Exclusive PPA Question

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm misunderstanding the Exclusive PPA deal (more than likely the latter): I'm playing as DaVE and Hell's Bouncer started getting feelers from other companies. So I signed him to a 9 month Exclusive PPA deal. And the very next day he signed a regular PPA deal with USPW. Now USPW has run several show and Bouncer hasn't appeared for them. So does that mean that the AI signed him even though he can't appear for them at all until the deal runs out in 9 months? And conceivably I could just extend his deal in 8 months or so and he'd never get a chance to appear for them? Also am I right in assuming that even under an Exclusive PPA deal a bigger company could steal a worker?

You're correct in assuming that. Even though it's exclusive, it's still a PPA deal. So he can still be offered other jobs. He just has to leave you if he takes one (which if you're a larger company, he's less likely to do). They haven't used him because they can't for seven days. You get a week to finish off any storylines with him in, before he leaves you. Although you did say 'several shows', which indicates more than a week. Hmm. If it has been over a week since he signed for them, that might be a bug. He's supposed to leave your company once he's served his notice.

Ah...I don't think I'm being clear. I signed Hell's Bouncer to an Exclusive PPA deal, which I thought to mean that he was still on a PPA deal, but only able to appear in my company, for the length of the deal. But USPW signed him to a PPA deal as well. Which I thought was strange since according to my deal he can't appear anyhwere else for 9 months. So either the AI is a bit off (or exceptionally patient) or Hell's Bouncer will start appearing for USPW shortly and make the "exclusive" portion of my contract pretty much meaningless-and its a bug. Has anyone else signed an Exclusive PPA agreement who might have some knowledge about this?

I made the same mistake as well. Apparently an exclusive PPA means the worker can appear on your show only. (he can't work for anyone else AT THE SAME TIME). However, he is free to sign a pay per appearance with another fed (usually bigger), which requires him to leave your company as he can't work both.

You'll lose him. He was exclusive to you on a PPA. But anyone on a PPA deal can be taken away from you as he now will be. E-PPA contracts aren't good for small promotions (or anywhere that has a promotion bigger than you) as workers will simply leave you to NOT be exclusive given a chance. E-PPA is best used by promotions like... well, 21CW. Too small to be big but in a place with no real competition either. Means no-one in the local area is going to steal their local talent or try to job them out either. Whereas in DAVE's case, if you have anyone on an E-PPA that isn't loyal to you then you're going to lose out to USPW, SWF, TCW, NOTBPW, CGC, BHOTWG (perhaps) or PGHW (maybe) in fairly short order if any of them come knocking. For DAVE, PPA deals are probably the way forward in future, unless you don't think anyone would really want you dude :)

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;177832]Well I just don't want him signing a written deal anywhere else. The PPA thing is fine since he can still appear on my show. I'll keep an eye on it; if he doesn't appear for USPW for nine months then I guess the exclusive portion did its job.[/QUOTE] You're missing the point of the answers completely. How it should work is that now he has signed with USPW, you WILL LOSE HIM. The Ex-PPA contract means that he can only work for you, UNLESS he signs a deal (written or PPA, it doesn't matter) elsewhere, in which case he HAS TO GIVE UP your contract. So after the week's notice period, he should now only be working for USPW. If he is still available for both you and USPW after that week, then it is a bug - report it in the Tech Support Forum and keep hold of the save game as Adam may well need to see it.

Archived