A Little over the top

I just got a hour long tv show, so i made a 5 vs 5 elimination match main event to show case the talent.... i did not pick a winner what happened was Davis Wayne Newton (Team 1) Eliminated The Mean Machine (Team 1) Eliminated Gargantuan (Team 1) Eliminated Erik Strong (Team 2) Eliminated Jay Chord (Team 1) Eliminated Gino Montero (Team 2) Eliminated Frankie Perez (Team 2) Eliminated Champagne Lover (Team 2) Eliminated and Finally Black Eagle of Team 2 Eliminated. Surviver Hell Monkey So basacially it ended up 4 vs 1 against my World Champ and my world champ came out on top...Crazy stuff :P, whats even better is that the last guy (Black Eagle) is the guy currently feuding with my champ.....i Love this game.

[QUOTE=mvargus;177739]the WWE actually "books" Cena? Who knew? :P They always seem to misuse Cena. The crowd seems to love him, but they way he gets booked is almost as if the writers want to destroy his momentum and overness.[/QUOTE] The fans love Cena? Has something very dramatic happened since last years Wrestlemania? They booed the crap out of him and chanted "Cena Sucks!" on pretty much every Raw he appeared on. And he was a face.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;177744]The fans love Cena? Has something very dramatic happened since last years Wrestlemania? They booed the crap out of him and chanted "Cena Sucks!" on pretty much every Raw he appeared on. And he was a face.[/QUOTE] In some places they love him, in some places they don't. Say what you will about the guy, Cena always draws a strong reaction from the crowd.

Lately I think the crowds have come around, which is owed almost entirely to the fact that his program with Edge was pretty good. Edge played the heel role well enough that the crowd had to cheer Cena. He's had some good promos in the last month too, he's not playing the goof as much anymore. Now it seems like his boos pretty much come from the "smart" parts of the crowd and everyone else is on his bandwagon.

[quote]The fans love Cena? Has something very dramatic happened since last years Wrestlemania? They booed the crap out of him and chanted "Cena Sucks!" on pretty much every Raw he appeared on. And he was a face.[/quote] As a matter of fact, yes. Edge happened. Edge vs. Cena was the big title feud for a huge portion of the year, and Cena wrestling a heel who was actually interested in being a heel did wonders for his popularity. Since he didn't have to deal with guys trying to make themselves look better at his expense or just flat-out leeching his heat, and instead was programmed opposite a guy in Edge who could generate incredible, real heel heat on himself [i]and[/i] make Cena look better, he was able to get most of the crowds back on his side. There are still some cities that boo him (generally in the Northeast), but by and large the fans love him again. Another reason I firmly believe Edge was WWE's MVP for this past year, but that's anothr discussion entirely. EDIT: Damn my slow typing. :(

[QUOTE=Almaida;177763]As a matter of fact, yes. Edge happened. Edge vs. Cena was the big title feud for a huge portion of the year, and Cena wrestling a heel who was actually interested in being a heel did wonders for his popularity. Since he didn't have to deal with guys trying to make themselves look better at his expense or just flat-out leeching his heat, and instead was programmed opposite a guy who could generate incredible, real heat, he was able to get most of the crowds back on his side. There are still some cities that boo him (generally in the Northeast), but by and large the fans love him again. Another reason I firmly believe Edge was WWE's MVP for this past year, but that's anothr discussion entirely. EDIT: Damn my slow typing. :([/QUOTE] Sorry dude.

Ah, cool. I missed out on all that due to living in the UK and not having Sky Sports. Hence, no WWE programming :( Roll on January 6th. Up-to-date TNA Impact! :D D can watch wrestling again! (Yeah, we have The Wrestling Channel. But that seems to be World of Sport reruns and Cage Fighter only at the moment. Which is good because I like MMA. But not too good for anything else).

World of Sport World of Sport World of Sport Cage Fighter Cage Fighter World of Sport. Great going TWC. I can see why they renamed it TWCFight! now. Bravo2 is getting Impact, and showing it every Saturday at 10pm. It'll also be showing TNA PPV's on a three-day delay (the first being Final Resolution on January 17th).

In my personal opinion I think the fans used to hate him as a face *before* the Marine. I also think that is why the WWE kept Cena face for such a rediculously long time in anticipation of the Marine coming out. It was filmed in 2004, but didn't come out until 2006. Fans started booing him as a face somewhere in 2005.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;178062]Damn you American fans, you can actually go to them live :P You still win.[/QUOTE] Not all of us. I live in the black hole of wrestling. I believe the nearest event in the past few years has been in Denver.... ...275 miles (as the crow flies) away.

Or if there is a promotion around, it's only one, and it doesn't always have the greatest talent to go and watch. But isn't 1PW, FWA, IWW, and others in the UK. Even ROH will be doing some shows over there. ROH is based here in the United States and they won't be coming to Arizona before they do a show in freaking Iraq.

[QUOTE=Travis;178133]Or if there is a promotion around, it's only one, and it doesn't always have the greatest talent to go and watch. But isn't 1PW, FWA, IWW, and others in the UK. Even ROH will be doing some shows over there. ROH is based here in the United States and they won't be coming to Arizona before they do a show in freaking Iraq.[/QUOTE] While it's true we do have 1PW, FWA and IWW over here in the UK, they are not heavily advertised outside of their respective websites. Also, they usually stick to one area, and don't have much, if any, star power. Basically, if I mentioned someone like Alex Shane to you, would you know who he is? The average wrestling fan, be it from the UK or US, wouldn't, yet he's one of the UK's most popular talent's. Also, the reason most wrestling PPV's are free over here is because there isn't a great wrestling market in the UK. The general feeling toward wrestling is that it's fake, it's not worth wasting time watching it. Hence why only PPV's like WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, etc. are one's we have to pay for. And again, WWE isn't heavily advertised over here outside of it's own programming. The week before a PPV that we have to pay for, the show will be advertised, but again it's mainly during their normal weekly TV shows.

So far in the UK I've seen EX-ECW's The Dominator and FWA high-flyer Jonny Storm. :D The state of English wrestling isn't that bad, we get quite a few indie stars appearing at shows. The increasing amount of Wrestling Schools is great too. The only downside is.. they're more like 1-off appearances, they scoot back off to America after an appearance or two. What we need really is a once a year huge event, abit like Wrestling Revival by FWA, some who appeared at the event were Eddie Guerrero, D-Lo Brown, etc.. it'd really get fans interested. But referring to the original topic: Hell Monkey is that damn good. :P

Archived