MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, July 2014[/I][/B] Wow. Lots of stuff to report on. I really suspect that Tommy is laughing at me now. TCW’s Excessive Force was rated a B+ by Pro Wrestling Hits, with Tommy and BLZ Bubb putting on an A match in the main event. But that’s not what got my attention. First I noticed that Giant Redwood is retiring from the ring. Good riddance. But in sadder news, Big Scott Smack died from a drug overdose.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]But in sadder news, Big Scott Smack died from a drug overdose.[/B] All that sadness comes from all the physicians who just lost the steady business of operating on all the wrestlers BSS cripples in the ring. That being said , the Smacker has had a lot of success in my cornellverse with multiple SWF North American and DAVE Brass Knuckles reigns and even an SWF World title reign (with a cult SWF). ANd he regularly features in SWF's PPV main events.

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 1, July 2014[/I] Held at the Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Angry Gilmore led Sam Keith and Archangel down to the ring. Angry did most of the talking, saying that he was proud of Sam for the diligent work he did in expanding the Family. He lauded Archangel as a primal force, rage to be reckoned with. Archangel stood, hands on his hips, looking quite smug. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) [B]MARC du BOIS & EDWARD CORNELL vs. ARCHANGEL & SAM KEITH[/B] Oh boy. We’re still sliding a little. Hopefully the rest of the night will pick up. Edward and Marc stunk up the ring together. Oddly, the crowd seemed pretty pleased with Sam Keith. They popped a bit for him when he charged into the ring. Sam and Archangel worked as a good team but it didn’t prove to be enough. In the end, Marc got the drop on Archangel with a Marc of Excellence. WINNERS: [B]Marc du Bois & Edward Cornell [/B]in 9:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Angry was immediately into the ring and took out Edward with an Anger Unleashed. Sam followed suit, taking out Marc with a quick Neutron Plex, followed by a Proton Lock. Archangel recovered and then demanded a shot at Marc, putting the cap on the assault with a Fall From Grace. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Backstage Junior was watching the monitor with Greg Gauge. She and Greg were giggling over what they saw. But then Junior turned around and found herself face to face with Joey Minnesota. Joey berated her, saying that it was awful she would encourage something like that. Junior didn’t appreciate the criticism, getting in his face and pointing out that she was the only woman on the Alpha brand. As a matter of fact, she was the #1 Draft Pick. And she’d show him why next week. She dared him to get into the ring with her. Joey immediately agreed. As soon as Joey left, Greg chimed in by saying that Junior inspired him. He would follow her example later on. He said that Fumihiro Ota had gotten lucky last week. But this week, that would change. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) While Bulldozer Brandon Smith worked out, Des Davids cut a promo on his behalf, saying that Smith was going to break Ash Campbell into little bitty pieces and eat them tomorrow morning for breakfast. Very disturbing and not all that interesting to watch. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c) vs. BRADLEY BLAZE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] A pretty solid match. I’m hoping that Roland has that spark that can carry him on to great things. He did a handy job of taking Bradley down and getting him pinned. WINNER: [B]Roland Lebowski [/B]in 8:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 7) Aaron Andrews came out to the ring next and boldly proclaimed that Fumihiro Ota was going to lose the Rising Star Title tonight to none other than ... Aaron Andrews. He confidently predicted that people would be chanting his name by the end of the match. He then signaled for the crowd to do just that. No one took him up on it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. AARON ANDREWS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Emma bitterly complained that it wasn’t right that Ota, who was [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“up there in years”[/COLOR] should hold the title while Aaron, who clearly was an up-and-coming star, would be denied the gold. Jason countered by pointing out that Aaron was only up-and-coming in his own mind. It was a decent battle back and forth that ended with Ota taking Aaron out with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 8:32 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 9) As Ota celebrated, Greg Gauge charged the ring. But Ota, without even looking, managed to connect with a nasty kick that knocked Greg out cold. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] This took a load off my mind. You’ll remember that the last time Ash worked for us, I couldn’t seem to squeeze a decent match out of him. I worried that I hadn’t given him enough time down in MAW and would regret my decision to bring him back up. Turns out they were unfounded. Ash and Smith put on a decent match. Ash’s speed was almost perfectly matched with Smith’s quickness as well, leading Jason to wonder if Ash could somehow compensate for Smith’s superior size. But in the end, Ash managed to put Smith down with an Ash 2 Ash. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 9:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Ash then got the mic and taunted both Smith and Des over Smith’s loss, saying that he didn’t come back because “daddy” let him. He came back because he was ready to shake things up a bit. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) Wolf Hawkins came out to the ring and declared amateur hour to be over. He reminded folks that he didn’t come to the MWA for the fans. He didn’t come here to please people. He came to get the title belt, pure and simple. And, he said, he wanted to do that tonight. But that’s not going to happen. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It seems ‘King Midas’ is sulking backstage and doesn’t want to come out to play. Not that I blame him, the way he stunk up the ring last week on both brands. Let’s face it folks, you need someone as glorious as me to be champ. Ernest is a good kid, but that’s all he is. Time for someone to really shine. “And I’ll prove it. Any of you losers want to face me, I’m not going anywhere.”[/COLOR] Out came Steven Parker to accept the challenge. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) [B]STEVEN PARKER vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen Jason Azaria speechless before, but I have now! This was an incredible match, thanks especially to the great chemistry that Wolf and Steve have together. The crowd was on their feet for most of the match, cheering on both men. Lots of close calls, lots of almost theres, all of which ended as Wolf hit the Full Moon Rising. WINNER: [B]Wolf Hawkins [/B]in 11:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 14) A camera caught sight of Ernest Youngman backstage. He looked positively sick. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Okay, after that rocky start, we’re back on track. Hopefully tomorrow night’s Omega show will keep us going in the right direction. We got a rating of 34.16. Oh, and according to Pro Wrestling Hits, we’re back to Global. Anyone want to make any bets on how long that will last this time? FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Marc du Bois & Edward Cornell defeated Sam Keith & Archangel [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Roland Lebowski (c) defeated Bradley Blaze to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota (c) defeated Aaron Andrews to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Wolf Hawkins defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcast Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 1, July 2014[/I] Held at Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. So far, so good. The new crew has our mics on... 1) Zimmy Bumfhole was in the ring as the show started. He mocked Ernest Youngman for bailing on defending his title last week. He even pointed out that Ernest wasn’t even in the building tonight. He then did a pretty decent Ernest Youngman impression, pretending to sob and suck his thumb over how scary being the World Heavyweight Champion really was. But then he was interrupted by Primus Allen’s entrance music. Primus came out and Zimmy looked a little nervous. Primus said that he wasn’t out there to bust Zimmy’s chops for making fun of Ernest. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I mean, let’s face it, the guy is a complete tool.”[/COLOR] No, he came out instead to introduce himself. He said he was Primus Allen, holder of an unbroken winning streak. He said that he had watched Zimmy’s antics in the past and always wanted to face him in the ring. He asked if tonight would be a good night for that. Zimmy laughed and said that it would be an honor to try and bring Primus’s good luck to an end. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the mockery; [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] for the challenge 2) Speaking of luck, Ana and I said that later tonight, we’d see Joel Kovach taking on Chance Fortune. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) [B]JOSH JONES (c) vs. ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] Well, they can’t all be good. Josh and ADB did a halfway decent job. Josh looked good. It must have been something on ADB’s end. Whatever the case, after a short but sweet battle, Josh took ADB out with a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 9:38 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Josh celebrated his victory as well as an awkward individual can when suddenly, Serene Jean Cattley came out of nowhere and attacked him, beating him savagely for several minutes before dropping him onto the title belt with a Mood Swing. Jean ripped off his hippy bandana and threw it in Josh’s face before storming out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Backstage, Nemesis found the Silencer talking with Sgt. Bubba Lee West. Nemesis welcomed the Silencer to the company, but pointed out that he had better get with the program. Nemesis said that the ref may not have seen what happened to Liberty last week, but he had. That’s why he was booking the Silencer in a match with Liberty later on. Oh, and he was barring Sarge from ringside. Nemesis laughed at them and walked off, leaving Sarge and the Silencer to exchange dark looks. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Joel Kovach appeared on screen in the backstage area. He focused on the camera and spoke directly to Archangel: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You may think you can hide from me on another brand, but know this: I’m coming for you. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But you know me. You know I won’t stop until I grind you into the ground!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. BROOKE TYLER [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a first round match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] Since we actually had mics this week, I explained to the audience that the Women’s Championship would be determined in a tournament. Agent 69 had already advanced. Turns out J-Ro and Brooke have pretty decent chemistry together in the ring. It really made this a fun thing to watch. In the end, Brooke ate mat courtesy of a J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 7:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Chance Fortune came out to the ring and gave Joel Kovach some advice: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Forget about Archangel. You’re part of this brand. You keep distracting yourself by tilting at windmills, you’re going to regret it. Because tonight, I’m going to break you!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Apparently Joel took exception to Chance’s comments. After getting in Chance’s face right away, Joel lit into him and beat on him so badly that Chance actually ducked behind referee Eugene Williams for safety. And off it went, with Joel resorting to lots of vicious attacks and Chance resorting to a number of underhanded tactics to even the score. But in the end, Joel ducked a Stroke of Luck and somehow turned it into an Old School Drop. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 10) Liberty was headed to the ring when he was ambushed by Sarge. Sarge beat on him and tossed him into the wall a few times and then shoved him out the curtain, being very careful to avoid setting even a toe in the ringside area. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) [B]LIBERTY vs. THE SILENCER[/B] I honestly have no idea where this one came from! Liberty and the Silencer put on a great match, and it wasn’t a matter of chemistry either. It was the classic “face coming from behind” type of thing, with the Silencer desperately trying to put Liberty down but Liberty fighting back and kicking out every time. The frustration on the Silencer’s face grew, but the fans were frustrated also because Liberty couldn’t rally. I bitterly commented that Sarge’s cowardly attack had done its damage. In the end, Liberty just couldn’t muster the strength to finish things. So the Silencer picked up a win after a finishing move Ana identified as “the Drop Zone.” WINNER: [B]The Silencer [/B]in 7:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) Zimmy Bumfhole was shown heading to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] Great match and a great cap to the show. Ana and I played up the drama of this being Zimmy’s first match with the MWA and how he’d want to make a major impact for a good first impression, while Primus was defending his streak. Zimmy was probably one of Primus’s best competitors. It was obvious he realized this about halfway through, growing frustrated as Zimmy managed to wriggle out of pinning predicaments and almost finishing moves. But in the end, Primus managed to catch Zimmy with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 17:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) At the end of the match, Primus helped Zimmy up and hugged him, clapping him on the back. Zimmy bowed to Primus and then raised his hand in victory. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I guess I’ll have to wait for the other shoe to drop. We got a rating of 21.36. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Josh Jones (c) defeated Arthur Dexter Bradley to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Brooke Tyler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]The Silencer defeated Liberty [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Zimmy Bumfhole [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 2, July 2014[/I] Held at the Huntsville Fairground in the South East Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed us to the show. 1) They reminded everyone that tonight’s main event would be Junior vs. Joey Minnesota. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) Angry Gilmore came out to the ring and hyped up the match between Junior and Joey Minnesota. He said that once again, his teachings would be proven true by his only daughter. Junior would destroy Joey and... Much to the crowd’s relief, Roland Lebowski came out and interrupted Angry. He said that all he’s ever seen Angry do is talk. He pointed out that the only title Angry ever held was the Ringmaster Title and it took him months to get it. Roland held up his 10 Minute Title strap and pointed out that he won it within weeks. Angry said that could change. Like right now. Roland laughed and said that he would be more than happy to face Angry in the ring. But he reminded Angry that he would have to get the win in less than ten minutes. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But from the rumors I’ve heard, you normally can’t last more than two minutes.”[/COLOR] That set Angry off. He stripped off his leather robe and demanded that Roland come down to the ring right then and there. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the hype & challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the response 3) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c) vs. ANGRY GILMORE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] Emma said that this was the dumbest thing she’s ever seen anyone ever do. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Angry is going to kill him.”[/COLOR] But that didn’t prove to be the case. Roland obviously knew what he was doing. Jason pointed out that he was fighting a delaying game, keeping Angry on edge. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“If he can keep going, he’ll be fine.”[/COLOR] And sure enough, he was able to do just that. He never got any pins but he managed to stay a step or two ahead of Angry up until the very end. Angry managed to hit the Anger Unleashed and got the pin ... just as the time limit expired. WINNER: [B]No one (Draw)[/B] in 10:00 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 4) Roland got out of there and Angry raged, finally storming into the back. He found his “family” waiting for him. He raged that he would not accept that loss and he wanted them to tear through the locker room. Starting with Joey Minnesota. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I don’t think so.”[/COLOR] The family whipped around to see Nemesis standing in front of them. Nemesis stared them all down, then looked to Archangel. Archangel simply smirked at him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I haven’t fired you for what you did to me because it was part of a match,” [/COLOR]he said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But I want to make this clear. I’m in charge here. Not you. You get out of control, I will end this little mutual admiration society so fast the unemployment office won’t know where you went.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) [B]THE KID vs. IRWIN GUTMANN[/B] Something of a stinker, but it’s not that surprising given the fact that Gutmann is a relative unknown. The Kid tried to dazzle him with his high-speed offense, but Gutmann powered through it and finally took out the Kid with a sit-down powerslam. WINNER: [B]Irwin Gutmann [/B]in 7:48 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. DES DAVIDS[/B] Once again, one half of the tag champs took on the boss’s son. But this time, Des was ready. Bulldozer Brandon Smith joined him at ringside and, while Des kept referee Shane Stones distracted, Smith took out Ash any time the rookie looked ready to rally. In the end, Des was able to beat a winded Ash with a Spear. WINNER: [B]Des Davids [/B]in 9:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) Nemesis didn’t appear happy as he watched the match end on his office monitor, but he never got a chance to do anything about it. Archangel broke down the door and attacked him viciously, smashing him face first into the desk. By the time he was done, Nemesis was busted open and bleeding over his papers. Archangel hauled him close and snarled, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Never mess with our family.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) Fumihiro Ota came out to the ring and taunted Greg Gauge, pointing out the fact that he still had his title. He suggested that Greg was just feeling sorry for himself and trying to compensate for the fact that he was low man on the totem pole in his “family” now. Greg came out and warned Ota that he shouldn’t push him, because he could always take the Rising Star Title away from Ota any time. Maybe at “Taste of Fame?” Ota laughed and said he was on. He then suggested that Greg not go anywhere and get a taste of what’s going to come. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the acceptance 9) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. CAMERON VESSEY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Emma pointed out that Ota might have his hands full since Cameron used to hold gold before the brand split and would be hungry for another title. But Ota proved himself ready for the challenge. He battled Cameron to a stand still and then took him out with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 8:43 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Wolf Hawkins came out to the ring next. He said he knew that over on the [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“B-show,” [/COLOR]Zimmy Bumfhole was making noise about getting a World Heavyweight Championship shot but after losing to that [COLOR="darkgreen"]“freak show Primus Allen,” [/COLOR]it was obvious who the #1 Contender should be. He challenged Ernest to get into the ring with him at “Taste of Fame.” Ernest came out to the ring entrance and flat-out refused the challenge, saying that Wolf hadn’t paid his dues in the MWA yet. The crowd booed him, but Ernest didn’t care. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the refusal 11) Joey Minnesota came out of his locker room and started for the ring. As he did, he passed by Sam Keith, who glared at him menacingly. Next up was Archangel, who smiled ferally. Last up was Matt Gauge, who warned Joey to watch his step, that they were ready to end him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA vs. JUNIOR[/B] Joey seemed a little rattled as he got into the ring and Jason said he couldn’t blame him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “He’s not just facing Junior, he’s potentially facing the whole ‘Family of Faith.’”[/COLOR] Emma, bizarrely, stuck up for the family, saying that psychological games were part of wrestling and if Joey couldn’t handle it. Joey put up a decent fight, but it was clear he was still gun shy and that cost him. In the end, Junior put him in a triangle choke and got Joey to tap out. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 11:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Ugh. We got a rating of 34.07. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Angry Gilmore drew with Roland Lebowski (c), so Roland retains [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- B- [I]Irwin Gutmann defeated the Kid[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota (c) defeated Cameron Vessey to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Joey Minnesota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcast Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 2, July 2014[/I] Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) We hyped up the fact that we had two great matches on deck for the evening. Zimmy Bumfhole would take on Alicia Strong. And, in the main event, Primus Allen would take on his former tag partner, Bulldozer Brandon Smith. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the first announcement; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the second 2) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] Good opening match. Lots of brawling in and around the ring. Lead clearly wasn’t feeling as on top of things as he had with Ronnie and Kristen Pearce in his corner. As a result, after putting up a decent struggle, he wound up hitting the mat on the receiving end of a crucifix slam. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler[/B] in 9:43 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) A video played, reminding folks of how Archangel beat Nemesis bloody the previous night. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Nemesis sat in his office, a bandage wrapped around his head and looking extremely pissed. There was a knock at the door and Nemesis barked at whoever it was to get in there. Joel Kovach entered. He looked Nemesis over and said he looked like hell. Nemesis snarled at him to get out again. Joel apologized and said that he was sorry he couldn’t have helped. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Of course, if I was on the Alpha brand...”[/COLOR] Nemesis snapped that he couldn’t just juggle the brands around. Joel wasn’t happy hearing that. He said there had to be something he could do. Nemesis paused and said he had an idea, but he’d have to think about it. There might be a way. Joel thanked Nemesis for his time and then left. As soon as Joel left, Nemesis groaned and put his head in his hands. But then there was another knock on the door and Zimmy Bumfhole came in. Zimmy respectfully asked Nemesis for a title shot against Ernest at “Taste of Fame.” Nemesis snapped that he’d have to think about it and ordered Zimmy out. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) [B]LAUREN EASTER vs. FUYUKO HIGA[/B] in [COLOR="Purple"]a first round match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] Pretty good match, given the fact that Fuyuko is an unknown in America. As a result, the crowd was solidly behind Lauren (who looked great). In the end, Lauren picked up the win with a Belly to Belly Suplex. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter[/B] in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) Bulldozer Brandon Smith appeared on screen and mocked Primus Allen, pointing out that since they had split up as the Titans, he had gone on to reclaim tag team gold. All Primus had was his “streak,” something that was going to end tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Alicia and Zimmy came out to the ring and Zimmy went over to her and shook her hand before things could get started. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. ZIMMY BUMFHOLE[/B] Great match. Zimmy and Alicia really put on a great show. It was more of a friendly contest between the two of them. At one point, they actually paused to do a one-up-man ... er ... personship contest, doing crazy spots one after the other until Alicia brought an end to it with a short-arm clothesline. But Zimmy got the last laugh by hitting a Bumfhole in One. WINNER: [B]Zimmy Bumfhole[/B] in 10:57 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 9) Ernest Youngman came out to the ring entrance and congratulated Zimmy on his big win against Alicia, pointing out that he had done that three times already in the past few months. He said that Zimmy should forget his dreams of “gold” and just be the clown everyone knows he is. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 10) Primus Allen sounded off now, pointing out that Bulldozer Brandon Smith was one of the first victims in his “streak,” and that history would repeat itself in the main event. But then Chance Fortune appeared on screen, gagging at what Primus had just said. Chance called Primus a loser and said that everyone knew it. This streak nonsense would blow over and then everyone would forget him again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) [B]LIBERTY vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] Liberty seemed a little off at first, and Ana said it was easy to understand why, seeing as he had been knocked around by the Brothers in Arms lately. Joey took advantage of his shaky start and picked up an early pin, but Liberty quickly kicked out of it. In the end, though, Liberty managed to rally and took Joey out with a Liberation Slam. WINNER: [B]Liberty[/B] in 8:29 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Jean Cattley showed up in the ring and said he was getting a lot of snotty e-mails on his website demanding to know what his problem was. He said it was the fans. Oh, sure, they loved him as “Serene” Jean Cattley, the lovable loser, but he was sick and tired of it. Tired of the disrespect, sick over how, ever since he got all granola, he hadn’t come anywhere near gold. So it was time to get back to basics. Mean Jean was back and he was going to... That’s as far as he got. Josh Jones charged out of the back and the two started brawling. That’s when Nemesis came out and shouted the two of them down. He said he was in no mood for that kind of stupidity tonight. If they were going to fight, they’d do so in a match and for the American Championship. So he made that very match for “Taste of Fame.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the explanation; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the match making 13) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH[/B] Great chemistry comes through again. Prims and Bulldozer put on a heck of a show, which Ana said only made sense since they were former partners and knew each other so well. The only downside was the fact that both men no-sold each other’s offense, but Ana and I passed it off as a clash of former titans. In the end, the streak continued as Primus dropped Smith with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen[/B] in 10:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 14) Before Primus could get out of the ring, Chance Fortune was right there and nearly took his head off with a Stroke of Luck. Chance sneered down at him before strutting out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [U][B]THE AFTERMATH[/B][/U] I’d say we more than made up for the first week and last night’s less than stellar show. We got a rating of 22.13. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Lead Belly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Lauren Easter defeated Fuyuko Higa [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Zimmy Bumfhole defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Liberty defeated Joey Beauchamp [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 3, July 2014[/I] Held at the Centerpiece Bridge in the Mid Atlantic Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started off with Junior and Matthew Gauge coming out to the ring. Before Matt got in, Junior grabbed him and kissed him passionately. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Good chemistry led to a good opening match, even though there was a bit of a mash up in terms of style. But it worked well, with Steve pursuing an aerial offense while Matt tried to ground him through holds and such. In the end, Matt managed to catch Steve out of the air and tied him up into a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge[/B] in 10:26 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) Ash Campbell came into the Bridge and greeted a few backstage workers and then was immediately jumped by the tag champs. Des Davids and Bulldozer Brandon Smith beat him down and then laughed at him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 4) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c) vs. EDWARD CORNELL [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] Roland seemed a bit battered after his match with Angry last week but he was able to fight his way through it. Edward put up a good fight as well, but Roland took him down within the time limit and got him pinned. WINNER: [B]Roland Lebowski [/B]in 8:34 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Archangel came out to the ring and boasted about [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato’s [/I]Family of Faith, how they were untouchable. But then Nemesis came out. He glowered at Archangel and warned him to stay in the ring, warning him that if Archangel came near him, he would suspend the whole Family. He said that Archangel might want to rethink the whole “untouchable” business, because it simply wasn’t true. He reminded Archangel that “Taste of Fame” was a cross-brand show. Both Alpha and Omega wrestlers would be there. That meant that he could pit two wrestlers from opposite brands against each other ... like maybe Archangel vs. Joel Kovach. He then ordered Archangel out of the ring because he had other business to take care of. Archangel glared daggers at Nemesis, but he did leave the ring without further incident. Nemesis then pointed out that “Taste of Fame” had some empty slots on its card. Up next, a #1 Contender match. The Pay-Per-View after “Taste of Fame,” “Resurgence,” is an Alpha-only show, which means that the challenger for the World Heavyweight Championship would have to come from the Alpha side. So to determine who it would be, he was booking former Grand Champion Davis Wayne Newton ... against Angry Gilmore. Nemesis rode out the wave of disapproval and said that he wanted to be as fair as possible, and as much as the Family pissed him off, he had to admit that Angry was talented. He was the current Ringmaster, and so he would give him a chance. Which left him with the main event. As near as he could tell, there were two potentially good matches he could book, either Ernest Youngman vs. Wolf Hawkins, or Ernest vs. Zimmy Bumfhole. So he decided to book ... Ernest vs. Wolf vs. Zimmy. That’s right, it would be a triple threat match at “Taste of Fame.” Much to my surprise, the crowd was more excited to see Davis and Angry in a match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the hype and the first match making; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the second; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the third 6) Backstage, Sam Keith psyched up Greg Gauge for his upcoming match, saying that it was a stepping stone to the Rising Star Title. He said to unleash the rage and see how it propelled him onward. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 7) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] This one surprised me. Greg and Marc put on a great battle that mixed technical aspects and some good old-fashioned brawling. The momentum swung back and forth until finally, Greg got Marc to tap with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Greg Gauge [/B]in 9:23 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) It turns out that Ota was watching. Hard to tell what he was thinking given the ninja mask, but Emma said he looked worried, as he should be. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) Ash Campbell approached his father backstage and asked him for some help with the tag champs. Nemesis responded that Ash was an adult now. He’s have to take care of this situation himself. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) [B]KC & THE KID vs. BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH & DES DAVIDS (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. The tag champs destroyed the challengers, beating them pretty solidly until Smith took out the Kid with an inverted piledriver. WINNERS: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith & Des Davids [/B]in 10:41 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Ash Campbell came out to the ring entrance and challenged the tag champs to a match, saying that he’d find the partner if they had the guts. Des and Smith laughed at the idea but agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) Ernest Youngman found Wolf Hawkins backstage and said that he didn’t like this one bit. Nemesis had not only booked them in the match at “Taste of Fame,” but he had apparently also booked them in a tag match, as partners, against Future Threat. Wolf said he wasn’t worried since he could hold up his end of the bargain. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN & WOLF HAWKINS[/B] An okay match. It mostly consisted of Ernest and Wolf arguing between each other. They both wanted to be the one to finish off the former tag champs. They even started brawling outside the ring at one point, only stopping when they realized referee Shane Stones was counting them out. Things finally broke down when Ernest hit the Good Die Young on Davis. Wolf hot tagged his way in and tried to get the pin, resulting in another short fight that ended with Wolf nailing Ernest with a Full Moon Rising. In the meantime, Davis managed to crawl back to his corner and tagged in Parker, who came in and finished off the champ with a Future Shock. WINNER: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 13:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 14) Ernest got back to his feet and then went after Wolf. The two of them wound up brawling all the way up the ramp and out of the arena. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Well, I guess it could have been worse. We got a rating of 31.56. FINAL RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results of the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Roland Lebowski (c) defeated Edward Cornell to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship [/I][/COLOR]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Greg Gauge defeated Marc du Bois [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith & Des Davids (c) defeated KC & the Kid to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR][/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat defeated Ernest Youngman & Wolf Hawkins [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcast Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 3, July 2014[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR]) Held at Irvine Hall in the Mid-South Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Zimmy Bumfhole came out to the ring and mocked Ernest Youngman for losing to Future Threat last night. He said he knew Ernest was probably hoping for a night off tonight to rest up for the three-way dance, but that wasn’t going to happen. Instead, Zimmy convinced Nemesis to put Zimmy and Ernest in a tag team match. Not as partners, as competitors. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Now normally, I would team with my brother, but he’s not here tonight. He’s working ‘out west,’ if you know what I’m saying. Hopefully he’ll catch up with us someday. But for tonight, I found someone to be my partner, somebody I’ve worked with in the past. Let’s just say that tonight, my partner is looking to establish some good ... karma.”[/COLOR] Out came Joel Kovach. Joel shook hands with Zimmy but then addressed Archangel. He said that he and Archangel had a lot of history together and that this Sunday, he was going to destroy his best friend for stabbing him and the MWA in the back and joining the Family of Faith. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]VENGEANCE vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Jean no longer wore his hippie threads, instead opting for black jeans and a matching wife-beater. He tore through Vengeance and finally put him down with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) Backstage, Josh Jones watched on a monitor, his face an expressionless mask. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 4) Nemesis was in his office, talking with someone on the phone about how great this Sunday would be. There was a knock at the door and Primus Allen entered. He respectfully asked Nemesis to give him a match against Chance Fortune this Sunday. Nemesis said that was a no-brainer. Primus had his match! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 5) [B]MEGUMI NAKAJIMA vs. AMBER ALLEN [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a first round match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] Oh, ouch. This one really hurt us. The crowd just did not care and a lot of them took the opportunity to head for refreshments or the rest room. In the end, Amber, took out Megumi with a Northern Lights Suplex to advance in the tournament. WINNER: [B]Amber Allen [/B]in 8:36 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) Chance Fortune came out to the ring and made up for the previous train wreck by cutting a passionate promo. He said that he knew he should be scared to face Primus in the ring this Sunday, but he wasn’t worried. He was a former Grand Champion whereas Primus only had this “streak” thing. Chance reminded folks that he had taken on and beaten all sorts of previous champs. And he would destroy Primus as well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 7) [B]LIBERTY vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] This just punctuated his speech. Great match all around. The crowd cheered for Liberty, urging him to take Chance out. But Chance remained one step ahead of the veteran. In the end, he nearly took Liberty’s head off with a Stroke of Luck. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 7:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) Liberty was slow in getting up off the ring and it didn’t help when the Brothers in Arms hit the ring and beat him up for a while, finally putting him down with a double-team move that Ana said they called the “Reveille Has Sounded.” RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 9) Amber Allen strutted through the backstage area (in spite of her earlier poor performance) and wound up bumping into Lauren Easter. Lauren congratulated her on her win. Amber brushed off the compliment and warned Lauren that she was going to destroy her in two weeks in the semi-finals. Lauren laughed off the threat and said that Amber had better be ready to put her money where her mouth is. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) [B]BROTHERS IN ARMS vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Not too bad of a match. The Brothers in Arms seemed to rely solely on their strength to get them through the match, which I pointed out wasn’t the best idea when facing a team that had Bulldozer as a part of it. In the end, the Brothers actually managed to get Smith up for the Reveille Has Sounded, but then Des speared the Silencer out of the way. Smith, the legal man, caught Sarge and put him in a Backdrop Driver, finishing the match. WINNERS: [B]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 9:35 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Backstage Ernest Youngman looked somewhat distraught. He complained loudly on his cell phone (apparently to his manager) that he felt betrayed and let down by him. He pointed out that he shouldn’t be treated like this as the World Heavyweight Champion. He had to appear in hick towns like this one, glad-hand the stupid fans, conduct interviews with brainless reporters, and now, on top of it all, he had to fight in another tag match! Where was he going to find a partner anyway? [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Yarrrr, maybe it just be a matter of spendin’ enough dubloons.”[/COLOR] Ernest turned around and found Hugh de Aske smiling at him. Ernest rolled his eyes but admitted he didn’t have any other choice. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE & JOEL KOVACH vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN & HUGH de ASKE[/B] Great match all around. Everyone but Hugh really looked great. Hugh didn’t seem to mind as he hammed it up throughout the match. I played this up as a match of champions or potential champions and it really looked that way as all four competitors traded some major blows. But in the end, Zimmy worked over Hugh and when Ernest tried to interfere, Joel came in and tossed Ernest out then rolled out and tied him up with a Kovach Krippler. In the meantime, Zimmy scored a pinfall on the pirate after a Bumfhole in One. WINNERS: [B]Zimmy Bumfhole & Joel Kovach [/B]in 13:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] As the show wound down, Ana and I ran down the card for “Taste of Fame” -- [B]JOSH JONES (c) vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. GREG GAUGE for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]ASH CAMPBELL & A MYSTERY PARTNER vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. CHANCE FORTUNE [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. ANGRY GILMORE to determine [COLOR="red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR]) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. ARCHANGEL [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR]) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. WOLF HAWKINS vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Megumi was apparently overused in her debut, but her match apparently didn’t hurt things too badly. We got a rating of 20.49. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Amber Allen defeated Megumi Nakajima[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] [I]Chance Fortune defeated Liberty [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) defeated the Brothers in Arms to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Zimmy Bumfhole & Joel Kovach defeated Ernest Youngman & Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] As always, predictions, comments, threats, whatever, leave them here.

[B]JOSH JONES (c)[/B] vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY for the MWA American Championship FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. [B]GREG GAUGE [/B]for the MWA Rising Star Title ASH CAMPBELL & A MYSTERY PARTNER vs. [B]DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for the MWA Tag Team Championship [B]PRIMUS ALLEN [/B]vs. CHANCE FORTUNE DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. [B]ANGRY GILMORE[/B] to determine the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship JOEL KOVACH vs. [B]ARCHANGEL[/B] ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. WOLF HAWKINS vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship

JOSH JONES (c) vs. [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] - Two of my favourites. Mean Jean now in my head looks like Kidman circa his 2000 heel run, though - and he beat Hulk Hogan then, so what chance Josh Jones? ;) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA[/B] (c) vs. GREG GAUGE - Ota is fun, and Gauge doesn't really need this belt. ASH CAMPBELL & A MYSTERY PARTNER vs. [B]DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] - A reasonable way of debuting one of your new signings, but I can't see DDBBS dropping the straps so soon [B]PRIMUS ALLEN[/B] vs. CHANCE FORTUNE - The streak's not ending without a bit more of a build up to it. [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] vs. ANGRY GILMORE - The Triple Threat rules JOEL KOVACH vs. [B]ARCHANGEL[/B] - The Angrys need one win ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. WOLF HAWKINS vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN[/B] - I'm never a fan of belts changing hands in a three way, especially the main belt. King Midas to retain, setting up singles matches against both men down the line.

[CENTER][I]MWA presents...[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I]Sunday of Week 3, July 2014[/I] Held at the Dust Bowl in the South East Territory 13,358 in attendance; Buy-rate of 2.27[/CENTER] Jason Azaria, Ana Garcia, and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Zimmy Bumfhole appeared on screen. He admitted that he got a rocky start in the MWA but he was going to prove himself the best way possible. Tonight, he would beat Wolf Hawkins and Ernest Youngman and become the new MWA World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) We then cut to the ring, where Mean Jean Cattley waited. He said that he too was going to get back to basics, by taking the American Championship from Josh Jones ... right now. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) [B]JOSH JONES (c) vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] Great opening match. Josh and Jean put on a great show, their blows thundering as they brawled through the ring and around it. In the end, Jean went for the Mood Swing, only to have it blocked by Josh and turned into a Canadian Backdrop. WINNER: [B]Josh Jones [/B]in 15:05 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Jean was furious and he took out his frustration by beating the tar out of Josh. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 5) Joel Kovach now appeared, reminding folks of the many epic clashes he’s had with his so-called “friend,” the Archangel. He said he thought those days were behind them, but clearly, Archangel didn’t see it that way. So he told the crowd to set their DVRs and get their cameras ready. It was time for another match for the ages. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 6) In a darkened room, Angry Gilmore met with his “family.” He said that there was plenty for them to do tonight. His #1 Contenders match ([COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Although that is in the bag,” [/COLOR]he boasted), Greg’s title shot against Fumihiro Ota. But he wanted to focus on Joel Kovach tonight. He said that it was imperative that they taught Kovach his place, so that he would learn to leave the family in peace. Junior didn’t seem too happy about it, but she left the room as Angry dismissed them all. Angry Gilmore stopped Greg before he left. He told Greg that he was counting on him to bring some gold to the Family. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] for the strategy session; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the warning 7) A video played, hyping Primus Allen’s impressive winning streak, emphasizing his devastating arsenal of moves. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) The tag team champs came out to the ring and waited for Ash to show up. Sure enough, out came Ash. He said that it was time to introduce his partner. He reminded everyone that he was a second generation worker, part of a hardcore legacy. So it was only appropriate for his tag partner to have a similar pedigree. So it was his pleasure to introduce his partner: [B]Acid II[/B]! The crowd was relatively indifferent in spite of the fact that Des and Smith played up their shock and horror, then burst out laughing. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. The champs really looked good while the rookies struggled a little. But Ash and Acid II put it all on the line, so much so that they came close to getting the champs pinned more than once. More than that, Des and Smith couldn’t get them pinned. In the end, they wound up cheating and Des kept Acid II down with a handful of tights. WINNERS: [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith & Des Davids [/B]in 9:44 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Wolf Hawkins now appeared, saying that Zimmy was fooling himself. He reminded everyone that his record was better in the MWA than Zimmy’s. And, by the by, Ernest’s recent record wasn’t looking too hot either. Wolf confidently predicted he would leave the Dust Bowl with gold tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 11) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. GREG GAUGE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Ota’s age was beginning to show in this one. He was winded by the end of the match whereas Greg looked ready to keep going. I suspect that’s part of the reason why the crowd wasn’t so into this. It strained credulity a bit. But Ota kept Greg at arm’s length. While Greg almost got him into the Proton Lock more than once, Ota wriggled his way out of every attempt. The last one did not end well as Ota blocked the attempt and took Greg out with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 18:12 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Much to Greg’s surprise, Junior came out to the ring and told him to back off. She had been sitting on the sidelines for too long. She decried Angry Gilmore for trying to control her. She said she had come to her senses and she didn’t want to see her father fight his best friend over her. She wanted Joel to come out to the ring now so they could talk. Joel came out, looking a bit hesitant, but as Junior broke down crying, he relaxed and started for the ring. He only made it halfway. As Junior shrieked in horror, Archangel charged out of the back, followed by Angry, Sam Keith, and Matthew Gauge. The Family beat Joel down, stomping and kicking him until officials boiled out of the back to pry them off of him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 13) Chance Fortune appeared on screen and snarled that the “sheeple” in the audience might enjoy the flashing lights and fluff of Primus Allen. Well, tonight, people would see what happened when Primus had to face a real wrestler. Tonight, Primus would run out of luck. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B+[/COLOR] 14) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. ANGRY GILMORE [/B]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Great match. Davis and Angry put together a great brawl that kept the crowd popping the whole time. Angry seemed to feed off of Davis’s frustration but Davis didn’t let up either. They kept the match going with lots of near falls and almost-got-hims until finally, Davis tripped Angry up and got him tapping with an STF. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So whoever wins the three-way dance tonight, he’ll have to face Davis at ‘Resurgence!’”[/COLOR] Jason said. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 14:40 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 15) While Davis left the ring, the announcers speculated on whether or not Kovach would make it to his match tonight. Emma speculated that Joel might want to just pack up and get out of the arena. Ana pointed out that with Junior’s change of heart, Joel had something really worth fighting for. She said that she’s seen Joel in dire straits before. He had pulled through then. He’d pull through now. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] A[/COLOR] 16) Ernest Youngman now appeared on screen. He said that it was true, Zimmy Bumfhole had the drive. It was true, Wolf Hawkins had the skill. And yes, things looked bleak for him in light of recent weeks. But that didn’t worry him. He was King Midas, after all. He would take this situation and turn it into gold ... by hanging on to the World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 17) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Superb match. Incredible. These two pulled out all the stops, even though I specifically told them to take it easy. The crowd was solidly behind Primus (except for a few smarks who seemed to take perverse pleasure in cheering on Chance, but different strokes, I guess). That being said, Primus and Chance put on a heck of a show. Chance used every trick he could to take Primus out fast and dirty, but Primus powered on through them all. But Chance did come the closest to beating Primus, actually getting a two count with his feet on the ropes. But everything Chance did wasn’t enough. He finally wound up eating a Flying Lariat and getting pinned. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 18) Archangel came out to the ring and explained that this was the time Nemesis had given Joel and him for their match. So far as he knew, Joel was still being examined by the medics so everyone had better just settle in. Apparently they were in for something of an intermission. It was short-lived. Not thirty seconds later, Joel’s entrance music hit and he came out, bandaged and with murder in his eyes. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the hype; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the entrance 19) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. ARCHANGEL[/B] A great match from these two. But given their history, it’s not that surprising. Jason pointed out that these two knew each other so well and it was obvious from their fight. They were able to read each other, avoiding potential finishing moves. Ana commented that they’d have to dig deep if either one wanted to beat the other. The beatdown from earlier in the night clearly took its toll on Joel, but every time it looked like he would succumb, Archangel would say something snide and Joel’s strength would surge back, jumping back into the fight. About halfway through the match, Junior ran out to the ring. She stood in her father’s corner, shouting encouragement and cheering him on. Matt Gauge soon followed her out and tried to get her to return. She actually slapped him at one point and ordered him away. Joel took heart from that and rallied, almost getting Archangel into the Kovach Krippler at one point. But then, while Archangel distracted referee Baby Jamie, Junior attacked her dad, allowing Archangel to catch him in a Fall From Grace. WINNER: [B]Archangel[/B] in 15:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 20) Joel simply lay on the mat, prompting Baby Jamie to order Archangel away. He signaled for help and the medics came out and stretchered him out. As they did, Archangel got on the mic and sneered at Joel’s stupidity, falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 21) A video played, hyping the upcoming three-way match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 22) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. WOLF HAWKINS vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Great cap to a great night. It’ll be interesting to see how the fans respond to our show, but I think it went pretty well. These three put on a great match. For a short while in the opening minutes, Wolf and Zimmy actually seemed to be working together, working Ernest over. But the alliance fell apart when Zimmy went for the pin. Then those two began to brawl, allowing Ernest to catch his breath. The match dragged out with no one able to gain a clear advantage. In the end, Zimmy went for a Bumfhole in One on Wolf Hawkins, only to miss because Ernest dragged Wolf out of the way. Ernest then tossed Zimmy out of the ring and caught a recovering Wolf in a Good Die Young. WINNER:[B] Ernest Youngman [/B]in 37:14 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Good show overall. Thought we’d do a little bit better, but I’m not complaining. One interesting thing that popped up was that fans in the ProWrestlingHits.com forum said they saw “Taste of Fame” as an “above average” show now. I’ve been wondering if one of our pay-per-views might turn into a “Supreme Challenge” analogue. I guess the answer is “yes.” FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Taste of Fame”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Josh Jones (c) defeated Mean Jean Cattley to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) defeated Hardcore Legacy to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota (c) defeated Greg Gauge to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Angry Gilmore to become [COLOR="red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Archangel defeated Joel Kovach [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman (c) defeated Zimmy Bumfhole and Wolf Hawkins to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 4, July 2014[/I] Held at the Shakeshaft Auditorium in the Great Lakes Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and soaked up the fans’ adulation for a few moments before hyping himself up as the new #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. He reminded people that he had held the title in the past and confidently predicted that at “Resurgence,” he would reclaim it and make it his. But then Ernest Youngman came out and raised the title over his head. He got a mic and reminded Davis that the title wasn’t vacant. It was safely in his hands and that was where it would stay. He didn’t care if Davis was the Triple Threat. He was King Midas and he would turn their title match into gold. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Jason said that Davis’s trophy case might need to be enlarged over the next month. Not only did he have a World Heavyweight Championship match in less than a month, tonight he and Steven Parker had a Tag Team Championship match against Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA vs. CAMERON VESSEY[/B] An okay match that never seemed to make it out of second gear. They duked it out for a while until Joey put Cameron down with a Minnesota Salute. WINNER: [B]Joey Minnesota [/B]in 8:09 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Backstage Greg Gauge raged about his loss to Fumihiro Ota to anyone who would listen. Sam Keith finally took him aside to try to calm him down. As they went, they passed Archangel. He approached Junior and thanked her for her part in his victory this past Sunday. He said that if it hadn’t been her acting as bait and then taking out Joel when she did, Joel would have won. He said she was a special lady to do that for him. Junior seemed a bit surprised and pointed out that she did it for the Family. Archangel smiled and said of course, that’s what he meant. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C & B[/COLOR] 5) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c) vs. KC GLENN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] A great match from these two, a real nail biter. If given the chance, I’m sure these two could have put on a phenomenal match. KC’s desperation to get Roland down and pinned grew with each failed attempt. Finally, Roland took him out and pinned him. WINNER: [B]Roland Lebowski [/B]in 5:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) As Roland celebrated the win, Kristen Pearce came out with Irwin Gutmann in tow. Kristen announced that she was Irwin’s new manager and, on behalf of her new client, she was challenging Roland to a match at “Resurgence.” Roland said he had no problem facing Irwin in the ring. He just suggested that Kristen make sure he had all his shots. He didn’t want to get rabies or the mange or something from Irwin in a month. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the response 7) Wolf Hawkins came out to the ring. He said he knew that the MWA was all about [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“gender equality”[/COLOR] and all that, but he said it was a crock. He reminded everyone that Junior was the first draft pick for the Alpha brand. But why? [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What had she done to deserve that? Absolutely nothing. Sure, she’s won some matches, but not recently. She’s a fluke, a nothing, and I’ll prove it. I’m not leaving this ring until Junior comes out to face me!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) [B]WOLF HAWKINS vs. JUNIOR[/B] He didn’t have to wait long. Junior came out to the ring with referee Shane Stones following her. Wolf looked great in the ring, hitting Junior with everything he had. But Junior was able to weather his assault and when she went on the offensive, Wolf was left reeling. Before too long, Junior had him down and tapping in a Triangle Choke. WINNER: [B]Junior[/B] in 10:37 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) Nemesis was backstage when he was confronted by Angry Gilmore. Angry lived up to his name, raging how he was cheated out of “his” title shot. He should be the one facing Ernest at “Resurgence,” not Davis. Nemesis stopped him and pointed out that he lost fair and square at “Taste of Fame.” It wasn’t his fault if he couldn’t get the job done. That set Angry off. He said it must be nice for Nemesis to sit in his cushy office and ruin people’s careers on a whim. Angry said it was lucky he wasn’t an active wrestler anymore or Angry would... Nemesis stepped in close and said that he may be retired, but he figured he owed Angry’s “Family” for what happened a few months ago in the Cage Wars. So he was going to make a match for next week’s “Blade’s Edge.” It would be Nemesis vs. Angry Gilmore and if anyone interfered, he would suspend them for six months! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the argument; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the match making 10) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. AARON ANDREWS [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] The crowd popped for Ota a little as he came to the ring. Aaron went back to his roots a little during the match and tried to argue some finer points of the match with Shane Stones, trying to end the match as a DQ win for himself. But Ota wouldn’t stand for it and finally dropped him with a Ninja Strike. WINNER:[B] Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 10:49 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) Junior came out of the showers and was surprised to see Matt Gauge waiting for her. She chewed him out in a playful manner and asked what he was doing. He said that her win over Wolf had to be celebrated. He was taking her out for dinner and drinks. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But maybe we could just stay in and shower again...”[/COLOR] Junior reluctantly turned down that idea and told him that she’d be ready in a second. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) [B]FUTURE THREAT vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] This promising match turned out to be something of a stinker. Davis really shone the times he was in the ring, especially with the crowd behind him. Jason commented that the crowd obviously was behind him in his championship match already. The champs had their hands full as the former champs battled them to a standstill. It finally broke thanks to Ernest Youngman. He charged out and dropped Davis onto the cement with a Good Die Young, allowing Des Davids to spear Steven Parker out of his boots and get the pin. WINNER: [B]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 15:43 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] An okay show, probably dragged down by the less-than-kosher ending to the main event. We got a rating of 35.04. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Joey Minnesota defeated Cameron Vessey [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Roland Lebowski (c) defeated KC Glenn to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Junior defeated Wolf Hawkins [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota (c) defeated Aaron Andrews to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) defeated Future Threat to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 4, July 2014[/I] Held at the Missouri State Armoury in the Mid West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Things started with Joel Kovach in the ring. Joel admitted that he let his hope get the better of him this past Sunday. He had been hoping that Junior would come to her senses and, when it looked like that happened, he let his guard down and wound up paying for it. But that wouldn’t stop him. He knew he couldn’t get his hands on Angry Gilmore or Archangel or any of the other “Family” because of the brand split. It’d be three months before the next cross-brand pay-per-view. But when “Straight to the Top” came around, he would be there, ready to go. He started to leave the ring when Izaak Tischler’s music hit. Izaak came out and apologized for ambushing Joel like this, but he’s had something on his mind for a while. He explained that he was the younger brother of Haim “Sabbath” Tischler, a man that Joel would likely be familiar with. Joel said he remembered Sabbath as a tough competitor and a great guy. Izaak thanked him for his kind words and then asked Joel to do him a favor. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Haim always talked about you when he came home and, I’ve got to be honest, I’ve always wanted to wrestle Joel Kovach. What do you say?”[/COLOR] Joel said it’d be an honor and told Izaak to come down to the ring if he was ready. Izaak nodded and did so. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. IZAAK TISCHLER[/B] Great opening match. You could see the respect that these two had for each other. Joel scored the first near fall and applauded for Izaak when the latter kicked out. And then, when Izaak almost got Joel in the Crucifix Slam, it was Izaak who applauded when Joel got out of it. But they soon set aside the mutual admiration society and took it up a few notches, putting on a great match. I commented that it didn’t matter who won, that the fans were the ones who benefitted the most. In the end, Izaak tried for another Crucifix Slam, only to have Joel power through it and then drop Izaak with an Old School Drop. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]in 10:08 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) Joel helped Izaak to his feet and they took turns applauding for each other when Jay Chord charged out of the back. He first tossed Izaak out of the ring and then beat Joel down hard, finally punctuating it with an Cradle Piledriver. As he left, Ana and I debated what that was all about. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Backstage, Chance Fortune found Nemesis. Chance pointed out that after “Resurgence” was “New Legacy,” and Omega show. He said he didn’t know what would happen when Davis Wayne Newton faced Ernest Youngman, but whoever it was, Chance wanted next. He wanted the main event for the World Heavyweight Championship at “New Legacy.” Nemesis didn’t like that idea. He first pointed out that we had seen Chance vs. Ernest before. And he was pretty sure no one would want to go down that path again. Chance pointed out there was a good chance that it could be Davis vs. Chance at “New Legacy,” so it could still work. Nemesis then pointed out that if anyone in the Omega brand was next in line, it would be Zimmy Bumfhole. When Chance tried to press his point, Nemesis finally offered this compromise: if Chance could beat Zimmy in a match tonight, he’d think about giving him the #1 Contendership. Zimmy didn’t seem too happy, but he agreed. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) Backstage, we caught sight of Arthur Dexter Bradley arguing with Joey Beauchamp over something. What it was over didn’t really matter. In the end, they broke off and I speculated that we hadn’t seen the end of it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. AGENT 69 [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a semi-final match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] Surprisingly good match, but the crowd seemed a bit livelier tonight. J-Ro and Agent 69 really put each other through their paces but, in the end, Agent 69 got Joanne to tap out to a single-leg grapevine. WINNER: [B]Agent 69 [/B]in 9:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Backstage the Brothers in Arms were beating up Liberty. I complained that this was getting ridiculous. Once they were done, Sarge turned to the Silencer and said he felt about ready for his match, which was coming up next. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) [B]HUGH de ASKE vs. SERGEANT BUBBA LEE WEST[/B] Another good match. Hugh played it for laughs, frustrating Sarge as he played things up for the crowd. Finally Sarge had enough and nearly took Hugh out of his boots with a vicious clothesline. Sarge took control of the match and beat Hugh savagely until putting him away with a Recon Wrench. WINNER: [B]Sergeant Bubba Lee West [/B]in 10:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 9) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring. He said that nobody should complain over what he did to Josh Jones this past Sunday. He said Josh had it coming for beating him when everyone knew the American Championship was rightfully his. He demanded a rematch next week. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Great match but I expected that due to their great chemistry together. Thomas didn’t roll over for Mean Jean either, much to his evident frustration. So he took it out on Thomas pretty badly before finally taking him out with a Mood Swing for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley[/B] in 10:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) A graphic reminded the crowds that next week, we’d see another semi-final match in the tournament to crown a Women’s Champion. It’d be Lauren Easter taking on Amber Allen. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) Speaking of Amber, she appeared on screen and promised to put Lauren in her place. Sadly, the crowd just did not care. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 13) [B]ZIMMY BUMFHOLE vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Superb match to end the show. These two really put it all on the line for the fans and delivered a phenomenal fight. Lots of high spots, lots of near falls, the momentum kept swinging back and forth and kept the fans on their feet for most of the match. In the end, Zimmy thought he had Chance down and went up top for a Bumfhole in One. But just as Zimmy launched himself, Chance rolled out of the way. Zimmy crashed to the mat and when he staggered to his feet, Zimmy caught him with a Stroke of Luck. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 13:22 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] And here I was worried that [I]Firestorm[/I] would be the “B-show.” The folks over at [I]Blade’s Edge [/I]better pick up the pace. We got a rating of 21.96. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Agent 69 defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Sgt. Bubba Lee West defeated Hugh de Aske [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Chance Fortune defeated Zimmy Bumfhole [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]It’s Getting Crowded in Here[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, August 2014[/I][/B] So now what should I do? I sat at my desk in MWA headquarters, facing a whiteboard with our current show schedule. It was pretty straightforward. Wednesday through Saturday, both brands were doing shows, either their respective television shows or a house show. I didn’t want to up that; anymore than that and I’d likely have a revolt on my hands, led by tired and irritable workers. No, the real question was if I wanted to add another TV show for each brand into the mix. I had always toyed with the idea of doubling the amount of TV the MWA had. Late one night, I had even mapped it out, with the second Alpha show airing on Fridays and the second Omega show on Saturdays. But now that I had the chance to float that idea to the networks, I wasn’t so sure I wanted to. For one thing, adding even an extra hour of televised matches would require more storylines and I felt stretched thin as it was. For another, I thought we were utilizing our rosters pretty well now. Granted, not everyone had time on screen every week but they did get regular exposure. Adding another TV show for each brand would likely make it necessary for me to hire even more workers and I just didn’t want to do that. As I sat there and mused about my options, the phone rang. I absently picked it up, hoping that maybe it would be Wanda. No such luck. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“How ya doin’, kid?”[/COLOR] Tommy. I took a deep breath to keep myself from saying something snide. Being a gracious winner and all that. Instead, I managed to bite out, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Not too bad. How about you?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m doing quite well, actually. I take it you haven’t seen the news?”[/COLOR] I closed my eyes, swallowing a groan. Oh no. There was only one thing that could make Tommy happy enough to call me up out of the blue. I quickly swung around to my laptop and called up ProWrestlingHits.com. Sure enough, there it was. TCW finally went global. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Congratulations.” “Thank you. I just wanted to give you a call and tell you not to get too comfortable on that perch you stole. I’m coming to take what’s rightfully mine.”[/COLOR] And with that, he was gone. I hung up the phone and turned back to the schedule. Suddenly it didn’t seem quite as important.

[CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/B][/SIZE] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Held at the Gorski Ballroom in the South West Territory[/I] Wednesday of Week 1, August 2014 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Greg Gauge came out to the ring and demanded a rematch against Fumihiro Ota for the Rising Star Title, going so far as to say that he wouldn’t leave the ring until he got what he wanted. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A pretty average match. Greg and Ota slugged it out for quite a while with Ota once again wiggling out of every attempted Proton Lock until finally, Ota took Greg out with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota[/B] in 12:06 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Greg clearly wasn’t happy about the way things turned out. He came up off the mat swinging, only to get laid out by Ota once again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Nemesis was stretching out in his office when he turned around and found Angry Gilmore watching him. Nemesis asked if he was enjoying the show. Angry congratulated Nemesis on a finely crafted plan. He complained that Nemesis could stack the deck any way he wanted since he held the powers of being a boss. Angry went off on a tirade about how Nemesis had abused his power for long enough. Nemesis got in his face and demanded to know if he thought he could do better. Angry said he could. So Nemesis made a wager with him: “If you beat me, I will turn over my powers to you until ‘Resurgence.’ You can book matches however you feel. Sound good to you?” Angry smiled sadistically. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Good.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 5) [B]STEVE GUMBLE vs. IRWIN GUTMANN[/B] A blah match. Irwin powered his way through it and finished off Gumble quickly. WINNER: [B]Irwin Gutmann [/B]in 4:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) Davis Wayne Newton ran into Wolf Hawkins backstage. Wolf was not happy with the way that Davis “sidled” his way into the #1 Contender spot for the World Heavyweight Championship. Wolf groused that if anyone should get a shot at the title, it was him, not Davis. Davis responded by saying that he was in that position because he earned it. And if Wolf doubted it, he would prove it to him later tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) In another section of the backstage, Sam Keith found Junior and congratulated her on her win last week. He said that he had never seen her so intense and focused before. He said he didn’t know what inspired her, but he hoped she could keep it up. Junior had a slightly confused look on her face but then shrugged and went her way. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 8) [B]NEMESIS vs. ANGRY GILMORE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]control of the Alpha Brand for a month[/COLOR] Nemesis just doesn’t have matches in him anymore. He wound up tired by the end of the match. But he still put up a colossal fight. Angry had a difficult time keeping up with the boss but, in the end, he blunted Nemesis’s offense, side-stepped a Nemesis Arrow, and then caught Nemesis on the rebound and put him away with an Anger Unleashed. WINNER: [B]Angry Gilmore [/B]in 11:49 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 9) Angry Gilmore celebrated by signaling for help. Sam Keith joined him and they spent the next several minutes pounding Nemesis bloody. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 10) A video played, hyping Des Davids and Bulldozer Brandon Smith as the tag team champs. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 11) [B]ARCHANGEL vs. EDWARD CORNELL[/B] Good match. Edward seemed a bit scared of Archangel and Double-A really seemed to enjoy that. Edward did his best to fight Archangel to a stand still but Archangel powered through and finally wound up stalking Edward through the ring before putting him away with a Fall From Grace. WINNER: [B]Archangel[/B] in 10:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 12) Angry Gilmore came out of his locker room, looking quite pleased with himself. He found himself face to face with a very angry Ash Campbell. Ash got in his face, demanding to know who he thought he was. Angry smiled and said he thought he was [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato[/I], the leader of his Family of Faith, and now the boss as well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) Deeper inside the arena, Matthew Gauge found Archangel and got in his face. He said he knew that Archangel had spoken to Junior before her match last week. He warned Archangel off, telling him not to stick his nose where it doesn’t belong. Archangel laughed and pointed out that he hadn’t done anything untoward to Junior. If Matt couldn’t handle having someone other than his father or brother in the Family, he might have to take a good hard look at himself and ask what he really wanted. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] Bad chemistry pulls down an otherwise promising match. Wolf stepped up his game and really did his best to take Davis out but Davis powered through, finally taking Wolf out with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 11:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Another blah show. We got a rating of 35.02. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Fumihiro Ota (c) defeated Greg Gauge to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Irwin Gutmann defeated Steve Gumble [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore defeated Nemesis for [COLOR="red"]control of the Alpha brand for a month[/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Archangel defeated Edward Cornell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Wolf Hawkins [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 1, August 2014[/I] Held at Laurent Ballroom in the New England Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. JOEY BEAUCHAMP[/B] A good opening bout. ADB and Joey really worked well together and kept the crowd guessing up until the very end when Joey pinned ADB. WINNER: [B]Joey Beauchamp [/B]in 10:13 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 2) Jay Chord came out to the ring and chased Joey out of there. He then went on a rant, explaining why he did what he did. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Here I thought that I was doing something good by helping Kovach out with his little cage war thing a few months ago and where did it get me? On the injured list again. And did Kovach ever express any thanks for what I did? No! So I’m here to beat the thanks out of him!”[/COLOR] He was interrupted mid-scream by Izaak Tischler. Izaak ripped into him, pointing out that he has always been like this: blaming others for his own problems. Izaak dared him to get into the ring with him later tonight. Jay laughed and told Izaak to bring it on. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) [B]LAUREN EASTER vs. AMBER ALLEN [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a semi-final match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] Good match. Lauren carried the relatively unknown Amber through most of it, allowing her to get some licks in before finally taking her out with a belly-to-belly suplex. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter [/B]in 8:28 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. JAY CHORD[/B] I had a field day with this one, getting Ana caught up on the history between these two. And you could tell that they had faced off a number of times against each other. They had each other scouted almost to perfection. Ana said it looked like they knew what the other was about to do two or three moves in advance. But in the end, Jay was able to take Izaak out with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 5) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring and taunted Josh Jones, pointing out that the American champ hadn’t even showed up last week. He asked if Josh was scared and said that he was right to be scared. Because Jean was coming for him. But apparently Josh was coming for him too. Some of the crowd roared as Josh slid into the ring and started brawling with Jean. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the taunting; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the attack 6) Nemesis, looking pretty beat up, sat at his desk backstage. Someone knocked at the door and Nemesis growled for them to get in there. In came Chance Fortune. Chance respectfully asked for his title shot against Ernest, seeing as he beat Zimmy Bumfhole last week. Nemesis snarled at him that he shouldn’t push his luck. Nemesis was in no mood to chat, seeing as he lost control of the Alpha brand for a little under a month. Nemesis then went on to point out that there were other deserving workers who could face Ernest or Davis in two months, such as Alicia Strong. While she was contractually prevented from facing Ernest, if Davis won, Nemesis was thinking of giving the shot to her. Chance then suggested that he wrestle Alicia tonight. If he won, could he get a title shot then? Before Nemesis could answer, someone came in and told him that Jean and Josh were fighting in the ring. Nemesis was not pleased about that at all and stormed out of the room, telling Chance that he’d think about it if Chance won tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Sure enough, Josh and Jean were still fighting in the ring. Nemesis stormed out with a number of backstage personnel, all of whom entered the ring and separated them. Nemesis said if they wanted to fight, he’d give them the chance to next week. It’d be Mean Jean Cattley vs. Josh Jones for the MWA American Championship! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) [B]VENGEANCE vs. THE SILENCER[/B] Great match. The Silencer is turning out to be a much better worker than I originally thought. He and Vengeance put on a memorable brawl before the Silencer got Vengeance to tap out with a move Ana identified as the “Extreme Prejudice.” WINNER: [B]The Silencer [/B]in 9:41 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) As the Silencer celebrated, Liberty charged the ring and tried to attack him. But the Silencer saw him coming and laid him out quickly and effectively. He laughed at his would-be attacker before strutting to the back. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) Alicia Strong came out to the ring and did a quick job of hyping her match against Chance Fortune, saying that she didn’t think she’d be this close to the title hunt so soon, but she’s show Chance why he shouldn’t assume he was in. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] Great match to cap off the evening. Alicia and Chance laid it all on the line and Alicia was able to go toe-to-toe with Chance all the way. Ana mused that the ladies in the women’s championship tournament were lucky Alicia hadn’t entered since she would have captured it easily. In the end, though, Chance managed to duck an attempted Strong Interaction and nailed her with a Stroke of Luck. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 16:49 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 12) Alicia got to her feet woozily and then went over to congratulate Chance on his win. He laughed at her and left the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Once again, [I]Firestorm[/I] beats [I]Blade’s Edge[/I]. Not sure what to make of that. We got a rating of 21.43. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Joey Beauchamp defeated Arthur Dexter Bradley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Lauren Easter defeated Amber Allen [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]The Silencer defeated Vengeance [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Chance Fortune defeated Alicia Strong [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 2, August 2014[/I] Held at the Lowe Ballroom in the North West Territory 5,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show, one that was firmly under the control of Il Padrone Arrabiato’s “Family of Faith.” While Jason seemed disgusted by that fact, Emma played it up as a great new day in the MWA. 1) [B]WOLF HAWKINS vs. SAM KEITH[/B] Things started off with a small bang as Angry Gilmore’s right-hand man came out to fight Wolf. Wolf really shone in the match and actually seemed a bit frustrated with being in this match in the first place. That frustration cost him as he let it get the better of him, allowing Sam Keith to nail his one-two punch of a Neutron Plex followed by a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Sam Keith [/B]in 12:15 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Part of Wolf’s frustration was revealed. Apparently Angry wasted no time with his new powers. A graphic popped up to reveal that tonight’s main event would be Angry Gilmore facing Davis Wayne Newton with the #1 Contender’s slot on the line! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c) vs. BRADLEY BLAZE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] Emma snidely commented that Roland was under the gun after Irwin’s fast win lat week. But Roland clearly was paying attention. He was focused and brutal, finishing off Bradley in less time than Irwin’s match last week. WINNER:[B] Roland Lebowski [/B]in 4:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 4) Roland celebrated in the ring but then, for no apparent reason, Archangel charged in and took him out, tossing him around the ring before slamming him into a mat with a Fall From Grace. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Davis Wayne Newton appeared on screen and said that he wasn’t worried about facing Angry in any way, shape, or form. Yes, Angry was the head of the Family of Faith. Yes, he did have Nemesis’s authority for the rest of the month. But Davis said that none of that mattered. He would prove tonight why [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato [/I]was no match for the Triple Threat. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 6) Junior met Archangel backstage and laughed over what he did to Roland. She asked him what that was about. Archangel said he was bored and it was a lot of fun. He then stepped in close and said he had something he wanted to talk to her about. She seemed a bit nervous but smiled. But before Archangel could say anything, Matthew Gauge stumbled over them. Archangel quickly excused himself, saying that he’d talk later. Matt watched him go then turned to Junior, who also left in a hurry. Then someone started laughing. Matt turned around and saw Mainstream Hernandez laughing at him. Matt asked what was so funny. Mainstream replied, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Turn-about is fair play.”[/COLOR] Matt then smacked Mainstream and dared him to step into the ring later tonight. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 7) Marc du Bois came out to the ring and said that he heard a rumor that Greg Gauge was going to get another Rising Star Title shot against Fumihiro Ota. He said that figured. Greg can’t earn it, so he’s using the Family to get his way while more deserving wrestlers like Marc got left on the sidelines. Greg didn’t appreciate that apparently. He charged the ring with a ref in tow. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 8) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. GREG GAUGE[/B] Great match. Marc and Greg really flowed together and put on a great story. Greg was apparently blinded by rage and Marc was able to capitalize. While Greg came close to getting Marc pinned, he was never able to finish things. Marc slipped through an attempted Proton Lock and then drove Greg into the mat with a Marc of Excellence. WINNER: [B]Marc du Bois [/B]in 9:42 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 9) Angry Gilmore appeared on screen. He said that Davis was wrong. He is not abusing his newfound power. He is instead rectifying a horrific mistake that Nemesis had committed in holding him back. Tonight would be the first step he’d take in meeting his destiny. First the #1 Contender’s role. And in a little over a week and a half, he’d claim the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) [B]MAINSTREAM HERNANDEZ vs. MATTHEW GAUGE[/B] Jason and Emma hyped up the amount of bad blood between these two and it really gave the match a boost. It also helped that these two tore into each other like there was no tomorrow. Matt beat his frustration into Mainstream while Mainstream apparently still had some issues with Matt as well. In the end, after a hair-rasing battle, Matt got Mainstream to tap out with a Proton Lock. WINNER: [B]Matthew Gauge [/B]in 10:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 11) Angry Gilmore was warming up backstage when Greg Gauge approached him. Greg, very meekly, asked Angry for his title shot against Fumihiro Ota. Angry seemed a bit upset, pointing out that Greg lost to Marc earlier. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“How do I know you won’t humiliate the Family again?”[/COLOR] Greg’s cheeks burned but Angry let him off the hook and gave him the match. Archangel came in next and said that he had a request of his own to make to Angry. Angry dismissed Greg and told Archangel to escort him to the ring. They walked away, deep in discussion. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for Greg’s request; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for Archangel’s 12) As the announcers hyped the main event, Ernest Youngman showed up to sit on color commentary. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 13) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. ANGRY GILMORE [/B]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Pretty good match but the Gauge Brothers set the bar a little too high tonight. Angry and Davis did all right, though. Angry seemed distracted in the early going, as if he were waiting for something. We soon found out what. Halfway through the match, the camera cut to the backstage area, where Greg and Matt were shown heading to the ring. But before they could make it, Ash Campbell and Acid II intercepted them and they wound up brawling in the back. In the ring, Angry and Davis continued to slug it out. At one point, though, referee Shane Stones was knocked out. Angry took advantage of that and signaled for help. Out of the audience came Sam Keith. The two of them spent a minute or two double-teaming Davis. But then Davis rallied and knocked Angry silly. But in his stunned state, Davis wound up putting Sam in the STF. Angry recovered and broke it up. Stones then came to and ordered Sam out of the ring. Davis finally finished things by rolling through an attempted Anger Unleashed and putting Angry in a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNER: [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]in 12:55 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) Davis then met Ernest’s gaze at ringside and shouted, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“See you at ‘Resurgence!’”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] A [I]Blade’s Edge [/I]finally made it out of second gear! We got a rating of 36.44. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Sam Keith defeated Wolf Hawkins [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Roland Lebowski (c) defeated Bradley Blaze to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Marc du Bois defeated Greg Gauge [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Matthew Gauge defeated Mainstream Hernandez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Angry Gilmore to remain [COLOR="Red"]#1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 2, August 2014[/I] Held at the Virginia Park Fields in the Mid Atlantic Territory 8,532 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1) [B]THE ODD COUPLE vs. DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A pretty good start for things. Alicia and Izaak once again gelled as a team, taking the fight to the champs. Des and Smith were obviously a bit worried, breaking up pins for each other and generally making themselves such a nuisance that Referee Eugene Williams almost tossed them out on two separate occasions. In the end, Alicia looked ready to put Des away with a Strong Arm Tactic. But while Smith distracted Williams, Des thumbed her in the eyes, knocked Izaak off his perch, and then rolled Alicia up with a handful of tights to keep her down. WINNERS: [B]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]in 6:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley appeared on screen. He said that tonight was the night. After the long drought, he would reascend and capture gold. Josh Jones was done as the American champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 3) Chance Fortune brazenly approached Nemesis backstage. He pointed out that he’d jumped through every hoop Nemesis had put up for him. Now he was going to demand what was rightfully his. He wanted to be named #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship at “New Legacy.” Nemesis gruffly pointed out that now wasn’t the time to get ****y. He didn’t appreciate Chance’s characterization of the past two weeks. He not only wanted to give the fans the best match possible but he also wanted to test Chance. Chance looked worthy ... almost. As far as he was concerned, he had one more “hoop” to jump through. The main event tonight would be the final test, and the winner would be a part of the World Heavyweight Championship match at “New Legacy.” Chance didn’t look happy but he said he was willing to do it. Who was he facing? Chance’s face fell when he heard the answer: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Primus Allen.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 4) Joey Beuachamp appeared on screen and mocked Arthur Dexter Bradley for losing last week. He said that it proved that ADB was nothing more than a charity case. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 5) Liberty came out to the ring. He went on a tirade about how Sarge and the Silencer, the so-called “Brothers in Arms” were making his life hell backstage and it was going to end tonight. He challenged Sergeant Bubba Lee West to a career vs. career match right now and wouldn’t leave the ring until he accepted. Sarge came out and said that it was Liberty’s funeral. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 6) [B]LIBERTY vs. SERGEANT BUBBA LEE WEST [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a career vs. career match[/COLOR] I honestly did not expect this. Ana and I pumped this up as much as we could by pointing out that both men were fighting for their lives ... or at least their careers. Lots of drama and momentum swings. Liberty came close to winning as many times as Sarge and the fans sounded split over who they wanted to win. The brawl eventually took out referee Eugene Williams. Liberty managed to hit the Liberation Slam but Williams couldn’t make the count. That’s when the Silencer came in and took out Liberty. Williams finally came to, only to discover both competitors down and out. He started a count-out, but Sarge and Liberty both got to their feet. Bt Liberty’s head of steam was gone. Sarge nailed him with a Recon Wrench and got the pin. WINNER: [B]Sergeant Bubba Lee West [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 7) A graphic announced that next week, we’d see Lauren Easter take on Agent 69 and the winner would receive the MWA Women’s Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Backstage, Joel Kovach confronted Jay Chord over his attitude. Joel demanded to know what was wrong with him. Jay responded that he hated Joel’s entitled attitude. He said Joel struts around like he owns the place because he’s Joel Kovach. Jay pointed out that he had a storied pedigree as well, that he had been a part of the MWA almost from the beginning. He said that everyone was enjoying the fruits of his labors and nobody was thanking him. So he was out to beat some respect out of people, starting with Joel. Joel smiled viciously and said that that could be arranged ... like tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 9) Josh Jones was shown heading to the ring for his match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) [B]JOSH JONES (c) vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] A great match. Mean Jean and Josh put it all on the line for this one. Josh was silent but very effective, using a wide variety of moves to keep after Jean the whole way. Jean was able to counter many of them and go on the offensive an equal number of times. The crowd was again split down the middle, some siding with Josh and some with Jean. Both men went for finishers only to have them blocked or slipped through. But in the end, Jean took out Josh with a Mood Swing. WINNER:[B] Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 12:35 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] 11) Backstage, Liberty headed for the exit, looking despondent. But before he could make it out of the building, the Brothers in Arms came out of nowhere and beat him down, finally laughing and wishing him well in his retirement. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) [B]JOEL KOVACH vs. JAY CHORD[/B] And the bar keeps getting set higher and higher. Hopefully Chance and Primus can deliver. Joel and Jay put on a fantastic brawl, one that I said gave the fans their money’s worth. Jay seemed pretty confident in himself but that changed as Joel fought back. Ana said that Joel was taking Jay to school and teaching him some manners. I said that was true, but I had seen Jay become the old Grand Champion and the Ringmaster. Nobody should count him out. But as good as Jay gave, Joel took it and gave even more. Jay finally bailed out of the ring and headed to the back, looking angry and shouting that Joel had cheated. Referee Eugene Williams counted Jay out. WINNER: [B]Joel Kovach [/B]by count-out in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 13) A video played, hyping Ernest Youngman as the World Heavyweight Champion. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 14) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. CHANCE FORTUNE[/B] And I was worried. The crowd exploded for this one. I said that tonight would be one that fans talked about for years to come. Some purists might complain about the lack of selling, but the fans really didn’t seem to care. Chance and Primus whipped them up into a positive frenzy. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“On the line are Chance’s dreams of regaining the World Heavyweight Championship and Primus Allen’s streak,” [/COLOR]I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Both men want this desperately but one of them will leave disappointed.”[/COLOR] Chance pulled out all the stops and did everything he could to take Primus out and, much to his credit, he came close a number of times. But Primus powered his way through, shrugging off many of Chance’s attacks until finally, Primus dropped Chance with a Running Powerslam. Primus looked a bit stunned, so I crowed for him, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This means that Primus Allen will be in the main event at ‘New Legacy.’ Ernest Youngman and Davis Wayne Newton had better keep an eye over their shoulder. Primus Allen is coming for one of them!”[/COLOR] WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 17:36 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] A classic if I do say so myself. We got a rating of 42.73. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] [I]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith (c) defeated the Odd Couple to retain[COLOR="Red"] the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Sergeant Bubba Lee West defeated Liberty in a career vs. career match [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Josh Jones (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA American Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [I]Joel Kovach defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [I]Primus Allen defeated Chance Fortune [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on GNN Total Sports; Replayed on J-Network East & UK Broadcasting Prime[/COLOR] [I]Wednesday of Week 3, August 2014[/I] (The Go-Home Show for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR]) Held at Evanovich Riverside in the Tri State Territory 8,050 in attendance[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) Fumihiro Ota came out to the ring with the Rising Star Title over his shoulder. He prattled on about honor and such before getting to the point: he would face Greg Gauge for the Rising Star Title this Sunday. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 2) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. STEVEN PARKER [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A good opening match. These two put on a technician’s clinic, with Ota coming out on top in most of the exchanges. Oddly, the crowd seemed a bit “hotter” for Steven Parker, but in the end, Ota took Parker down with a Ninja Strike. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 8:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) After the match, Parker went over and shook Ota’s hand. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Angry Gilmore gathered the members of his “Family” around himself and spoke of how they all had their targets for Sunday. Greg would face Ota. Sam would back up Angry as he continued his quest for the title. And Junior would be going after the tag team champions ... with Archangel at her side. Matt seemed a bit surprised but clamped down on a protest. Angry said they would reshape the Alpha brand to their liking. RATING:[COLOR="blue"] B[/COLOR] 5) [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI vs. IRWIN GUTMANN[/B] Jason explained this was a warm-up match for the two of them, that the title wasn’t on the line and there was no time limit. All the same, they put up a clock to time the match, mostly to see if either man could put down the other in less than ten minutes. Irwin looked pretty good out there but Roland was able to frustrate most of his pin attempts. Kristen Pearce screamed at Irwin to get the job done, but he just couldn’t. The clock went past the time limit. Roland paused for a moment to laugh at Irwin and paid for it, eating mat and getting pinned. WINNER: [B]Irwin Gutmann [/B]in 10:21 RATING:[COLOR="blue"] C[/COLOR] 6) Kristen got into the ring and taunted Roland, saying that her client hadn’t gotten the job done tonight but he would on Sunday. She then led Irwin out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. CAMERON VESSEY & CASEY VALENTINE[/B] An okay match. Ash and Casey really shone as they duked it out. Casey even did some flying to counter Ash and Acid II. But in the end, Acid II took out Cameron with an Acid Rain Bomb. WINNERS: [B]Hardcore Legacy [/B]in 8:38 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) Ash and Acid II celebrated their win, only to be ambushed by Angry and Sam. Angry and Sam beat down the rookies pretty badly. Then Angry retrieved a mic and said that Ash and Acid II would have their hands full this Sunday. In all likelihood, they would be facing Sam and Matthew Gauge at “Resurgence.” Angry then revealed that tonight’s main event would be Ernest Youngman facing none other than [I]Il Padrone Arrabiato [/I]for the title. He then turned to Ash and Acid II and said, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And you should pray that I win. For if I don’t, I’ll be taking Matthew’s place in the tag match and I’ll want to take my fury out on someone.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] for the match announcement 9) Archangel was headed for the ring when he came face to face with Matt. Matt demanded to know what was going on. Why was Archangel so intent on going where he didn’t belong. Archangel tried to play dumb, but Matt revealed that Angry told him the truth: Archangel had suggested that he and Junior face the tag champs. Archangel then smiled indulgently and admitted to it. He said that he was inspired by Junior and apparently he could motivate Junior in ways that Matt couldn’t. If they worked well together, that was good, for it would bring glory to the Family, wouldn’t it? Matt didn’t look happy and it didn’t help when Archangel laughed and told him to pay attention to the next match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) [B]MARC du BOIS & JOEY MINNESOTA vs. ARCHANGEL & JUNIOR[/B] Junior apparently doesn’t play well with others. First bad chemistry with Matt, now with Archangel as well. Oh well. It was an okay match as a result. Emma tried to excuse the missed cues between the Family members as nerves, but it was pretty plain that things weren’t clicking. In the end, Archangel beat Marc with a Fall From Grace. WINNERS: [B]Archangel & Junior [/B]in 8:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) Angry Gilmore was watching the monitor and then took a deep breath. He then left the locker room... ... only to come face to face with Wolf Hawkins and Aaron Andrews. Wolf and Aaron were not happy. They pointed out that all Angry had done since taking over the Alpha brand was focus on himself and his stupid Family. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s fine, I get it,” [/COLOR]Aaron said. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “But you’ve lest a large chunk of ‘Resurgence’ unbooked.”[/COLOR] Wolf was less charitable. He railed against Angry’s selfishness. Angry tried to escape, but he was intercepted by Joey Minnesota and Marc DuBois. They were none too pleased about being used as cannon fodder and demanded more respect. Angry solved things by vaguely saying that everyone standing there would face each other on Sunday. When the four of them looked at each other, he escaped. Jason said it was the dumbest booking strategy he had ever heard. Emma said it’d all make sense soon. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 12) Ernest Youngman came out to the ring. He looked at the crowd with contempt. He then said that he seemed to be popular. Angry tonight, Davis in the future, Primus Allen breathing down everyone’s necks. But was he scared? Not in the least. Because he was King Midas. He would turn this crap into gold as well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 13) [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) vs. ANGRY GILMORE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] I’m a bit stumped by this one. The crowd was dead over it. Maybe they were sick of Angry too. Once again, King Midas shone throughout the match but Angry dragged him down. In the end, though, Ernest took out Angry with a Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 12:20 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] Jason and Emma rand down the card for “Resurgence” -- [B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c) vs. IRWIN GUTMANN for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR]) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. ANGRY GILMORE & SAM KEITH [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR]) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA vs. AARON ANDREWS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. GREG GAUGE for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. WOLF HAWKINS [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR]) [B]DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) vs. ARCHANGEL & JUNIOR for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/B]([COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR]) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c) for [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] [/B]([COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR]) [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not as good as I hoped, but we did get a rating of 34.75. FINAL RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Blade’s Edge[/I][/U] [I]Fumihiro Ota (c) defeated Steven Parker to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Irwin Gutmann defeated Roland Lebowski [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Hardcore Legacy defeated Casey Valentine & Cameron Vessey [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Archangel & Junior defeated Marc du Bois & Joey Minnesota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman (c) defeated Angry Gilmore [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] If you plan to make any predictions or comments, feel free. Just be aware that [I]Firestorm[/I] will be posted before "Resurgence." Not that that should alter or color your predictions in any way, but just thought I'd let you know.

[B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c)[/B] vs. IRWIN GUTMANN for the MWA 10 Minute Championship HARDCORE LEGACY vs. [B]ANGRY GILMORE & SAM KEITH[/B] JOEY MINNESOTA vs. [B]AARON ANDREWS[/B] [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c)[/B] vs. GREG GAUGE for the MWA Rising Star Title (C) [B]MARC du BOIS [/B]vs. WOLF HAWKINS DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c) vs. [B]ARCHANGEL & JUNIOR [/B]for the MWA Tag Team Championship DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship

[B]ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c)[/B] vs. IRWIN GUTMANN for the MWA 10 Minute Championship HARDCORE LEGACY vs. [B]ANGRY GILMORE & SAM KEITH[/B] [B]JOEY MINNESOTA[/B] vs. AARON ANDREWS [B]FUMIHIRO OTA (c)[/B] vs. GREG GAUGE for the MWA Rising Star Title (C) MARC du BOIS vs. [B]WOLF HAWKINS[/B] [B]DES DAVIDS & BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH (c)[/B] vs. ARCHANGEL & JUNIOR for the MWA Tag Team Championship DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. [B]ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]MWA [I]Firestorm[/I][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Sienna"]Live on CBA; Replayed on Japanese Sports Vision 2 & UK Broadcasting Digital[/COLOR] [I]Thursday of Week 3, August 2014[/I] Held at Wisconsin Gardens in the Great Lakes Territory 7,659 in attendance[/CENTER] Ana Garcia and I welcomed the audience to the show. 1)[B] LAUREN EASTER vs. AGENT 69 [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] I played this up as Agent 69, a founding member of the MWA, against Lauren Easter, a promising women’s competitor. And the match did not disappoint. Lauren and Agent 69 put on a great show that really proved that the women could hang with the men. But in the end, Lauren took Agent 69 out with a Belly to Belly suplex. WINNER: [B]Lauren Easter [/B]in 9:41 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 2) Lauren celebrated her win by going post to post and raising the new belt over her head. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 3) Joel Kovach came out to the ring and mocked Jay Chord. He said that Jay made it to the ring with him only to bail out? It was stupid! It was foolish. It proved what everyone else knew: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Jay Chord just wants to skate on his last name. He expects all the rest of us to bow down because of who his daddy is. Not gonna happen, Jay. Not gonna happen.”[/COLOR] The big screen lit up with Jay’s scowling face. He said Joel had it all wrong. He quit because he was distracted. It turns out, Nemesis had booked Jay in a match for this very night against Alicia Strong. Nemesis sprung this before Jay’s match with Joel last week. And he didn’t consider it fair to beat Joel in his distracted state. He wanted to give Joel his entire attention. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Arthur Dexter Bradley came out to the ring. He explained that he had a match in just a little while but he wanted to take care of some business first. He challenged Joey Beauchamp to a rematch. Joey came out and accepted the challenge. Before he could leave, though, ADB called him back. When Joey turned around, ADB approached him with a folding chair. Joey cringed, but ADB set it up and urged Joey to take a seat and watch the match. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the response; [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] for the chair set-up 5) [B]ARTHUR DEXTER BRADLEY vs. LEAD BELLY[/B] Holy cow. Did not expect this, but it’s a nice surprise. ADB and Lead Belly put on a spectacular match, really top drawer. The only drawback is that they no-sold each other’s offense at times. Even the crowd seemed surprised as ADB and Lead Belly took the fight through and around the ring. Lead Belly wound up busted open but actually seemed poised to take it all, but then ADB powered through and put him away with a Frog Splash. WINNER: [B]Arthur Dexter Bradley [/B]in 8:44 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] 6) ADB staggered around the ring as the ref raised his hand in victory. And that’s when Joey charged in and used the chair to lay Arthur out. I had to hesitantly admit that ADB set himself up for that one. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring with the American Championship belt. He held it aloft and said that the losers in the Garden were lucky tonight. They would witness his victory celebration. He groused that no one in MWA management had seen fit to help set up this party, so he took the liberty to prepare a video tribute to himself. He ordered the morons in the back to play the footage. And there it all was, highlights from past MWA shows and even some highlights from the old MAW (thanks to Gil’s help). Lots of title celebrations, lots of dominating power moves, and ... getting pinned? The footage broke down, jumping from images of Mean Jean as Serene Jean to random shots of him being humiliated. Again, this spanned his years with both the MWA and MAW. It ended with footage of his debut match, where he was not only pinned but pantsed. When the camera cut back to the ring, Mean Jean was furious. He demanded to know who did that. Out came Zimmy Bumfhole. Zimmy told Jean to relax. He said that he had been observing Jean backstage and he’s worried about him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You’ve got that rod crammed so far up your rear that I think only a massive dose of laxatives could get rid of it.”[/COLOR] Jean threw a fit, saying that Zimmy was only jealous of his achievements. Zimmy disagreed and said that wasn’t possible. Jean then threw down the title and charged Zimmy and the two wound up brawling at the entrance ramp. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 8) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Been a while since we’ve seen this. Still always good. Alicia and Jay put on another legendary match. They took each other to some very impressive heights and either looked poised to take the win. But in the end, Jay ducked an attempted Strong Interaction and snared Alicia, dropping her with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 10:26 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] 9) Jay celebrated his win, only to have Joel Kovach charge out of the back. Jay immediately bailed, laughing at Joel as he escaped up the ramp. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) Chance Fortune ranted backstage about how Primus stole his title shot opportunity. He claimed that Primus had cheated, that it hadn’t been a fair match-up, that... Primus Allen appeared and cut him off in mid-rage. He said that if he thought something was fishy about the end of the match, he was welcome to try again. Primus challenged him to a rematch and said he’d even put his #1 Contendership on the line. Chance swallowed hard but agreed, promising to not only take away Primus’s title shot but his streak as well. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] for the ranting; [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] for the challenge 11) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. THE SILENCER[/B] The Silencer seemed pretty happy, leading me to speculate that he was still celebrating what happened to Liberty. That, and the newcomer apparently thought that J-Ro would be easy pickings. She proved harder to beat that he expected. While he took it easy on her in the easy goings, Joanne didn’t hold anything back. As a matter of fact, she took him out pretty quickly with a J-Rocker, so fast that the Silencer looked a bit stunned. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 4:26 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] 12) Sergeant Bubba Lee West charged the ring and attacked J-Ro from behind. The Silencer recovered and joined the beat down before they slammed Joanne onto the mat with a Reveille Has Sounded. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) [B]PRIMUS ALLEN vs. CHANCE FORTUNE [/B]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Must have used this one once too many. The crowd simply didn’t pop as hard for it as they did last week. It was still a great match. Chance did everything he could to bring Primus down, but nothing he tried worked. In the end, Primus added to his streak with a Running Powerslam. WINNER: [B]Primus Allen [/B]in 15:13 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We peaked too early. We got a rating of 22.92. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last episode of [I]Firestorm[/I][/U] Lauren Easter (c) defeated Agent 69 to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Women’s Championship[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Lead Belly - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] Jay Chord defeated Alicia Strong - [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] Joanne Rodriguez defeated the Silencer - [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] Primus Allen defeated Chance Fortune to remain [COLOR="red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] - [COLOR="blue"]A[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE] And for those of you waiting to make predictions after [I]Firestorm[/I], now's the time.

[CENTER][I]MWA presents...[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I]Sunday of Week 3, August 2014[/I] Held at Utah Park Reservation in the South West Territory 15,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT!; Buy-rate of 2.44[/CENTER] Jason Azaria and Emma Chase welcomed the audience to the show. 1) A graphic reminded the fans that tonight’s main event was Davis Wayne Newton taking on Ernest Youngman for the MWA World Heavyweight Championship. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] 2) Speaking of the champ, he appeared on screen and said that after all the craziness, the temper tantrums thrown by Angry Gilmore, the imminent threat of Primus Allen, it would all come down to whatever happened in the ring against Davis. Ernest hesitated, and then quietly admitted that he was nervous. Davis was a fierce competitor in the ring, the Triple Threat, one of the youngest people to hold the old MWA Grand Championship... ... but then he brightened and laughed, saying he wasn’t worried after all. He was the youngest person to hold the MWA World Heavyweight Championship and he didn’t think anyone could stop him. Definitely not Davis. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 3) [B]MARC du BOIS vs. WOLF HAWKINS[/B] Even Jason had to admit that, while this match had been thrown together at the last minute by Angry Gilmore, it turned out to be a good one. Wolf and Marc tore up the ring, getting the crowd to pop on numerous occasions. In the end, though, it was Wolf’s high-speed style that carried him through. He finally put Marc down with a Full Moon Rising. WINNER: [B]Wolf Hawkins [/B]in 20:01 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 4) Angry Gilmore and Sam Keith appeared on screen and warned the members of Hardcore Legacy that they were in for a rough ride tonight. They weren’t going to hold anything back and in the end, they would destroy them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5)[B] ROLAND LEBOWSKI (c) vs. IRWIN GUTMANN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship[/COLOR] Solid match out of these two. Nothing to write home about but still, a decent match considering who was in it. Irwin tried to power his way through to an early victory but Roland was cagey enough to avoid most of the devastating power moves. What few caught him resulted in near falls. In the end, Roland got Irwin to tap out to a Boston Crab. WINNER: [B]Roland Lebowski [/B]in 6:37 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 6) Now Archangel and Junior sounded off, warning Des Davids and Bulldozer Brandon Smith that their reign as the tag champs were coming to an end. They would be bringing gold home to the Family tonight! As they spoke, Archangel got closer and closer to Junior and, at the end, put his arm around her. She seemed a bit startled but then a wistful smile tugged at her lips. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] 7) Ash Campbell and Acid II were getting ready for their match when the door to their locker room opened. In walked Nemesis. When Ash asked if his dad should be there, Nemesis responded that he should. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Angry’s control of the company ends tonight and I wanted to be here to make sure he didn’t try any funny stuff.”[/COLOR] Nemesis then wished “his boys” luck in their match, encouraging them to go out and show Angry and Sam what hardcore truly meant. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) [B]HARDCORE LEGACY vs. ANGRY GILMORE & SAM KEITH[/B] An okay match, probably hampered by the faces’ lack of overness (and lack of skill in some areas). Sam really sparkled in this match and, once again, the fans seemed pretty much behind him. Ash and Acid II put in a great fight, one that seemed to take Angry by surprise. As a matter of fact, Angry didn’t seem ready for the fast-paced offense of the Legacy. Sam, on the other hand, didn’t seem to mind. He merely waded into the action, using numerous holds and take-downs to ground both Acid and Ash. And it was Sam who won the match, getting Acid II to tap out to the Proton Lock. WINNERS: [B]Angry Gilmore & Sam Keith [/B]in 12:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 9) Archangel was watching the previous match and cheered as Acid II tapped out. He nodded and commented to himself that things were off to a good start for the evening. He turned to leave but found himself face-to-face with Matthew Gauge. Matt said he knew what Archangel was up to and he didn’t appreciate it. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Nobody touches my woman!”[/COLOR] he bellowed. Archangel smiled wryly and observed, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Then she’s in the wrong business, Matt.”[/COLOR] Matt ignored the jab. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know you helped us get away from Joel. I appreciate your skill. And yes, I might see the wisdom in having you and Junior go after the tag champs. But you watch yourself. I don’t want you ruining what I have.”[/COLOR] Archangel laughed at him. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Are you serious? Last time I checked, you aren’t married to her and you haven’t tried to change that, at least, not since Joel and I busted up your nuptials a few months back...”[/COLOR] This descended into a further argument, with Matt accusing Archangel of “liking” Junior and Archangel evading the question although dropping some major hints that he didn’t “dislike” her either. Matt finally stormed away, leaving Archangel to smile after him and walk off too. What neither of them realized was that after they both walked away, Junior was revealed to be standing around a corner, her eyes wide. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 10) [B]JOEY MINNESOTA vs. AARON ANDREWS[/B] And we seem to be slipping a bit. It was an okay match but I thought these two would have done better. But after a pretty average brawl, Aaron would up with the win after a Flying Body Press. WINNER: [B]Aaron Andrews [/B]in 14:28 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 11) A video played, hyping the feud between Ernest Youngman and Davis Wayne Newton. It prompted Jason to proclaim that he couldn’t wait for the main event! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 12) [B]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH & DES DAVIDS (c) vs. ARCHANGEL & JUNIOR [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Titles[/COLOR] I thought overbooking this one would help cover up the obvious flaws. No such luck. It probably didn’t help that this was a heel vs. heel match. Lots of brawling and Archangel wound up getting busted open courtesy of Des Davids. Once again, the announcers tried to play off the bad timing and teamwork between Double-A and Junior as Junior being distracted, but it wasn’t quite enough. At one point, referee Shane Stones was knocked out for a moment or two. That prompted Bulldozer to toss Des a chair. Des used it to smack Junior over the head and then he wedged the chair in-between two of the ropes. He set Junior up and stalked her, obviously going to spear her into the chair. Archangel dove into the ring and shoved Junior out of the way. He wound up getting speared into the chair. Des seemed surprised at what happened but shrugged it off and got rid of the evidence. He beat on Archangel a bit more while Smith roused Shane. Archangel kicked out and the match continued, with the announcers commenting that it was only a matter of time before Archangel would go down. But then Junior hot-tagged her way into the ring again and started to clean house, leading Emma to predict that Junior would win the match for her team. But then Smith and Des took her down and, while Stones protested loudly, they carried her out of the ring and started to clear off the announce table. It soon became clear that they were going to hand the win but not the titles to the Family as they set Junior up for a double-team move that would put her through the table. That’s when Matt Gauge charged out of the back and attacked them, getting them to drop Junior. Stones had had enough and immediately called for the bell, declaring the tag champs the winners (since they never actually put Junior through the table and Matt did attack them). WINNERS: [B]Des Davids & Bulldozer Brandon Smith [/B]by DQ in 14:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Backstage, Angry Gilmore found Greg Gauge and told him that this was his last chance. He had to win the Rising Star Title or he would be punished. Greg took the talk to heart and started for the ring. That’s when Archangel and Junior stumbled into the room, Matt hot on their heels. Junior berated Matt for what he did. Angry asked what was going on, and Junior informed him that they had lost their match because of Matt’s interference. Angry was not happy about that. He lit into Matt as well, saying that it was clear that Matt did not trust his judgment. Because he was not channeling his rage properly, Angry would have to fix things. He disbanded Junior and Archangel as tag partners but also forbade Matt from tagging with Junior as well. He then told Matt how disappointed he was. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“My true followers would have taken their misplaced jealousy and turned it into anger, anger that would make the Family stronger. Instead, you have weakened it.”[/COLOR] With that, Angry stormed off. Matt did too, but not before shooting a dirty look at Archangel. Junior stayed by her former partner’s side and tried to help him get cleaned up. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the psyching; [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the confrontation 14) A video played, hyping the feud between Fumihiro Ota and Greg Gauge. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15)[B] FUMIHIRO OTA (c) vs. GREG GAUGE [/B]for [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Great match. I’m not quite as worried anymore about this show, although I know we’ll take a minor beating in terms of final rating. Greg was focused and angry, shrugging off much of Ota’s offense and tried to bring down Ota and cripple him in the process. But Ota managed to stay one step ahead of Greg for most the match, only getting caught in the Proton Lock once. But since he was right next to the bottom rope, it didn’t last long. In the end, Greg once again wound up getting pinned after a Ninja Strike took him down. WINNER: [B]Fumihiro Ota [/B]in 12:41 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 16) Davis Wayne Newton appeared on screen and said that the time had finally come. He would shut Ernest Youngman up once and for all by taking away his precious belt. And then he would go on to face Primus Allen and show to the world why every wrestler had to fear the Triple Threat. And then Greg Gauge raged into camera range, clearly upset over his loss. Davis told him to get lost, that he was doing something here. Greg got in Davis’s face and warned him off, saying that Davis didn’t want to mess with the Family or with Greg. Davis shrugged and then took Greg out with a quick short-arm clothesline. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] for the promo; [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] for the rage 17) We went back to ringside where Jason and Emma were starting a discussion on who would emerge victorious tonight when they were interrupted by familiar entrance music. Out to the announce table came Primus Allen himself. Jason welcomed Primus to the booth, only to have Emma complain that he was on the wrong brand. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 18) [B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs. ERNEST YOUNGMAN (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] Phenomenal match. These two really redeemed the night by putting on a spectacular match. There was a lot of trash talking in the early going, but then Davis took it to the next level with a big shove. Ernest shoved back, only to wind up down and almost in an STF, one that he somehow managed to wriggle out of. And so it went. Emma continued to complain about Primus’s presence, especially when it became clear that Ernest was keeping one eye on the Omega challenger. Jason said that was Ernest’s own fault, especially since Davis didn’t seem affected by it at all. For his part, Primus seemed more focused on watched the action than in commenting on it. There were lots of near falls and one point where both Davis and Ernest wound up brawling around the ring so long that they were almost counted out by referee Shane Stones. But one thing became clear as the match wore on: they were evenly matched. Neither man would be able to claim a decisive victory. But, in the end, Davis went for a Fisherman’s Suplex, only to have Ernest somehow break the hold in mid-move and roll through. When Davis got to his feet, he got kicked in the gut and then ate mat courtesy of a Good Die Young. WINNER: [B]Ernest Youngman [/B]in 36:57 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]A*[/COLOR] 19) Ernest got the mic after retrieving his belt and leaned on the ropes. He met Primus’s eyes and mocked him, saying that he would have to face King Midas in a month. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And you won’t just lose the match. You’ll lose your streak as well!”[/COLOR] Primus seemed to shrug it off but then charged over the announce table and hit the ring, brawling with Ernest. In the end, the champ wound up slammed into the mat via a Running Powerslam. Primus the picked up the belt and held it aloft as if he had just won it. The crowds loved it. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Not too bad overall. Not as good as I would have liked, but not awful either. And apparently “Resurgence” is now an “above average” event too. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Resurgence”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Wolf Hawkins defeated Marc du Bois [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B+[/COLOR] [I]Roland Lebowski (c) defeated Irwin Gutmann to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA 10 Minute Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Angry Gilmore & Sam Keith defeated Hardcore Legacy [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Aaron Andrews defeated Joey Minnesota [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Bulldozer Brandon Smith & Des Davids defeated Archangel & Junior by DQ and so retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Fumihiro Ota (c) defeated Greg Gauge to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [I]Ernest Youngman (c) defeated Davis Wayne Newton to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA World Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]A*[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Archived