Pastoral Counseling

Rene777

There are many different kinds of psychotherapy in the market place right now. On kind of therapy that has struck my attention is doing therapy from a Christian perspective. The benefit from this kind of counseling is that it includes spiriutality when trying to bring healing to a client. One of the down sides of doing such counseling is that I am required to hold certain beliefs and behaviors as normative (they are universally correct). Sometimes I wander how others view this kind of work. What do you think about Christian counseling? :confused:

I think being spiritually clean is very important for anyone, and also a very hard thing to do as there's temptation everywhere. Maybe those beliefs or behaviors you'd be required to have would (or should) help you deal with any obstacles in the way. This is just another way of doing service for your fellow man no? and that's a good thing I'm told :)

I find it personally and spiritually rewarding to help others. While I don't often deal with seriously mentally ill individuals, others have a call to that, those that are served are adversely effected by the problems they face. Adding a spiritual componenet to their lives is just another source of strengh to fight whatever they face (i.e., temptations, negative emotions, grief). Thanks.

Archived