Hi people. Last night I made the purchase of TEW 2007, having played around with the demo a bit & liking what I saw. However, I’m completely new to this type of game & was wondering if there is a beginner’s guide anywhere? Also, what would be the best promotion to start with? It was late when I finally made the purchase, so I only had a brief shot at the game, but was working with the DAVE fed. I’m looking for a fed that’s not too big, but has the potential to go places & can sign some decent workers. Graham.

D-Lyrium made a fantastic FAQ for 05', but I'm sure it will take a little more time for a new 07' to be put out... I can't remember if DAVE has risen above cult level in 07', but they would be the next best thing down from SWF and TCW, in America anyway... I would choose them...

[QUOTE=James Casey;177945] Pay attention to anything D-Lyrium says, though - He seems to know everything.[/QUOTE] And ignore everything i say, cos i know nothing! :D Anyway here is the TEW2005 FAQ people have been referring to, it isn't up to date, but seeing as TEW07 was built around the TEW05 game engine it should give you a pretty big head start. JC is right though D-Lyrium, Derek B and Remianen all really know there stuff, so listen carefully to any advice they give!:)

C+ shows good in 07 for your first ever show but with the same promotion in 05 would of gotten you most likey a B- or B but that is just because it is harder to book in 07 than it is in 05. I should know i played the demo for 07(Don't have 07 yet) and i kept getting C+ shows, but in 05 right which i am playing as i type the last 2 months i've been booking B and B+ shows right now.

so what is the better challenge in this game: starting with one of the pre-made feds & earning the right to create your own, or creating your own & trying to 'take over the world?' i am playing with the Dave fed, but been wondering if it'd be better using a smaller fed & trying to earn a TV deal etc?!

[QUOTE=beats;181651]so what is the better challenge in this game: starting with one of the pre-made feds & earning the right to create your own, or creating your own & trying to 'take over the world?' i am playing with the Dave fed, but been wondering if it'd be better using a smaller fed & trying to earn a TV deal etc?![/QUOTE] The biggest challenge in the game would be starting a local promotion and working it up to global level. There are ways to make it even more challenging as well (make 'Cult', 'Risque', and 'Hardcore' Key Features with 'Mainstream' at 'None', for example).

Archived