The Otherverse

[b]About:[/b] I've been thinking for a while that I should at least attempt to make my own mod. I've followed the series back to EWR and it always interested me how people spent their time making these mods based on real life events, such as DOTT, the Golden Era mod, etc. So I decided to at least start my own mod..most of the interesting years in actual professional wrestling have already been claimed, and I don't wanna be a copycat or anything, so what I'm doing is making a mod with my own people, my own promotions..my own little world, to be exact. Some people have already started work on those, and that's cool, but i'm starting my own as well. Here's the basic info so far. [b]Story:[/b] Timmy Kirk has started his own wrestling promotion, labeled Backyward Wrestling Alliance. The name is pretty self-explanitory..he's running shows from his own backyard. However, Timmy has high hopes- someday, he wants to be with the top dogs of the wrestling industry- Total Package Wrestling and Weird World of Wrestling. Will his big hopes come into frutation, or is he just another kid dreaming more than he should? [b]Promotions [as of 1/9][/b] [b]Total Pro Wrestling[/b]: The largest company in North America. Focuses on traditional wrestling. [b]Weird World of Wrestling[/b]: The second biggest company in North America. More focused on crude humor and attractive women rather than actual wrestling. [b]Tag Team Turmoil Wrestling[/b]: A company that only focuses on tag team wrestling. Has a cult following. [b]Uprising Alliance Wrestling[/b]: A cult promotion that focuses on both aspects of TPW and WWW. [b]NEO American Wrestling[/b]: A small promotion that borrows the aspects of the Japanese style of wrestling. [b]Impact Wrestling Alliance[/b]: Another small promotion, focuses on technichal wrestling. [b]Women's Wrestling NOW[/b]: Regional promotion; focuses on women's wrestling. [b]Pro Wrestling X[/b]: A new National promotion that only opened in August 2005. Managed to get a deal with ESPN2 and is garnering decent ratings. Will it be able to survive any further? [b]Full Scale Pro[/b]: A rather small promotion; branched out from a high profile wrestling promotion called Ultimate Alliance in it's dying days. Will it be able to maintain the momentum that it's predecessor once had? [b]Latest Information [as of 1/9][/b]: *I want to get this mod out, at least the first version, out by March 1st. This is more of a due date to me. This isn't set in stone, though, anything can happen. *36 workers and 8 promotions have been added, should get to about 50-65 by the end of the week. *The first version will only have American promotions. Future versions will have more workers from other countries. This is because if I wait until all of the universe is complete, I'd have no idea when it would come out. Completing the American universe is my first goal. And that's it for now..I have high hopes for this project, and I hope a lot of people get interested..I know a lot of people are starting their own mods but I think mine will have some twists that others want, so at least keep an eye out for this one :)

I think it is very admirable how you are going about this. A well made fictional data is always more enjoyable to play, as you don't have to worry about it being just another interpretation. Or an interpretation of an interpretation, as is often the case. ;) I particularly like the setup you've laid out. A Japanese-type fed in America? A promotion that only features tag team wrestling? Both very interesting possibilities. Good luck with it!

Right now i'm focusing on setting up the history of the Otherverse (it's a tentative title, BTW). Some of the promotions date back to the seventies, so i'm going to decide how to do title lineages, among other things. I also want to set a roster before I continue adding anymore. Right now the only one I've really worked on is 3TW (Tag Team Turmoil Wrestling). I might set up a site later with the backstory but I'm not sure. Is there a place where I can get generic renders of people that aren't associated with the CornellVerse? I'm not that good with photoshop or any of those programs.

[QUOTE=Br26;179157]Right now i'm focusing on setting up the history of the Otherverse (it's a tentative title, BTW). Some of the promotions date back to the seventies, so i'm going to decide how to do title lineages, among other things. I also want to set a roster before I continue adding anymore. Right now the only one I've really worked on is 3TW (Tag Team Turmoil Wrestling). I might set up a site later with the backstory but I'm not sure. Is there a place where I can get generic renders of people that aren't associated with the CornellVerse? I'm not that good with photoshop or any of those programs.[/QUOTE] You can ask them on the Render thread for specific render's (give them an idea of what your looking for, what they are about, etc.) and they will make you something unbelievable more then likely. Another way you could go about it, for people you haven't actually made yet, is just ask them what if you can use any they already did, or if they will post some for you to use. Alot of times artists already have an image of how the person is, so they might even include that for you as well, making the creative parts of some of your wrestler's or stars a little easier for you. For your own Render with background and all, you can ask away on that as well, letting them know what you want. I am very impressed with alot of the work (since I started watching them). They have come a long way in a very short time.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;178489]I think it is very admirable how you are going about this. A well made fictional data is always more enjoyable to play, as you don't have to worry about it being just another interpretation. Or an interpretation of an interpretation, as is often the case. ;) I particularly like the setup you've laid out. A Japanese-type fed in America? A promotion that only features tag team wrestling? Both very interesting possibilities. Good luck with it![/QUOTE] I was impressed with it too, and the promotions are already interesting just by name alone!

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;179214]You can ask them on the Render thread for specific render's (give them an idea of what your looking for, what they are about, etc.) and they will make you something unbelievable more then likely. Another way you could go about it, for people you haven't actually made yet, is just ask them what if you can use any they already did, or if they will post some for you to use. Alot of times artists already have an image of how the person is, so they might even include that for you as well, making the creative parts of some of your wrestler's or stars a little easier for you. For your own Render with background and all, you can ask away on that as well, letting them know what you want. I am very impressed with alot of the work (since I started watching them). They have come a long way in a very short time.[/QUOTE] I'm still making a roster list, so once I get it finished i'll ask around for some renders. Thanks

Just a quick update for today. I finished on the entire roster of 3TW and simmed it a few years..apprently not all the teams team together, but the majority do. Oh well. Next I'm starting work on the smaller rosters, then the big two eventually. I got names and gimmicks down so I miggght be done adding all of the workers by th end of the week, can't promise anything. I'm also adding a few more promotions to fill out the US roster: [b]Pro Wrestling X[/b]: A new National promotion that only opened in August 2005. Managed to get a deal with ESPN2 and is garnering decent ratings. Will it be able to survive any further? [b]Full Scale Pro[/b]: A rather small promotion; branched out from a high profile wrestling promotion called Ultimate Alliance in it's dying days. Will it be able to maintain the momentum that it's predecessor once had? I'm still in the process of creating the site for the Otherverse, but I dunno when's that going to happen..in a few days, I suspect.

Thanks guys. I haven't done much work on it today and I apologize, but I have updated the starting topic with new information, including a possible release date..or at least a due date for myself. I don't know what to do in terms of pictures for wrestlers. For version 1 theres going to be at least 350-400 entered workers, and they all need pictures. I dont know if someone has the time to actually do all those, maybe if its a group effort..but until then that's in the backburner to the actual data.

Archived