Engagement Announcement

[QUOTE=Rocland;177674][IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q298/Rocland_2007/TEWGAYNESS.jpg[/IMG] No point to this really. I hope I'm invited to the wedding. Has anyone else seen this?[/QUOTE]I wonder what Sylvan would have to say about that. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;177721]wow.... How did the computer know that Patterson was gay? Unless he's set as a female in your data, lol. Congratulations to the happy couple. Here's a wedding gift. [CENTER][IMG]http://www.pinkproducts.co.uk/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/hishistowelsdialarge.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE] Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Thats a nice gift Fenoli! I'm not sure if he's a female or not. Neither of them work for me.

You can't really set a worker to be gay in the game, but you can set any relationship to any two database entries. So if Pat Patterson and Steve Lombardi were (properly) set to be dating, the only directions that the relationship could have gone were a breakup or an engagement. But the game still doesn't necessarily recognize them as gay, because after the breakup either one of them would have had future relationships with females. The game seems to let you start off with gay relationships, but doesn't generate them itself. This is probably because statistically speaking, the ratio of men to women in the average database would lead to an unrealistically high number of gay relationships between two dudes and almost none between two women.

[QUOTE=panix04;177978]it happened in wrespi2, someone mentioned Sylvan there as well, is there a backstory there that im unaware of?[/QUOTE] Grenier and Patterson are largely rumoured to be, ahem, "close friends". There's even some suggestion that this "friendship" is the reason he got hired in the first place. Well lets face it, it wasn't because of his wrestling skill.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;178067]Grenier and Patterson are largely rumoured to be, ahem, "close friends". There's even some suggestion that this "friendship" is the reason he got hired in the first place. Well lets face it, it wasn't because of his wrestling skill.[/QUOTE] He wasn't even a wrestler before his tryout, and it's rumoured he performed certain 'favours' for Patterson, much like what really happened for Patterson to win the Intercontinental Title ;)

[QUOTE=sitebender;178073]I have seen this in ALL of the TEW and EWR games. I am serious. It is one of those easter eggs. I think since EWR 1 it has been in there.[/QUOTE] It's not an easter egg, that's absolute garbage. It happens because people put the relationship into the game via the editor to begin with, thus forcing either a break up or an engagement as that's the only two ways a relationship can go from dating.

Pat Patterson is gay, I believe that much is common knowledge. Although I don't believe that he won the IC title through any services, his victory in 'Rio de Janeiro' was a joke on his alternative lifestyle, as Rio is known for things like the carnival, flamboyance and generally a more liberal lifestyle. Patterson was a fine worker and had decent charisma back in the day, which is much more of a reason for him getting the title. Also, he and McMahon are/were very good friends, and I'm sure that helped.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;178096]It's not an easter egg, that's absolute garbage. It happens because people put the relationship into the game via the editor to begin with, thus forcing either a break up or an engagement as that's the only two ways a relationship can go from dating.[/QUOTE] I assure you people, I didn't set Pat Patterson and Steve Lombardi to be dating. Although it is converted data. So someone must've at some point.

[QUOTE=James Casey;178120]Pat Patterson is gay, I believe that much is common knowledge. Although I don't believe that he won the IC title through any services, his victory in 'Rio de Janeiro' was a joke on his alternative lifestyle, as Rio is known for things like the carnival, flamboyance and generally a more liberal lifestyle.[/QUOTE]HOLY **** BUDDY ROGERS WAS GAY TOO! :eek:

Archived