MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Friday of Week 3, September 2013[/I][/B] - The next morning, as the Rev came out of his hotel room, he found me standing in his way. He took a step back and wouldn’t meet my gaze for a few minutes. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You want to explain what’s going on?” [/COLOR]I asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You don’t want to re-sign with us? What is that all about?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I don’t want to talk about it,”[/COLOR] he grumbled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s too bad, because I’m not going anywhere until I get some answers.”[/COLOR] The Rev grumbled something under his breath and finally stepped aside, motioning for me to come into his room. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now what’s going on?”[/COLOR] I asked as he shut the door. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why do you want to leave?”[/COLOR] The Rev stared at me, his face twisted with anger. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You just don’t get it, do you? You have no idea how this business is run.” “What?” “Do you remember how I left the SWF?”[/COLOR] he asked. I thought back to it. It was a painful memory. Sabbath, the Rev’s protégé and Izaak’s older brother, had been released from the SWF after a few months’ employment. He became depressed and, as a result, had wound up in a drunk driving accident that cost him his life. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You asked to be released,”[/COLOR] I said hesitantly. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s right, I did. But that’s not what I’m talking about. How did you send me off publicly?”[/COLOR] I froze. I had no idea. I could remember the Rev coming into my office in tears over what happened to Sabbath but beyond that, it was all a blur. That was around the time the SWF went global... Had I introduced the Anonymous Avenger yet? I couldn’t even remember who the champs had been. The Rev must have read my confusion. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Let me remind you. You did nothing. A month beforehand, you had me job out to Steve Frehley and Joe Sexy in title defenses. Then nothing until I left. And what did you do? You just let me leave. No fanfare, no final title match, nothing. And at the time, I accepted that because that’s the way the business works. “But then she retires and you practically roll out the red carpet for [I]her[/I].”[/COLOR] I was stunned. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This is about Ogiwara?”[/COLOR] “You’re damn right it is! You job out Vengeance to her so she can hold gold one more time!” [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I did have Vengeance beat her up the next show...” “Like that changes things? The last thing people will see when they read about Ogiwara’s career is that she left as the MWA’s Regional Champion. She didn’t get buried, she didn’t lose. She left on a high note, which is more than you ever did for me or Sabbath.” “C’mon, Rev, you know it’s not like that.” “Oh, sure, you say that now, but your actions say something different entirely.”[/COLOR] He stalked over to the door and ripped it open. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now get out. I’ve said my piece. Don’t bother contacting me or my agent again. I’ll finish out my contract for you, but that’s all I’ll do.”[/COLOR] I looked him over one last time, hoping that he would let me know that this was a rib. He never did and I had to leave.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“New Legacy”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I]Sunday of Week 3, September 2013[/I] Held at Plum Park in the Tri State Territory 15,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!; Buy-Rate of 2.21[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) A graphic reminded the crowd that tonight, the main event was Davis Wayne Newton defending the MWA Grand Championship against Jay Chord. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) A video then played, summing up how Ernest Youngman works for Nemesis now and how Izaak Tischler demanded the chance to beat down Ernest at the show tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Speaking of Ernest, he was backstage getting ready for his match when Nemesis came in. Nemesis said it was good to see him in his gear and ready to go. Here was his last minute instructions: he was to throw the match to Izaak. Nemesis said Ernest should make the match look good but then he had to take a dive. Ernest tried to argue back, but Nemesis reminded him he was under contract with him and had to do what he said or Ernest would be fired. Ernest swallowed his objection and nodded. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 4) A video then played hyping Jay Chord as a competitor. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Now this is the way to start a Pay-Per-View! Ernest and Izaak told a great story in the ring: Izaak the ****y competitor, sure he was going to pick up the win, Ernest the glum and somewhat unwilling participant in the charade. They put on a great exchange of blows but at one point, you heard Izaak yell at Ernest to take it easy, that he was hitting too hard. Ernest grit his teeth and kept fighting. In the end, Izaak started to take over and you could read the triumph on his face. He knew he was going to win and he lazily set up and delivered a half-powered Crucifix Slam, then loosely covered Ernest. The ref made it to two.... ... and Ernest kicked out. Izaak was shocked. He made the cover again, this time grabbing Ernest by the leg, only to have Ernest kick out at one. Ernest then got to his feet and started to fight back for real. That’s when Nemesis came out to the ring and started shouting abuse at Ernest to get back on board the game plan. The frustration built in Ernest and he faltered a little. Izaak read in that his opportunity and went for a spear. Only to have Ernest side-step. Izaak, unable to stop, flew out of the ring and took down Nemesis. He stared down at the boss in shock. For the first time in the match, Ernest smiled. When Izaak got back into the ring, Ernest made a great show of “fighting” him but then “accidentally” wound up tripping them both up. Before Izaak knew what was happening, Ernest was on top of him and the ref had counted to three. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 16:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 6) Backstage Junior looked positively sick. She kept checking one of the entrances to see if anyone had come through yet. She turned around and found herself face-to-face with Mainstream Hernandez. He asked her if she was all right. She said she wasn’t, that she was really worried about Hugh de Aske. She said she didn’t know what Wanda had in store for him tonight and she really wanted to him to be safe. Mainstream deflated a little and asked if Junior really liked him. Junior said she did. Mainstream crumbled. She then asked why he stopped by. He said it was simply to wish her luck in her match. He then skulked off, looking as if his best dog just died. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) Kristen Pearce appeared on screen, flanked by Agony’s Bikers. She said that tonight the Bikers would take the tag team gold and then they were going to go out and paint the town red. They were going to treat the area around Plum Park like Sturgis. She asked if Ronnie and Lead Belly remembered the last time they were there. They grinned and hooted. Ronnie exuberantly blurted out he still had the pictures. That killed the celebration and Kristen pulled him close, hissing, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I thought you said you got rid of those!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] This was the match I was most worried about. The Titans have fallen a bit down the roster and wasn’t sure how they’d do in the ring. Turns out that they did pretty well. Primus was a bit off his game tonight, but the great chemistry they had in the ring as competitors carried them through a pretty good match. A lot of power was on display from both men and Emma wondered if the Park had insurance in case these two elemental forces destroyed the place. In the end, Bulldozer took down Primus with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 10:56 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] C[/COLOR] 9) A video played, hyping the champ, Davis Wayne Newton. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. JOSH JONES (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Huh. I thought these two would have done better together. Jean and Josh put on a serviceable match. Jenny Playmate did a great job, cheering on her client. Jean seemed to appreciate her efforts as well, blowing her a kiss at one point with a wink. But in the end, Josh picked up the win with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 11:54 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) Josh celebrated his win and seemed genuinely surprised when Serene Jean joined him. But then Bulldozer Brandon Smith broke things up, tossing Jean out of the ring and beating on Josh. Much to everyone’s surprise, it was Primus Allen who came to the rescue, chasing his former tag partner out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) Des Davids then cut a promo for the ladder match later tonight. He said that the ladder represented his career in the MWA so far. He said he’s been bottom rung, a stepping stone, for far too long. He mixed his metaphors a bit more but finished up by saying tonight was his night. Tonight he was going to capture gold. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) Wanda Fish came out to the ring, wheeling out Hugh de Aske, who was bound and gagged on a chair on a little dolly. She set him up next to the ring and then got in for her match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) [B]JUNIOR vs. WANDA FISH[/B] Things got back on track with this excellent match. Junior tried to get to Hugh several times to free him but Wanda always managed to intercept her and drag her back to the ring. That only angered Junior more and there were a few times where Emma said she looked ready to lose control and really unleash her full fury on Wanda. It was an evenly matched battle for the most part. Lots of great moments with nail-biting nearfalls. But what got people’s attention was the end. Junior was solidly in control and managed to drop Wanda with a clothesline. But Wanda immediately complained to Jez McArthuer that she had pulled her hair. Jez didn’t see it and tried to get the match to move on. Wanda insisted it happened and soon had Jez completely distracted. That’s why he didn’t see Hugh free himself from his bonds and roll into the ring. Junior appeared surprised to see him free, but that changed as Hugh took Junior down with a Cut Throat Driver. As he vacated the ring, Wanda pushed past Jez and got Junior in the Blonde Ambition. Junior, knocked out from Hugh’s attack, didn’t offer much resistence and Jez called for the bell. WINNER: [B]Wanda Fish [/B]in 17:28 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 15) Wanda then released Junior and Hugh joined her in the ring. The two of them shared a hearty laugh over Junior’s unconscious body before casually strolling to the back. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 16) As they left, the camera spotted Sam Keith sitting in the crowd. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 17) [B]THE JOEYS (c) vs. AGONY’S BIKERS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Great match and a good chance for the audience to catch their breath as we enter the home stretch. Both bikers wound up winded by the end of the match but that didn’t matter. They were able to deliver some really great moments. The Joeys tried every dirty trick they could think of to slow down the match and blunt the bikers’ offense, but nothing in their arsenal helped. In the end, the bikers took out Joey Beauchamp with a Drive Shaft. WINNERS: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 18:56 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 18) The Bikers celebrated by pulling Sam Keith out of the crowd. They looked angry and ready to kill him for what happened at Firestorm. But they never laid a hand on them. Greg and Matthew Gauge vaulted the security railing and laid out the new tag champs. The Gauge family then laughed at them and left the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 19) Nemesis was storming around backstage, looking for Ernest. When he finally found him, he asked what Ernest thought he was doing in the ring. “I told you to throw that match. I have half a mind to fire you on the spot!” Ernest told him to settle down, that what happened in the ring was an accident. He said he fully intended to throw the match but oops, he wound up pinning Izaak instead. He was “really” sorry that it happened and promised that he wouldn’t do it again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 20) Joanne Rodriguez was trying to psyche up Mainstream Hernandez for the ladder match. She said that she had gotten him into it because she had figured out why he was so mopey. He missed his Regional Championship and now he had a chance to get it back. Mainstream said that sure, that was it. Everything would be better once he had the title. But you could tell by his tone he didn’t believe it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 21) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. DES DAVIDS vs. VENGEANCE [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a ladder match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Really good match. Lots of crazy high spots, especially from Gumble and Mainstream. Des and Vengeance added some brutality with some innovative ways of using the ladder as a weapon. The crowd really got into it, even though Vengeance was visibly tiring toward the end of the match. In the end, Mainstream and Gumble were heading to the top. They slugged it out for a while before Des came out of nowhere and knocked over their ladder, spilling them to the outside. Des then got his own ladder and made it to the top to pull down the belt. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 18:05 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 22) Davis Wayne Newton was shown heading to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 23) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON (c) vs. JAY CHORD [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Huh. I’m a little surprised by this one. I thought for sure this would blow the roof off the arena but I guess not. There was little to no respect shown between these two. The Rev waxed philosophical that last month, their match had been a friendly rivalry. Now the friendly part was gone. They really tore into each other and didn’t hold anything back. Lots of nearfalls, lots of kick outs, brawling in and around the ring. Davis took to the air several times to keep Jay off balance but the second generation wrestler was able to hold his own through most of it. Finally, Davis started to set Jay up for the Fisherman’s Suplex but couldn’t fire it off. Jay, much to everyone’s surprise, flipped himself around Davis’s body and turned the blocked suplex into a Super DDT that planted Davis in the middle of the ring. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 26:59 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 24) Jay celebrated his victory. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I’m a little disappointed in how all the matches blended for our rating. I wish I could have done a slightly better job getting things set up to off-set the lower matches with better ones. That, plus the Rev’s imminent departure, and I’m feeling a bit blue, I guess. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“New Legacy”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Primus Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones (c) defeated Serene Jean Cattley to retain the [COLOR="Red"]MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Wanda Fish defeated Junior [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Agony’s Bikers defeated the Joeys (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids defeated Mainstream Hernandez, Steve Gumble, and Vengeance in [COLOR="Purple"]a ladder match [/COLOR]to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Davis Wayne Newton (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 4, September 2013 [/I][/B]– The next morning, I was woken by my cell phone ringing. I groaned and silently cursed whoever it was. I didn’t want to get up. I still felt like the show the previous night had fallen kind of flat. Oh, sure, the Ernest Youngman match was stellar and yes, Jay’s victory had been great, but I thought Jay and Davis could have done a bit better. Josh Jones surprised me. It probably had to do that he was still relatively unknown. And then there was the Rev. Everything he had said to me earlier that week had been true. I had used him unfairly when I was the head booker at the SWF. If I had been in his shoes, I would have been upset as well. To lose him was a heavy blow. At that moment, all I wanted to do was stay in bed and forget everything else. But whoever it was wasn’t hanging up. I grumbled and stumbled out of bed, fishing through my clothing for the annoyance. I finally found it and snapped, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And a good morning to you as well, Scapino.”[/COLOR] I froze and winced a moment later. Just my luck that Dan Stone would call me that morning. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m so sorry, Mr. Stone.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Don’t be. I understand what it’s like to be woken with a hangover after a night of celebrating.”[/COLOR] Hangover? What? I frowned. Why would I be out celebrating? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I just wanted to congratulate you on an excellent show last night and your new standing in the business. Just tread lightly. I’d hate for us to cross swords.” “Uh ... thank you?” “You’re quite welcome. Good day.”[/COLOR] I hung up the phone. What was he talking about? Only one way to find out. I flipped open my laptop and powered it up. I normally wouldn’t check ProWrestlingHits.com until later in the day to see how their forum reacted to the show, but maybe I would find what I was supposed to be celebrating there. Sure enough, I did. Top story: “MWA Rising Fast “Following their recent growth, now is a very dangerous time for the MWA. For the next few months they must walk the fine line between confidence and over-confidence, as they look to capitalize on their current success without over-reaching and damaging their own long-term prospects.” We had hit national. I stared at the computer screen, stunned. Then I whooped, not carrying if I woke up anyone else. Suddenly those trivial problems seemed so far away. I pulled on my clothes as quickly as I could. There was someone I had to see. I flew down the hallways and pounded on a door. Wanda opened it, bleary eyed. I could tell from the way she moved that she was still feeling the effects from her match against Junior. I pulled her close and kissed her before she could get a word out. Before she could ask me, I answered her question, letting the story spill out. She beamed at me. I beamed back. Suddenly the morning looked a whole lot better.

The Scap / Wanda love affair continues. Congrats on reaching National. Having been a follower of the original SWF diary and this one (although I don't always comment) I'm amazed you're still going with such quality shows and storylines. Also I'd seriously mark out if we saw the return of Karma at some point in the future. Just saying. No pressure or anything. Keep up the good work.

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Tuesday of Week 4, September 2013 –[/I][/B] I looked up as Bulldozer Brandon Smith came into the door. I smiled and waved him into a seat, trying to focus my mind on this meeting. There was so much to do. Now that we were national, there were holes to fill in our roster. Not too many, thankfully. We had been running a bit bloated, truth be told. I had a few feelers out for some new talent. Then there was the Rev’s position. He still wouldn’t consider staying on board. Thankfully, I had a lead on a new announcer, a virtual unknown in the United States but someone who I thought could handle the job fine. But now Bulldozer was here. I had to shove all that aside and focus on this momentous occasion. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Good to see you, Brandon. I suppose you’re wondering why you’re here.”[/COLOR] He nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You know that I recently sent your agent a contract extension,”[/COLOR] I went on. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Due to our good fortune, I’m offering you a slightly different one.”[/COLOR] I pushed the contract across the table to him. He smiled and looked it over. The expression on his face froze for a moment. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This is a written contract.”[/COLOR] I nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s right. If you sign it, you would be exclusive to the Midwest Wrestling Association.”[/COLOR] Brandon looked it over and I could see the conflict on his face but I couldn’t understand it. What was the problem? It was a good deal. It would mean less traveling for him... [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Uh, Scap, this is great ... but what about MAW and CZCW? I have pay-per-appearances with them as well.”[/COLOR] Ah. That was it. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know you do, Brandon, I know. But times change. I’ll understand if you don’t want the deal and there won’t be any hard feelings. I just wanted you to be the first to sign a written deal.”[/COLOR] Brandon finally smiled and relaxed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sounds good to me, Scap. I’ll shoot this over to my agent and you should get it back soon.”[/COLOR] I smiled in return. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Glad to have you on board.”[/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/B][/SIZE] [I]Thursday of Week 4, September 2013[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 4,720 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and Emma Chase welcomed us to another episode of Firestorm. 1) Nemesis came out to the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I suppose you all have heard the news, huh? Our little promotion has grown a bit since this past Sunday. And you know who you have to thank for that? Me! That’s right! Think about it. Before I took over, the MWA was floundering around, lost under the control of Scapino Otte. But once I stepped in, everything’s been up, up, up. Every last one of you should be thankful that I bothered at all. “Now maybe some of you are tuning in for the first time to see what all the fuss is about. Well, I’ve put together a great show for you to showcase what the MWA is all about. Tonight you will see some fantastic matches. Once again, you should all thank me for that. “But there’s a problem we need to deal with first. Ernest, get out here!”[/COLOR] Ernest plodded out to the ring in his gear. Nemesis looked him over. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Glad to see you’re ready to work, ‘cuz you’re opening the show tonight. Now, I don’t know what kind of crap you were trying to pull this past Sunday, but it ain’t gonna fly. That’s why I booked you in a rematch against Izaak Tischler tonight. And Ernest? Don’t forget I still hold your contract. You better do things right this time or you’ll be collecting unemployment before the night’s over!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the self-hype and making the match 2) As Nemesis vacated the ring, the Rev and Emma Chase hyped the fact that the main event tonight would be newly crowned Grand Champion Jay Chord taking on Alicia Strong for the title. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Every time these two get into the ring, it’s an instant classic,”[/COLOR] the Rev said. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Ernest did not look happy as Izaak made his way out to the ring. He didn’t put up much of a fight in the early going but you could tell that bugged him. He finally stepped up his game and it looked like he might just take Izaak out anyway. But then Izaak got in Ernest’s face and started yelling something about getting Ernest fired. Ernest sighed and allowed himself to be dropped with a Crucifix Slam. Izaak didn’t take any chances, though, and pinned him good. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 9:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Primus Allen appeared on screen and explained why he saved Josh Jones. He said that Bulldozer Brandon Smith was a bully and had to be stopped. Primus said that he wasn’t done with his former partner. Not by a long shot. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis was backstage, looking quite pleased with himself, when he was stopped by Davis Wayne Newton. Davis was livid. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Alicia Strong?” [/COLOR]Davis thundered. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Are you kidding me? Why give the title shot to her? I deserve to be first in line for that title. By rights, it’s mine!”[/COLOR] Nemesis smiled ferally and reminded Davis of how he said he wasn’t Nemesis’s champ last week. He said he had no reason to help Davis out. He said that the match would go forward as scheduled. Davis did not like that at all. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) Joanne Rodriguez dragged Mainstream out to the ring. He did not appear to be happy to be there but she insisted, telling him to leave it up to her. She then asked the crowd to congratulate her friend for the great showing he had in the ladder match. She said that while Des Davids may have claimed the title, she figured Mainstream had been ahead on points the whole time. That just embarrassed Mainstream even more. She cut to the chase and then laid out a challenge to Des: she dared him to step into the ring against Mainstream one-on-one tonight for the title! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the dragging; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the challenge 7) [B]SERENE JEAN CATTLEY vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Another great match. These two lit up the ring and really pumped up the crowd with their antics. Thomas played his snarling, half-crazy heel while Jean continued to play it loose and easy, smiling serenely through most of the match. But Jean still managed to pull out the win with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Serene Jean Cattley [/B]in 6:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) As Jean and Thomas got out of the ring, some very angry music started to play. Out came Sam Keith, flanked by his sons. All three wore similar knee-length leather coats with odd symbols stitched into them. Sam got a mic and did the talking. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s right. We are back. And lest anyone doubt, we are all on the same page once again. “When last you saw us, we were fractured. Divided. Our hostility towards each other had overflowed to the point where it threatened to consume us. But no more. We are of one purpose. We are of one faith. We belong to [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I] and his enlightened ways now. “He has shown us the way to true power. He has unlocked the secrets of how to turn our aggression into victory. And we have come to spread his gospel in the MWA....”[/COLOR] They were cut off by Agony’s Bikers, who came out and flashed their gold at the crowd. They then mocked Sam and his boys, saying that silly mumbo-jumbo didn’t get people gold and it wouldn’t help them either. They reminded them that while they were off staring at their navels or whatever, the Bikers came in and made this their turf and they’d be willing to prove it in the ring. Sam smiled, a predatory flash of teeth, and suggested they put up the titles if they were so sure of their dominance. The Bikers balked and refused, saying it’d have to be a non-title match or nothing. Sam glanced at his boys, who both nodded. The match was on. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the pseudo-religious stuff and the challenge 9) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. DES DAVIDS (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Another great match. Mainstream seemed a bit subdued as he came out to the ring but he came to life as the match started. He and Des put on a great battle, Mainstream relying on speed, Des on explosive strength. In the end, though, it was Des who picked up the win. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 10:23 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Jay Chord came out of his locker room and found himself face to face with Davis Wayne Newton. Jay smiled easily and asked Davis if he had come to wish him luck on his first title defense. Davis didn’t even grin. He angrily accused Jay of cheating to get the title. When Jay asked what his proof was, Davis said Jay was a Chord. That was proof enough. Jay didn’t appreciate that. He got in very close and said that Davis had better not talk smack about his family. If he did, Jay would take it personally. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And I took the title from you when it wasn’t personal, Davis. Just imagine what I’d do to you if it was.”[/COLOR] He then shoved past Davis and went down the hall. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) Much to everyone’s surprise, I came out to the ring next. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I know that Nemesis is probably on the phone with security right now to order me out of here, but I’ve got something to say and I figured this would be the best time and place to do it. “By now, I’m sure you’ve heard the rumors that the Rev is leaving our family. The reason why he came to this decision isn’t important. The fact that we’re losing someone as gifted and talented as him is. “Rev, I wish things could have been different but I know it can’t be. I just wanted to tell you that I’m going to miss you and I wish you well in whatever you do from here on out.”[/COLOR] I then introduced a video package that highlighted the Rev’s career. It was a little sparse since it was mostly just him calling matches. Sadly the audience didn’t seem to care. When the camera came back to the Rev, his jaw was clenched very tightly. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 12) [B]AGONY’S BIKERS vs. THE GAUGE BROTHERS[/B] The Rev was quiet for part of this match and Emma had to do most of it alone. But he eventually snapped out of it and, thankfully, didn’t comment on anything but the match. It was a pretty good brawl between these two very dominant teams. Greg Gauge looked to be the most impressive, though, cutting through the bikers like kindling. In the end, it was Greg that brought things to an end when he got Lead Belly to submit in a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]The Gauge Brothers [/B]in 9:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) Hugh de Aske came out to the ring next. He smirked as the audience booed him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Arrrrr, I know, I know. I broke a young lass’s heart. Cursed be me, the scurvy dog. But I had a good reason for it... dubloons! Lots of shiny dubloons! Wanda Fish paid me well for my little performance. She knew if Junior were distracted, she would fall to pieces and aye, it happened as she thought.”[/COLOR] Hugh went on to mock Junior, revealing some of the pet nicknames she had already started calling Hugh. That’s when Junior appeared behind Hugh, having leapt the security rail. She attacked him and viciously stomped on him before screaming at him to face her like a man next week in the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the mockery and the attack; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the challenge 14) [B]JAY CHORD (c) vs. ALICIA STRONG [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Oh yeah. It was simply a phenomenal match. The Rev hearkened back to the program these two had a few years ago and how they delivered some of the best matches he’d ever seen in his career. You could tell that they knew each other all too well, dodging and ducking attacks so quickly you’d think they were mind readers. Alicia came close to getting Jay down a few times. Jay returned the favor just as many. But in the end, Jay planted Alicia in the middle of the ring with a Super DDT as the crowd went wild. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:02 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Admittedly, I stacked the deck a little on this one. Three of the five matches were based around the workers’ good chemistry. I knew Izaak and Ernest could perform well together from the pay-per-view. The only chance I took was the tag match and that paid off well. The last thing I wanted to have happen was for us to hit national, only to slide back into cult the next show and I don’t think that’ll happen. We got a rating of 7.70. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Ernest Youngman [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Serene Jean Cattley defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids (c) defeated Mainstream Hernandez to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]The Gauge Brothers defeated Agony’s Bikers [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord (c) defeated Alicia Strong to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, October 2013 –[/I][/B] There was still so much to do. ProWrestlingHits.com had mentioned on their boards that we had some gaps in our roster and so I was frantically trying to plug those holes as quickly as I could. I had some leads but others were drying up. I had contacted an American named Joss Thompson, who was working for the small European fed I stole my replacement for the Rev from, but he turned me down. I couldn’t blame him, not exactly. I mean, the guy was more over in Europe. But there were a number of tantalizing leads. At the same time, I had been approached by a few of our wrestlers about converting their contracts to written ones. To be honest, I hadn’t thought of that right away. I had assumed I’d have to wait until their pay-per-appearance contracts had run out. When Alicia Strong approached me about doing that, I jumped at the chance. So much paperwork. I felt as if I were drowning in it. That’s why I was relieved when Wanda popped into my office. She kissed me on the cheek but I could read her face. Something was bothering her. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Sweets, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking.... and I’m retiring at the end of the month.”[/COLOR] I froze. That was the last thing I had expected from her. I had thought she’d have even more matches in her. She smiled sadly at me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know what you were planning for me. After I beat Junior, you’d throw me into the main event hunt and eventually, I’d win the title. But let’s face it, Scap, we’ve been there and done that. Besides, everyone would assume you were just doing it because of our relationship. This really is for the best.” [/COLOR] She held up a hand and cut me off. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And before you say anything else, I don’t want to go out on top. You don’t have to give me a title or anything like that. I really like Junior and I think she should be the one to end it for me. Okay?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That sounds fine to me.”[/COLOR] I smiled. She frowned, studying my face for a moment. Then a smile blossomed on her face as well. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You’re up to something, aren’t you?”[/COLOR] I nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Always, my dear. Always.”[/COLOR]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA[I] Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 1, October 2013[/I] Held at Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] A new voice greeted the fans as they tuned in, that of Steve Smith, the MWA’s newest announcer. He said he was pleased to join Emma Chase at the table to bring the viewers the finest wrestling in the world today. 1) Jay Chord started out the match in the ring. He said that he was glad to be in the Great Lakes territory. He called it the MWA’s home away from home. And he said he wanted to put on a great show for the fans tonight. So he was throwing out an open challenge. Anyone who wanted a shot at the Grand Championship could get it tonight. Out came Remmy Skye. He simply said that he was willing to give it a shot. Jay said he respected Remmy as a competitor and as a man, so he was looking forward to their match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the acceptance 2) Nemesis appeared on screen and said that based on what he saw last week, he was going to book Mainstream Hernandez and Des Davids for the MWA Regional Championship at “Straight to the Top.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. ALICIA STRONG[/B] Steve said that he had watched Alicia’s title shot last week and said she had to be hurting after losing to Jay Chord. She had something to prove and as a result, she really stepped up her game and tried to bring Steve down. But Steve was also ready for her and the two of them really took their match to the next level. They battled back and forth until finally, Steve took Alicia down and pinned her. WINNER: [B]Steve Gumble [/B]in 6:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Junior was backstage and pacing. She did not look happy. She grumbled and muttered to herself, smashing a fist into her open palm. That’s when Mainstream Hernandez approached her. He was clearly nervous but he tried to strike up a conversation with her, talking about the weather, what her interests were, that sort of thing. Junior was not a good conversationalist. Most of her answers consisted of one word (and sometimes only a syllable) and finally, she told him she didn’t want to talk to him and sent him away. He looked absolutely crushed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Nemesis strutted through the backstage area when he came across Sam Keith. Nemesis tried to joke with Sam, saying that he wasn’t surprised the Gauge family had come back just as the MWA grew. He suggested the Gauges wanted to hop on the bandwagon. Sam laughed at Nemesis and said that it was patently ridiculous. He said that they had returned because it was the will of Il Padrone Arrabiato. He said that the MWA was weak and unfocused. He said that their faith would be the crucible in which the MWA would be purified. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 6) Jay Chord was also backstage. He looked pretty happy but that changed when he saw Remmy Skye being wheeled out of the arena, strapped to a gurney. He asked what had happened. The medics said they didn’t know, he had just been found knocked out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOSH JONES (c) vs. PRIMUS ALLEN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Ugh. I hope the other matches can cushion this one. Josh and Primus did a decent job and Jenny Playmate tried to rally the crowd to her man’s side, but it didn’t really help. In the end, Josh finished Primus with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 6:39 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) Primus slowly got to his feet, only to be dropped to the mat again as Bulldozer Brandon Smith attacked him from behind. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) Nemesis looked a little peeved, but he brightened as Ernest Youngman came into his office. Ernest looked a little disgusted with himself, but Nemesis ignored that and congratulated him for finally getting with the program and doing the right thing by taking a dive to Izaak. But he went on to say that it was obvious Ernest hadn’t completely learned his lesson yet. He said Ernest should just leave and go home so he could continue to think about the lesson he learned. Ernest looked ready to argue, but he finally sighed and left the room. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Mainstream Hernandez was shown backstage, looking absolutely depressed. Joanne Rodriguez found him and tried to cheer him up by getting him to focus on the fact that he had another shot at his beloved Regional Championship. Mainstream groaned and said that was great, but it was pretty clear that it wasn’t. At least, not to him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the miserableness; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for J-Ro 11) Hugh de Aske was getting ready for his match but seemed a bit hesitant. He turned to Wanda Fish and asked if she was sure about this. Wanda smiled and told him to trust her. Everything would be fine. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) [B]JUNIOR vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] My old friend bad chemistry rears its ugly head again. They did a decent job but it really just kind of was “blah.” Junior was out to hurt Hugh and he was simply trying to hold his own. But when it looked like Junior was about to take Hugh down, Wanda Fish hit the ring and took Junior out with a quick Dish of the Day. Hugh then hit the Cut-Throat Driver and pinned her. WINNER: [B]Hugh de Aske [/B]in 8:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) Junior got up from the mat and took off after Wanda, chasing her out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Agony’s Bikers came out to the ring and challenged the Gauge Brothers to a rematch at “Straight to the Top.” They said that the reason they lost last week was because they were hurting from their big match a week and a half ago and they didn’t have the motivation to keep the titles. Now they’d be focused and the Gauges wouldn’t find them so hard to beat. The Gauges came out and accepted the challenge, saying that they were going to learn the hard way not to mess with their faith. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the response 15) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] Oooo, this isn’t going to be a good show. These two have good chemistry and it helped but not as much as I had hoped. They put on a decent match but the fans just weren’t into it. J-Ro finished the match by hitting a J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 8:18 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 16) Wanda Fish fled out to the ring and clambered into it. As she did, it looked like she twisted her ankle and she collapsed. Junior pursued her out and got into the ring, an angry smile on her face. Wanda begged for mercy.... ... only to have Hugh de Aske come out of nowhere and take down Junior. Wanda, her ankle suddenly better, joined in as the two of them stomped on Junior over and over until finally, Wanda put her into the Blonde Ambition. Hugh punctuated it with a Cut Throat Driver. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 17) Jay Chord came out to the ring next. He was pretty angry about what happened to Remmy and dared anyone to come out and face him for the title. Out came Davis Wayne Newton. Jay’s face hardened and he dropped into a ready stance. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 18) [B]JAY CHORD (c) vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] I don’t get this. I really don’t. Both guys are really over and at the beginning of their feud, they put on some great matches. Now, I don’t know. Jay and Davis brawled through the ring and around it until finally, Jay took Davis out with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 12:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I suppose it could have been worse. We got a rating of 7.13. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Steve Gumble defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Josh Jones (c) defeated Primus Allen to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Hugh de Aske defeated Junior [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord (c) defeated Davis Wayne Newton to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Wednesday of Week 2, October 2013 –[/I][/B] From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE][B]MWA Restructuring[/B] The Midwest Wrestling Association has completely overhauled their contract system. Gone are the pay-per-appearance contracts. Now all performers have written contracts which means that they will exclusively appear with the MWA. There are some notable exceptions. Both Sam Keith and Joey Poison preferred not to sign written contracts as they are the head bookers for the SWF and 4C respectively. Wanda Fish also was not offered a written contract for the same reason as she recently became head booker of AAA. Thomas Morgan and Vengeance were also not offered written contracts due to the fact that both individuals work for CGC, with whom the MWA has a working arrangement. The only hold out so far has been MWA Grand Champion Jay Chord. While Chord has held out for the best deal possible, insiders in the MWA are sure that they will be able to reach an agreement with the champ very soon. Rumor also has it that the MWA has brought on a number of new workers in the wake of their expansion. At least one of them will be a familiar face to long-term MWA fans. Industry insiders are not sure how this will affect promotions such as MAW, DaVE, CZCW, NYCW, SWF, or USPW, seeing as they shared many workers with the MWA who will now have to leave their rosters. It is likely that they will have to plug the holes with relatively unknown stars, meaning that their matches could suffer, as could their profits.[/QUOTE]

Wowsers. I've just spent the past little while reading Scap's dynasty from the beginning. By which I mean the first post in the SWF thread. I gotta hand it to you, Scap - this is something impressive here. So many storylines, twisted to work just that little bit better... And I gotta ask: The Rev's departure. Storyline driven to point up the 'job on the way out' theme or handed to ya by the game?

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;295672]Thanks for the kind words. As for the Rev's departure, that was a curve ball the game threw at me. I tried to re-sign him and was told he didn't want to. No idea as to what caused that so I had to scramble and come up with a reason.[/QUOTE] Is he 65 years old? I have found that 65 years old seems to be when the game permanently "retires" people.

No, he's in his early to mid 50s if memory serves (can't check right now). And while he retired from active competition, he's still working in some of the smaller promotions like CZCW. Like I said, I have no idea what happened here. But I thought it worked well with the overall story (more on that later. Just stay tuned).

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 2, October 2013[/I] Held at Centerpiece Bridge in the Mid Atlantic Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Steve Smith and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) In a segment taped earlier in the day, we saw Jay Chord arrive at the arena. He was met by Nemesis, who greeted him as “his” champion. Jay didn’t seem too happy at the idea, but he didn’t say anything. Nemesis then spoke of what happened last week with Remmy Skye. He said that he, personally, was disappointed the match didn’t happen. So he’s booked Jay in a title defense against Remmy for tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Des Davids was in the ring as the show went live. He said that he was the greatest Regional Champion ever. He even said that he was better than Jay. And anything that Jay could do, so could he. So he too threw out an open challenge. Anybody could come out and face him. He must not have expected what happened. A very familiar voice said, “This must be my lucky day!” and then entrance music started. Out came Chance Fortune. Steve Smith made a big deal about how Chance had returned to the MWA, how the last time we saw him was almost two and a half years ago. Des was not happy and tried to convince the ref not to let the match go forward but it was too late. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the response 3) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. DES DAVIDS (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] A lack of selling kept this match from being truly great. But it was a good way to start. Des and Chance duked it out through the ring. Des begged off more than once but in the end, he surprised everyone by taking Chance out with a vicious spear. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 11:06 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 4) Junior came out to the ring next. She admitted that she let her temper get the better of her a week ago but she wouldn’t make that mistake again. She challenged Wanda to a match at “Straight to the Top.” Wanda came out and agreed ... on one condition. She wanted Junior to face her and Hugh in a match tonight. Junior balked, pointing out that her tag partner was in the main event. Wanda smiled sweetly and said that either Junior face them tonight or she would never get her hands on Wanda. Junior snarled and agreed, setting up both matches. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Junior’s challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for Wanda’s 5) [B]THE UNNAMED WONDERS vs. AGONY’S BIKERS[/B] The Bikers seemed out to prove something and Steve Smith said they convinced him. They looked very fearsome in the ring, tearing Steven Parker and the Calamari Kid apart. Steve said while they scared him, he was glad that the only place you could see any of the people in the ring was the MWA. In the end, Ronnie V. Pain took out the Kid with a Power Chord. WINNERS: [B]Agony’s Bikers [/B]in 8:08 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) As the Bikers celebrated their win, the Gauges charged the ring and attacked them. They quickly took them out and bashed their skulls in with the title belt, dropping both bikers to the mat, bleeding. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) As the Gauges left the ring, Nemesis stopped them, livid. He railed at the Gauges, saying that sort of behavior wasn’t acceptable. He said that he couldn’t let them just run around, attacking people. He said that the only way that was permissible if they did it on his orders. Greg and Matt exchanged a look. Greg said he’d handle this. Greg then asked Nemesis if he meant he wanted the Gauges to work for him. Nemesis smiled and said Greg caught on quickly. Greg nodded thoughtfully, but then railed at Nemesis, saying that he, his brother, and his father served Il Padrone Arrabiato. To suggest they betray their spiritual guide was an insult. Greg got in Nemesis’s face, who actually took a step back, only to bump into Matt, who had taken up position behind the boss. Greg then attacked Nemesis and beat him down to the floor. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) Junior looked absolutely exasperated backstage. She paced, she bit off curses, she did not look happy. That’s when Mainstream Hernandez appeared, a scared look on his face. He timidly approached Junior and once again tried to strike up some small talk. She once again ignored him and told him to get lost. He then asked her what was wrong. She explained what was wrong and how she needed a partner. Mainstream’s eyes widened and he quickly volunteered to help. He said he’d be happy to tag team with Junior. Junior smiled and hugged Mainstream, thanking him. She then grabbed him by the hand and dragged him to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) [B]JUNIOR & MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. WANDA FISH & HUGH de ASKE[/B] Great match. Mainstream seemed more alive in the ring than he has in the past couple of weeks. He was eager, he was engaged, he lustily cheered Junior on as she fought both Wanda and Hugh. He carried his own weight too. As a matter of fact, it was Mainstream who capped off the match by hitting the Apparition #14 on Hugh. WINNERS: [B]Junior & Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 9:04 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Junior leapt into the ring and once again hugged Mainstream tightly. She then kissed him on the cheek and rolled out of the ring, practically bouncing up the aisle. Mainstream stood in the ring, looking a bit stunned. He smiled and touched his cheek. His distracted state easily explained how Des was able to get into the ring behind him. Des hit a three point stance and waited, stalking Mainstream. When Mainstream turned, Des nearly speared him out of his boots. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Ernest found Nemesis backstage in his office. He approached the boss and asked him how he was (and it was obvious he was enjoying Nemesis’s pain). Nemesis adjusted the ice pack on his shoulder and demanded to know what Ernest wanted. Ernest said he heard what happened with the Gauges. He said he thought it was horrible. And he wanted to help. He asked Nemesis to give him a match against Sam Keith at “Straight to the Top.” Nemesis glared at Ernest and asked what the scam was. Why did he want to help him? Ernest admitted he didn’t. But he also recognized it as an opportunity. In a match against Sam Keith, there’d be no restrictions or orders to take a fall. Ernest could really have a match for once. Nemesis smiled and agreed, saying that at “Straight to the Top,” it would be Ernest Youngman vs. Sam Keith. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Another great match from the former Titans. Primus looked very focused and his attacks were crisp and brutal. But Bulldozer was able to simply overpower him, finally dropping him with a Backdrop Driver. WINNER: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 10:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) As Primus left the ring, Bulldozer taunted him, saying that he kept proving Bulldozer’s point that Bulldozer was and always had been the dominant partner in the Titans. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 14) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So why’d you do it?”[/COLOR] The camera pulled back to reveal that Jay Chord was face to face with Davis Wayne Newton. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Do what?” “You know full well what you did. You attacked Remmy Skye and took him out so you could have another shot at me.”[/COLOR] Davis laughed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, that’s rich. A cheater, accusing me of cheating? Hello, pot? This is kettle. You’re black.”[/COLOR] Now Jay laughed, a humorless bark. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, that’s right. You still think I cheated to win this title. Tell me, how’s that claim shaping up for you? Found any conclusive proof in the replays you’ve been watching over and over again? Tracked down the evidence yet?” “You did cheat. I know you did.” “Why?”[/COLOR] Jay laughed again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, wait, I know. You’ve spent how long clawing your way up the ladder? A few years? You even tried to hitch your wagon to Nemesis when he first took over and that didn’t work. You finally ... finally! ... get the title ... and you lose it to me almost immediately. And you can’t handle it. It eats at you. That’s why you’re so sure I cheated. Because if I didn’t, that means that you’ll have to admit the truth. I’m just better than you.”[/COLOR] Davis had heard enough. He hauled off and decked Jay and soon the two of them were brawling through the backstage area. This lasted for several minutes before Nemesis came charging in. He waded into the fight and finally had to shout for Ernest to help him separate the two of them. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’ve had it with you two! If it isn’t Jay acting so smug, it’s Davis bothering me with the subtle nuances of a slow motion replay from your last match! So this is what we’re going to do. We’re going to make sure there’s no doubt about who the champ is after ‘Straight to the Top.’ The main event there will be Jay Chord defending the Grand Championship against Davis Wayne Newton ... in a last man standing match!”[/COLOR] They tried to get at each other again but Nemesis and Ernest held them back. Nemesis then told Jay to get out to the ring. Remmy was waiting. As Jay left, Nemesis turned to Davis and told him to stay away from the match or he’d be suspended and the title shot would go to someone else. Davis snarled something and stormed off. Nemesis breathed a sigh of relief and turned to Ernest. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Thanks.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Anytime.” [/COLOR]As Ernest walked off, he slapped Nemesis on the back, “accidentally” hitting him on his sore shoulder. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the argument; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the fight; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the match making 15) [B]JAY CHORD (c) vs. REMMY SKYE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Remmy was a little off his game tonight but it didn’t hurt the match too much. Jay tried to play up some injuries and did a halfway decent job, leading Emma Chase to snipe at him about how it was stupid to get into a fight backstage when you know you have a title defense later in the night. But Jay was able to fight through the pain and in the end, he set up Remmy for a Cradle Piledriver. As he did, he shouted for Davis to pay attention, and then dropped Remmy. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 8:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 16) Backstage, Davis was watching the match and looked none too pleased. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad. We got a rating of 7.07. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Des Davids (c) defeated Chance Fortune to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Agony’s Bikers defeated the Unnamed Wonders [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Junior & Mainstream Hernandez defeated Wanda Fish & Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Primus Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord (c) defeated Remmy Skye to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [I]Thursday of Week 3, October 2013[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Straight to the Top”[/COLOR]) Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Steve Smith and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) Sam Keith started things out in the ring. He calmly explained to the audience that while some may quail at the thought of facing Ernest Youngman, the Assassin of the Squared Circle, he was not. The reason? Ernest’s rage was misdirected. He focused on Nemesis, not on his opponent. Sam predicted that Ernest would learn a harsh lesson from the disciple of [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I]. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 2) [B]THE CALAMARI KID vs. SAM KEITH[/B] Good match. The Kid didn’t seem to take Sam seriously in the opening moments. As near as anyone could tell (thanks to his half-mask), he was mocking Sam’s serious demeanor. Sam quickly wiped the smirk off his face. So the Kid mounted a somewhat shaky aerial assault that Sam did his best to counter. In the end, Sam managed to turn a leaping dive off the top turnbuckle into a body slam and then tied the Kid up into a Proton Lock. WINNER:[B] Sam Keith [/B]in 10:04 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) Sam wasn’t done yet. He released the Kid and signaled for help. Out came the Gauge Brothers and the three of them set to work on the Kid, stomping and kicking him. The crowd popped a little as Ernest Youngman charged out to the ring with a baseball bat in hand. He took a few swings at the Gauge family, who quickly scattered. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) Des Davids appeared on screen and mocked Mainstream Hernandez. He said he was too distracted right now to be a serious threat to the MWA Regional Championship. But, he went on, that wasn’t fair to himself. Des hyped himself as the greatest thing the MWA has going right now. He said he deserved to have top of the line opponents challenging him for his title. He said that he attacked Mainstream to force his opponent at “Straight to the Top” to get his head back into the game. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Bulldozer Brandon Smith came out and said that Des Davids had no idea what he was talking about. Bulldozer hyped himself to the moon, listing his many accomplishments. He said he had finally cast off the dead weight of Primus Allen and was headed “straight to the top.” He chuckled at his joke. No one joined him. He then said that he was so great, he would face anyone at “Straight to the Top.” He didn’t care who it was. He knew he was so good, he would beat whoever it was. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Backstage, Mainstream Hernandez was getting ready for a match when he turned around and saw Junior staring at him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I hear you’re fighting Hugh de Aske,”[/COLOR] she said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What brought that on?”[/COLOR] Mainstream sputtered for a moment or two before answering, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I needed to warm up for my title shot and I figured Hugh needed to be taught a lesson yet. I’m hoping by the end of the night, he’ll apologize for what he did to you.”[/COLOR] Junior seemed even more surprised. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Why would you want that?”[/COLOR] Mainstream couldn’t answer. He blushed furiously and then shyly asked if she would come and watch the match. She agreed. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. HUGH de ASKE[/B] Steve Smith disagreed with Des’s earlier statements about Mainstream. He said that Mainstream’s head was right where it should be. Hugh seemed a bit surprised when he saw Junior come out with Mainstream. He tried to play it off like it didn’t worry him but you could tell it was a distraction. At one point, Hugh wound up spilling out to ringside. He actually laughed when he saw Junior, so she shut him up with a swift kick to the head while the ref was busy keeping Mainstream in the ring. Junior then rolled Hugh into the ring. The match continued with Hugh slowly losing ground until finally, Mainstream put him away with an Apparition #14. WINNER: [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]in 10:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) Mainstream was very excited. So was Junior. She climbed into the ring and Mainstream hugged her. Then, much to everyone’s surprise, he kissed her full on the lips. When he pulled away, he looked stunned he actually did that. So did Junior. And when the camera cut to the backstage area, so did Joanne Rodriguez. She sighed. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So that’s what’s been bugging him.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) Apparently Wanda was watching the match as well. She rolled her eyes and turned to the camera. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What is this, junior high? Junior and Mainstream seem to forget that this is a wrestling company, not a singles cruise. I can’t speak to what’s going to happen in Mainstream’s match this Sunday, but Junior, I’m going to break you.”[/COLOR] RATING:[COLOR="Blue"] C[/COLOR] 10) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring. He said he wasn’t proud of himself for attacking Jay Chord last week. But he pleaded his case anyway. He said that he had wanted the Grand Championship for so long, only to see it slip through his fingers. He said he snapped. It doesn’t excuse what he did, but he said he wasn’t going to let his regret stop him this Sunday. He would be the last man standing and reclaim what was truly his. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] I miss the Rev. Steve did his best but it was clear he was lost a little out there. Emma was able to pick up some of the slack, thankfully. Davis destroyed Izaak. He was focused, he was intense, he never gave Izaak an opening. He finally finished him off with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 8:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) Thomas Morgan came out to the ring, giggling maniacally. He said that in all the excitement of new workers and new contracts and new this and new that, a lot of people seemed to have forgotten that Josh Jones has the MWA Rising Star Title and that he had yet to be booked in a match this Sunday. He said he’d fix things by challenging him right then and there. Jenny Playmate came out with Josh and said that Josh agreed to the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 13) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] Steve Smith introduced Cameron, noting that he had an impressive heritage to live up to and that we all hoped he’d be able to do so in the MWA. He made a good showing for himself in this match that Emma Chase explained was a warm-up for Ernest before he faced Sam Keith at “Straight to the Top.” But the Assassin of the Squared Circle was primed and ready. Before too long, Cameron succumbed to a swinging neck breaker. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 6:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 14) Jay Chord came out to the ring for the final match. He said that he understood what Davis had said earlier, but reminded him that Jay had just as much of a claim on the Grand Championship belt as Davis did and even more so since he had held it twice before this time. He reminded the audience that both times, he had lost the belt quickly, which gave him all the more incentive to hold on to it this time. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 15) [B]JAY CHORD vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Crap. Bad chemistry again! Figures. At any rate, Chance took the fight to Jay and did his best to take the champ down, but Jay managed to keep a step or two ahead of his opponent, finally bringing him down with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] As the show wrapped up, Steve and Emma ran down the card for “Straight to the Top” -- [B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. AN UNKNOWN OPPONENT [/B] [B]JOSH JONES (c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B] [B]AGONY’S BIKERS (c) vs. THE GAUGE BROTHERS for the [COLOR="red"]MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B] [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. DES DAVIDS (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR][/B] [B]JUNIOR vs. WANDA FISH [/B] [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. SAM KEITH[/B] [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. JAY CHORD (c) in [COLOR="Purple"]a Last Man Standing match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/B] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Hoo. Not what I was hoping for. We got a rating of 7.67. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Sam Keith defeated the Calamari Kid [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Mainstream Hernandez defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman defeated Cameron Vessey [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] Remember, any comments, predictions, or what have you are always welcome!

BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. [B]AN UNKNOWN OPPONENT [/B] [B]JOSH JONES (c) [/B]vs. THOMAS MORGAN for the MWA Rising Star Title AGONY’S BIKERS (c) vs. [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS [/B]for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ [/B]vs. DES DAVIDS (c) for the MWA Regional Championship [B]JUNIOR[/B] vs. WANDA FISH ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. [B]SAM KEITH[/B] DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs.[B] JAY CHORD (c)[/B] in a Last Man Standing match for the MWA Grand Championship

BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. [B]AN UNKNOWN OPPONENT [/B] Always the Unknown Opponent. [B]JOSH JONES[/B] (c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR] You like longer title reigns. So do I. AGONY’S BIKERS (c) vs. [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS for the [COLOR="red"]MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B] Sam Keithference, plus the new group need a win and I think it happens here. MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. DES DAVIDS (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Regional Championship[/COLOR] Not calling this one, as I could go either way. JUNIOR vs. [B]WANDA FISH [/B] Through, in part, botched intents from Mainstream. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. SAM KEITH Youngman to lose and be punished by Nemesis, deepening their feud. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. [B]JAY CHORD (c) in [COLOR="Purple"]a Last Man Standing match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR][/B] I think Jay's finally getting a lengthy reign.

[B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH [/B]vs. AN UNKNOWN OPPONENT [B]JOSH JONES (c)[/B] vs. THOMAS MORGAN for the MWA Rising Star Title Really like Josh Jones. AGONY’S BIKERS (c) vs. [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. [B]DES DAVIDS (c)[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship JUNIOR vs. WANDA FISH Don't care :) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] vs. SAM KEITH [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. JAY CHORD (c) in a Last Man Standing match for the MWA Grand Championship I think DWN will finally be given a lengthy shot.

[B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] vs. AN UNKNOWN OPPONENT [B]JOSH JONES (c)[/B] vs. THOMAS MORGAN for the MWA Rising Star Title AGONY’S BIKERS (c) vs. [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. [B]DES DAVIDS (c)[/B] for the MWA Regional Championship [B]JUNIOR[/B] vs. WANDA FISH ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. [B]SAM KEITH[/B] DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs.[B] JAY CHORD (c)[/B] in a Last Man Standing match for the MWA Grand Championship

BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH vs. [B]AN UNKNOWN OPPONENT [/B] [B]JOSH JONES [/B](c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN for the MWA Rising Star Title AGONY’S BIKERS (c) vs. [B]THE GAUGE BROTHERS [/B]for the MWA Tag Team Championship MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. [B]DES DAVIDS [/B](c) for the MWA Regional Championship JUNIOR vs. [B]WANDA FISH [/B] ERNEST YOUNGMAN vs. [B]SAM KEITH[/B] DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. [B]JAY CHORD [/B](c) in a Last Man Standing match for the MWA Grand Championship

[B]Mid-West Markdown: Scap Ain't Scrapped[/B] by Dave 'Cornellicious' Wynne Celebrating my fourth anniversary with the Markdown column, it's time to go back to my first subject; John 'Scapino' Otte, the best thing to ever cross Richard Eisen's poker table. Of course, I didn't think so, back then. But back then I really was still too attached to TCW to be at all objective; like the nickname says, I pretty much came at wrestling through Tommy's baby. (And no, I'm not getting rid of it. Unlike some of my buddies, I acknowledge my views can and do change.) Like the title says, Scap ain't scrapped - he's still well and truly in charge round my neck of the woods down at MWA, despite Nemesis' recent in-ring return. And it doesn't take reading the current paybooks to know that, either - the surest sign, ironically, is that Scap hasn't come back. I don't know if he will. But I do know this; Scapino books for the long term, not the short term. Hell, look at the man who provided the real main event the night Scap 'lost'; look at the Archangel. (Who needs to get back on my screen. Seriously; Emma Chase mentions the date during the last match on the Fall From Grace DVD compilation, and every time I watch it the gap between then and now gets more frustrating.) Most of you readers don't need me to tell you this, but Archangel will go down in the record books for topping the PWHM charts as Best Wrestler in a year he officially wrestled about five matches. Sure, it was a way round the 'retirement', but it didn't even kick in until the 'retirement' had been going for ages, and it didn't end the retirement. It just gave a hell of a lot of rub to two workers who really deserved it; Cliff Wilson and Joel Kovach. Point is, Scap looks to the long term a lot. So all you guys hoping like hell Nemesis'll be gone soon - good luck, guys. I wouldn't put money on Ernest Youngman getting out of his predicament in the next couple PPVs, either. And if he does? I'm betting it'll be a woman who does it. One of the reasons I'm digging Scapino's work this time round is that it feels like I'm watching a guy at play; his need to conquer the world was sated by the time SWF kicked him to the kerb, or at least it was muted. A lot of Scap's MWA work calls back to that time, making Mr Continuity a happy puppy indeed. We prefer it when Mr Continuity is happy. What does this have to do with women? Well, Scap's a women-wrestler kind of a guy, I think. He's done more to say they can run with the boys than pretty much anyone else. And the gender war is as much a part of his favourite storybook as the man or mob on the outside; in both cases he's happy to play either side as face or heel or have the two switch, and in neither case does he like an outright winner; sooner or later the momentum all just folds back into other stories. It's... somewhat realistic, if my own disputes with my darling wife are anything to go by; you don't settle these things, you learn to move on. Leads me to think Scap's got a strong woman in his life somewhere. (No, not a Strong woman. There's kind of an age gap, people!) And we haven't seen much of it in a while, really. I expect J-Ro or Alicia to help Ernest finally run over Nemesis. Actually, that ain't true. J-Ro's got her relationship angle plotted for the next little while and has no other row to hoe with these guys. Alicia, in my eyes, should be busy hanging around the title picture so long as Jay's got it. Those two light up the ring so strongly I'm halfway inclined to offer Jay as the other reason I don't think Scap's fooling around with Alicia - and she can always come in at short notice and tear it up while Jay's busy building feuds with someone else. So I'm going with Scapino's other favourite; Nemesis' hold to be reduced by Someone New, an outsider to crack an outsider. And who knows? It might be someone else from Scapino's past - and if it's Marc DuBois or similar, I know a guy who bought several thousand Karma T-shirts back in the day who might finally make his money back... --- [I]Hi, and welcome to what will hopefully be an irregular series of IWC-style columns for the MWA. I don't know why I'm doing this other than it seems to be fun so far...[/I]

Archived