Better Popularity, Less Sponsor money

I'm not attempting to answer that, because I probably don't know anyway, but I am curious. What are the circumstances under which you are bleeding cash like that? And what exactly is the popularity/sponsorship relationship? There's sponsorship in this game? lol I'd be interested in seeing the answer.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;177847]Im not bleeding cash. I started with only 2000 dollars and I am Penny Pinching every chance I get. and you start with sponsors.[/QUOTE] I tend to overstate my metaphors. Sorry. But where are the sponsors? And I'm sorry for not being able to fully understand this; I'm not TRYING to bust chops, I just don't really get what the problem is.

you START with them. They are automatically given to you. and by penny pinching I mean that I use Myself in every match, and even though I have talents like Rhino Umaga, Snap Dragon, Air Attack Weasel and others I choose to trade for talents that I pay 100 dollars and I use talents like Cal Sanders and Dusty Bin, that cost 100-125 a show.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;177826]Adam, I have no clue about bugs, however, I am a struggling local fed and I am on the verge of breaking into the next size. Yet When I go to my finances I have seen that I have lost an average of about 9.5 dollars every month for 4 months. Why is this?[/QUOTE] Have you checked if the Economy or Wrestling Industry in your country is falling. If they are then you probably have your answer there.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;177854]you START with them. They are automatically given to you. and by penny pinching I mean that I use Myself in every match, and even though I have talents like Rhino Umaga, Snap Dragon, Air Attack Weasel and others I choose to trade for talents that I pay 100 dollars and I use talents like Cal Sanders and Dusty Bin, that cost 100-125 a show.[/QUOTE] Have you got any worker's with large downside's? If so you will be paying them wether they pefrom or not.

[QUOTE=RabidKeeblerElf;177846]There's sponsorship in this game? lol[/QUOTE] Don't visit the 'Finance' section much, do ya? :p There's a category on your balance sheet in the Finance section that says, "Sponsors". It's essentially free money you get for merely existing. No, you can't/don't have to go out and find sponsors, they're just there. Call it manna from heaven. Every month, you get a cash influx from these sponsors that varies in amount by your promotion size (so I guess popularity might factor in somewhat). When you're local and small, that money can be the only positive cash flow you have. Once you hit Regional and above, it's essentially chump change (but nice to have, nonetheless).

[QUOTE=NickC13573;177826]Adam, I have no clue about bugs, however, I am a struggling local fed and I am on the verge of breaking into the next size. Yet When I go to my finances I have seen that I have lost an average of about 9.5 dollars every month for 4 months. Why is this?[/QUOTE] Other have already said this but I believe your sponsorship money depends on both the economy and the wrestling industry as does merchandising (no one interest in wrestling then no one buys the merchandise). I started off along the same lines as you. I'm at 1y7months now and finally starting to go back up in cash. At the end of year one I was at approximately $750. The economy for me at the end of year one was F+ (and falling) and wrestling industry was F (and falling). One thing I noticed that although you get less sponsorship money its still relatively constant. In anycase once the enomy turned up again I started making money on mechandise (ie. 300 - 600 on each month depending on who I used as opposed to $14 - 60). Still every month I go into the red (just my style :) ) until I get my month end windfall, as I'm paing 1200 - 1800 in wages a month.

Huh Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to adjust your business thinking. Rather than think "How much profit am I making?", ask yourself. 1.) How much money do I have at the beginning of the month? 2.) How much does it cost to run an event? 3.) Can I afford to run an event this month? 4.) How much money will I have at the end of the month, when sponsor money comes in, maintenance costs are paid, etc? For my local (now small) indy fed, I started with $2500. The following are my end of month balances after sponsor money comes in, maintenance costs are paid, etc. End of each month: Jan 2007 - $1992 Feb 2007 - $3693 Mar 2007 - $3273 Apr 2007 - $2756 May 2007 - $2235 Jun 2007 - $1,817 July 2007 - $3430 Aug 2007 - $5105 Sep 2007 - $2523 Oct 2007 - $4283 Nov 2007 - $7845 If you want to get technical, for Jan, May, and June 2007, I have failed to make a profit when compared to my beginning balance. Obviously, the remaining months, I am above, and technically am "profitable". There have been months where I did not run an event, because I could not afford to run an event ($2200 for workers & production costs) As of right now, I've grown to small size, and after doing some quick math, it'll now cost roughly $6000 to run an event (workers & production costs). So from Sept 2007-Nov 2007, I have not run an event, because I obviously cannot afford to do so. When I finish running my Nov event, I'll definitely have less than $2500, which is less than what I began with (techncially not 'profitable'). I also anticipate not being able to afford running a show in Dec 2007, but being able to do so in Jan 2007. Hope this helps.

[QUOTE=Actarus;178088]Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to adjust your business thinking. Rather than think "How much profit am I making?", ask yourself. 1.) How much money do I have at the beginning of the month? 2.) How much does it cost to run an event? 3.) Can I afford to run an event this month? 4.) How much money will I have at the end of the month, when sponsor money comes in, maintenance costs are paid, etc? For my local (now small) indy fed, I started with $2500. The following are my end of month balances after sponsor money comes in, maintenance costs are paid, etc. End of each month: Jan 2007 - $1992 Feb 2007 - $3693 Mar 2007 - $3273 Apr 2007 - $2756 May 2007 - $2235 Jun 2007 - $1,817 July 2007 - $3430 Aug 2007 - $5105 Sep 2007 - $2523 Oct 2007 - $4283 Nov 2007 - $7845 If you want to get technical, for Jan, May, and June 2007, I have failed to make a profit when compared to my beginning balance. Obviously, the remaining months, I am above, and technically am "profitable". There have been months where I did not run an event, because I could not afford to run an event ($2200 for workers & production costs) As of right now, I've grown to small size, and after doing some quick math, it'll now cost roughly $6000 to run an event (workers & production costs). So from Sept 2007-Nov 2007, I have not run an event, because I obviously cannot afford to do so. When I finish running my Nov event, I'll definitely have less than $2500, which is less than what I began with (techncially not 'profitable'). I also anticipate not being able to afford running a show in Dec 2007, but being able to do so in Jan 2007. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE] Cool. I was wondering if sponsorship money came in even if you did not run an event that month. I never tested it (which is why I went bankrupt on my first game). Anyway my strat worked this time and I can balance the budget (as a plus, running a show every month has helped develop the skills of my workers and their popularity so I'm making more money on merchandise). But at least now I know I can hold off for a month if things get dire.

Archived