MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[I][SIZE="3"]New Faces, Old Friends[/SIZE][/I] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Prof? How’s it going? Did you get that e-mail?”[/COLOR] The first week had been a whirlwind of activity so far. The viral advertising campaign hit the Internet hard and got some of the smarks buzzing. It wasn’t much to look at, just stock pictures of old wrestlers, some blurry footage from independent shows, and the promise that soon, professional wrestling would hit the Midwest like a hurricane. What really got their attention, though, was the news that I was booking. That aroused their curiousity. I didn’t have time to rest on my laurels, though. I had to assemble a roster and get a show ready for January. I sent out about a dozen feelers to various wrestlers. I then started sending e-mails to the owners of other promotions. I figured setting up working arrangements with them would be the smartest thing to do. I was able to reach AAA and USPW, along with NOTBPW and CGC. SOTBPW rejected my offer, but that’s okay; I was only interested in one of their workers anyway and could live without him. Professor Nero was the last person to contact on my list. He seemed to be taking his time. I looked up, surprised to find two young women standing in my office door. Probably two University of Minnesota students slumming for the afternoon. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Well, think about it and let me know what you decide. I think we can really work out a pretty good deal.” [/COLOR]I shut off my cell phone and looked at the two ladies. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Can I help you?”[/COLOR] One of them stepped forward and extended her hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Scapino?”[/COLOR] Probably not looking for the ladies’ room. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s me.”[/COLOR] She smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m glad we found you. Wanda Fish sent us.”[/COLOR] Definitely not looking for the ladies’ room. I motioned for them to take a seat. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“How do you know Wanda?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“She’s been training me for the past two years. My name is Debbie Rose and this is my tag team partner, Kate Lilly. We’ve been working the West Coast and were hoping to get a job with a promotion somewhere, and Wanda said we should look you up.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why not go to Triple-A or even have Wanda put in a good word with Richard Eisen at the SWF?”[/COLOR] Kate shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Triple-A made us an offer but we wanted to do more than just wrestle other women. And Deb did suggest the SWF to Wanda, but she didn’t want us there. Something about not working for Larry Wood.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I see. You understand, we’re a small promotion and we may not make it.”[/COLOR] Debbie smiled again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We understand that, but we’re willing to take the risk.”[/COLOR] I thought it over but not for long. I smiled and held out my hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Welcome to the MWA, ladies. I’ll get the contracts to you as soon as I can.”[/COLOR] *** A few days later, another shadow crossed my threshold, but I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw who it was. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Dan?”[/COLOR] Delirious Dan stepped through the office and enfolded me in a crushing bear hug. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What are you doing here?”[/COLOR] I asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“The SWF isn’t scheduled to come back to the Colisseum for a while.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Yeah, I know. I was hoping you could give me a job.” “What do you mean? What happened with the SWF?”[/COLOR] Dan laughed mirthlessly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Come on, Scap, I know that Mr. Eisen wanted to fire me a long time ago. It was a funny trick you pulled on him, converting my contract to a lifetime deal, but his lawyers finally got it annulled and demanded I hand over all the money I made. I’m out on the streets and I was hoping you could help me.”[/COLOR] I hesitated. I liked Dan. I had big plans for him back in the SWF, but he was still terrible in the ring. He must have read the hesitation on my face. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Look, I know I’m not the best, but please. Give me another chance.”[/COLOR] I sighed. Why not? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Welcome aboard, Dan. Let’s see what we can do with you this time.”[/COLOR] *** It was Tuesday evening. I had [I]Invasion![/I] on in the background as I looked over the manual for the video cameras my mysterious benefactor had bought. I had made the decision early on to broadcast our matches on the Internet rather than produce DVDs. We might lose out on some revenue but I figured the increased exposure was a good trade-off. My reading was interrupted as someone else came into my office. I sighed. Maybe I needed to get a receptionist. Or at least a door. I looked up and stared in stunned silence. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sabbath?”[/COLOR] The young man in the doorway grinned, as if confirming his identity. It couldn’t be him, though. Sabbath was one of the original Survivors who came into the SWF. Archangel and Joel Kovach were the only two left there. Sabbath was let go after a lukewarm reception by the fans. That only sent him into a downward spiral which ended in a fatal car crash. Sabbath had to be dead, but whoever stood in my office door looked almost exactly like him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sorry to give you a fright, Scap.”[/COLOR] Someone stepped around Sabbath’s doppelganger and once again, my eyes went wide with shock. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Rev? What the heck is going on here? I thought you had retired!”[/COLOR] The Rev, also one of the Survivors, smiled at me and shook my hands. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Just like you, once wrestling was in my blood, I wasn’t about to stop. I started a dojo down south and this here is my first graduate. Scapino, meet Izaak Tischler. He’s Sabbath’s baby brother.”[/COLOR] I felt a little relieved as I shook the young man’s hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I heard what you were up to in the Great White North and figured I’d bring my protégé up here to see what you could offer him.”[/COLOR] I smiled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“If you trained him, that’s good enough for me. Izaak, get in the ring. A few of my new hires should be in soon. We’ll see what you’ve got.”[/COLOR] Izaak trotted out of the office. I turned to the Rev and patted him on the shoulder. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“How are you doing?”[/COLOR] The Rev shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Gettin’ more and more restless as the years go on. The Cathedral ... my dojo ... that helps, but I’ve been itchin’ to get back into the game somehow. Problem is, I don’t think I could get medical clearance if I wanted.”[/COLOR] I brightened. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I may have a suggestion then. I’ve been planning on doing the announcing for the matches, but I could use someone on color.”[/COLOR] The Rev smiled and stuck out his hand. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hand me a mic and I’ll dazzle ‘em with so much crap, they won’t know what hit ‘em!”[/COLOR]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[I][SIZE="3"]The Roster[/SIZE][/I] Here’s the roster as it stands for the MWA (heels in red, faces in blue): [B][U]Main Eventers[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Delirious Dan[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Joanne Rodriguez[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Robert Oxford[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR] [B][U]Upper Midcarders[/U][/B] [COLOR="red"]Mean Jean Cattley Sgt. Buddy Lee West[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Steve Flash Valiant[/COLOR] [B][U]Midcarders[/U][/B] [COLOR="red"]Citizen X[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Debbie Rose Joey Poison Kate Lilly[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Marc Speed Steve Parker[/COLOR] [B][U]Lower Midcarder[/U][/B] [COLOR="red"]Agent 69[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Ben Williams[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Kashmir Singh[/COLOR] [B][U]Opener[/U][/B] [COLOR="red"]Nomad Thomas Morgan[/COLOR] [B][U]Enhancement Talent[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Izaak Tischler[/COLOR] [B][U]Announcer[/U][/B] Scapino [B][U]Color Commentator[/U][/B] The Rev [B][U]Road Agent[/U][/B] Crippler Ray Kingman [B][U]Referee[/U][/B] Jez MacArthuer I went for economy for my roster and also kept an eye on in-ring talent as much as possible. I do have to pay downside agreements to Robert Oxford and Crippler. The former is okay because of his high respect. The latter is going to be at every show anyway, so I figured why not.

I'd be hesitant to do so for two reasons: #1 - Like I said, this is basically a sloppy conversion of my saved game data. I just did it fast and dirty, not really cleaning up any loose ends. This whole thing may fall apart at some point in the near future. #2 - I'm kind of territorial about the Survivors. I kinda like the fact that I'm the only one with Joel Kovach and Archangel and Devorah and the Rev (and Dan and Izaak and the rest) running around in my diary.

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] * Our workers at the MWA are spreading out a little. Professor Nero recently hired Citizen X as the head booker for RIPW and also tapped the Rev for color commentary. Delirious Dan has also signed a deal with USPW and is working there as a Midcarder. * The first show for the MWA is set for the Friday of Week 3, January 2010. It’s to be called “On the Rise” and will feature the preliminary matches in a tournament to crown the first ever MWA Grand Champion. * In other news, the SWF held “When Hell Freezes Over” before a sold out crowd. Runaway Train captured the SWF World Heavyweight Championship from Jack Bruce. The star of the show was Angry Gilmore. Missy Masterson was injured in a match against Katharina Stevanovic. Predictably, Wanda Fish was nowhere to be seen. * Somehow I got a swollen maritime elbow. That’s particularly interesting since Minnesota is pretty much landlocked (unless you count Lake Superior) and all the lakes are frozen this time of year. What’s even more bizarre is that I got it cooking. The truly frustrating thing is that the doctors don’t seem to think that I can make it to “On the Rise”. I think we need better medical support. I mean, since when does an announcer need his elbow to call a match? Hopefully I’ll be there, but if not, I have an idea of how to cover it.

[CENTER]Midwest Wrestling Association presents [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“On the Rise”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Saturday of Week 3, January 2010[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 2,000 in attendance (Sold Out!)[/CENTER] 1) The show started with Delirious Dan in the ring. He was dressed in a very nice suit and he smiled and waved to the crowd. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Garrison. Welcome also to ‘On the Rise’, the first show of the Midwest Wrestling Association. Some of you may know me. My name is Delirious Dan and I’ll be announcing tonight. As some of you may know, the boss of the MWA and our regular announcer, John ‘Scapino’ Otte, is out with a serious injury. He’s watching us tonight via webcast from his hospital bed and I know the entire locker room joins me in wishing him a speedy recovery. “It’s kind of frightening, being the new kid on the block. And there are some big kids on this street who don’t play well with others. They’re probably not all that scared about us. Well, they should be. “You’re going to see some great matches put on by outstanding wrestlers tonight. Some of them you may know; many you may not. That’s okay. I guarantee by the end of the night, you’ll know them all and you’ll be begging for more. “Many of them will be fighting for this...”[/COLOR] Dan held up a velvet bag that appeared to contain a title belt. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This is the Midwest Grand Championship. That’s right. We’re calling it a Grand Championship, not a World Heavyweight Championship. That’s because we’re honest with ourselves. We’re not there .... yet. But the time will soon come when we will be. And you’ll all be able to remember that you were there when it started. “Thank you for coming and enjoy the show!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Valiant came out to the ring. He greeted the crowd and introduced himself, letting it slip “accidentally” that he was the Rhode Island Professional Wrestling champion. He went on to say that he was a little disappointed that he wasn’t asked to participate in the Grand Championship tournament. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But that’s okay. Let me show you what you’re missing. I’m throwing it open to anyone in the back. Come on out and let’s give these good people a show!”[/COLOR] Kashmir Singh came out and very blandly said that he accepted the challenge. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] for the response 3) [B]VALIANT vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Not as good as I was hoping for, but a pretty decent match seeing as Valiant and Kashmir are pretty much unknown in the Mid West and had to fight not only each other but to capture the audience’s attention. Kashmir put up a good fight but Valiant was able to overwhelm him in the end, dropping him with a V-Split. WINNER: [B]Valiant[/B] in 11:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring and sneered at the crowd. He got a microphone and stalked around the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Dan, I hate to disagree with you ... well, actually, no, I don’t. You don’t speak for everyone in the locker room and you sure as hell don’t speak for me. I don’t hope that Scapino comes back soon. Matter of fact, I wish that cooking accident took him out of commission for good! “You know why? Scapino wrecked my career! That’s right, he did! Most of you probably don’t know me, but if it weren’t for Scapino, I’d be a household name by now! See, I used to work for Rip Chord out east but thanks to Scapino’s work in some big, bad promotion, MAW got shut down. “Then maybe ‘cuz he felt guilty, Scapino brought me up to the SWF and then never did anything with me! I just sat in the back, getting rustier and rustier while Scapino pushed clowns like you, Delirious Dan. I eventually got let go and nobody would touch me. “So who knows why he brought me here. Maybe he ain’t done torturing me yet. Don’t know, don’t care. All I know is he’s made a fatal mistake: he put me in the tournament. That means that once I become the ‘Grand Champion’ or whatever ya call it, I’ll have some stroke in this company and became a major pain in Scapino’s ass. Choke on it, Scap!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Izaak danced his way out to the ring, putting on a great show for the crowd. Mean Jean watched him, sheer contempt painted on his face. The match was great. Mean Jean and Izaak really put on a great show. Izaak proved that he had some of his big brother’s magic and you could practically hear the Rev’s chest bursting with pride as his protégé went toe-to-toe with Mean Jean and nearly took him down several times. In the end, though, Mean Jean hit the Mood Swing for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 8:12 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Joanne Rodriguez appeared on screen and once the catcalls died down, she spoke of her upcoming match with Marc Speed. She said she knew it may seem unusual that a woman would wrestle a man, but she said that she was going to prove that it could be done. She said it’s worked “elsewhere” (although she did hint that it wasn’t that way anymore) and it’s going to work in the MWA as well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. MARC SPEED[/B] This slowed the show down a little, giving the audience a good break in the action. J-Ro and Marc put on a technician’s clinic, using a variety of holds to tangle each other up. The Rev really shone on color for this one, describing how each hold worked and explaining how the legends of the past would have been impressed with this match. A few times, Marc kicked it up a notch with some flying but finally, J-Ro put him away with the J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 12:10 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) A graphic appeared on the big screen, showing the brackets for the tournament. Mean Jean’s name had already been filled in for the semi-finals. J-Ro’s joined him and Dan and the Rev announced that at our February show, “Bound for Glory”, Mean Jean and J-Ro would face off for a shot at the title. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 9) The big screen lit up with a scene from a posh restaurant. A group of well-dressed individuals were chatting in one corner and then started laughing politely as a man in a tuxedo said something that I can only assume was witty. He then turned around and introduced himself as Playboy Jake Sawyer. He said he’s traveled the world over, he’s made his fortune doing this and that, and now he’s looking for a new challenge. He said that with his impressive business acumen and superior intellect, he’s going to shake things up in the MWA by producing memorable champions. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And if we can make a buck or two from merchandising in the process, so much the better!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) That video transitioned into another, this one a movie parody. Music similar to the Mission: Impossible theme started up and we watched as Agent 69 and Citizen X dashed through darkened rooms and swung around corners, as if engaged in some clandestine affair. A droning voice over explained that Agent 69 and Citizen X worked for a shadow agency known only as MI-07. Their current mission was to infiltrate the MWA and become the new tag team champions. It was cheesy, it was hokey, but hey, it was kind of fun. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 11) [B]LILLY & ROSE vs. MI-07 [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Dan commented that it wouldn’t be right to have the MWA’s first show without someone winning some sort of championship, and so Debbie Rose and Kate Lilly were teaming up to take on MI-07 for the newly created tag team belts. It was a pretty good match. Citizen X really shone in the match, resorting to some spectacular aerial moves that took out the competition. Kate and Debbie returned the offense, but it wasn’t enough. Agent 69 took down Kate Lilly with a hurricanrana for the pin and the win. WINNERS: [B]MI-07[/B] in 9:33 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) Citizen X and Agent 69 split up backstage to head to their separate locker rooms when X bumped into Valiant. Valiant tried to congratulate X on his win, but X didn’t seem to care. X suggested that Valiant was just jealous that he won a title tonight. Valiant reminded X that he was the RIPW champ, but X said that didn’t matter in Minnesota. Valiant told him he had better show him some respect. When X refused, Valiant suggested that the two of them face off at “Bound For Glory.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 13) “Taps” played over the loudspeaker and Sgt. Buddy Lee West marched out the ring. He demanded that the audience come to attention because he had something to say. He then went off on a rant about illegal immigrants, saying that America was under siege. He complained that illegal immigrants were taking over everyone’s jobs and if we weren’t careful, there’d be nothing left for good ol’ red-blooded Americans like us. He then made the connection to his opponent in the title tournament, Ultimate Phoenix. He said Phoenix was the perfect example, comin’ into an American wrestling promotion with his fancy-pants lew-chee-door moves. He said that by the time he was done with him tonight, Phoenix would beg to be deported back to Mexico. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Do you suppose now would be a good time to tell Sarge that Phoenix was born and raised in Detroit?” [/COLOR]Dan asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Nah, let him have his fun.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 14) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. SGT. BUDDY LEE WEST[/B] Phoenix charged the ring, obviously fired up from Sarge’s tirade. That played right into Sarge’s hands. He clubbed Phoenix across the back and dropped him to the mat and then spent the opening minutes pounding on Phoenix, who wasn’t able to offer much resistance. Eventually Phoenix was able to rally and the two men put on a spectacular show, Sarge resorting to power while Phoenix used a series of flashy moves to stun the bigger man. Finally, Phoenix surprised Sarge by hitting the Phoenix Firebird Splash for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 11:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 15) Phoenix celebrated his win by going from post to post. Sarge looked stunned, then upset, and finally furious. He pulled Phoenix down from one corner and slammed him to the mat with a powerbomb and then repeatedly kicked his chest until Jez MacArthuer separated the two. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 16) A video played on the big screen, hyping the main event for tonight as a clash between two veterans, Steve Flash and Robert Oxford. We hinted at their storied career as much as we could without breaching any copyrights. I think Robert was relieved I couldn’t use any of my footage from when he was Shifty MacDougal in the SWF. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 17) [B]STEVE FLASH vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] These two put on a great match that really surprised the fans. I don’t think they thought these two had it in them. Robert was a little winded by the time he was done, but it was still a great capper for the show. Both men laid it on the line and pounded the living heck out of each other from the moment the bell rang. It looked like either one could easily win and both men scored near falls. In the end, Robert nearly took Steve out of his boots with a vicious clothesline and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Robert Oxford [/B]in 17:06 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 18) Once again, the tournament brackets appeared, revealing that at our next show, Ultimate Phoenix would face off against Robert Oxford to see who would go on to the final match for the Grand Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Okay, apparently we attract a schizophrenic crowd. Some of the audience members were put out by a lack of dangerous spots. Others were put out by the intense physicality of the matches. Still and all, not a bad first show, I think. Much to my surprise, I learned that we actually made $4,275 on the show. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Rise”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Valiant defeated Kashmir Singh [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Marc Speed [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]MI-07 defeated Lilly & Rose to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix defeated Sgt. Buddy Lee West [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Robert Oxford defeated Steve Flash [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE]Midwest Wrestling Association held MWA On the Rise last night in the Garrison, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback has been excellent, the show went down really well.[/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Tuesday of Week 4, January 2010 -[/I][/B] Much to my surprise, I noted on ProWrestlingHits.com that Wanda Fish was thought to be the star of Invasion! this week. I immediately checked the results of the show, hoping that maybe Larry Wood had finally given her a challenge. Nope. Another squash match against Katharina Stevanovic. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 4, January 2010 -[/I][/B] .... but maybe he finally figured it out. Once again, ProWrestlingHits.com named Wanda the star of an SWF show. But this time, she was in a match with Joe Sexy, Kid Toma, and Katharina. Wanda lost, but it’s good to see that she’s at least being used in a halfway decent manner. [B][I]Sunday of Week 4, January 2010 -[/I][/B] I was shocked to learn that two new promotions opened worldwide. I wished for a moment that I had a phone number for my mysterious benefactor to see if he was behind it. One was based in Europe, Junge Europaeische Federalisten. The other opened in the Midwest as well! They were calling themselves Exodus-USA. Needless to say, I wasn’t too pleased with their choice of location. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, February 2010 -[/I][/B] January turned out to be a good first month for the MWA. Factoring in merchandising and sponsors, we made $17,383. That’s a relief. I was seriously worried I’d wind up bankrupting the company within six months! [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, February 2010 -[/I][/B] Fumihiro Ota apparently took over EX-USA. I had considered trying to buy them out before they could even get started, but we’ll wait and see what happens. [B][I]Thursday of Week 1, February 2010 -[/I][/B] I came back to work after being released from the hospital by those dimwit doctors only to discover that EX-USA has made a pay-per-appearance offer to Izaak. That might actually be good for him; if they run shows in the Mid West, he’ll get more exposure and it won’t cost me a dime. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 2, February 2010 -[/I][/B] TCW finally did it! They finally rose to global! [B][I]Thursday of Week 2, February 2010 -[/I][/B] Just for fun, I put in a request with C.A.N.N. for a TV show deal. I really doubt that anything will come from it, but you never know. [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, February 2010 -[/I][/B] A few days before our next show, I sat down and fiddled with our product a little, trying to bring the two halves of our audience together. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 3, February 2010 -[/I][/B] Not surprisingly, C.A.N.N. rejected our negotiations. From MWA.com - [QUOTE]Be sure to attend “Destined for Glory” held on Friday of Week 3, February 2010. See the following matches: [SIZE="2"][CENTER]Joanne Rodriguez vs. Mean Jean Cattley in the semi-finals of the Grand Championship Tournament Delirious Dan vs. Sgt. Buddy Lee West Izaak Tischler & Joey Poison vs. Steven Parker & Marc Speed Agent 69 vs. Kate Lilly Valiant vs. Citizen X Steve Flash vs. Thomas Morgan Ultimate Phoenix vs. Robert Oxford in the semi-finals of the Grand Championship Tournament[/CENTER][/SIZE] Tickets still only $2 at the Garrison![/QUOTE]

[CENTER]The MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Destined for Glory”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Friday of Week 3, February 2010[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,900 in attendance[/CENTER] 1) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Things were supposed to start off with a bang as these two engaged in an all-out brawl for a chance at the finals and the MWA Grand Championship. Sadly, a lack of chemistry between J-Ro and Mean Jean sort of caused it to fizzle instead of sizzle. But they still did their best. Mean Jean seemed a little too sure of himself, behaving in a very overconfident manner and disrespecting Joanne in a variety of ways. But then J-Ro wiped the smirk off his face by firing back a killer offense that sent Mean Jean running. Finally, Mean Jean, in desperation, lured J-Ro out of the ring and after distracting the ref, slammed her across the head with the ring bell. He then rolled back into the ring and waited until the ref had counted J-Ro out. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 15:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean then got the mic and turned to the announce table where the Rev and I were complaining about the short-cut he took. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey, Scap, welcome back from your near career ending cooking accident! You’ll notice that I’m going on to try and win the precious Grand Championship and there isn’t a damn thing you can do to stop me!”[/COLOR] He tossed down the mic and stomped to the back. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So exactly how did you hurt your elbow cooking, Scap?” [/COLOR]the Rev asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I don’t want to talk about it,” [/COLOR]I replied. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) Sgt. Buddy Lee West marched out to the ring and complained bitterly about the way he lost last month to Ultimate Phoenix. He then complained about how he was now some sort of “booby prize” for Delirious Dan. Apparently MWA management decided to thank Dan by giving him a high profile match for tonight, and Sarge was it. Sarge then called out Dan and told him it was time for his ass-whuppin’. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) [B]DELIRIOUS DAN vs. SGT. BUDDY LEE WEST[/B] Sarge too turned out to be surprised. Dan proved difficult to pin. He slipped through most of Sarge’s holds and finally took the bigger man down with a Delirium Driver. WINNER: [B]Delirious Dan [/B]in 7:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) Sarge can’t believe that he lost. He throws an absolute hissy fit, kicking and screaming like some spoiled two year old. He then stopped just as quickly as he started and muttered something under his breath about Ultimate Phoenix. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I think Ultimate Phoenix better be worried if Sarge gets his hands on him,” [/COLOR]I observed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I think America ought to be worried if that’s the best our military can produce!” [/COLOR]Rev countered. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) Nomad came out to the ring and introduced himself to the crowd. He then stumbled through a truly horrific promise to take things up a notch, starting next month at “Battleground”, our March show. A lot of people used this opportunity to go bother Paulie for another beer. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F[/COLOR] 7) Playboy Jake Sawyer came out to the ring next with a folding chair. After getting the mic, he said that he was going to observe the following tag team match to see if any of the participants were worthy of being represented by him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER & JOEY POISON vs. STEVEN PARKER & MARC SPEED[/B] Izaak really shone in the ring once again. I could practically feel the pride radiating from the Rev as he hyped up his student’s work. Playboy Jake seemed impressed as well. All in all, a decent match. Each of the four men got in some offense before Parker dropped Izaak to the mat with a Future Shock. WINNERS: [B]Steven Parker & Marc Speed [/B]in 10:24 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) The big screen showed Agent 69 putting the finishing touches on her costume before heading out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 10) [B]KATE LILLY vs. AGENT 69[/B] Great match. The ladies really set a high bar for the rest of the show with this one. Both 69 and Kate took to the air with a number of high spots that kept the crowd jumping. Agent 69 seemed to be pulling into the lead but then Kate took over, delivering a devastating drop kick that took Agent 69 right out of the air. It looked like Kate had everything sewn up when Citizen X charged out to the ring. While 69 distracted Jez MacArthuer, Citizen X dropped Kate to the mat with his tag title belt. Agent 69 then made the pin. WINNER: [B]Agent 69 [/B]in 7:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) Agent 69 and Citizen X engaged in some silly spy-themed posing while Jez helped Kate out of the ring. X then dismissed 69 and got the mic. He said that he was on a roll. One half of the tag team champs and tonight, he was going to put that ****y jerk Valiant in his place by beating him 1-2-3. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) [B]VALIANT vs. CITIZEN X[/B] The ladies set the bar. The boys kicked it up another notch. Another great match. Valiant was on fire as he hit the ring and the two men brawled through the ring and then around it even. Finally, as Citizen X was trying to set Valiant up for his finishing move, Valiant blocked it and hit the V-Split. WINNER: [B]Valiant[/B] in 10:46 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Steve Flash came out to the ring and got the mic. He prattled on about how great it was to be working in an up-and-coming promotion with great stars. He said that he was particularly willing to take some of the rookies to school and to prove it, he called out Thomas Morgan. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 14) [B]STEVE FLASH vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] And the bar keeps getting raised higher. Thomas did not seem all too appreciative of Steve’s charity. He came out to the ring scowling and refused to shake Steve’s offered hand. Steve shrugged and then laid in a knife-edge chop that reverberated through the space. The match was on, both men working over the other one as much as possible. Thomas even surprised everyone by taking to the air a little. But he finally took down Steve with a rolling thunder. WINNER: [B]Thomas Morgan [/B]in 7:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 15) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] Once again, Robert was showing signs of his age by the end of the match. He had a difficult time keeping up with Phoenix. It still proved to be a decent match. Robert relied on a lot of holds to try to ground Phoenix. The Rev commented that was a good strategy, because if Phoenix could break away, he could easily end the match faster than Robert could blink. There were a few times when Robert seemed poised to pick up the win, but in the end, Phoenix did indeed break free and, after a dazzling series of aerial moves, dropped Robert with the Phoenix Firebird Splash. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 19:28 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 16) Ultimate Phoenix celebrated his win in the ring, but that proved to be short lived. Sgt. Buddy Lee West charged out and attacked him, laying the boots to him until Jez MacArthuer could pull him away. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 17) As the crowd gathered up their belongings, a graphic flashed on the big screen inviting them to come back next month for “Battleground”, where the final match between Mean Jean Cattley and Ultimate Phoenix would be held. One of those men would become the new MWA Grand Champion! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Once again, we had that strange split attitude in the crowd. Half wanted more high spots. The other half thought things were too intense. Anybody have any thoughts? Financially, we didn’t make quite as much this time; We used more of our workers tonight and the crowd was a hundred people too short. Still, $2,075 profit is nothing to sneeze at. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Destined for Glory”[/COLOR][/U] Mean Jean Cattley defeated Joanne Rodriguiz - [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] Delirious Dan defeated Sgt. Buddy Lee West - [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] Steven Parker & Marc Speed defeated Izaak Tischler & Joey Poison - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] Agent 69 defeated Kate Lilly - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] Valiant defeated Citizen X - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] Thomas Morgan defeated Steve Flash - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] Ultimate Phoenix defeated Robert Oxford - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE]Midwest Wrestling Association held MWA Destined for Glory last night in the Garrison, and drew 1,900 fans. The feedback has been that the show was pretty good all around. When asked, popular local resident Arlie Rahn quipped, “I don’t believe a word of it.”[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Once again, we had that strange split attitude in the crowd. Half wanted more high spots. The other half thought things were too intense. Anybody have any thoughts?[/QUOTE] You'll have to raise your danger and lower your intensity through product.

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;179485]Once again, we had that strange split attitude in the crowd. Half wanted more high spots. The other half thought things were too intense. Anybody have any thoughts?[/QUOTE] Try 40 Intensity, 60 Danger. Your 'Heavy' Modern requires at least 50 Danger, or somewhere thereabouts.

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Wednesday of Week 4, February 2010 -[/I][/B] RIPW held their monthly show. Valiant once again defeated Citizen X, but this time in a title defense. As a result of a pretty good show, they were able to rise to Small size. [B][I]Saturday of Week 2, March 2010 -[/I][/B] I fiddled some more with the product we’re presenting in the hopes of satisfying our fans. Both the Rev and Crippler warned me that I may wind up alienating our fanbase with the changes, but I figure we have to take a shot at it. [B][I]Monday of Week 3, March 2010 -[/I][/B] As I suspected, the MWA isn’t quite big enough yet to attract high caliber stars. Upon hearing that Joey Minnesota’s contract with the SWF was about to expire, I contacted him just to see what would happen. He got back to me and told me he didn’t think it’d be a good career move. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"]“MWA Battleground”[/SIZE][/COLOR] Saturday of Week 3, March 2010![/CENTER] Featuring these matches... [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Nomad vs. an as-of-yet unannounced opponent Steve Flash vs. Thomas Morgan Ultimate Phoenix vs. Mean Jean Cattley for the MWA Grand Championship[/SIZE] And much, much more![/CENTER] Be there at the Garrison to see all the heart-stopping action![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;177472]Your SWF dynasty was the best TEW diary ever! As a Minnesotan I would like to point out that "a modest home in Edina, a pretty prosperous suburb" is a major understatment! Just about the richest place in MN...[/QUOTE] Just found this after settling in back at school, hurray! MaxxHexx I gotta laugh because my immediate reaction to that part of the story was "Pft...Edina", I do the same thing whenever I watch Mighty Ducks and they introduce Adam Banks, don't know why. What part of MN are you from, or you too Scap for that matter. I'm originally from Hutchinson.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Battleground”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Friday of Week 3, March 2010[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,613 in attendance[/CENTER] 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER & JOEY POISON vs. MI-07 [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Oddly, even though Izaak was clearly off his game tonight he still was the stand-out of the match. I’m still not getting the pop I’m hoping for in the opening matches. It was good and I think the crowd enjoyed this outing, but things were still a little lackluster. At any rate, Joey and Izaak put up a good fight, but some well-timed double-teaming by MI-07 turned the tables. Agent 69 got Izaak to tap out with an STF. WINNERS: [B]MI-07[/B] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) MI-07 didn’t get much of a chance to celebrate. Debbie Rose and Kate Lilly came out to ringside and challenged them to a match at our next show, “Juggernaut”. Citizen X got on the mic and said that he and his partner had no trouble beating Debbie and Kate to win their titles. They’d have no trouble taking them out a second time. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the acceptance 3) Mean Jean Cattley appeared on screen and hyped up the main event for tonight. He said that after being held back and held down by so many individuals, he was finally getting his shot. He was on his way up to the top once again and this time, no one was going to hold him back. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) Nomad came out to the ring and once again hyped himself up. This time he did a slightly better job as his natural charisma carried him through the promo. He said he was so good, he would prove it by fighting anyone in the back. Valiant came out to accept the open challenge, much to Nomad’s horror. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] for the open challenge and the response 5) [B]VALIANT vs. NOMAD[/B] A pretty good match in spite of the clunky introduction. Valiant and Nomad were able to trade some really good blows but also stepped things up a notch in keeping with our new higher danger rating. Nomad looked like he might have actually come out on top, but Valiant then dropped him with a V-Split. WINNER: [B]Valiant[/B] in 10:36 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Izaak Tischler looked a little bummed about not winning the tag team belts. But then Playboy Jake Sawyer approached him. Sawyer said that he had been watching Izaak for the past couple of months and was impressed by him. He compared Izaak to a diamond in the rough, one that needed just the right honing and polishing so that he could be a precious gem. Sawyer then offered his services to Izaak, saying that together, they could be an unstoppable pair. Izaak didn’t seem to sure, so Sawyer told him he could take some time and think about it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) [B]STEVE FLASH vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] The rematch wasn’t quite as good as the original. Thomas seemed very confident and the Rev thought he knew why. He pointed out that the rookie took out the veteran the first time they locked up and that Thomas likely though that beating Steve again would be a walk in the park. Unfortunately for him, Steve was able to fight back handily. As a matter of fact, after weathering Thomas’s offense, he surprised the crowd by firing off a Flash Bang, pinning a stunned Thomas. WINNER: [B]Steve Flash [/B]in 11:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Ultimate Phoenix took a turn on the mic. He spoke of honor. He spoke of pride. He said that he was grateful for this chance to become the first ever Grand Champion. He predicted that Mean Jean would go down in fiery defeat. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]BEN WILLIAMS vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] Ben was introduced as a wrestling fan who finally made it to the big leagues. Sadly, I’m not sure he belongs here. Let me explain why: usually when I put Oxford in a match, I have to be careful because he doesn’t have the stamina of the younger workers. But in this match, Ben is the one who wound up exhausted. It was a mediocre match that sent most of the fans headed out to the bar to freshen up their drinks. WINNER: [B]Robert Oxford [/B]in 11:28 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) [B]DELIRIOUS DAN vs. JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. SGT. BUDDY LEE WEST vs. MARC SPEED [/B]to determine the #1 Contender for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] The Rev and I explained to the folks watching on the Internet that at the MWA, we do our best to make sure that things keep popping. That’s why, before the champ was even crowned, we would find out who he would face in a month at “Juggernaut”. Sarge looked to be the early favorite, thanks in no small part to the lackluster performance of Dan. I had forgotten how great it was when Dan is off his game. This match reminded me. Anyway, Sarge put up a great fight, powering through his opponents and really looking on fire. He actually managed to drop Marc pretty hard and looked to be ready to win when J-Ro dropkicked him off Marc. Dan tried to interfere, so J-Ro hit the J-Rocker and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 15:07 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) The big screen lit up to show Ultimate Phoenix getting ready for his match. As he prepared, J-Ro came in to wish him luck. She told him she was looking forward to fighting him next month at “Juggernaut” and then told him to go out there and shut Mean Jean’s big mouth. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 12) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] The crowd actually seemed to perk up for this one. It was easily our best match of the night. Mean Jean shouted abuse at the crowd and even paused for a moment to sneer in my direction. The Rev commented that Mean Jean didn’t seem to appreciate me that much. I admitted that the feeling was mutual, but that I respected his skills in the ring. The match was simply great. Phoenix and Mean Jean put it all on the line as they battled it out. Ultimate Phoenix scored the first near fall, leading the Rev to confidently predict that he was going to be the winner. But Mean Jean was able to kick out before the ref could even get to two. The match continued, keeping the crowd gasping, especially as Phoenix went for higher and higher spots. At one point, he hit a beautiful plancha over the top rope to knock Mean Jean to the ground and, in the process, almost knocked himself out as well. He was able to get back into the ring to break up the count. Mean Jean finally managed to rally and started working him over, doing his best to keep Phoenix grounded. He especially worked on his legs, which the Rev said was a smart move. “Without those powerful legs, Phoenix won’t be able to do half of his moves.” Mean Jean tried a few pins of his own, but seemed to take the patient route and didn’t get frustrated. He finally was able to nail a picture-perfect Mood Swing and made the cover, only to have Phoenix kick out at two and a half. Now the frustration started to show. He worked Phoenix over some more and tried another pin, only to have his opponent kick out again. Finally, as Mean Jean tried to set up another Mood Swing, Phoenix came back to life and, seemingly out of nowhere, hit the Phoenix Firebird Splash. He quickly dove on Mean Jean and Jez MacArthuer made the count. WINNER:[B] Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 23:17 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) As Phoenix celebrated, the title belt was given to him. The crowd responded with a smattering of applause. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Izaak was used to much in the show apparently. We still haven’t hit the right balance. Now the spots are too dangerous for the crowd while the intensity is still too much. One the plus side, we probably increased our popularity a little, which is always a good thing. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Battleground”[/COLOR][/U] [I]MI-07 (c) defeated Izaak Tischler & Joey Poison to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Valiant defeated Nomad [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Steve Flash defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Robert Oxford defeated Ben Williams [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Delirious Dan, Sgt. Buddy Lee West, and Marc Speed [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix defeated Mean Jean Cattley to capture the [COLOR="red"]MWA Grand Championship[/I] [/COLOR]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE]Midwest Wrestling Association held MWA Battleground last night in the Garrison and drew 1,613 fans. The feedback has been excellent, the show went down really well. On our message boards, poster ‘Dolfanar’ replied, “This sounds like a fake story to me...?”[/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 3, March 2010 -[/I][/B] I’ve already gone in and lowered our match intensity and our match danger. I once again was warned that we’ll lose some of our fans. At this point, I figure it’s worth the risk. [B][I]Sunday of Week 3, March 2010 -[/I][/B] And the risk was simply not worth taking. As a result of my continual fiddling, our popularity has dropped and we’re no longer regional. We’re “Small.” ProWrestlingHits.com has predicted we’ll only last another month and even suggested that some of the talent may be considering walking. A quick chat with them revealed that this isn’t the case. [B][I]Monday of Week 4, March 2010 -[/I][/B] EX-USA had their first show and, much to my surprise, Izaak Tischler got a pretty good showing. He beat Sayeed Ali for the EX-USA Intercontinental Title. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, April 2010 -[/I][/B] I called the Rev and Crippler into my office to discuss our situation. I wasn’t too pleased with myself for the way our promotion had shrunk. We also faced our first month at a loss. The drop in popularity resulted in lower ticket sales even at a reduced price. Even with our sponsor money, we lost $2,284. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So what do we do?” [/COLOR]I asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We’ve got pretty decent workers. Do we just keep plugging along and hope for the best?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“First thing, kid, you gotta stop messing with our style,” [/COLOR]Crippler said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You keep doing that, we’re going to lose all of our fans and we’ll burn through that two mill before you can say ‘boo’. Second, maybe we do some horse-tradin’ with the promotions we’ve got working arrangements with. Bring in some big names to job to our guys.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’ve got an idea along those lines too,” [/COLOR]the Rev said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Let me shake a few trees, I might have a surprise for our next show.”[/COLOR] [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, April 2010 -[/I][/B] How the mighty have fallen. At last night’s Invasion!, Dark Angel became the SWF 10-Minute Champion. [B][I]Friday of Week 1, April 2010 -[/I][/B] The Rev popped his head into my office and informed me that his plan fell through. He said our lowly stature worked against us. From MWA.com - [QUOTE]We may be in a smaller venue, but we’re still just as exciting as ever. [CENTER]Be sure to attend [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Juggernaut”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] on Saturday of Week 3, April 2010![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="3"]MI-07 defends [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR]against Lilly & Rose Ultimate Phoenix makes his first [COLOR="red"]MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR]defense against Joanne Rodriguez Mean Jean Cattley and Valiant will also be in action![/SIZE][/CENTER] So be there at the Junkyard![/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Juggernaut”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Saturday of Week 3, April 2010[/I] Held at the Junkyard in the Mid West Territory 679 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Internet fans to the Junkyard. We then broke the news that the scheduled main event could not take place because Joanne Rodriguez had prior commitments. When it rains... 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] But the opening bout helped assuage some of the disappointment. Izaak and Steven put on a great technical clinic, using a variety of holds to keep each other grounded. In the end, Izaak was able to drop Steven to the mat with a sit-down powerbomb. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 11:49 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley came out to ringside with a mic and got in my face. He said he heard the news that J-Ro had jumped ship tonight. He said that the MWA was on shaky legs lately and he blamed it on the fact that Ultimate Phoenix was the champion. He claimed we would already be putting the fear of God into the big boys if he were champ. He then suggested I get on my cell phone and call the other members of the MWA Booking Committee and ask them to give the fans what they want: Mean Jean Cattley vs. Ultimate Phoenix II for the title! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the complaining and the match request 3) Playboy Jake Sawyer found Izaak backstage and congratulated him on his win. He asked if Izaak had given his offer any thought. Izaak said he had. He thanked Sawyer for his interest but said he was going to pass. Sawyer’s face darkened and he informed Izaak that he would come to regret his decision. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 4) Sgt. Buddy Lee West came out to the ring and he too complained bitterly about the fact that Ultimate Phoenix had the strap. He said it wasn’t fair that the first title shot was given to J-Ro, who wasn’t even here tonight. He said that he was more than willing to step up, but that the booking committee by-passed him and put him in a match with Valiant instead. He warned Valiant that he was in a foul mood and was likely to take it out on someone. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) [B]VALIANT vs. SGT. BUDDY LEE WEST[/B] Sarge was on fire in the early going of the match. He looked ready to drop Valiant easily. But Valiant refused to be pinned, kicking out of a number of near falls. Sarge even tried to cut some corners, using the lower rope to choke out Valiant, but the ref quickly put a stop to that. Finally, Valiant rallied and, after a dazzling flurry of offense, put Sarge away with the V-Split. WINNER: [B]Valiant[/B] in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) I got into the ring and called Mean Jean back out. I informed him that, as he requested, I checked with the booking committee. I explained that we were all in agreement that Mean Jean had been given his chance for the title and we felt it best for the promotion if someone else be given the title shot tonight. Mean Jean, needless to say, was not happy about that. And he took it out on me. Before I could get out of the ring, Mean Jean had snared me and laid into me with a series of near-deafening knife-edge chops. He then nailed a Mood Swing, dropping me to the mat. That’s when the Rev charged into the ring and chased Mean Jean off. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the decision; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the attack 7) A video played, hyping the match between Lilly & Rose and MI-07 for the tag titles. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 8) [B]LILLY & ROSE vs. MI-07 (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] The Rev handled most of this match until I returned from being checked out by the medics backstage. The ladies once again put on a great aerial show for the crowd as Citizen X worked from a more grounded offense. There were a number of times where it looked like Debbie and Kate would walk away as the new champs, but then Citizen X managed to bring Debbie to the mat and pinned her, using a handful of her tights to keep her down. WINNERS: [B]MI-07 [/B]in 12:10 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) MI-07 got on the mics and taunted Lilly & Rose for losing to them yet again. They said that as far as Debbie and Kate were concerned, winning the titles would be mission impossible. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) Mean Jean Cattley strutted through the backstage area on the big screen when he ran into Joey Poison. Joey informed Mean Jean that he wasn’t happy with what he did to me out in the ring. Mean Jean laughed it off, telling Joey to back off or he’d get hurt as well. He tried to step around Joey, but Joey didn’t budge. Mean Jean tried to go the other way, only to have Joey step in the way. Mean Jean threatened him again. Joey suggested they go out to the ring and finish their argument there. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 11) [B]JOEY POISON vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] The Rev commented to me that Joey seemed very loyal. I said that was the beauty of the MWA: we’re all mostly family here, even if Mean Jean doesn’t understand that. Joey put up a great fight but Mean Jean proved to be too much for him, finally dropping him with a Mood Swing. Mean Jean then sneered at me and yelled some abuse about how I should watch my back. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 15:34 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Ultimate Phoenix came out to the ring and apologized to the fans for not being able to deliver the match that was promised. He said that he would save a match for Joanne when she got back. He also said he regrets the booking committee’s decision, saying that he would have no problem stepping in the ring against Mean Jean or Sgt. Buddy Lee West. He finished his speech by saying that just because J-Ro wasn’t here, that didn’t mean that he wouldn’t defend his title. He said that anyone in the back could come out and face him. Steve Flash came out to the ring and accepted the challenge. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] for the acceptance 13) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX (c) vs. STEVE FLASH [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Great match to finish the night. Phoenix and Flash have great chemistry in the ring together and so it really helped pop the crowd. The battle was intense, keeping the fans on their feet for most of the match. Steve Flash looked really good in the ring, weathering Ultimate Phoenix’s airborne assault and actually dropping him out of the air a few times. Neither man could really claim an advantage for most of the match; what few pinfalls there were lasted only a one count. Finally, though, Ultimate Phoenix was able to block an attempted Flash Bang and hit the Phoenix Firebird Splash. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 27:29 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) Afterwards, Steve Flash went over to Phoenix and shook his hand. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] There was minor annoyance over the fact that J-Ro was missing. We also lost $9,976 on the show. But on the positive side, we seem to have finally hit the right stride for our matches. No complaints about intensity or danger. And this night produced our best rating to date. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Juggernaut”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Valiant defeated Sgt. Buddy Lee West [/I]-[COLOR="blue"] C[/COLOR] [I]MI-07 (c) defeated Lilly & Rose to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix (c) defeated Steve Flash to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE]Midwest Wrestling Association held MWA Juggernaut last night in The Junkyard, and drew 679 fans. The feedback has been awesome, the small company has outshone some of the bigger promotions’ recent efforts.[/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 4, April 2010 -[/I][/B] Much to my surprise, Delirious Dan was chosen by ProWrestlingHits on-line denizens as the most entertaining wrestler in the world. Cool. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, May 2010 -[/I][/B] What little money we got from merchandise and from our sponsors helped arrest our financial fall a little. At month’s end, we had only lost $3,935. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, May 2010 -[/I][/B] Christian Faith won the SWF World Heavyweight Championship for the fifth time. [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, May 2010 -[/I][/B] Took him long enough. At “Master of Puppets”, Larry Wood rewarded himself by winning the 10-Minute Championship from Dark Angel. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Unbowed, Unbroken”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] on Saturday of Week 3, May 2010.[/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler vs. Citizen X Joey Poison vs. Robert Oxford Delirious Dan vs. Kashmir Singh plus Mean Jean Cattley and Ultimate Phoenix in action![/SIZE][/CENTER] Held at the Junkyard. Be there for all the incredible action![/QUOTE] Just an OOC Note: If you wish to ever make predictions or make comments or ask questions, just speak up!

Archived