MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[QUOTE=JonnyV1;187707]But I guess story wise, that wouldn't make sense as Tommy and Richard don't like you.[/QUOTE] That is one of the constraints I've put on myself. I probably could finagle a working arrangement with TCW, but given the backstory for the diary, it's unlikely that Tommy Cornell would want to play nice with me. Just makes it all the more interesting for me. :D

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“On the Road”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Friday of Week 1, November 2010[/I] Held at the Ohio Jewish Center in the Great Lakes Territory 300 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet fans to the Ohio Jewish Center. 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. STEVE FLASH[/B] Some of the crowd had obviously heard the news about Steve’s new job and they were kind of pumped to see Izaak and he lock up for the last time. It was a great match that really showcased what the MWA was all about. Izaak and Steve tore up the ring like it was the main event. Steve scored two near falls in quick succession, but in the end, Izaak delivered a devastating sit-down powerbomb that rocked the ring. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 11:19 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Steve got up and hugged Izaak. He held up Izaak’s hand in victory, only to have Izaak shake it off and then hold up Steve’s arm. They hugged again. The crowd actually seemed to care a little. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 3) The big screen lit up with a reminder of what our main event was going to be: second generation wrestler Jay Chord was going to be given a shot at the MWA Grand Championship against Ultimate Phoenix. I added on commentary that Mean Jean Cattley has been barred from ringside to make sure that this match ends cleanly this time. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 4) The big screen then revealed Jay Chord backstage stretching out for his match. He turned, only to find Ash Campbell glaring at him. When Jay demanded to know what was wrong, Ash went on a tirade. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I thought we were friends, and yet, here you are, going after Phoenix on your own. What ever happened to the idea of working together to show the wrestling world what we have?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, come off it!”[/COLOR] Jay retorted. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You saw what happened to us two weeks ago! We got beaten by Debbie Rose and Kate Lilly! We should have been able to handle them easily and we stunk up the joint! Obviously it’s not a good idea for us to keep tagging if that’s going to happen. Besides, we both know whose fault it was we lost.”[/COLOR] Ash stared at him, stunned. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You think it’s my fault?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Of course it was! And I should have seen it coming. Let’s face it, the only reason your dad is famous at all is because he takes chair shots well. At least my father became a legend because of skill, not as a side-show freak.”[/COLOR] Ash took a step closer, then forced a “friendly” smile to his lips. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You think I’m the weak link? Fine, let’s find out for sure when we’re back in Minnesota. See you then, chuckles.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) Delirious Dan was walking backstage toards the ring when he rounded a corner and came face to face with Playboy Jake Sawyer and Kashmir Singh. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ah, Daniel,” [/COLOR]Sawyer said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I just wanted you to know, Kashmir and I are so very happy for your return to the limelight. We think it’s simply wonderful that you have risen to the top again, and we are particularly honored that Kashmir will be your last opponent in the MWA. And to mark this momentous occasion, we have a special going-away present for you. Don’t we, dear boy?”[/COLOR] Dan turned to look at Kashmir, who smiled big ... and then smashed Dan over the head with a fire extinguisher. He laid the boots to Dan and then grabbed him by the heel and dragged him out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]F+[/COLOR] 6) [B]DELIRIOUS DAN vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Dan never recovered from the initial assault. Kashmir pretty much had his way with him, tossing him around the ring before slapping him into a submission move that caused Dan to pass out from the pain. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 7:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Ash Campbell was storming through the back when he rounded a corner and came face to face with Mean Jean Cattley. Mean Jean started laughing and when Ash demanded to know what was so funny, Mean Jean said he was. He said that Nemesis was a legend in professional wrestling and that Mean Jean expected his son would be more ... well, impressive. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“No, that’s not the right word,” [/COLOR]Mean Jean said, then considered it. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “I expected Nemesis’s son to be ... well, you know ... a man, not some pipsqueak little nothing that gets beaten by a pair of women his first night out.”[/COLOR] Ash stepped in real close and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Really? And I’ve heard about you as well, Mean Jean Cattley. You’re the guy who dragged MAW down and ruined them and then botched your only shot at the big time with matches so lousy that you never got noticed. If anyone should be pitied around here, it’s you, not me.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Is that a fact?” [/COLOR]Mean Jean said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You may talk a good game, but let’s see what you’ve actually got, kid. Seeing as Scapino’s made a stupid mistake yet again by giving a title shot to someone else, I’m free.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sounds great,” [/COLOR]Ash retorted, then shoved his way past Mean Jean. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 8) Robert Oxford came out to ringside and found me. He said that he really appreciated the fact that I had booked him in a match for the tag titles tonight but he said what he really wanted was another shot at Bret Starr. He wanted to know if I could see my way clear to changing his match. I told him that was out of the question. Oxford did not seem happy about that. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]LILLY & ROSE (c) vs. ROBERT OXFORD & THOMAS MORGAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match. For once, Debbie and Oxford weren’t worn out by the end of the match. Thomas and Oxford made for an interesting team up. Morgan seemed to be the wiry, quick moving assaulter while Oxford worked more as the slow-moving but hard-hitting brute. They worked that combination well, isolating Debbie Rose and working her over, making sure she couldn’t make it to her corner. But then Debbie managed to break away and brought in Kate. Kate cleaned house before finally taking down Thomas with a Lilly Launching Pad. WINNERS: [B]Lilly & Rose [/B]in 10:29 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) Robert looked frustrated at the loss. That frustration turned to rage when he realized that Bret Star was standing at the ring entrance and was laughing at him. Oxford rolled out of the ring and stomped down the aisle, catching Bret and slamming him around before powerbombing him through a stack of tables. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 11) Backstage, Joanne Rodriguez was confronted by Steven Parker, who mocked her for wanting to face him once again. He asked her if she hadn’t had enough humiliation. J-Ro pointed out that Parker really hadn’t humiliated her, that he’s only made a fool out of himself for needing to cheat so much to take down a “little girl”. She said that she’d be interested to see what silly tricks he’d have to pull if he wanted to beat her tonight. Parker, enraged, informed her that tonight, he’d leave all the tricks behind and beat her fair and square, 1-2-3. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Mean Jean and Ash had great chemistry in the ring together and the crowd noticed and responded well. Ash was a bit hesitant in the early going, almost as if he were unsure of what he was doing. The Rev commented on it by saying, “That’s wise. When you’re just starting in this industry, it’s good to be cautious, especially when facing someone for the first time.” Mean Jean noticed his caution as well and capitalized on it, trying to humiliate him more than pin him. It was the usual routine: knocking him down and tousling his hair, lightly slapping him instead of punching him. Then Ash fired back with a drop kick that took Mean Jean down and wiped the smirk off his face. Ash capitalized with a running basement drop kick and tried for the pin, only to have Mean Jean kick out right away and glare at him. The kid gloves came off at that point. Ash relied on speed to try and stay ahead of Mean Jean for most of the match while Mean Jean tried to slow the younger man down with holds and some solid mat work. But in the end, Ash managed to drop Mean Jean with a hurricanrana, followed up by a picture perfect Shooting Star Press. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 11:40 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 13) A video played on the big screen, showing highlights from the previous matches between Joanne Rodriguez and Steven Parker, mostly emphasizing how Parker cheated to win most of them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 14) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] It was clear throughout most of the match that Steven had to struggle to keep from taking shortcuts. It was also clear that J-Ro was going out of her way to offer him those advantages. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s almost like she wants him to beat her by cheating,”[/COLOR] the Rev commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “That doesn’t seem too bright.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But it would prove her point about his abilities,” [/COLOR]I observed. Steven managed to control his baser impulses and refused the opportunities that presented themselves. They put on a great technical show that really got the crowd involved. In the end, Parker surprised everyone by beating J-Ro with a Future Shock. WINNER: [B]Steven Parker [/B]in 12:17 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15) Parker got the mic and taunted J-Ro as she limped toward the back. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“How about that? I beat you fair and square! So what does that say about you, woman? I think the best thing you can do right now is tuck your tail between your legs and get back in the kitchen where you belong!”[/COLOR] Joanne tried to go back to continue the fight, but Jez MacArthuer wouldn’t let her. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 16) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX (c) vs. JAY CHORD [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Even though Jay and Phoenix didn’t click in the ring, this still proved to be the best match of the night. Unlike Ash, Jay seemed very comfortable in the ring. He launched the first attack, trying to take Phoenix down quickly. He even scored a pinfall within the first minute, but Phoenix kicked out before Jez could even count to one. He regarded Jay with a measure of respect. Jay merely shrugged. They locked up again but this time, it was Jay who would up eating mat as Phoenix dropped him and went for the pin. Jay also kicked out very quickly and stared at Phoenix in shock. Phoenix merely shrugged, an almost perfect imitation of Jay’s posture and attitude. The match was on from there. Both men laid it all on the line and traded some pretty spectacular blows. Jay managed to get two more pinfalls on Phoenix, while the champ had trouble even picking up one on the challenger. But in the end, Phoenix was able to block an attempted cradle-DDT (“Just like his father used to do,” the Rev commented) and reversed it, smashing Jay to the mat. He then nailed the Phoenix Firebird Splash for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 25:58 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 17) Ultimate Phoenix celebrated his win, but then Mean Jean charged the ring and attacked him, finally knocking him unconscious using the title belt as a weapon. Mean Jean then got on the mic and told the audience that the next time the MWA came through Ohio, Mean Jean would have the title one way or another. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I think Dan was a little upset with the way I jobbed him out on his last match. Granted I gave Steve Flash a little more dignity in leaving the MWA, but c’mon! I made Dan who he is, and this is how he thanks me for my troubles? At any rate, Kashmir Singh was a little overused, but the show was well received overall and probably upped our popularity. It’ll be interesting to see what this show does to our finances, though. We may not be able to do this all that often if it drains us too quickly. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results for [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Steve Flash -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Delirious Dan -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Lilly & Rose (c) defeated Thomas Morgan & Robert Oxford to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Steven Parker defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix (c) defeated Jay Chord to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] Oddly enough, nothing worth noting happened between “On the Road” and our next show. TCW snatched up a lot of talent to fill in the holes in their roster, that’s about it. We took a financial beating on the “On the Road” show. We lost $16,750 in spite of the sold out crowd. Just as an experiment, I upped the ticket prices on all our shows by three dollars. We’ll see if the higher prices keep people away. Our last couple of shows at the Junkyard have consistently brought in 950 fans; if there’s a significant drop, I’ll know I raised things too much. Hopefully this extra amount will cushion what’s likely going to be a lean couple of months. It would have been nice if we could have gotten a Pay-Per-View deal. Even a small one could have financed our forays into the other territories. Oh well. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“Field of Honor”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] this Friday at the Junkyard![/CENTER] Featuring... [B][I]Ultimate Phoenix vs. Mean Jean Cattley II [/I][/B]– Ultimate Phoenix requested this non-title match to beat Mean Jean down. Will it be enough to get Mean Jean off his case? [B][I]Joanne Rodriguez vs. Citizen X [/I][/B]– We haven’t seen much of Citizen X since he and Agent 69 lost the tag titles. Will he have what it takes to make a comeback against J-Ro? [B][I]Ash Campbell vs. Jay Chord [/I][/B]– The newcomers claimed that they were going to create a new legacy for themselves but their unity has quickly fractured. Who will come out on top in this match? [B][I]Joey Poison vs. Kashmir Singh[/I][/B] All this, plus Izaak Tischler will be in action![/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Field of Honor”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Friday of Week 3, November 2010[/I] Held at the Junkyard in the Mid West Territory 820 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Internet fans to the Junkyard. Thankfully, the fans didn’t hear the Rev pointing out that our attendance dropped by over a hundred people. Apparently the new ticket prices were a bit too high. 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. THE AMAZING FIRE FLY[/B] The price was right on this young high flier and given the fact that he was able to put together a solid opening match with Izaak, I’d say we have a keeper. Fly gave the audience a good show before Izaak put him down hard with a twisting neckbreaker. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 9:19 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley appeared on the big screen and basically called Ultimate Phoenix a coward for not putting the title on the line. He asked if Phoenix really believed that a non-title match would be enough to stop him. He told Phoenix that if he did, he was sadly mistaken. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) Another new sign for the promotion, a young man named Davis Wayne Newton, strutted out to the ring and got the mic. He said that he heard the MWA was in trouble, having lost some of our best talent, so he’s come swooping in to save it. He called himself the “Triple Threat” – he had looks, he had charm, he had skill. That’s why the MWA was in good hands from now on ... his. He said he’d prove it against anyone in the back. His self-flattery session was interrupted by Hollywood Bret Starr. Bret informed him that the MWA had lost some workers recently, but we were full up of crazy egomaniacs who think they’re God’s gift to wrestling. He said he would accept the challenge and prove to Newton why he wasn’t needed here. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] for the acceptance 4) [B]HOLLYWOOD BRET STARR vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] A pretty good match. Davis proved his worth as a worker and Bret really played to the crowd. The two of them fought it out but Bret was the one who picked up the win following a Hollywood Hammer. WINNER: [B]Hollywood Bret Starr [/B]in 10:07 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 5) Before Bret could celebrate his win, Robert Oxford charged out and attacked him, beating him pretty much senseless with a leather strap. Oxford then got a mic and leaned over Bret’s form. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’m sick and tired of you young punks coming in here and thinking you’re going to steal all the ring time from those of us who sweated and bled our way to where we are. You think you’re so hot? Let’s see if you can beat me again!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] for the challenge 6) Joey Poison was warming up for his match when Kashmir Singh attacked him from behind, beating him with a steel chair before dragging him out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOEY POISON vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Kashmir dragged Joey out to the ring and tossed him in. He then played with him for about ten minutes. Joey tried to fight back a few times, but he seemed to not really understand where he was or what was going on. At the urging of Playboy Jake Sawyer, Kashmir finally put him down and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 9:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 8) A video played on the big screen, hyping the lineage of both Ash Campbell and Jay Chord, billing the following match as a clash of future champions. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 9) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. JAY CHORD[/B] An okay match for two relative unknowns. The Minnesota crowd seemed a little hesitant to get behind either one of them. They circled each other warily for a few moments before locking up. They traded holds for a while before Ash broke free and ricocheted off the ropes to take Jay off his feet. He tried to go for a quick small package, only to have Jay kick out almost immediately. Jay fired back with a leg sweep and a pinfall attempt of his own. The match was truly on then. Ash took to the air for most of his offense, much to the surprise of the crowd. The Rev reminded folks watching on the Internet that while Nemesis is known for his work in the original DaVE, he was a quick, explosive worker in his younger days. I asked the Rev if he ever fought Nemesis. The Rev said he hadn’t and he was glad. Jay, for his part, seemed to be able to read Ash’s offense. Many of Ash’s flashier moves didn’t connect. At the same time, though, Jay seemed to have a hard time bringing Ash to a complete halt. Finally, though, he managed to surprise Ash with a school-boy roll-up and held him down with a handful of tights as the ref made the count. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 13:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 10) Joanne Rodriguez came out to the ring and admitted that Steven Parker surprised her earlier this month. She said she didn’t really expect him to take her out cleanly, but she had to admit that he beat her ... that time. She wanted a rematch. Steven Parker came out and answered the challenge: he’d face her again at “Dangerous Days,” our next Minnesotan show. J-Ro said that was great, and then invited Parker to stick around and watch her match against Citizen X, saying that it’d give him a preview of his own future. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E [/COLOR]for the challenge and the response; [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the match hype 11) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. CITIZEN X[/B] Joanne and X really tore things up. The Rev commented that X looked particularly hungry and he couldn’t blame him. He probably wanted to prove that he could beat a woman since he lost his tag titles to Debbie Rose and Kate Lilly. X really did do his best, but in the end, it didn’t prove to be enough. J-Ro took him down with a J-Rocker for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 9:59 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) Steven Parker got into the ring and applauded J-Ro for her effort. She seemed a little surprised by his response, but she bowed to him. He bowed as well ... and then kicked her solidly in the gut. He then beat her savagely, so much so that the crowd started to mumble about it. He finally left her crumpled in a heap on the mat before stalking out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 13) Ultimate Phoenix came out to the ring and said that he was bound and determined to make Mean Jean Cattley pay for his interference and disrespect. He said that he became the MWA Grand Champion, not because of politics or whining, but because of his superior in-ring skill. He said he would remind Mean Jean of why he was the Grand Champion right now! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 14) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY[/B] Not as good as the first time they met, but it was still the best match of the night. Mean Jean seemed to wear the same odd grin throughout the match, which only infuriated Phoenix with each passing moment. The Rev commented that Phoenix should be careful, that his undeniable passion might get the better of him. And it seemed as if the Rev was correct. Phoenix made some stupid mistakes and Mean Jean was able to capitalize on them, making a number of near falls that only made Phoenix more angry. Mean Jean even managed to drop Phoenix with a DDT and, instead of pinning him, tried to remove Phoenix’s mask. Not a good idea. Phoenix came back to life and took the fight to Mean Jean, who seemed genuinely startled by the sudden burst of offense. Phoenix nearly pinned Mean Jean, but he was able to kick out after only two. The frustration began to show again and Mean Jean retook control. But then Mean Jean became too overconfident for his own good. He took an inordinate amount of time after stunning Phoenix to set up the Mood Swing. Before he could fire it off, Phoenix blocked the attempted and slipped out. After firing himself off the ropes and taking Mean Jean down with a clothesline, Phoenix vaulted up the middle rope to hop to the top turnbuckle, twisted in the air and, after barely landing on the turnbuckle, dove down to the mat and nailed the Phoenix Firebird Splash. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 26:03 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] We increased our popularity, but I think the price was too steep. You’d think the extra buck wouldn’t make a difference, but oh well. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Field of Honor”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Amazing Fire Fly [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Hollywood Bret Starr defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix defeated Mean Jean Cattley [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 4, November 2010 -[/I][/B] Well, we’re going to take a loss this month, that’s for sure. I also reduced the prices by a dollar. We’ll see if we can get those hundred fans back. Not only that, but we’re still going to go out on the road. I figure we have a bunch of relative unknowns on very cheap PPA contracts. If we don’t take out the whole roster, we should be able to do some on-the-road shows for not that much. [B][I]Thursday of Week 4, November 2010 -[/I][/B] Whoa! Big news from the SWF! Remo refused to sign a contract extension with them. There have been a few other defections like this (Eddie Peak the most notable), but Remo really surprised me. He said he wanted to work for a bigger promotion. I suspect that means TCW. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, December 2010 - [/I][/B]TCW is back for sure. The main event at “A Little South of Sanity” was apparently one for the books as Enforcer Roberts defended the TCW World Heavyweight Championship against Tommy Cornell in an A-rated match. Yeah, I know. Enforcer Roberts, not only in an A-rated match, but the king of the mountain in TCW? Bizarre.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“On the Road”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I]Friday of Week 1, December 2010[/I] Held at the Colorado Springs Bar in the Mid South Territory 300 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet audience to the show. 1) I got up and into the ring then and thanked the people who braved the Colorado winter weather to come see some great superstars. I said that tonight was special because we were debuting a new title tonight: the MWA Rising Star title. This title was created with the many young workers we have on the roster in mind. I explained that four of tonight’s matches were qualifying bouts for the title, and that the winners of those four matches would then face off one last time tonight ... in a ladder match to determine who got the gold! RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) [B]THE AMAZING FIRE FLY vs. AGENT 69 [/B]in a qualifying match A pretty decent match from these two to kick off the night. Both of them took to the air and put on a match you might expect to see in Mexico somewhere, but the audience really appreciated the athleticism and heart of the two workers. Agent 69 proved she could go toe-to-toe with any other cruiserweight and even took Fire Fly down with an over-the-top plancha that sent both competitors sprawling. In the end, Agent 69 tied Fire Fly up in a submission move: with Fly on face-down on the mat, she wrapped her legs around his neck and then reached over her head to yank his feet down. The Rev was impressed, saying that he hadn’t seen anything quite like that before but that it would be an effective way to put a lot of pressure on both the neck and the back. Fly quickly tapped out. WINNER: [B]Agent 69 [/B]in 12:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 3) Davis Wayne Newton came out next and said that he knew he got off to a rocky start in the MWA, but he was going to turn that around tonight by not only beating Izaak Tischler to make it into the ladder match, but he was going to then win the Rising Star title! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 4) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]in a qualifying match A great match from these two. Izaak played to the crowd a little on his way out to the ring and then, for a moment, paused as if in prayer. He then looked up to the heavens, leading the Rev to speculate that his mind was on Sabbath. If that was the case, Sabbath’s memory really lit a fire under Izaak. Davis was simply overwhelmed by Izaak’s offense. There were a few times when Davis managed to shut Izaak down, but it was only a momentary pause, not an actual shift in momentum. Izaak finally hit a springboard moonsault off the middle rope, taking Davis down and pinning him almost immediately. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 11:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 5) Hollywood Bret Starr came out to the ring. He admitted to a little bit of jealousy that he wasn’t asked to be part of these qualifying matches, but he said that was okay. He said that his mind was too pre-occupied for him to give it his best. He was thinking about Robert Oxford too much. He said he didn’t know why Oxford was going around with such a big chip on his shoulder. He said that Oxford should be proud of the storied career he’s had in the industry and that rather than try to hold back the new stars, he should be encouraging them. He said it was a lesson he learned at the feet of his grandfather, Micky. And, he went on to say, it was a lesson he was more than willing to teach Robert at “Dangerous Days”, our next show in Minnesota. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 6) [B]HOLLYWOOD BRET STARR vs. CITIZEN X[/B] Not the best match from either of these two, but after the two great opening bouts, we probably needed a breather at this point anyway. X did an admirable job trying to take down Bret, but Bret proved to be too cagey to be taken down easily. In the end, X was brought low by a Hollywood Hammer. WINNER: [B]Hollywood Bret Starr [/B]in 10:06 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Backstage, Thomas Morgan was seen giving himself a pep talk. He reminded himself of all his hard work, all the favors he had called in, and now, he figured he was going to get what he truly deserved: his first professional title. He looked up, startled to find he has an audience: Playboy Jake Sawyer. Thomas immediately begins looking around, and Sawyer laughs, reassuring him that Kashmir is engaged in his own unique warm-up rituals so Thomas needn’t worry. He then delivered his own pep talk to Thomas: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Well, my boy, you’re certainly right. This is your first chance at a major title and you should certainly be excited. You can look forward to the accolades, the interviews, your star on the rise, so to speak ... but sadly, that won’t happen tonight.”[/COLOR] Thomas looked confused, but that was quickly replaced by pain as Kashmir attacked him from behind, laying him out with a vicious attack that caused Thomas to curl up in a ball and whimper in pain. Kashmir kicked him for a while before he grinned at Sawyer. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So then, all warmed up, are we?” [/COLOR]Sawyer asked with a grin. When Kashmir nodded, Sawyer motioned to Thomas’s prone form. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “Then let’s get him in the ring and get this over with.”[/COLOR] RATING:[COLOR="Blue"] F-[/COLOR] 8) [B]THOMAS MORGAN vs. KASHMIR SINGH [/B]in a qualifying match Once again, Kashmir had a walk in the park. Thomas was obviously feeling the effects of the backstage beatdown and, as a result, didn’t offer much of a fight. After a very one-sided battle, Kashmir finally put Thomas out of his misery. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 8:07 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Having picked up such an easy victory, Kashmir celebrated in the ring, dancing around and generally acting as if he earned his victory. The crowd responded with an overwhelming wave of apathy. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F-[/COLOR] 10) Marc Speed came out to the ring and delivered a very bland and dry promo, basically saying that I should go ahead and attach his name to the Rising Star Title. He predicted that he’d quickly take down Ash Campbell and make his way to the ladder match. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 11) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. MARC SPEED [/B]in a qualifying match Turns out that Marc and Ash have some pretty good chemistry together and so it really improved the match. The audience sort of perked up for this one after the lull in the middle of the show. Most of the crowd was solidly behind Ash (mostly because of who his father was), but a few of the smarks sided with Marc. Marc put on a great offense, taking control of the match early on and working over Ash’s legs. The Rev commented that was a good strategy, since as we’ve seen from other shows, Ash tends to take to the air for his bursts of offense. It looked like Marc was going to have everything sewn up when Ash suddenly came back to life and put on a burst of offense that really surprised the crowd and Marc. Marc unsuccessfully tried to stop him cold at one point but failed, and the match ended with Ash nailing the Ash 2 Ash. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 10:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 12) While the ring was set up for the main event, a video played, highlighting each of the four participants. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Boy, we got some speedy video editors, don’t we?” [/COLOR]the Rev commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Some of the best in the business,” [/COLOR]I replied, trying not to laugh. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]F[/COLOR] 13) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. ASH CAMPBELL vs. KASHMIR SINGH vs. AGENT 69 [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a ladder match [/COLOR]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Championship[/COLOR] Ash hadn’t quite recovered from his match against Marc and that threw him off. It also led to him getting tired out very quickly. Playboy Jake Sawyer did a good job from ringside, cheering on Kashmir and even attacking Izaak at one point. The match itself was the best of the evening. The audience really sat up and took notice as all four wrestlers put themselves on the line for the title. The first person to go after the title belt was Agent 69, but when Ash started to come up after her, she leapt from the ladder top and delivered a guillotine leg-drop that knocked Ash out of contention for a while. Kashmir resorted to lots of attacks using the ladders that got added to the mix. He too went after the title belt, only to have Izaak kick the ladder out from under him. Speaking of Izaak, he was clearly the star of the match. He took a lot of abuse and got busted open at one point but he refused to stop. The crowd went wild as he crawled up a ladder and pulled down the title belt. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 22:49 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 14) Izaak’s weary celebration was cut short when, much to everyone’s surprise, Mean Jean Cattley rushed the ring with a baseball bat in his hand. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Is he even supposed to be here tonight?” [/COLOR]the Rev cried as Mean Jean rolled into the ring. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“No, but I don’t think he cares right now!” [/COLOR]I replied. Mean Jean used the bat to take apart each of the competitors, smashing them in the gut, the back, anywhere he could. He then retrieved a mic and faced me. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Here’s the deal, Scapino. You and I know I keep getting the raw end of the deal with the MWA Grand Championship. I’m not through with Ultimate Parrot or whatever he calls himself yet, no matter what he thinks. So here’s what you’re going to do: you’re going to book me in the main event at ‘Dangerous Days’ and all your workers here keep breathing.”[/COLOR] I stood up with a mic of my own. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Frankly, Mean Jean, I expected better of you. I don’t know why, but I never though you’d stoop so low as to throw a temper tantrum like this. Forget it! Just go home!”[/COLOR] Mean Jean’s face contorted with rage. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Fine.”[/COLOR] He then smashed Izaak over the head to keep him down. He then set up two ladders and threaded one of Izaak’s legs through the rungs. He then took a step back with the bat and turned to me again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Let’s try this: you either give me my title shot, or I send your new Rising Star to rehab for six to nine months!”[/COLOR] He then wound up with the bat as if he were going to shatter Izaak’s knee. I leapt out from behind the table, my hands up. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“All right! All right! You’ve got your title shot!”[/COLOR] Mean Jean smiled, satisfied. He tossed the bat away and strutted out of the ring, leaving four groaning wrestlers in his wake. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I pretty much overused everyone on this show, so my plan of running the on-the-road shows for cheap might not work. Otherwise, I think we did okay. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Agent 69 defeated Amazing Fire Fly [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Hollywood Bret Starr defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Marc Speed [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Agent 69, Kashmir Singh, and Ash Campbell in [COLOR="Purple"]a ladder match[/COLOR] to capture [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 2, December 2010 -[/I][/B] The SWF’s new TV show, ThrowDown!, debuted last night on East Coast Today. Even though it’s only an hour long and airs at midnight, it still drew a 2.14, which is somewhat respectable (until you consider that “Celebrity Shark Attack” airs on the Pop! Network at the same time and drew more than two times the viewers). Each match was at least a B-, and Joel Kovach was declared the MVP on ProWrestlingHits.com for his match against Runaway Train. [B][I]Thursday of Week 3, December 2010 -[/I][/B] Rumors are flying around ProWrestlingHits.com that Missy Masterson is going to re-sign with the SWF. That just boggles my mind. I know when I was there, Missy got a little snippy when I tried to push her as just a manager. But the SWF currently doesn’t have any women’s wrestling, so right now, Missy is being pushed as a Personality. Same with Katharina Stevanovic and Wanda Fish. You’d think they’d be anxious to jump ship and go somewhere that would let them work, but I guess the lure of guaranteed money is too much. FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE]It’s the last show of the year for the Midwest Wrestling Association. [CENTER]Be sure to catch [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Dangerous Days”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] on Friday of Week 3, December 2010 only at the Junkyard![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler defends the MWA Rising Star Title against Jay Chord Agent 69 vs. Kashmir Singh Alicia Strong vs. Davis Wayne Newton Hollywood Bret Starr vs. Robert Oxford Joanne Rodriguez vs. Steven Parker[/SIZE][/CENTER] And he’s getting another title shot: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Mean Jean Cattley vs. Ultimate Phoenix for the MWA Grand Championship![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I]Friday of Week 3, December 2010[/I] Held at the Junkyard in the Midwest Territory 680 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed everyone to our final show of the year. The Junkyard was only two-thirds full, down again from last month even though I knocked a buck off the ticket price. My guess is we’re experiencing a slump. Just what we need. 1) Things started off with Ultimate Phoenix coming out to ringside. He stormed over to the announce table and demanded to speak with me. He railed against Mean Jean Cattley, saying that it was horrific that I succumbed to his demands. I asked if Phoenix would have preferred it if Mean Jean put Izaak in the hospital. That calmed Phoenix a little but not completely. So I stood up and led him around the corner to show him something. A darkened corner lit up to reveal the sides of a steel cage stacked against one wall. I said that I did make the title shot, but I decided to give it a twist. Mean Jean would have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide tonight since the title defense would happen inside that cage. I suggested that Phoenix get ready to take Mean Jean out of action. Phoenix loved the idea. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c) vs. JAY CHORD [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Whoa! Good start in terms of matches. Izaak and Jay really ripped up the ring out there. Jay put up a good fight, but Izaak was able to bring him down quick and hard, making the pin by blocking and then reversing a DDT. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 5:43 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 3) Izaak got a mic and thanked the crowd for their enthusiasm. He dedicated the previous match to the memory of his brother, Sabbath. He got a little choked up and said that he knew that Sabbath would have been proud of him. He promised to be an honorable champ and then threw open a challenge: anyone who wanted to face him for the Rising Star Title could the next time the MWA went on the road. Davis Wayne Newton came out and said that he would take that challenge. He promised he’d trash Alicia Strong tonight and then come for the Rising Star title. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] for the open challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] for the response 4) Robert Oxford came out to the ring and promised that later tonight, he would wipe the ****y smirk off Hollywood Bret Starr’s face once and for all, teaching him the meaning of respect. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) Agent 69 was getting ready backstage when she turned around and found Playboy Jake Sawyer leering at her. She freaked out and looked around as if expecting an attack. Sawyer laughed off her concern. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“My dear, I know that my client has been a bit ... overzealous in his matches lately, but believe me. I know Mr. Singh well enough to know he would never lay his hands on a woman in an inappropriate time.”[/COLOR] Agent 69 breathed a sigh of relief ... only to get attacked from behind by Kashmir. As Kashmir beat on her for a few minutes, Sawyer leaned in and continued speaking. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Of course, before a match starts is one of those appropriate times, so you see the dilemma he was in.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]F+[/COLOR] 6) [B]AGENT 69 vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] The match was pretty much over before it started. Most of it consisted of Kashmir dragging 69 out to the ring and then tossing her around a bit before pinning her. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 4:08 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Alicia and Davis put together a very strong (if you’ll pardon the joke) match that got the crowd popping. Davis didn’t hold anything back and neither did Alicia. It was mostly a mat-based match, lots of holds and blows. Alicia did throw in a few high-flying moves, but for the most part, it was an evenly-balanced, somewhat slower-paced battle. In the end, Alicia took Davis down and locked in a Camel Clutch, forcing him to tap. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]9:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 8) Hollywood Bret Starr came out to the ring and said that he’s thought about it. He said that first, he was thinking of maybe backing out of the match against Robert Oxford. He said that it was going to end badly for Oxford; he was pretty much guaranteed another loss. But then he said, as much as he may pity “Mr. Oxford”, that wouldn’t stop him from doing his best tonight. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) [B]HOLLYWOOD BRET STARR vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] An okay match. It may have been a bit lower than it should have been, and I’m not quite sure who’s to blame for it. At any rate, Robert was able to take control of the match through sheer power, but his frustration grew as he couldn’t put Bret down and keep him there. The Rev pointed out that Robert was not as spry as he used to be, and sure enough, Robert began to tire out until finally, Bret was able to hit the Starr Maker for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Hollywood Bret Starr [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) A short video hyped the feud that’s been brewing between Joanne Rodriguez and Steven Parker. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 11) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] Once again, their undeniable chemistry really helped them out. Steven seemed to brim with confidence, which only made sense since, as the Rev put it, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“he was ahead on points against J-Ro.” [/COLOR]But Joanne fought back and fought hard, refusing to be pinned even after a few powerful moves. Steven even managed to hit the Future Shock, but J-Ro was able to kick out of it, much to the horror of Parker. The match picked up again and Joanne finally hit the J-Rocker for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 9:01 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) J-Ro’s music started up and she was so excited about her win, she started to dance, grinding on a few of the lucky men in the front row. The Rev informed me that I should avert my eyes. He said he’d let me know when I could look again. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) Mean Jean came out to the ring and, as the crews started putting up the cage, said that he wasn’t worried about this. He said that he had gotten under everyone’s skin over the past year, which is what a good wrestler does. He said that by doing so, he was really in control of everything. He confidently predicted that he would start 2011 with the Grand Championship belt around his waist. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 14) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX (c) vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY [/B]in [COLOR="Purple"]a steel cage [/COLOR]match for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] This one left me puzzled. I really don’t know how to explain it. I thought the match would be pretty good. After that B+ match they had a few months ago, I figured this one would really get the crowd’s attention but honestly, I’m a little stumped as to their reaction. The crowd was pretty much dead. Even as Mean Jean and Phoneix laid it all on the line. Even as Mean Jean got cut open against the steel. Even as Phoenix climbed, not up to the top turnbuckle, but to the top of the cage to try and deliver a Phoenix Firebird Splash ... that MISSED! Even as Mean Jean nailed the Mood Swing and got the pin, the crowd behaved as if they weren’t seeing anything all that spectacular. Weird. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 19:52 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I’m a little disappointed in the main event, but I’m not sure what we can do about it. At least the show should have increased our popularity. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Dangerous Days”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Jay Chord to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Agent 69 [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Hollywood Bret Starr defeated Robert Oxford [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Ultimate Phoenix (c) in [COLOR="Purple"]a cage match [/COLOR]to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

pssst Scap! Steel Cage match is 'Brawl-based'. Ultimate Phoenix's rumble skills......leave much to be desired. Mean Jean's aren't that great either, come to think of it. You'd get a similar result if you put Mean Jean up against Oxford in a TLC match. That's my guess.

If by billing Phoenix before Cattley, you mean the way I post the match titles (i.e. ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY, etc.), no foreshadowing there at all. Just keeping things consistent. I tend to put the face's name first, followed by the heel (or, in the case of a heel/heel or face/face match, who I see as the face first). Keeping in mind that, in the game, I'm about three months ahead of where I am in the diary, Mean Jean's current stats: Brawling: 45.1 Puroresu: 32.0 Hardcore: 10.4 Aerial: 21.1 Flashiness: 16.0 Mat Work: 67.3 Chain Wrestling: 70.4 Submissions: 63.4 Microphone 76.0 Charisma: 79.6 Acting: 68.4 Announcing: 0.0 Athleticism: 69.0 Toughness: 62.0 Stamina: 75.5 Power: 44.0 Basics: 77.8 Psychology: 70.9 Safety: 68.0 Consistency: 92.1 Selling: 55.2 Respect: 52.6 Looks: 30.0 Superstar Quality: 36.0 Intensity: 64.0 Sitffness: 72.0 Resilience: 74.0 Menace: 48.0 Reffing: 0.0 MMA: 0.0

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 3, December 2010 -[/I][/B] Well, it took them long enough. MAW finally made an offer to Jay Chord. I mean, it wouldn’t be MAW without a Chord there, right? [B][I]Sunday of Week 3, December 2010 -[/I][/B] The SWF continues to lose some of its bigger names. Now Chris Caulfield has refused to sign a contract extension. [B][I]Tuesday of Week 4, December 2010 -[/I][/B] And yet Missy Masterson is staying. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, January 2011 -[/I][/B] New Year’s Day dawned too early for my taste. I actually spent the night sitting in the same booth as last year, just to see if anyone would walk in from the cold and throw more money at me. Not this year, apparently. Much to my surprise, the Rev was already waiting in the office when I stumbled in. He took one look at me and started clucking his tongue. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Oh, knock it off,” [/COLOR]I grumbled. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This is sleep deprivation, not a hangover. You know I only drink Coke.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"] “And do you know what that much Coke will do to your blood pressure? Your heart? But I suppose you’ll just let yourself go until the doctors have to prescribe a bunch of meds...”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Too early, no caffeine yet,” [/COLOR]I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“What’d you think of the show?”[/COLOR] The Rev shrugged. I knew he had stayed up to watch Pro Wrestling Hit’s year end review. The big story, of course, was the congressional hearings and the global shake-up, but PWHM still managed to put together their year-end reviews. If last year was the Japanese Invasion, this year was all about Canada. The awards went down like this: [B]WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] Jeremy Stone of NOTBPW [B]YOUNG WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] Matthew Guage [B]VETERAN WRESTLER OF THE YEAR:[/B] Optimus [B]FEMALE WRESTLER:[/B] Crusher Ichichara [B]PROMOTION OF THE YEAR:[/B] The SWF [B]MOST IMPROVED PROMOTION:[/B] UCR [B]MATCH OF THE YEAR:[/B] Sean McFly defeats Jeremy Stone at NOTBPW’s Big City Brawl in January [B]SHOW OF THE YEAR:[/B] NOTBPW Nirvana in November The top three spots of the 100-List belonged to NOTBPW, going to Jeremy Stone, Sean McFly, and Dan Stone, Jr. The first SWF employee listed was Joel Kovach at #21. None of our workers even made the list. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We really need to get the Guages,” [/COLOR]the Rev commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Tell me something I don’t know,” [/COLOR]I replied. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Last time I talked to them, they weren’t interested. They seem pretty content to tour Japan for right now.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Shame,” [/COLOR]the Rev said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“So what’s next for this year?” “Well, hopefully Mean Jean can put together some good matches and make up for the way he won the title,”[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And I have an idea for Robert Oxford that might prove to be kind of fun for a while, we’ll have to see.” “How about Sarge?”[/COLOR] the Rev asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Gonna keep him around?”[/COLOR] I grimaced. According to the doctors’ best guesses, Sarge was still going to be gone for another nine months. His contract would expire in five. Part of me wanted to cut him loose, but at the same time, he wasn’t hurting anything; his contract didn’t have a downside agreement, so we really weren’t paying him anything. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We’ll see what comes up in the next few months,” [/COLOR]I said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Maybe something’ll come along, maybe it won’t.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Fair enough,” [/COLOR]the Rev said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“How’s the financial situation?”[/COLOR] I shrugged. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We lost around $2,000 last month running the two shows. I think I have an idea on how to deal with the On the Roads that should keep us from losing everything. I don’t want to give up on that. The more exposure we get in other territories, the better it’ll be for us.”[/COLOR] The Rev nodded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Sounds good. So the next On the Road’s in what? Four days? I’ll go start packing.”[/COLOR] [B][I]Tuesday of Week 1, January 2011 -[/I][/B] DaVE is clearly our strongest competition. They had a C-rated show that sold out a 2,000 seat arena. If they can keep that up, they’ll be the ones to hit Cult or National before us. It helps that they have Joey Beauchamp as their champ. I considered trying to get him as well, but I fear his salary would be a bit prohibitive. From MWA.com - [QUOTE]The MWA hits the road again and this time, we’re heading to the Delaware Auditorium in the Mid Atlantic Territory! You’ll see Izaak Tischler defend the Rising Star Title against Davis Wayne Newton. Lilly & Rose will defend their tag team championships against Jay Chord & Thomas Morgan Rumor has it Mean Jean Cattley will be there as well! Don’t miss all the exciting action![/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I]Friday of Week 1, January 2011[/I] Held at Delaware Auditorium in the Mid Atlantic Territory 842 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Internet audience to the show. 1) The rumors were true! Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring with the MWA Grand Championship draped over his shoulder. He surveyed the crowd, some of whom were cheering for his return to the Mid Atlantic Territory. He smiled a bit and then got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Shut up! What, you think just because I spent the better part of my career slaving away in Stanley Hall in this God-forsaken territory, I’m going to have all sorts of warm fuzzies for you losers? Think again! “Oh, I’ll admit, the past few months have made me nostalgic. Driving through slums to shows in dilapidated old venues in front of an audience whose collective brain power couldn’t light a match. Yeah, those were the good old days. “And that’s why I came back tonight: to see you losers and remind myself how far I’ve already come, and to spur myself on to keep climbing toward the top so I’ll never have to spend more time in a dump like this than I have to. See you later, losers. Make sure you buy some of my shirts on your way out.”[/COLOR] He tossed down the mic and rolled out of the ring, a chorus of catcalls and boos at his back. The Rev leaned over to me and stage whispered, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“For that we bought him a plane ticket?”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) [B]THE AMAZING FIRE FLY vs. CITIZEN X[/B] I thought these two might hit it off in the ring and produce a jaw dropping opening bout that would really psyche up the crowd. I hate it when I’m wrong. First of all, Fire Fly was off his game tonight. Second, he and X just didn’t click in the ring and it made things a little awkward. There were a few obvious missed spots and things just didn’t mesh. I breathed a sigh of relief when X put Fire Fly down with a Flaming Anarchy for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Citizen X[/B] in 10:09 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 3) Citizen X got on the mic as Fire Fly left the ring and mocked his efforts, saying that if that was the best he could do, he might as well just pack his bags and not bother showing up for any more MWA shows. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]F+[/COLOR] 4) The tag champs came out to the ring with their belts. They waved to the crowd and then got the mics. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know, we haven’t had that much time in the ring lately, but that’s okay. We’re secure enough in who we are so we don’t have to beat everyone up who crosses our paths,” [/COLOR]Kate said. Then Debbie snatched the mic away, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Speak for yourself. Me, I’m looking forward to taking on Thomas Morgan and Jay Chord. They don’t stand a chance against us!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) [B]LILLY & ROSE (c) vs. JAY CHORD & THOMAS MORGAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] An okay match, but Jay Chord really stood out as the star of the match. The crowd ate up the fact that Rip’s son was in their midst. And, for the most part, he did his job admirably (although he did grouse about it backstage). He and Thomas isolated Debbie and basically worked her over pretty badly before Kate was tagged in and finally took Thomas down with a Lilly Launch Pad. WINNERS: [B]Lilly & Rose [/B]in 10:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. MARC SPEED[/B] Just kind of a thrown together match, just to see what shook out. Marc and Ash have good chemistry together, so we may have to feud them in the future. The audience didn’t really get behind them, but it was about how we were doing for the rest of the show. After ten minutes of fighting, Marc took Ash down and got him to submit with a move that looked like he was trying to twist his arm off. WINNER: [B]Marc Speed [/B]in 10:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 7) Davis Wayne Newton came out and thanked the crowd for coming out to see the beginning of his first title reign with the MWA. He said that it was great that Izaak won the ladder match last month, but that the party is over and tonight, he was going to show Izaak how a real wrestler fought. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 8) [B]JOEY POSION vs. HOLLYWOOD BRET STARR[/B] Another match to just see what happened. Joey looked like a star and sold his butt off for Bret, making him look particularly dangerous. Bret finally put Joey away with a Hollywood Hammer. WINNER: [B]Hollywood Bret Starr [/B]in 9:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 9) Izaak Tischler came out to the ring and once again dedicated his match to his brother. And I noticed that the crowd simply didn’t care. Time for Izaak to freshen himself up a little. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 10) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c) vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] This match probably saved the show. Davis and Izaak really tore it up, treating the crowd to a match unlike any they had seen so far. Lots of technical mat work with enough hard-hitting moves thrown in to get the crowd gasping. Davis even took to the air a few times, allowing the Rev to hype up the fact that Davis is a triple threat when it came to wrestling. But Izaak’s heart proved to be the deciding factor. Even after everything Davis threw at him, Izaak simply wouldn’t stay down. He finally fought back hard enough and used a vicious looking swinging-neckbreaker to finally put Davis away. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 19:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Fire Fly, Davis, and Izaak were overused apparently, but we probably upped our popularity in the territory, so it’s not all bad. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] From MWA.com - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Citizen X defeated Amazing Fire Fly [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Lilly & Rose (c) defeated Thomas Morgan & Jay Chord to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Marc Speed defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Hollywood Bret Starr defeated Joey Poison [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Davis Wayne Newton to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Rising Star Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Friday of Week 3, January 2011 -[/I][/B] Things were getting set up in the Junkyard for our first show back in the Garrison. I felt pretty confident about 2011. We stumbled a bit in the previous year and the whole “Extreme Deluxe” scandal didn’t help matters any. But hopefully, by this time next year, we’d be in a much better position popularity wise. Maybe our third “On the Rise” would actually be on Pay-Per-View. I watched as the boys (and girls) filed in, checking their match assignments. I gritted my teeth. I liked all of our wrestlers; the problem was, none of them had a big-name draw power. For a moment, I considered contacting Richard Eisen and hammering out a working arrangement. I could just imagine Yoshimi Mushashibo storming into the Garrison to wreck up the joint or Sam Keith coming in to teach some of the younger technicians what it means to make someone tap. But it would never work. For starters, Richard probably wouldn’t greet a call from me with any amount of enthusiasm. For another, our deal with NOTBPW resulted in those horrendous matches with Enygma. I doubted that many of the people on the SWF roster would agree to job to our workers. If only there were some way... My eyes grew wide as a thought struck me. Why hadn’t I realized it before? Would it even be possible? I ran to my office and logged on to ProWrestlingHits.com. I sifted through the news stories. There it was. I couldn’t believe my eyes. With a shaking hand, I flipped through my address book and finally found the number I was looking for. I dialed and waited. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hello? What say you and I talk...”[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE]The MWA returns to the Garrison on Friday of Week 3, January 2011 for [CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]“On the Rise”[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] It’s been a year since the MWA first debuted and we have some killer matches for you: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler defends the Rising Star Title against Thomas Morgan Ash Campbell faces the Amazing Fire Fly Joey Poison squares off against Davis Wayne Newton Kashmir Singh takes on Robert Oxford Kate Lilly goes toe-to-toe with Agent 69 Alicia Strong, Joanne Rodriguez, Ultimate Phoenix, and Steven Parker face off in a four-way dance to determine the #1 Contender for the MWA Grand Championship[/SIZE][/CENTER] And the booking committee has mandated: Mean Jean Cattley must defend his title! Be sure to come to the Garrison for all the non-stop action![/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Rise”[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I]Friday of Week 3, January 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,221 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our fans watching via the Internet. The slump seems to be over and we took a chance on going back to the Garrison. 1) The Mean Machine came out and looked pretty upset. He got the mic and complained that I had apparently chewed him out after his non-match the last time the MWA was “On the Road”. He said I ordered him to defend his title tonight but he said that was going to be tricky simply because there wasn’t anyone worthy of fighting him. He went through the list: two crazy luchadores who got lost at some point and wound up in Minnesota, a bevy of girls who somehow think it’s cool to wrestle men (probably since that’s the only way they can get men to touch them), plus a whole crap-load of second- or third-generation wrestlers who are trying to get by on their heritage, not on their skills. His tirade was cut off as one of those second-generation wrestlers came out. Jay Chord glared at Mean Jean and got a mic of his own. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You know what, Jean, my pop used to tell me all sorts of stories about you back when he was your boss in the original MAW. The one thing I remember most is this: Jean Cattley is a talented wrestler ... when he’s not whining about his push. You know what that means to me? It means that you must never put in a decent match ever, because all you’ve done since I’ve arrived in the MWA is moan and groan about how you didn’t have a title. And now you have the strap, and all you’re still doing is moaning and groaning. Tell you what. Why don’t I fix it for you? I’ll come down there and take the title off of you and you can go back to whining about how you don’t have it.”[/COLOR] Mean Jean burst out laughing. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, I’m not laughing at you, junior. I’m laughing at your old man. He may have talked all tough when he was with you and your ma, but let me tell you something: when we were together, he was always kissing my ass. Hell, he probably would have done more if I swung that way. Why? Because I saved him. It was because of me that he was even able to make MAW halfway decent. And the only reason why the original MAW crashed and burned is probably because your dad took the money I earned him and guzzled it all.”[/COLOR] Fury erupted on Jay’s face and he stormed the ring. Jay and Mean Jean collided in the ring and half the locker room had to rush the ring to separate them. Jay was dragged to the back, screaming how he was going to make Mean Jean pay. Mean Jean retrieved his mic and told him to meet him in the ring then and put up or shut up. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 2) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c) vs. THOMAS MORGAN [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Much to everyone’s surprise, Izaak came out to the ring dressed in what looked vaguely like a Star Trek uniform. The Rev in particular was stunned as Izaak got in the ring and favored the crowd with a Vulcan salute. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What is he doing?”[/COLOR] I asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I have no idea,” [/COLOR]the Rev said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“And I’m not sure I want one.”[/COLOR] Regardless of Izaak’s new outfit, he was still the same in the ring. When Thomas mocked him a little for his new attire, Izaak smacked the grin off his face with a series of jabs, followed by a snap kick that nearly took Thomas’s head off. The match was on from that point. Thomas was able to rally and knocked Izaak around the ring for a bit, but Izaak finally came back and got Thomas down. A variation on a chin lock caused Thomas to tap. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 8:45 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 3) Joanne Rodriguez came out to ringside and sidled up to me. She said that she was looking forward to the upcoming four-way match, but she was wondering if the next time the MWA came through Minnesota if she could have one last match with Steven Parker. She got me pretty flustered but I managed to stammer out that I would think about it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 4) [B]AMAZING FIRE FLY vs. ASH CAMPBELL[/B] Even though these two had pretty good chemistry together, I think Fly’s lack of overness dragged on the match. The audience simply didn’t care about what was going on. But they did seem pretty impressed with Fly. He looked like a true star in the ring. It was a good high flying match that ended with Ash Campbell nailing the Ash 2 Ash. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 7:39 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) Davis Wayne Newton came out to the ring and laughed off his upcoming match against Joey Poison. He said that he’s heard rumors on the independent circuit that Joey’s supposed to be some sort of wonder, but he said the real wonder is that if Joey has so much talent, what’s he doing in the MWA? Why haven’t one of the bigs snapped him up yet? RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 6) [B]JOEY POISON vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] Joey was focused and intense as he got in the ring but that didn’t help him at first. Davis overwhelmed him with a dazzling offense that switched from high flying to technical and back again, throwing in a few power moves that made the crowd sit up and notice. Unfortunately, the lack of chemistry between the wrestlers really dragged on things. The Rev and I did our best to keep the excitement up with our commentary, but the crowd noticed some of the missed spots and, as a result, went out to the bar to freshen up their drinks. Joey eventually managed to slip out of a pinning predicament and took Wayne down with the Antidote Web. WINNER: [B]Joey Poison [/B]in 7:56 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Steven Parker came out to the ring and said that he heard that J-Ro had requested one final match against him in a month. He said he wasn’t going to shake his can in my face the way she did. Instead, he would tell me that he wanted one more shot at her as well. I said if both sides wanted it, then it would happen. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) Ultimate Phoenix next came out to the ring. Oddly, he apologized to Joanne, Alicia, and Steven. He said that he was about to unleash his inner animal, a raging beast he tries to keep locked up deep inside. He said that Mean Jean had pushed him too far with his recent behavior. He said that as a result, he wouldn’t rest until he had reclaimed the Grand Championship. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 9) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. STEVEN PARKER [/B]to determine [COLOR="Red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] A really good match that made the crowd sit up and take notice. Ultimate Phoenix was indeed on fire for the early going of the match. The Rev said that it was good to see such intensity from the former champ. He commented that if Ultimate Phoenix had been this on-the-ball, he’d still be the champ. But Phoenix burned out early (forgive the pun). Steven Parker saw to that. He seemed content to focus on Phoenix, almost ignoring the two women in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You’d think he’d know better,” [/COLOR]I commented. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“He’s faced off against both J-Ro and Alicia. He should know how dangerous those ladies can be.”[/COLOR] Alicia and Joanne were more than happy to jog his memory. J-Ro nailed a vicious DDT, planting Steven into the mat, but when she made the pin, Alicia broke it up. This led to a shoving match between the two ladies, who then locked it up and started wrestling in earnest. I think that got the attention of some of the crowd; some of the men, though, forgot that they weren’t in Vegas watching a BSC show and were a little disappointed. The Phoenix interjected himself into the match, launching a flying cross-body block that took out both women. Steven immediately dove onto J-Ro and went for the pin, only to have Alicia break it up again. And so it went. Eventually Parker wound up tossed out of the ring and collapsed in a corner. J-Ro managed to drop Phoenix with a J-Rocker, but before she could even cover him, Alicia intercepted her and, much to everyone’s surprise, powerbombed her to the mat for the pin. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 15:26 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 10) Alicia got the mic and staggered around the ring, looking a little tired. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Chord, Cattley, I don’t care who wins the match tonight. You’d better know that your next opponent is rough, is tough, is Strong!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) [B]KATE LILLY vs. AGENT 69[/B] Another great high flying match. I had thought that Lilly and 69 would take things down a notch and let the audience catch their breath, but I guess they had a different idea. Both ladies really put on a good show and it looked for a while like Agent 69 would take the match. But then Lilly hit the Lilly Launch Pad and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Kate Lilly [/B]in 9:27 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 12) A graphic appeared on the big screen, reminding the fans that next month at “Destined for Glory”, they’d see J-Ro take on Steven Parker. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 13) Kashmir Singh was getting ready for his match when he turned around and found Robert Oxford glaring at him. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Like what you see, you old perv?” [/COLOR]he demanded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Not really,” [/COLOR]Oxford grunted. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I’m on to you, son. I know you think that this is the way you can make a splash in the industry: cut corners and attack people for easy wins. But I gotta warn you, it ain’t gonna work on me. You’ve overplayed your hand, Singh. I’m not taking my eyes off you until we get into the ring.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That’s great,” [/COLOR]Kashmir said. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “But I’m not the one you should be watching.”[/COLOR] Oxford looked confused for a moment and then turned around, just in time for Playboy Jake Sawyer to toss his drink into his eyes. Oxford roared in frustration and, of course, Kashmir attacked him from behind, knocking him down with a clubbing forearm blow. Kashmir stomped him for a few minutes before dragging him away. Sawyer sniffed at the empty glass and sighed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Such a vulgar waste of good scotch. Ah well. Good of the client and all that.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 14) [B]ROBERT OXFORD vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Oxford seemed a bit blind in the opening minutes of the match. Kashmir mostly played with him, even though Sawyer yelled at him to remain focused. Kashmir paid for his over-confidence. Oxford blocked a uranage attempt and then fired off a short-arm clothesline. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“That’s a move you don’t have to see your opponent to deliver,”[/COLOR] the Rev explained. Oxford then worked over Kashmir pretty well and even looked like he might pick up the win when Sawyer hopped up on the apron. The ref went over to order him down. Kashmir took advantage by low-blowing Oxford and then rolling him up. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 7:46 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 15) Kashmir went a little nuts, dancing around the ring ecstatically, grinning ear to ear when the ref raised his hand. But then he bailed as Oxford came roaring up off the mat. Oxford lunged for him, causing Kashmir to run. Oxford bellowed after him, then turned his rage on me. He rolled out of the ring and got in my face. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“You’re in a mood to make matches tonight? Then make this one: I want him again. At ‘Destined for Glory.’ Get it done.”[/COLOR] He then stomped into the back. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] for the celebration; [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the match request 16) [B]JAY CHORD vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Not too bad of a match from these two. Jay seemed barely in control of his anger while Mean Jean did nothing but smirk at him the whole time. That seemed to tip Jay over the edge. The two put in a good match (not quite as good as I hoped, I’ll admit), one in which both men scored near falls. In the end, Jay got a two-and-a-half count that he clearly thought should have been three. He got up and started arguing with the ref, turning his back on Mean Jean. “That’s a mistake, the kind a rookie like Jay would make,” the Rev observed. The Rev proved correct. Mean Jean grabbed Jay and dropped him into a schoolboy roll-up, quickly getting his feet onto the ropes for extra leverage. The ref, sadly, missed that. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 20:49 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Kashmir was a little overused. I think we took a pretty good step forward tonight. We definitely increased our popularity. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]"On the Rise"[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Thomas Morgan to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Amazing Fire Fly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison defeated Davis Wayne Newton [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Joanne Rodriguez, Steven Parker, and Ultimate Phoenix to become [COLOR="red"]the #1 Contender for the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Kate Lilly defeated Agent 69 [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Robert Oxford [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Jay Chord to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 3, January 2011 -[/I][/B] And Jenny Playmate gets the award for shortest stint in the MWA. I had hired her for a storyline I’ve cooked up, but I didn’t check her schedule. She still works for CGC and guess what, they have events the same night as us pretty much all year. Not good. So I had to let her go. [B][I]Monday of Week 4, January 2011 -[/I][/B] Frederique Antonio Garcia picked up the SWF North American Championship off of Randy Bumfhole last night on ThrowDown! Apparently Sam Keith has a man crush on him, just like Larry Wood did. [B][I]Tuesday of Week 4, January 2011 -[/I][/B] Dark Angel has definitely landed on his feet in NOTBPW since returning there. Last night he put in an A match against Sean McFly. [B][I]Wednesday of Week 4, January 2011 -[/I][/B] I should have seen that coming. My plan didn’t work; MWA’s small size strikes again. I realized that since the SWF was a cult promotion now, that meant that it was unlikely that they were re-signing their talent on written deals. That meant I could do some gentle talent raiding if anyone was available. And, as it turns out, someone was: The Iron Man himself, Tim Westybrook. I had envisioned him coming in and brawling with Mean Jean for a few months, but sadly, Tim just rejected our negotiations, citing our size as the determining factor. Oh well. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, February 2011 - [/I][/B]Okay, maybe I misjudged Sam Keith. Frederique’s title reign lasted a week and was ended by Wolf Hawkins last night on ThrowDown! [B][I]Friday of Week 1, February 2011 -[/I][/B] Since networks are scheduling, I spammed all the nets in the U.S. along with all the Pay-Per-View providers. Even though it’s highly unlikely anyone will bite (and many have already rejected me), it’s worth a shot. Anything to increase our exposure. FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][I][B][SIZE="3"][CENTER]The MWA is coming back to the Great Lakes Territory![/CENTER][/SIZE][/B][/I] We’ll be hitting the Asylum in Michigan on Friday of Week 1, February 2011. You’ll see the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler defends his MWA Rising Star Title against Ash Campbell The Amazing Fire Fly will go head-to-head with Citizen X Jay Chord will take on Hollywood Bret Starr[/SIZE][/CENTER] And rumor has it, Ultimate Phoenix has something he wants to say to Alicia Strong Be there for all the heart-stopping action![/QUOTE]

The MWA is coming back to the Great Lakes Territory! We’ll be hitting the Asylum in Michigan on Friday of Week 1, February 2011. You’ll see the following matches: [B]Izaak Tischler[/B] defends his MWA Rising Star Title against Ash Campbell: He opened your last show with the match of the night. I can't see him losing yet. The Amazing Fire Fly will go head-to-head with [B]Citizen X[/B]: I just like this guy. [B]Jay Chord[/B] will take on Hollywood Bret Starr: Rootin for Chords kid! And rumor has it, Ultimate Phoenix has something he wants to say to Alicia Strong: How about, Polly wanna cracker?:D Seriously, I like her better facing Jean than that Phoenix guy.

[B]Izaak Tischler[/B] defends his MWA Rising Star Title against Ash Campbell Not a fan of Ash Campbell, and Izaak has been your MVP. So I got to go with Izaak. The Amazing Fire Fly will go head-to-head with [B]Citizen X[/B] Always wanted to push Citizen X, love the character. If only he was just a bit of a better wrestler, I would have done so already. [B]Jay Chord[/B] will take on Hollywood Bret Starr Jay Chord rules, I haven't used Hollywood Bret Starr. Like how your making J-Ro flirt with you, nice management there Scap! :D lol

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Friday of Week 1, February 2011[/I] Held at the Asylum in the Great Lakes Territory 753 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Internet audience to the show. 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c) vs. ASH CAMPBELL [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] I’m not sure if it was the mismatch of styles or what, but this match didn’t go quite as well as I hoped. Izaak shone like the future star he is, though. Ash did make him look phenomenal. Izaak did his best to sell Ash’s offense as well and, in the end, they put together a pretty good match. Izaak made the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 10:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 2) Kashmir Singh came out to the ring with Playboy Jake Sawyer in tow. He mocked Robert Oxford, saying that if the “old man” wanted another beating, Kashmir would be more than happy to oblige. The Rev commented, [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Funny that he finds his voice when he knows that Oxford isn’t even in the building.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]F+[/COLOR] 3) [B]AMAZING FIRE FLY vs. CITIZEN X[/B] You know, you’d think I would have remembered that X and Fly don’t have good chemistry together. It didn’t help that Fly was off his game tonight either. All things considered, though, it was a pretty decent match. Lots of high-flying action from both men that kept the crowd’s interest. In the end, X got the pin with a Flaming Anarchy. WINNER: [B]Citizen X[/B] in 7:23 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“And now,” [/COLOR]I said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“a word from our sponsors.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Wait, we’re actually showing commercials now?” [/COLOR]the Rev asked, somewhat confused. The big screen lit up with a beautiful young lady smiling at the camera. She introduced herself as Jessica Danielson (although the smarks in the audience probably recognized her as Southern Belle). She said she worked for a company called AccuModeling, a consulting firm that can help anyone, no matter how sad or pathetic, turn their lives around in a matter of days, if not hours. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Using our advanced, high precision computers, we can accurately forecast any situations. Given the right amount of data, we’ll be able to show you how to succeed beyond your wildest dreams. Problems with your career? Your family? Your love life? AccuModeling can help!”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 5) Alicia Strong found Ultimate Phoenix backstage and said that she heard he had something to say to her. Phoenix said he did. He told her the best thing for her to do was turn down the title match against Mean Jean Cattley. He said that a “delicate flower” like Alicia had no place in the upper reaches of a company, hunting for a title held by a despicable man like Jean. Alicia took offense to this and got in Phoenix’s face. She informed him that she was as good as any man in the MWA and could go toe-to-toe with Mean Jean any day of the week. Phoenix actually snickered at the idea, causing Alicia to challenge him to get into the ring with her tonight. Phoenix tried to beg off, saying his sense of chivalry and duty prevented him from accepting. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“So ‘sense of chivalry’ is basically a way to say you’re a coward?” [/COLOR]Alicia countered. Phoenix’s expression (what we can see of it behind the mask) darkened. He accepted her challenge. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 6) [B]HOLLYWOOD BRET STARR vs. JAY CHORD[/B] The Rev and I played up how this was a phenomenal clash of two wrestlers with storied pedigrees. And Bret and Jay certainly made it seem that way. They traded blows and brawled through and around the ring. Both men scored impressive near falls and kept the audience jumping before finally, Jay put Bret away cleanly with a Super DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 9:07 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) Steven Parker came out to the ring and go the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I bet you all want me to go on some major rant against Joanne Rodriguez and talk about how I’ll destroy her next month at ‘ Destined for Glory’. But you know, I’m not feeling that chatty about her right now. Instead, I want to talk about someone who I’ve been getting to know backstage for the past couple of months. Come on out here.”[/COLOR] Davis Wayne Newton joined Steven out in the ring. Parker put an arm around his shoulder. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“This man is simply incredible. He calls himself a Triple Threat, and that’s the truth. I may call myself ‘The Future’, but Dave here is just as much the future. After knocking back a few beers the other night, we decided that we were going to shake things up around here in the tag division. You can call us ‘Future Threat’.”[/COLOR] Davis took the mic. [COLOR="darkgreen"] “That’s right. Only we’re not just a threat then. We’re also a threat now ... especially to Lilly & Rose. Ladies, come on out. It’s time for your championship reign to end.”[/COLOR] Debbie and Kate came out to the ring entrance with their belts. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Oh, come on, guys,”[/COLOR] Kate said with a laugh. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We’ve beaten just about everyone in this company as a tag team. You really think you have what it takes to beat us? We don’t, but let’s find out.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] for the challenge; [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] for the response 8) [B]LILLY & ROSE (c) vs. FUTURE THREAT [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] A pretty good match, probably one of the better that Kate and Debbie have put on. The champs obviously were unconcerned getting into the ring. That soon changed when it became clear that Parker and Davis were playing for keeps. The champs kicked their game up to the next level, but by the time they did, it was almost too late. They were able to rally a little, but Davis finally took down Kate Lilly and made her tap out with an STF. WINNER: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 10:48 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 9) The new tag champs celebrated in the ring, but then Parker got the mic once again. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Now that that’s out of the way, let me say this: J-Ro, I hope you were watching tonight, because what you just saw is going to repeat itself in just two weeks back at the Garrison. Joanne, I am your Future, and your future looks bleak.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. ULTIMATE PHOENIX[/B] Phoenix looked particularly intense as he got into the ring. When Alicia offered to shake his hand before the bell, he just gave her a disdainful look and continued to stretch out. Alicia held her hand out for a second and then finally shrugged. The bell had barely rung before Phoenix threw himself at Alicia. He overwhelmed her with his rapid offense and it took a few moments before she could rally and offer any sort of a fight. But once she did, it was really a great battle. Alicia looked every inch a star in the ring and the crowd was solidly behind her. But eventually Phoenix pulled in the lead. He managed to deliver a few drop-kicks to her knees and then finally used a neck-breaker to drop her to the mat. He then clambered up to the top turnbuckle and launched himself into the Phoenix Firebird Splash. A second before he hit, Alicia lifted her feet so he smashed into them head-first. Phoenix fell away, clutching his head. Alicia was immediately on him, driving her knee into his back. She then grabbed an arm and applied a combination arm bar and elbow hyperextension lock, a submission move that I identified as the “Strong Arm Tactic”. Phoenix screamed in pain and then tapped out. WINNER: [B]Alicia Strong [/B]in 18:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 11) Alicia released the hold and looked ready to help Phoenix up, but before she could, a half dozen masked men charged the ring. Alicia looked startled as they all rolled under the bottom rope. They then charged her. She managed to take one down but the other five swarmed over her and dragged her from the ring, kicking and screaming. The audience was absolutely stunned. The Rev and I were outraged and we wondered if maybe Mean Jean Cattley was behind this. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Davis Wayne Newton was overused. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Ash Campbell to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Citizen X defeated the Amazing Fire Fly [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Hollywood Bret Starr [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Future Shock defeated Lilly & Rose (c) to capture [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Alicia Strong defeated Ultimate Phoenix [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 1, February 2011 -[/I][/B] Not surprisingly, every network and PPV carrier rejected our offers. I’m still waiting to hear from Access West Coast, but it would be a minor miracle if they took us up on our offer. [B][I]Sunday of Week 1, February 2011 -[/I][/B] No miracles for us, it seems, but TCW is going back on TV. TCW Live! will air on East Coast Today, the same network that the SWF uses for ThrowDown! That should make for interesting network parties. [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, February 2011 -[/I][/B] The SWF held “Nothing to Lose”, an ironic title given the fact that: a) they had this Pay-Per-View in front of only 2,000 fans, the smallest crowd in recent memory b) according to the rumor mill, they’re losing Rich Money. [B][I]Monday of Week 2, February 2011 -[/I][/B] SWF ThrowDown! saw two title changes. Zimmy Bumfhole took the 10-Minute Championship off of Angry Gilmore. In a strange story, the team of Yoshimi Mushashibo and Joey Minnesota took the tag title championship off of Eric Tyler and Randy Bumfhole. Apparently Musashibo and Minnesota are calling themselves “Kiss This.” Don’t ask me why. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]"Destined for Glory"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] this Friday at the Garrison![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler defends the MWA Rising Star Title against Marc Speed Robert Oxford vs. Kashmir Singh Joanne Rodriguez vs. Steven Parker[/SIZE][/CENTER] And what will happen with Mean Jean Cattley's title defense now that his challenger has gone missing? Come to the Garrison this Friday to find out![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;190230][CENTER] Phoenix screamed in pain and then tapped out. -[/QUOTE] Priceless! BTW, If Mean Jean is indeed behind that last angle, then I gotta say, best usage of the guy ever! That's saying alot because Brifidelity worked wonders with Jean. [B]Izaak Tischler[/B] defends the MWA Rising Star Title against Marc Speed: He's not gonna lose yet. Robert Oxford vs. [B]Kashmir Singh[/B]: I hate thes lightweights but I just don't see Oxford going over. Joanne Rodriguez vs. [B]Steven Parker[/B]: Eh, I wonder if this will go down clean? And what will happen with Mean Jean Cattley's title defense now that his challenger has gone missing?: Hopefully, Sam Strong happens to Mean Jean! Doubt it, but one can hope.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“Destined for Glory”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Friday of Week 3, February 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,360 in attendance[/CENTER] 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c) vs. MARC SPEED [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] A good opening bout from these two. Izaak once again came out in his weird Star Trek knock-off uniform and gave the Vulcan salute to the crowd. Marc seemed thoroughly disgusted and before the bell even rang, he clubbed Izaak over the head and kick-started the match. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What is the deal with Izaak and his new get-up?” [/COLOR]I asked. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I have no idea. I’ve known Izaak all his life and he’s always seemed, you know, normal,” [/COLOR]the Rev said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But as odd as this new look is, at least he’s still great in the ring.”[/COLOR] And it was true. Izaak was on fire in the ring, taking the fight to Marc Speed and eventually overcoming Marc’s initial underhanded attack. They put on a spectacular fight that left the crowd buzzing, even as Izaak took Marc down and pinned him. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 13:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C+[/COLOR] 2) A grainy video played on the screen, showing Alicia Strong being abducted from the ring at the last “On the Road”. I explained that she was supposed to face off against Mean Jean Cattley tonight for the MWA Grand Championship, but that she’s been missing for the past two weeks. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) The Rev caught up with Mean Jean Cattley backstage and basically cornered him. The Rev then asked Mean Jean if he had any idea where Alicia was. Mean Jean said he didn’t. The Rev then commented that it was awfully convenient that Alicia had disappeared. Mean Jean took offense to that. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Look here, bud, I’m not one to back down from a fight. Never have been, never will be. You saw that over the past year. If Alicia had been here, I would have gladly strapped on my boots and gotten into the ring with her. But she’s not here, is she? I think maybe she staged the whole thing because she’s scared of me. Or maybe her dad hired some goons to protect his little girl. I don’t know, and I don’t care. If you’ll excuse me, since my opponent didn’t bother to show up tonight, I’m taking the rest of the night off.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 4) As the Rev returned to the announcing table, another commercial for “AccuModeling” aired. Jessica Danielson once again spoke of how wonderful her company’s computer modeling programs were, how they could accurately predict just about anything with enough data. A few former clients gave testimonials. A weatherman from a local TV station said AccuModeling’s weather forecasting software has increased his accuracy by 6%. By far the funniest testimony involved a barely literate redneck saying that AccuModeling was able to predict the stock market well enough to move him from “the trailer park to Park Avenue.” Jessica Danielson then reappeared and flashed a winning smile to the camera, saying that AccuModeling would be able to work wonders for you too! RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) [B]DEBBIE ROSE vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Debbie’s stamina is becoming more and more of an issue. Hopefully it’s getting better, but by the end of this match, she was visibly tiring. But it was a good match. Jay seemed a little overconfident facing Debbie, and the Rev said some of that ****iness might be justified, seeing as how Debbie and Kate lost the tag championship two weeks ago. But Debbie gave as good as she got, taking the fight to Jay and scoring the first near fall. But Jay came roaring back and finally dropped Debbie with a Cradle Piledriver. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:20 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 6) The big screen lit up, showing Mean Jean in his street clothes heading for an exit. I stood up at the announce table with a mic in my hand. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hold on, Jean! Hold it right there! I know you can hear me, we’ve got the speakers on loud enough.”[/COLOR] Mean Jean stopped by the door and turned around, glaring at the camera. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Now I don’t know if you actually had anything to do with Alicia’s disappearance,” [/COLOR]I continued. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Maybe you did, maybe you didn’t. Personally I think it’s an awfully convenient coincidence. Regardless, something you said struck a chord with me. You claim you’ll never back down from a fight? Well, don’t back down from one tonight. I have a friend in town who might want a shot at your title. Let me get him on the phone and make the arrangements. Get back in your gear, Jean.”[/COLOR] Mean Jean did not look happy, but he dutifully stepped away from the exit and went back to the locker room. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 7) Joanne Rodriguez appeared on the big screen. She congratulated Steven Parker on winning the tag titles two weeks ago. She said that he was a fierce competitor and certainly deserved to be the champ. She said it might surprise the audience to hear her admit that, but she said she’s never been one to not give credit where credit is due. Steven Parker was a good athlete, a master strategist, and a worthy opponent. But all that being said, he was still going to lose tonight. J-Ro guaranteed it. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 8) Playboy Jake Sawyer was walking backstage when suddenly, Robert Oxford attacked him from out of nowhere, beating the tar out of him. Sawyer took the beating silently, curling up in a little ball. Oxford screamed he was delivering a message to Kashmir Singh. Who, it turned out, was waiting for Oxford. Kashmir leapt into the fray and managed to stun the bigger man. He then dragged Oxford out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 9) [B]ROBERT OXFORD vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Oxford managed to fight back for part of the match. He put up a good struggle too, but the initial onslaught had obviously drained him. Kashmir was eventually able to wear him down, drop him to the mat, and get him to tap with a camel clutch. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 9:09 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 10) Ultimate Phoenix was sitting in a locker room when the Amazing Fire Fly found him. Fly said he had been watching Phoenix for the past couple of weeks and he is impressed. He said that Phoenix has a strong heart and is obviously an honorable man. Fly then chided him a little, saying that an honorable man would not take issue with someone like Alicia Strong for having good fortune. Fly said that it wasn’t part of their heritage. He then revealed that earlier this week, Citizen X had challenged Fly to find a tag partner and face MI-07 in the ring tonight. Fly said that he would be honored if Phoenix would be that partner. Phoenix looked up, fire in his eyes, and he nodded. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 11) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX & AMAZING FIRE FLY vs. MI-07[/B] Sigh. Apparently tag teams are going to be my bane in the MWA. I had thought that Ultimate Phoenix and Fire Fly would make for a good combo. Both high fliers, both masked wrestlers. I was going to call them the Firebirds. But they throw each other off in the ring. Feels very similar to the whole “Legacy” debacle. Worse, Fly was off his game tonight, so it kind of dragged on what should have been a fast-paced, high impact match. Don’t get me wrong, all four competitors put on a great show that got the crowd popping at points. All four pulled off some very impressive high spots, including Phoenix and Fly launching themselves over the top rope to take out MI-07 on the outside of the ring. In the end, fly dropped Agent 69 with a frog splash and made the cover. WINNERS: [B]Ultimate Phoenix & Amazing Fire Fly [/B]in 10:28 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 12) Robert Oxford was backstage when Davis Wayne Newton found him. He had his tag title belt draped over one shoulder. He noticed Oxford’s glum expression and started laughing. He asked Oxford what it felt like to be tired and used up. He suggested that maybe it was time for Oxford to hang up his boots and leave the business to the young and capable. Oxford suddenly exploded from his seat and beat the tar out of Davis, leaving him battered and bloody. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 13) A video played, hyping the final match between Joanne Rodriguez and Steven Parker. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 14) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] A great match for these two to conclude their feud. Both of them took things to the next level, really locking up and slamming each other around the ring hard enough that the audience was left gasping. Parker wound up bloodied from the fight and J-Ro looked pretty messed up as well. In the end, Parker tried to nail Joanne with the Future Shock, but she was able to block it. Then Parker went for it again and nailed it, dropping J-Ro to the mat. He made the cover, only to have Joanne kick out. Parker couldn’t believe it. Neither could the fans. They went nuts as Parker made the cover a second time, only to have Joanne kick out again. Parker went for the cover a third time, only to have Joanne kick out immediately and lurch to her feet. They traded a few blows and then J-Ro hit the J-Rocker and got the pin. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 13:50 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 15) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring in his gear and hopped in. He looked at the announce table with an impatient look. I smiled and rose, mic in hand. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It’s your lucky night, Jean. My friend was not only available, he was eager to lock up with you tonight. So ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure at this time to announce our main event. Already in the ring is the MWA Grand Champion, Mean Jean Cattley. And making his way to the ring is the challenger .... [B]Chance Fortune[/B]!”[/COLOR] Mean Jean’s eyes grew wide as former SWF superstar Chance Fortune dashed out from behind the curtain. The surprise actually got the crowd buzzing a little as Chance hit the ring and the match started. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 16) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] Unfortunately these two no-sold each other’s offense, but otherwise, it was a great match and a spectacular way for us to end our show. Chance was able to capitalize on Mean Jean’s initial shock and was able to drop him quickly for a near fall. Mean Jean kicked out and before Chance could get going again, Mean Jean thumbed him in the eye, stopping his momentum cold. Mean Jean took over, methodically working over Chance and trying to wear him down. A few times Chance managed to break away and get some offense started, but Mean Jean would just as quickly shut it down again. Mean Jean managed to score a near fall of his own, but Chance kicked out immediately. But as the match wore on, it became increasingly clear that Mean Jean just couldn’t put Chance away. Chance kept kicking out. Sometimes it was at the last second, but Mean Jean just couldn’t get a three count on him. The frustration built and at one point, Mean Jean threw a tantrum, screaming at referee Jez MacArthuer to get it right. Jez didn’t back down, stating that it was two. After yet another kick-out, Mean Jean lost it. He screamed in rage and got out of the ring. He then retrieved a steel chair and got back into the ring. Jez warned him not to do it, but Mean Jean didn’t listen, smashing the chair over Chance’s head and dropping him to the mat, out cold. Jez called for the bell, leaving Mean Jean to stare down at Chance’s prone form. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]by DQ in 21:06 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Amazing Fire Fly was used far too much. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Destined for Glory”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Marc Speed to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Debbie Rose [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Robert Oxford [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix & Amazing Fire Fly defeated MI-07 [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Steven Parker [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Chance Fortune defeated Mean Jean Cattley (c) by DQ, so Mean Jean retains [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Archived