MWA - This Means War! (C-Verse Diary)

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, March 2011 - [/I][/B]The Stomper announced his retirement today. [B][I]Friday of Week 1, March 2011 -[/I][/B] I’ve decided to alter our strategy a little. Right now, looking at the national picture, our closest competition is DaVE. They’re even a little ahead of the game in terms of popularity. If they can raise their popularity in enough regions, they’ll hit Cult and then get Pay-Per-View, maybe a TV deal ... and that would vault them into the lead and we’d have a hard time catching up. As near as I can tell, I can hit Cult status if I can get us sufficiently over in two territories. So I’m going to concentrate my attention on the Mid West (with our highest popularity) and the Great Lakes (second highest). All “On the Roads” will be held in the Great Lakes Territory; all other shows will be held in the Mid West. Once I hit Cult, I’ll start hitting the other territories again. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to attend [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"][B]“MWA On the Road”[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] this Friday at the Asylum![/CENTER] Featuring: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler vs. Kashmir Singh in a non-title match Future Threat defends the MWA Tag Team Championship against Hollywood Bret Starr & Chance Fortune Joanne Rodriguez vs. Thomas Morgan Ultimate Phoenix vs. Citizen X[/SIZE][/CENTER] And has anyone seen Alicia Strong? Be there for all the action, all the adventure, brought to you only by [CENTER][B][I][SIZE="3"]the Midwest Wrestling Association![/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Friday of Week 1, March 2011[/I] Held at the Asylum in the Great Lakes Territory 837 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed the Internet audience to the Asylum. 1) Chance Fortune surprised everyone by coming out to the ring to start the show. He said that he enjoyed his match two weeks ago that he’s signed on as a permanent part of the MWA. But then he grew somber. He said that Alicia Strong was still missing and that he held Mean Jean Cattley personally responsible. He said he wouldn’t rest until he made Mean Jean pay for what he did to that sweet, innocent young... His tirade was cut off by Jay Chord. Jay came out and stared at him in disbelief. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"What the hell are you still doing here? I mean, sure, you had a half-way decent match two weeks ago, but I know for a fact none of us here want to see your sorry face week-in and week-out. And what’s this crap about you going after Mean Jean? Ever here of ‘due process’ or ‘innocent until proven guilty?’ And that sweet and innocent stuff? Have you ever even met Alicia Strong? Neither word really applies.”[/COLOR] Chance took offense at that. He challenged Jay to a match. Jay laughed that off. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You already are in a tag match tonight, moron. No way anybody’s gonna let you do two matches.”[/COLOR] Chance said he didn’t care, that he’d put it all on the line to make Jay eat his words. He accused Jay of being a coward. Jay finally shrugged and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Your funeral, man.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the quest; [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] for the argument 2) Izaak Tischler is straightening his uniform when he turned around and saw Playboy Jake Sawyer look him over. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“My God, man, what are you doing to yourself? Is this really the way a champion should dress before a match? I don’t know if you’re high or drunk or some combination of both, but please, you’re an embarrassment to yourself, to your opponents, and to the whole company. Do you really think the MWA will want to ever headline a worker who dressed like that?”[/COLOR] Izaak shrugged and said, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I know I may look a little, well ... nerdy dressed like this, but you know what, that’s who I am. I love sci-fi and fantasy. I played D&D with my friends growing up. I stood in line for six hours to see the very first showing of Star Wars Episode III. That was a mistake on my part, but I want to celebrate this side of my life. You’d be surprised at how many people there are with nerd-like leanings.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You speak as if you belong to some minority,” Sawyer scoffed. “Luckily for you, I’m feeling magnanimous. I can help you regain your edge. Do you recall how I offered to represent you? The offer still stands. Sign with me, and I can guarantee you’ll be the Grand Champion by year’s end.”[/COLOR] Izaak laughed good-naturedly but told Sawyer no. Sawyer sighed. “Very well.” And that’s when Kashmir ran over Izaak from behind. Kashmir laid the boots to him and then dragged Izaak out to the ring. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]F[/COLOR] 3) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Izaak was clearly feeling the effects of the backstage assault in the opening minutes of the match. The problem was, Kashmir didn’t capitalize. He strutted around the ring like he had already won, almost ignoring the fact that he had an unbeaten opponent still in the ring. He spent the opening minutes just slapping Izaak around and cooing at him like an infant. Sawyer encouraged this behavior at first, but as it wore on, Sawyer grew more and more frustrated with his client and started shouting for him to finish Izaak off. Kashmir ignored him. The only time he did pin Izaak, he pulled Izaak’s shoulder up to break the count so the humiliation could continue. Eventually Kashmir got around to pinning Izaak for real, only this time, Izaak’s shoulder really came off the mat. Kashmir was stunned. He tried for another pin, only to have Izaak kick out again. Kashmir stared in shock as Izaak wobbled to his feet and glared at him defiantly, then launched himself at Kashmir and started to beat him down. Izaak had the crowd solidly behind him as he tossed Kashmir around the ring. Problem is, Sawyer interjected himself. He hopped up onto the ring apron, protesting Kashmir’s treatment. Jez MacArthuer went over to order him down. Kashmir took advantage of the distraction and low-blowed Izaak. He then dropped him to the mat and quickly made the pin. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 9:32 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) We once again went to commercial break. Jessica Danielson pitched the services of AccuModeling, saying that any problem the audience had, they would be able to solve them. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“What kind of pathetic loser would call a computer modeling service?” [/COLOR]the Rev wondered out loud. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 5) On the big screen, Robert Oxford was dialing a cell phone. He bounced nervously on his feet before saying into it, [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Hello? Is this Jessica Danielson of AccuModeling? I need help...”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 6) [B]HOLLYWOOD BRET STARR & CHANCE FORTUNE vs. FUTURE THREAT (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Chance really got the crowd stoked on the way out to the ring. And he really shone as the star in the match, so much so that both Steven Parker and Davis Wayne Newton seemed afraid to lock up with him. They actually got into an argument at one point about who would face Chance in the ring, eventually resolving the conflict by playing paper-rock-scissors. Davis was not happy when he learned it would be him. Chance quickly took down Davis, but then offered to tag in Bret. Bret played up for the crowd getting tagged in, but he quickly paid for his show-boating as Davis blocked a neckbreaker and responded with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Parker and Davis then spent most of the match working over Bret and keeping him from Chance’s corner. Eventually, Bret managed to tag in Chance, who came in and really cleaned house. He took down Davis with a clothesline, then rebounded and took Parker off his perch. He charged Davis again, only to have Davis duck the attack and send him flying over the top rope. Where Jay Chord was waiting for him. While Davis distracted the ref, Jay suplexed Chance onto the concrete. He then tossed Chance back into the ring. Davis caught him, suplexed him as well, and made the pin. WINNER: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] 7) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. THOMAS MORGAN[/B] Much to my delight, these two clicked in the ring and really put together a solid match. Both are great technicians and they turned it into a clinic of sorts. It almost became a one-up-manship match, with Thomas doing an impressive hold, only to be followed a few moments later by a better one from J-Ro. In the end, J-Ro scored the near fall with the J-Rocker. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez [/B]in 11:47 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 8) Citizen X came out to the ring and said that it was time for some anarchy to hit the Asylum. He said he was going to tear it all down tonight, starting with Ultimate Phoenix. It was on okay promo, given the fact that I don’t think we’d ever given X that much mic time. But the audience started shouting that he was boring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. CITIZEN X[/B] After the mat-based matches we had so far, it was great to see two high-fliers tear it up. Lots of high spots, aggressive moves, and a few moments where the audience audibly gasped. In the end, Phoenix took down X with the Phoenix Firebird Splash. WINNER: [B]Ultimate Phoenix [/B]in 9:33 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. JAY CHORD[/B] And the show ends with a resounding thud. These two did not click in the ring and it was painfully obvious. The audience started to mill about as these two put on the worst match of the night. The Rev and I were able to salvage some of it for the Internet audience, but there’s only so much that commentary can do. The Rev commented that Chance was obviously still feeling the effects of the suplex to the cement earlier and tried to pass that off as the reason that Jay was winning in the beginning. Eventually, though, Chance managed to fight back and took Jay down with a Stroke of Luck. WINNER: [B]Chance Fortune [/B]in 17:58 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 11) Chance looked wiped in the ring. That’s when the big screen lit up to reveal a man wearing a ski mask. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Hey! Fortune!” [/COLOR]the man bellowed. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Looking for me? Or, more appropriately, looking for her?”[/COLOR] The camera pulled back to reveal an unconscious Alicia Strong chained to some pipes in a basement. The masked man appeared on screen again. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Try all you like, mate, you’re never gonna find her. She’s mine and always will be.”[/COLOR] The screen went blank. Chance screamed in frustration. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Strange. That voice sounded familiar,” [/COLOR]I commented. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Kashmir Singh was slightly overused. I’m not sure if that last match really messed us up that badly. It probably didn’t help, but we still managed to put on a pretty decent show. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from the last [COLOR="DarkRed"]“On the Road”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Izaak Tischler [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated Hollywood Bret Starr & Chance Fortune to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez defeated Thomas Morgan [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Ultimate Phoenix defeated Citizen X[/I] - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Chance Fortune defeated Jay Chord [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]C-[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Sunday of Week 1, March 2011 -[/I][/B] TCW Live! debuted to a 7.46 rating. It was a C+ show. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, March 2011 -[/I][/B] Apparently CGC have new tag champs on their hands: Eddie Peak and Skull DeBones. Seems like a good combo to me. Not so good is the name. “100% Boyz”? What the heck is that? [B][I]Wednesday of Week 2, March 2011 -[/I][/B] Both MAW and DaVE had shows last night. DaVE’s show pulled in a C rating and packed the Den in the New England territory with 2,000 fans (and hence why I see them as our biggest competitors). MAW sold out Stanley Hall and garnered a C-. [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, March 2011 -[/I][/B] Even though SWF ran “Awesome Impact” last night, that wasn’t the biggest news coming out of the SWF. Apparently Runaway Train is running away from the SWF! He refused a contract extension last night. I can’t imagine what Richard is thinking right now, especially since he brought in Train shortly after he fired me. [B][I]Monday of Week 2, March 2011 -[/I][/B] And Train pays for his decision by jobbing to Bruce the Giant on the latest edition of ThrowDown! From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be at the Garrison for [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]"MWA Battleground"[/B][/COLOR] on Friday of Week 3, March 2011[/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler defends his Rising Star Title against Debbie Rose Ash Campbell vs. Kashmir Singh Future Threat defeds the tag titles against former champs MI-07 Joey Poison vs. Robert Oxford Rumor has it that Chance Fortune wants to have a "talk" with Grand Champions Mean Jean Cattley as well![/SIZE][/CENTER] Be there for all the excitement![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scapino1974;190712][B][I]Monday of Week 1, March 2011 -[/I][/B] Apparently CGC have new tag champs on their hands: Eddie Peak and Skull DeBones. Seems like a good combo to me. Not so good is the name. “100% Boyz”? What the heck is that?[/QUOTE] Would work better for a cruiserweight team using the 'Thrill Seeker' gimmick, I think.

[CENTER]MWA presents... [B][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]“Battleground”[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [I]Friday of Week 3, March 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,305 in attendance[/CENTER] 1) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER (c) vs. DEBBIE ROSE [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] Izaak looked like a star and really got the crowd hopping as he came out to the ring in his sci-fi fan get-up. I even noticed a few fans that came dressed in similar uniforms. Kinda cute, if you ask me. The match itself wasn’t up to Izaak’s usual standards, and I think Debbie is to blame. Protégé of Wanda Fish or not, I haven’t been that impressed with her skills. At any rate, they tussled for a good ten minutes, wearing her out pretty badly, and then Izaak put her away. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 11:09 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 2) Mean Jean Cattley was storming through the backstage area looking like he was absolutely pissed. He finally found Chance Fortune chatting with some of our crew and forcibly spun him around. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Where the hell do you get off?” [/COLOR]Mean Jean demanded. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You have one match in the MWA and suddenly, you think you’re my conscience? Going around, talking trash about how I abducted Alicia Strong. I did no such thing!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Really?” [/COLOR]Chance said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“You ever watch a good crime show on TV? What do they always look for: Motive, Means, and Opportunity. Far as I’m concerned, you have all three. Besides, where were you two weeks ago when Alicia’s abductor appeared on the big screen? You weren’t with us on the road, that’s for sure.” “I was at home,”[/COLOR] Mean Jean answered. They bickered back and forth for a while before Mean Jean finally challenged Chance to get into the ring with him tonight. Chance said the only way that was going to happen was if Mean Jean put his title on the line. Mean Jean hesitated for a moment but then agreed. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 3) Ash Campbell came in and was informed by one of the crew that he was scheduled to face Kashmir Singh tonight. The worker suggested that Ash should keep his eyes open. Ash told that person not to worry, that he had eyes in the back of his head. They must have been closed, because at that moment, Kashmir Singh attacked him from behind and beat the tar out of him before dragging him out toward the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 4) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Ash was able to put up a little bit of a fight, but Kashmir basically mowed him down before finally getting the three count. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 11:08 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 5) Backstage, Robert Oxford was pacing, glancing at his watch. Finally, Jessica Danielson came in, dressed in a stylish suit (complete with a miniskirt that showed off her legs). Oxford chided her for being late. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“My apologies, Mr. Oxford,” [/COLOR]Jessica said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“But your particular case threw us for a loop. We’ve never been asked to model wrestling matches before and it took us a while to find software up to the task. Luckily for you, we were able to subcontract out to a firm known as Grey Dog Software. They have a program called ‘Wrestling Spirit 4' that was more than adequate for our needs.”[/COLOR] She set down a lap top and opened it. She pointed to the screen. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We’ve inputted data on your specs: your strength, your speed, your style, all that. We’ve also included data on your opponent for tonight, Mr. Joey Poison. With all the data available, the computer has mapped out how the match should go. The pertinent information is all here. What you should focus on is the finisher. Once you get Mr. Poison down, place him in a triangle-choke. That will be enough to end the match.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 6) MI-07 came out to the ring and ranted about their opponents for tonight, Future Threat. They said that they had been robbed of the tag titles when they lost to Lilly & Rose a few months back. They then went on to say that they were going to reclaim what was rightfully theirs. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 7) [B]MI-07 vs. FUTURE THREAT (c) [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Citizen X was off his game tonight and as a result, it kind of dragged on the match. X and Agent 69 put up a pretty decent offense; it’s just that Davis Wayne Newton and Steven Parker were able to overwhelm them with better offense. WINNER: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 15:14 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Future Threat got on the mic and taunted MI-07 as they left the ring, saying that they should go back to the drawing board and come up with better gimmicks. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) Joanne Rodriguez found Amazing Fire Fly backstage and said that she had a tag team match later tonight against Jay Chord and Marc Speed. She said that she normally would have asked someone like Alicia Strong to be her partner, but since Alicia is still missing, she was hoping that Fire Fly would help. Fly told her to seek no further, she had found her partner. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 10) [B]JOEY POISON vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] Oxford was accompanied out to the ring by Jessica Danielson, who set up her computer on a small table at ringside. Throughout the match, Oxford kept checking with Danielson. She would signal to him one way or another what he should do. That nearly cost him in the early going. He was apparently a bit too confused by what she was trying to tell him and Poison nearly took him out. But then Oxford was able to rally. He stomped Poison pretty badly and, when Jessica signaled, put Joey in a triangle-choke. Quicker than you might expect, Joey tapped out. WINNER: [B]Robert Oxford [/B]in 12:54 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 11) Jay Chord and Marc Speed came out to the ring and mocked J-Ro and Fire Fly, saying that they were absolutely no threat to them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 12) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ & AMAZING FIRE FLY vs. JAY CHORD & MARC SPEED[/B] Call this “spaghetti” booking. I’m tossing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Part of it is the fact that I don’t have that many tag teams in the MWA. I’d like to be able to find more. Since the “Firebirds” didn’t pan out, I figured I would try J-Ro with Fly. They don’t have good chemistry together, but then, they don’t have bad either. The same with Marc and Jay. And they put on a decent match. The crowd really got into it, especially since Fire Fly was the wild card in the match. The other three stuck to mat-based offense and power moves while Fly would interject himself with aerial attacks when he could. In the end, J-Ro took out Jay with the J-Rocker for the pin and the win. WINNER: [B]Joanne Rodriguez & Amazing Fire Fly [/B]in 9:31 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 13) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring. Instead of talking about Chance Fortune, he instead focused on Alicia Strong. He put forward the theory that Alicia hadn’t really been kidnaped, that she had actually just run away out of fear of facing him in the ring for the title. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 14) [B]CHANCE FORTUNE vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] A really great match to cap off the night. Chance looked utterly pissed at Mean Jean’s analysis of the situation and that anger interfered in his judgment. Jean took an early lead in the match using a little bit of underhanded tactics. But eventually Chance came back and the momentum swung back and forth between the two men. Chance looked like he might actually win things. He went after the Stroke of Luck, but Mean Jean ducked the kick. He then caught Chance and fired off a Mood Swing that rocked the ring and ended in a pin. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 19:42 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B-[/COLOR] 15) Mean Jean celebrated, holding his title in front of Chance’s face and mocking the fallen man. But then someone charged out of the crowd. At first, the Rev and I thought it was an enraged fan, but then we realized, much to our surprise, that it was Alicia Strong! Alicia looked horrible: her hair was a mess, grime covered her face, and she was dressed in ratty old sweats. She kept after Mean Jean, though, beating him soundly before the champ escaped out of the ring. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Davis Wayne Newton and Fire Fly were overused on this show. But it was one of our better shows in recent memory. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Battleground”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated Debbie Rose to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Ash Campbell [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated MI-07 to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Robert Oxford defeated Joey Poison -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Joanne Rodriguez & Amazing Fire Fly defeated Jay Chord & Marc Speed -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Chance Fortune to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]B-[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 3, March 2011 -[/I][/B] I released Lilly & Rose from their contracts with us. I had hoped they would turn out to be better than they were. It won’t save us a lot of money in the long run, but that’s okay. [B][I]Sunday of Week 4, March 2011 -[/I][/B] In an effort to control our expenses, I fired the Crippler. He was costing us a mint every show. I figure I can do the road agent work for the matches. [B][I]Monday of Week 1, March 2011 -[/I][/B] I came into the Garrison feeling pretty upbeat. Sure, we had taken a financial beating in the previous month (losing $9,792), but we were beginning to become more and more over in the different territories. Hopefully we’d be able to hit Cult before too long and get on Pay-Per-View before any of the other regional promotions. Our next “On the Road” was in four days and I was looking forward to keeping the momentum of our storylines going. Several of the workers were coming in to rehearse some of the matches. I was a little nervous about that. This show would be the first I worked as a road agent and an announcer. Things might get a little dicey. Instead of finding everyone warming up in the ring, I instead found most of my workers clustered together in huddles. For a split second, I grew worried. I know I had just trimmed our roster by three people, but I didn’t think that would be enough to foment a revolution. Then I realized that most of them were crying. Alicia Strong and Mean Jean sat by Jay Chord, their arms around him. The Rev pulled me aside and the look on his face was enough to tell me everything. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“When and how?”[/COLOR] I asked.

From ProWrestlingHits.com - [QUOTE][B][SIZE="3"]Legendary Wrestler Rip Chord Passed Away[/SIZE][/B] Rip Chord, a household name in the wrestling community, passed away late last night after an SWF episode of ThrowDown! Rip was 61 years old. The cause of Rip’s death is still unknown although there has been speculation that it was somehow related to Rip’s many years of alcoholism. Representative Gladys Mortenson, who conducted a congressional hearing on steroid abuse in professional wrestling, has suggested that it was due to illicit drugs. But according to Rip’s autobiography, Wrestling My Demons, he never resorted to steroids or illegal drugs. Rip worked a variety of smaller promotions before signing with the SWF. After leaving the SWF, Rip opened Mid Atlantic Wrestling as a way to work with younger, undiscovered talent. After MAW folded several years ago, he was brought back to the SWF to work as a road agent. Memorial services will be held early next week. Rip is survived by his wife and his son, Jay Chord, who is currently wrestling for the MWA, CZCW, and DaVE.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your kind words. As for Jay's push after his father's death, I'll admit to being a bit sentimental about him. I have an idea of how to include him in an upcoming storyline, but I'mnot even sure if the storyline will work that well. I will say this, though. Something rather odd happened in response to Rip's death. I won't say what it is just yet, but the MWA indirectly benefited from it in a way I can't explain. I'll point it out after it happens. Oh, and Buddy, WeSpri4 includes "audience mode", in which you can book dream matches and then watch how they unfold. :D

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, April 2011 -[/I][/B] Also in the news, the Stomper officially hung up his boots, but that story was overshadowed by Rip’s passing. [B][I]Tuesday of Week 1, April 2011 -[/I][/B] I had to rush to get promotional material out for our next show. Rather than go on the road again, we were going to hold a Rip Chord Memorial Show in the Garrison. But before I could even send stuff out, Jay called me on the phone and asked to meet with me. He didn’t look too good, but then, he shouldn’t have to after losing his father. After making some small talk about funeral arrangements and how his mom was doing, Jay steered the topic to the memorial show. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I want the main event,” [/COLOR]he said, his face somber. I leaned back in my chair, gritting my teeth. I had no doubts that he’d be able to carry it; truth be told, he was going to main event the “On the Road” event we were replacing with the memorial show. But I wasn’t sure if letting Rip’s kid in the ring was the healthiest thing for him to do emotionally. Jay must have read the hesitation in my eyes. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Please, Scap. The funeral’s not until Monday and I’m gonna go crazy if I have to sit around. This is what I know; this is what my family is about. Give me the main event.”[/COLOR] I sighed. Why not? [B][I]Wednesday of Week 1, April 2011 -[/I][/B] Agent 69 is now on the sidelines as well. She cracker her sternum at the last AAA after Miss Mexico botched a move. Great. But on a plus side, she’ll only be out for 22 days. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Come to the Garrison for [COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"][B]“The Rip Chord Memorial Show”[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER] In honor of one of our business’s greats, we are doing a show completely dedicated to him. Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler vs. Marc Speed Ash Campbell vs. Davis Wayne Newton Joey Poison & Ultimate Phoenix vs. MI-07 Mean Jean Cattley vs. Steven Parker Alicia Strong vs. Jay Chord[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]MWA presents... [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“The Rip Chord Memorial Show”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [I]Friday of Week 1, April 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 2,000 in attendance - SOLD OUT![/CENTER] 1) The show started with me in the ring. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming to this show. “This isn’t going to be your typical wrestling event. Tonight isn’t about feuds or championships or anything like that. Instead, tonight is about one man who had a tremendous impact on the world of professional wrestling, both in the ring and behind the scenes: Rip Chord.”[/COLOR] The audience started a chant for Rip. I waited for things to die down. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I only knew Rip for a few years but in that time, I grew to appreciate his wisdom and his knowledge of the business. To say that he’s left mighty big boots to fill is an understatement. Quite simply, no one can take his place. And frankly, I don’t think anyone would have the audacity to try. “The show will start soon enough. Right now, I ask that you please observe a moment of silence in memory of our departed friend. This will be followed by the ringing of our bell in salute to this wrestling giant.”[/COLOR] The arena fell silent. The ring bell tolled several times. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 2) And then the roof blew off the arena as Jay Chord’s entrance music hit. Jay Chord came out to the ring and waved to the crowd. Tears were already streaming down his face as he got the mic. He thanked the crowd for their support and said that he and his family truly appreciated it. He then shared some special memories about his father, talking about how much he respected Rip. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“But tonight isn’t just about memories,”[/COLOR] Jay said. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Tonight’s also about honoring my father by doing what he loved best: putting on a hell of a show. “This past Christmas, Dad was feeling a bit nostalgic, and so we wound up talking about some of the matches that he put on over the years. He spoke of battled Pat Deacon, Chief Two Eagles, and Mycroft Nero in the old Texas Wrestling League. Or how he beat Dan Stone back in ‘73 for the APWF Heavyweight Title. Or how he won his first major title by taking away Dick the Devastator’s AAFW Championship in ‘72. But there was one man he wanted to talk about the most ... Sam Strong. “Some of you may not remember this, but Dad and Sam Strong feuded for years back in the late ‘80s. It seemed like they just kept trading the SWF World Heavyweight Championship between the two of them. I know I used to watch the old tapes of Dad and Sam in action and ... and ...”[/COLOR] He teared up. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“I knew that’s what I wanted to do. I wanted to be like him. “I wish Sam Strong could be here tonight so he could know how much Dad respected him as a competitor, as a man, and as a friend. I wish he could be here so he and I could meet in the ring. But that wasn’t possible, so I’m going for the next best thing. “Alicia, what say you and I face off tonight? Strong vs. Chord, just like it used to be. Let’s make our fathers proud.”[/COLOR] Without any fanfare, Alicia came out to the ring entrance. She too had tears streaming down her cheeks. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“Jay, it would be an honor.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E+[/COLOR] for the memories and the challenge and the response 3) [B]IZAAK TISCHLER vs. MARC SPEED[/B] Izaak and Marc came out to the ring together wearing Rip Chord t-shirts. They took them off and tossed them into the crowd. And then they tore the arena down. It was a spectacular match. Lots of big moves, lots of impressive technical work. The crowd really appreciated the show that these two put on in honor of Rip Chord. The Rev and I helped things as much as we could, talking about how these two were performing for a legend tonight and you could tell. Izaak picked up the win with a DDT. When Jez MacArthuer tried to raise his hand in victory, he shook him away and instead, pointed to the heavens. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tischler [/B]in 14:52 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 4) Chance Fortune came out to the ring. He said that he didn’t feel right wrestling tonight. Instead, he wanted to speak for a moment about Rip Chord. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Some of you may know this, some of you may not, but for the past couple of years, Rip was a road agent for ... well, for a big company out east, one that I used to work for. His job was to keep an eye on things backstage and keep some of us ****y hot-heads in line. “But he did more than just keep us from picking fights. He was like a father to a lot of us. In that company, you were on the road a lot and it could wear on you. More often than not, Rip would entertain us with his war stories or teach us tricks of the trade. Or sometimes, he would just be there to lend an ear when you needed it. “Rip, I never got the chance to tell you this, but I appreciated the long talks we had out on the road. I’d like to think that you’ve made me a better wrestler and a better man.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 5) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX & JOEY POISON vs. CITIZEN X & THOMAS MARTIN[/B] Oddly enough, this turned out to be a good match for the audience to catch their breath. Citizen X and Phoenix add some spice to the match with some aerial acrobatics while Joey and Thomas worked a more mat-based fight. But it still lacked some oomph. Phoenix came out as the real star of the match. But it was Joey who finished off Thomas Morgan with an Antidote Web. WINNERS: [B]Ultimate Phoneix & Joey Poison [/B]in 11:51 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 6) Ash Campbell came out before his match and got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I never got the chance to meet Rip Chord. I wish I had. But my father, he told me that he’ll never forget the first time he met Rip Chord. “This was back when Rip was wrestling for APWF. Dad was on the wrestling team in his high school and really wanted to break into professional wrestling. So he and a buddy from his team went to a show. He said they just ate up every match and it got them more and more excited. “Anyway, after the show, Dad and his bud went out to the arena entrance to see if they could talk to any of the wrestlers as they left. All of them ignored them. All of them except Rip. Dad and his friend just gushed about how much they wanted to be a professional and how they had both lettered and all that. Rip listened to it all and then asked them to put on a quick demonstration for him. “Dad said that they figured out later that Rip was humoring them, but they eagerly started going through a bunch of moves. Well, Dad’s friend got a little too excited and slipped up. He wound up dropping Dad head first onto a car, then slamming him into the concrete. Dad said he was worried that his ma was going to kill him when she saw how busted up he got. “But he said that Rip looked him over and said he’d live. Rip then chewed out his friend for nearly killing him, but then told Dad that if he could take a beating like that and walk away, he just might make it in the industry. “Rip Chord was a major inspiration for my father and, by extension, for me. Mr. Chord, this match is for you.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 7) [B]ASH CAMPBELL vs. DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON[/B] These two put on a pretty good show for the crowd as well. Davis kept changing up his offense, which seemed to throw Ash off for a little while. But in the end, Ash pinned Davis after a brilliant Shooting Star Press. WINNER: [B]Ash Campbell [/B]in 10:35 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] 8) Mean Jean Cattley and Steven Parker came out to the ring wearing old school MAW t-shirts. They then got on the mic and explained that the reason why they were still wrestling professionally at all was because of Rip Chord. They said that Rip gave both of them their big breaks and that they would always appreciate what he taught them. They then dedicated their match against each other to him. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 9) [B]MEAN JEAN CATTLEY vs. STEVEN PARKER[/B] I suppose it should come as no surprise that these two men had good chemistry with each other. The Rev said that when you have history with someone the way these two do, it just comes with the territory. They put on a tremendous fight, at one point even laughing at each other after a series of quickly blocked and/or reversed holds. But in the end, Mean Jean picked up the victory with a Mood Swing. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 14:09 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] 10) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Paulie may have to buy a new roof after this one. Maybe it was the emotions. Maybe it was the fact that Jay and Alicia have great chemistry in the ring. Whatever it was, this was a spectacular match and a great way to end the night. Alicia and Jay just flowed together. The Rev commented that you could tell that both of them were second generation wrestlers who had grappling in their genes. The momentum swung wildly and sometimes changed in an instant as these two put it all on the line. But in the end, Jay got the crowd to their feet, screaming his father’s name, as he dropped Alicia with his father’s DDT. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 23:25 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] 11) Alicia took a moment to recover from the move, but once she had, she embraced Jay in the ring and then raised his hand in victory. They then celebrated their tremendous match together. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] Thomas Morgan was overused and a few fans were irked that they didn’t get to see Agent 69 (which seems really petty to me). But it was still one of our better shows. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“The Rip Chord Memorial Show”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler defeated Marc Speed -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Joey Poison & Ultimate Phoenix defeated Citizen X & Thomas Morgan -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Ash Campbell defeated Davis Wayne Newton -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley defeated Steven Parker -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Alicia Strong -[/I] [COLOR="blue"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Excellent use of Chord vs Strong history there, that was an excellent show! I was almost crying just reading that.... and also rubbing these chopped onions into my eyes. :) But seriously, that was an awesome show and it's awesome that they have chemistry together. I can almost sense a new generation of feud coming through right now...... just don't use Rip in storylines. This isn't a certain Sports Entertainment promotion that doesn't exist in my universe. EDIT: You do realise that if you weren't able to use her, you could've changed the advance booking you'd made with her in it. We can do that now :)

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Saturday of Week 1, April 2011 -[/I][/B] The same night we had our memorial show, Gil Thomas had a show for MAW that sold out Stanley Hall. I’m a little disappointed in Gil. From what I understand, no real mention of Rip other than a poorly put-together graphic at the beginning of the show. [B][I]Friday of Week 2, April 2011 - [/I][/B]The SWF just isn’t rebounding as well as you would think. Steve Frehley just turned down a contract extension. [B][I]Sunday of Week 2, April 2011 -[/I][/B] But they must be doing okay in other ways. They held “The World is Watching” and garnered a B rating, the highest in recent memory. At some point, Joel Kovach got the World Heavyweight Championship and I didn’t even notice. [B][I]Friday of Week 3, April 2011 -[/I][/B] And Sam Strong officially ruins one of my storylines and in the process, he screws up his daughter’s push. I had a great storyline brewing with Alicia Strong and Chance Fortune (or at least, I thought it was great). However, Sam just offered Chance a pay-per-appearance contract for USPW. Not a big deal, right? I mean, I can still use Chance in my shows. Or at least, I could, if USPW didn’t have a TV show taping on Friday nights, the same night that I have most of my events. Now, I could move my events to Saturday evening or Thursday evening so I could keep the storyline going, but Friday nights seem to be a sort of “sweet spot” for me in terms of scheduling; since I share half my roster with the other smaller promotions, I try to avoid the nights they have shows and for the most part, I’ve been able to do that (J-Ro is even skipping 5SSW tours to come to our shows now). I’d be loathe to move our shows just to keep one very expensive worker. So looks like I’ll be rewriting some stories in the future.

That show was perfect, Steven Parker and Mean Jean having chemistry, Alicia Strong and Jay Chord having chemistry. B+ CHEMISTRY! Makes me feel bad for not doing a memorial show for Arson Wells when he died and he was the owner of PWMAX. I just didn't like him though :( JAY CHORD PUSH! (just not the Rey Mysterio way!)

[CENTER]MWA presents ... [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]“Juggernaut”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Friday of Week 3, April 2011[/I] Held at the Garrison in the Mid West Territory 1,360 in attendance[/CENTER] The Rev and I welcomed our Internet audience to the Garrison. Oddly our attendance dropped. Perhaps this month’s show wasn’t quite as good. 1)[B] IZAAK TISCHLER ( c) vs. AMAZING FIRE FLY [/B]for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] An okay match. Not quite as good as Izaak usually produces, but still not bad. Izaak still looked like a great star out there. Fly interjected some high flying fun into the match before Izaak grounded him with a powerbomb. WINNER: [B]Izaak Tis[/B]chler in 7:53 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] 2) Alicia Strong came out to the ring. She thanked everyone for their prayers and well wishes during her recent ordeal. She said there was only one person to blame: Mean Jean Cattley. Alicia went on to say that she was absolutely convinced that he was the one who kidnaped her. She said that she was kept in a dank basement for months. She said the only reason she was here today was because she was able to wriggle out of her ropes and escape wherever it was they had been holding her. She said it all happened because Mean Jean was too much of a coward to face her in the ring That apparently pissed off Mean Jean. He came out to the ring entrance and told her to shut up, that it was all lies. He denied being the kidnapper and said that he didn’t know why anyone would want Alicia. As for him being a coward, he said that was ridiculous. He said he wasn’t scared of her or anyone else. That’s why he would face her later tonight. That’s why he was going to beat her down right now. He tossed down the belt and mic and started for the ring. Alicia dropped into a ready stance. Mean Jean halted halfway to the ring, looked her over, and then went back and got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“I’ll save it for later.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] 3) A video played, highlighting Kashmir Singh’s recent winning streak. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 4) Kashmir Singh came out to the ring and taunted his opponent for tonight, Hollywood Bret Starr. He said that Bret would be pinned, one-two-three, just like everyone else. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E+[/COLOR] 5) Alicia Strong was pacing backstage, looking plenty angry about her confrontation with Mean Jean. She whipped around when she realized that someone was looking at her ... only to realize that it was Izaak Tischler, still wearing his odd sci-fi uniform. Izaak said he was glad to see her back safe and sound. He went on to say that he admired her heart and her determination for not only escaping captivity but also coming back to face down the man responsible. He said he was sure that she would come out as the MWA Grand Champion. She thanked him for his kind words and, as Izaak walked away, Alicia checked him out. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 6) Hollywood Bret Starr poked his head out of his locker room to see if the coast was clear. Seeing no one, he stepped out the door and cautiously went down the hall. He double-checked every corner, making sure no one was in sight. But then he stepped through a door and came face-to-face with Playboy Jake Sawyer. Bret’s face fell. [COLOR="DarkGreen"] “Son of a ....”[/COLOR] And then Kashmir attacked him from behind. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E[/COLOR] 7) [B]HOLLYWOOD BRET STARR vs. KASHMIR SINGH[/B] Kashmir absolutely dominated Bret through this match. Bret tried to rally a few times but Kashmir was able to shut him down pretty quickly each time. Kashmir finally dropped Bret with a spinebuster and a quick roll-up. WINNER: [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]in 7:55 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 8) Jessica Danielson met with Robert Oxford backstage to discuss his upcoming match against Ultimate Phoenix. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“It would appear that this Mr. Phoenix is a pretty tough customer,” [/COLOR]Jessica commented, looking over the data on her laptop. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“We had to run a number of scenarios to determine the proper course of action, but we think we may have found his Achilles Heel. It turns out that Mr. Phoenix injured his left shoulder a number of years ago. He’s had a few operations on it and its in pretty good shape, but based on our data, it should weaken about nine minutes into the match. “At that point, any sufficient pressure on that shoulder should be agonizing. You’ll just have to outlast him until then.”[/COLOR] RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]E-[/COLOR] 9) Ash Campbell and Joey Poison came out to ringside to hype up their title match against Future Threat. They did an okay job, saying that their title reign was over. The audience just wasn’t that into them. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E[/COLOR] 10) [B]ASH CAMPBELL & JOEY POISON vs. FUTURE THREAT (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Red"]MWA Tag Team Championship[/COLOR] Hmmmm. Not quite as good as I had hoped for, but still not too bad, all things considered. I think the problem is that Davis and Ash just aren’t that over still. This match should have helped them both, especially Davis. He came out of this looking like a star, especially the way he was able to pull out a number of moves from his impressive arsenal depending on if he was facing Ash or Joey. In the end, Davis dropped Ash with a Fisherman’s Suplex. WINNERS: [B]Future Threat [/B]in 13:!5 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] 11) Jay Chord came out to the ring and barely acknowledged the fan reaction for him. He instead focused his comments on his upcoming match with Joanne Rodriguez. He said that he’s been sitting on the shelf long enough. Now’s the time for him to step forward and show the world why he’s going to become a household name. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D[/COLOR] 12) [B]JOANNE RODRIGUEZ vs. JAY CHORD[/B] Great match, simply tops. I think Jay was still rallying some sympathy from the crowd (whether we wanted him to or not). But the audience really got behind both Jay and J-Ro. It was simply the best match of the night so far. In the end, Jay knocked J-Ro unconscious with a cradle piledriver and arrogantly pinned her. WINNER: [B]Jay Chord [/B]in 11:45 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] 13) Jessica Danielson looked Robert Oxford over before he left his locker room and reminded him. He had to last nine minutes in the match before he could exploit Phoenix’s weakness. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]E-[/COLOR] 14) [B]ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs. ROBERT OXFORD[/B] Jessica Danielson accompanied her client out to the ring. The minute the bell rang, she clicked on a stopwatch and spent most of the match pacing and keeping an eye on the watch. Oxford weathered Phoenix’s initial assault and, when Phoenix tried to pin him, he simply kicked out. That was the pattern: Oxford took most of Phoenix’s attacks passively, not really defending himself. Phoenix seemed confused by this turn of events. But that changed when we got nine minutes into the match. Jessica signaled Oxford and he came to life. He took Phoenix out of the air with a vicious clothesline and then used an arm-drag take down to slam him to the mat. He then worked over his left arm (focusing on the shoulder) before finally powerbombing him into the mat and making the pin. WINNER: [B]Robert Oxford [/B]in 9:42 RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] 15) Mean Jean Cattley came out to the ring and said he’s heard the rumbling in the back and he’s seen the internet stories. He knows that people think he’s responsible for Alicia’s disappearance. He said that the idea was ludicrous. He said that he dealt with his own problems his own way. He pointed out the fact that Alicia’s little boyfriend, Chance Fortune, wasn’t here tonight and wouldn’t be back anytime soon. He said that tonight, he would pin Alicia all on his own with no one else’s help. He reminded folks that he was the MWA Grand Champion for a reason and that reason was that he was the very best. RATING: [COLOR="blue"]D-[/COLOR] 16) [B]ALICIA STRONG vs. MEAN JEAN CATTLEY (c)[/B] for [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] While Jay and J-Ro may have put in a good effort, this is easily the match of the night. Alicia came out to the ring with fire in her eyes. The Rev said it looked like she was more interested in destroying Mean Jean than in beating him. Mean Jean had a similar determined look on his face, but the Rev pointed out that his was more restrained and focused. The match itself was simply great. Some of the best work either of these two have done. Things became very physical both inside the ring and outside it. Alicia took to the air for some breath-taking high spots that kept the crowd leaping to their feet. Mean Jean got busted open at one point and soon his face was a mask of red. It looked like Alicia eventually gained control of herself and she started systematically working over Mean Jean’s arms (“Looks like she’s getting him ready for the Strong Arm Tactic,” I commented). Just as she was getting ready to take him down and out, though, half a dozen masked men charged out to ringside. They surrounded the ring and prowled around it, distracting Alicia and Jez MacArthuer. Jez kept going to the ropes to order them away and out of the arena. His distraction proved to be Alicia’s undoing. The obvious leader of the masked men tossed a pair of brass knuckles to Mean Jean. The champ caught them out of the air and then used them to knock Alicia out. He then made the pin and Jez, not seeing any of it, made the count. WINNER: [B]Mean Jean Cattley [/B]in 19:51 RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR] 17) The match is over and the leader of the masked men charged into the ring, shoving Mean Jean out of the way, and started stomping on Alicia. Mean Jean stared at him in shock and eventually whipped him around to confront him. But then Mean Jean started laughing and hugged the masked man. The masked man then pulled off his mask to reveal who it was: [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B]. Mean Jean held up his hand in victory and then got the mic. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“When I said that I always dealt with my problems, that meant that sometimes, I have to subcontract out for help. Meet my main man, Joey Beauchamp. With his help, there’s no way I’m going to lose this belt to Alicia or to anyone!”[/COLOR] They then celebrated as the crowd booed them. RATING: [COLOR="Blue"]D-[/COLOR] for the attack; [COLOR="blue"]D+[/COLOR] for the alliance [B][U]THE AFTERMATH[/U][/B] I’m not quite sure why we had such a sharp drop in attendance. I must not have done enough advertising. Oh well. I’ll have to do better next time. Overall, though, not a bad show. It should have increased our popularity by at least a little bit. FINAL RATING: [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] FROM MWA.COM - [QUOTE][U]Quick results from [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Juggernaut”[/COLOR][/U] [I]Izaak Tischler (c) defeated the Amazing Fire Fly to retain [COLOR="Red"]the MWA Rising Star Title[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [I]Kashmir Singh defeated Hollywood Bret Starr [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Future Threat (c) defeated Ash Campbell & Joey Poison to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Tag Team Championship [/COLOR][/I]- [COLOR="blue"]D[/COLOR] [I]Jay Chord defeated Joanne Rodriguez [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR] [I]Robert Oxford defeated Ultimate Phoenix [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]C-[/COLOR] [I]Mean Jean Cattley (c) defeated Alicia Strong to retain [COLOR="red"]the MWA Grand Championship[/COLOR] [/I]- [COLOR="blue"]B[/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING - [COLOR="blue"]C+[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[I][SIZE="3"]MWA Notes:[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]Monday of Week 1, May 2011 -[/I][/B] We probably oversaturated the Mid West Territory last month, but we did turn an almost $10,000 profit from the two shows. I also took the opportunity to spam all the networks and Pay-Per-View carriers. I’d be very surprised if we actually got a nibble, but I figured it’s worth a shot. [B][I]Tuesday of Week 1, May 2011 -[/I][/B] I just realized that we may want to move our shows anyway. I have the beginnings of a plot line brewing, but if it’s going to succeed we can’t have shows at the same time as USPW. That might get a little tricky, but I think we can pull it off. [B][I]Friday of Week 1, May 2011 -[/I][/B] Not surprisingly, the rejections are beginning to roll in. But not for TCW, it would appear. They have regained a national platform (aside from their Pay-Per-Views). It was just announced today that TCW TNT will be airing starting next month on CBA. From MWA.com - [QUOTE][CENTER]Be sure to join us once again for [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]“MWA On the Road”[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] exclusively at the Asylum on Friday of Week 1, May 2011![/CENTER] Featuring the following matches: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Izaak Tischler defends the MWA Rising Star Title against Kashmir Singh Jay Chord takes on Ultimate Phoenix Ash Campbell goes toe-to-toe with Marc Speed and... Alicia Strong seeks revenge against Joey Beauchamp![/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

So here's the weird thing I mentioned earlier... Like I've said before, I'm about two or three months ahead in the game than I am in the diary. The odd thing I noticed is this: before the Rip Chord show, I was pulling in approximately 1,300 per show at the Garrison. For the Rip Chord show, I sold the Garrison out. But now things are back to their pre-tribute show levels (1,300 per show once again). I don't know how to explain it. I didn't mess with anything. Maybe I just hit a sweet spot in advanced booking, but it was kind of cool. It was almost like the game knew I was honoring Rip and had a bunch of people show up. I know it doesn't work like that, but I thought it was kind of cool.

I'm at work right now, so I don't have the figures in front of me. The economy is dropping. I think we're somewhere around a D right now and it's steadily going down. The wrestling industry is rising. It's at an E (I think) and slowly going up. So off hand, I'd say we're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place with both ratings so low.

Be sure to join us once again for “MWA On the Road” exclusively at the Asylum on Friday of Week 1, May 2011! Featuring the following matches: [B]Izaak Tischler[/B] defends the MWA Rising Star Title against Kashmir Singh [B]Jay Chord [/B]takes on Ultimate Phoenix Ash Campbell goes toe-to-toe with [B]Marc Speed[/B]and... Alicia Strong seeks revenge against [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B]! with help form Jean

Be sure to join us once again for “MWA On the Road” exclusively at the Asylum on Friday of Week 1, May 2011! Featuring the following matches: [B]Izaak Tischler[/B] defends the MWA Rising Star Title against Kashmir Singh [B]Jay Chord [/B]takes on Ultimate Phoenix [B]Ash Campbell[/B] goes toe-to-toe with Marc Speedand... Alicia Strong seeks revenge against [B]Joey Beauchamp[/B]! with help form Jean (gotta be tainted though :p)

Archived