Post Your Best Cards Here...(I can't buy an 'A')

So, this thread is for those who don't want to make a full fledged dynasty, but would like to share what's going on in their promotion...mostly I made this thread to lament on how hard it is to get an 'A' Show on this dang game...check out this card and see what you think. [B]PGHW PRIDE TOUR: NIGHT 4[/B] [B]Pre-Show: Joshua Taylor d. Frankie Perez - RATING: C (Nice matchup of young gaijins looking to make it in a PGHW ring)[/B] [B]Team Toronto d. The Zoo (Hell Monkey and Masked Cougar) - RATING: B (Cougar and Monkey are performing nicely as a tag team on their tour of Japan...winning the International Tag Team Titles, but fell just short of one of PGHW's most established teams)[/B] [B]Tetsunori Yasuda d. Wael Hossam, retains Historical Japan Title - RATING: B- (Solid match as Hossam continues to get rave reviews, unfortunately his technical prowess could not best young strong styler Yasuda in a PGHW ring)[/B] [B]Kozue Kawashima d. Masaru Ugaki - Protege v. Protege match - RATING: A (Surprise match of the night, the young up and comers battle for the honor of their teachers...Miwa's student, Kawashima comes out over Musashibo's in a thrilling matchup)[/B] [B]Dread and Mike Watson d. William Hayes and Ray Diaz - RATING: B- (Mike Watson, representing INSPIRE teams with the gaijin legend Dread, and they take on Raymond Diaz who debuts his new tag partner, "Slick" William Hayes. Watson comes out on top in his final appearance for PGHW before returning to INSPIRE.[/B] [B]Shuji Inukai d. Koshiro Ino - ELITE SERIESTOURNAMENT - RATING: B (Solid matchup as the Elite Series' second round matchups begin...rebellious freelancer Ino is unable to use his knowledge of worldwide wrestling to vanquish PGHW mainstay Inukai[/B] [B]Buddy Garner d. Nobuatsu Tatsuko - ELITE SERIES TOURNAMENT - RATING: A (Garner continues his hot streak in PGHW since choosing to return to PGHW over BHOTWHG...beats Tatsuko handily by submission...crowd got way behind the gaijin)[/B] [B]Mito Miwa d. PRIDE Koiso - ELITE SERIES TOURNAMENT - RATING B+ (The youngster Koiso's hot streak is ended, as Miwa looked on a mission to redeem himself of his below average title run in '05) [/B] [B]Bryan Vessey d. Eisaku Kunomasu - ELITE SERIES TOURNAMENT - RATING: A* (Vessey continues his meteoric rise to singles stardom as the Glory Crown holder is able to vanquish his toughest challenge yet, could he make it a Glory Crown/Elite Series twofer?[/B] [I]Now as I watched this show go by, I was sure I finally had my Card Of The Year Candidate, but at the end I get a B+...I had a MOTY candidate between two midcarders, and some solid non-PGHW talent making appearances. Everybody was on the ball...but still no A. Post some of your best cards![/I]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm working with CZCW right now, and so far my best show came last week on my weekly TV show "Costal Warfare" when I got a B- overall, with a sell out of a 1,000 peeps in the South West. Fox Mask defeated Roderick Remus, Angel De Mexico, & Joey Beauchamp [C+, it was my dark match and didn't serve any purpose other than giving Remus, Angel & Joey some ring time] Manic Mario (c) defeated Plague [B, Manic Mario (Mario Heroic) holds the CZCW Xtreme Title and has put on some crazy good matches with Plague as of late. I'm kinda using them as a way to heighten my shows, cause they are steadily getting higher and higher ratings] Citizen X defeats Sylvian "The Stretcher" [C, I've been pushing Citizen X as far as he can go and in this match I just wanted to get Sylvian some ring time as well. He's a created character I had as a new worker to debut within the first couple months of my game... Kind of a knock off on the early Brett Hart... Great technical worker well beyond his years after being trained from the age of 14 by Sean McFly.] Ultimate Pheonix (c) vs. defeated Spanish Superfly & Stephen Flash [B-, This was my main event for the CZCW Championship. Ultimate Pheonix has been my main face since I first took over the company, and puts on some good matches if matched up with the right people. While this wasn't his best match, it went pretty well for a small fed like CZCW.]

I'm playing as WWE and I've only booked one show so far. Monday Night RAW actually scored a B+ and I thought it was kind of a bad first rating but I see that's actually a really good score to get now. The show consisted of the following: Batista attacked John Cena in the opening segment [A : Batista has been pushed a monster heel in my promotion. His target has mostly been the Rock and Lita but John Cena successfully retained the WWE Championship against Batista last week (in my TEW05 game) so this was Batista's retribution.] Mickie James defeated Molly Holly [A* : Molly Holly returned by attacking Mickie James two weeks ago (also in my TEW05 game) and then defeated Mickie in a six-diva tag the following week.] Melina challenged Jillian Hall to a match [B+ : This was their first interaction, actually. Just setting up for a continuation of Nitro/Hardy later in the night.] Chris Masters defeated Carlito via Randy Orton interference [A* : Randy Orton is my reigning Intercontinental Champion and Carlito is his top contender. I received a note that Masters and Carlito have excellent chemistry.] The Rock & Lita defeated Trish & Tyson Tomko [B- : Rock and Lita have slowly been building a relationship with one another (my screen name should make this no surprise). Trish defeated Mickie, Lita, and Victoria the previous week to regain the Women's Championship. This match was to set Lita up as the number one contender by pinning Trish.] Kane interrupted Venis vs Snitsky and destroyed them both [B- : Kane has recently went heel in my game world and has been on a rampage lately. This just kept him on the show this week.] Umaga defeated Shawn Michaels [A* : Umaga recently returned to the active promotion after a few weeks of D-Generation X making a fool of Armando Alejandro Estrada.] Triple H saved HBK from an Umaga beatdown [B+ : Post match action saw Umaga try to continue a beat down on HBK but instead Triple H took the bullet while attempting to make the save.] Jillian Hall defeated Melina [B : Like I said above, just leading into the post match stuff.] Jeff Hardy saved Jillian from Nitro and Melina [C : I had a Hardy Boyz/MNM feud going but Joey Mercury tore his rotator cuff so I sent Matt Hardy off to Smackdown to feud with Gregory Helms while continuing the Hardy/MNM feud with just Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro.] Batista defeated John Cena [A* : Batista's revenge against John Cena.]

I got an A, and have been batting B+s for several shows since then. High Concept defeated The Dirty White Boyz- B- Marc DuBois defeated Robbie Retro- B+ Rick Power (Puerto Rican Power) defeated Kurt Laramee- D+ Sam Keith defeated Enygma- A Runaway Train defeated Steve Frehley- B Angry Gilmore and Skull DeBones vs Remo and Rich Money- B+ The Amazing Bumfholes vs The Biggz Boyz- B Christian Faith vs Jack Bruce- A

[B]Ring Of Fire 6[/B] Maxx drew with Merle O'Curle C Lance Martin d. Charles Minister D Menace d. Geoffrey Harris (me) D- Petey Barnes d. Burning EXILE C+ K'Lee Hawkind d. Don Henderson C- British Samurai d. alter Morgan C+ UK Dragon d. Johnny Highspot for the Ring of Fire Championship Title B [B]Show Rating B-[/B]

After recieving some advice from guys like Derek B, D-Lyrium and Remianen I was finally able to but on a B+ show: Playing as the AWA on converted DOTT data. March, Week 4, 1984. [B]AWA World Tag Team Title Match: Strike Force def. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (c) C Rating Stan Hansen def. Terry Gordy C+ Stretcher Match: Terry Funk def. Jerry the king Lawler B- Ted DiBiase w/ Kamala def. Jake the snake Roberts B- AWA Worlds Television Title Match: Greg Valentine def. Randy Savage (c) B Bruiser Brody def. Harley Race C- AWA United Heavyweight Title Dog Collar Chain Match Dusty Rhodes (c) def. Terry Funk B Big Van Vader def. Hulk Hogan C (Hogan's refusing to sign, so I'm burying him) AWA World Heavyweight Title Match: Ric Flair (c) def. Ricky Steamboat A[/B] This show was also my first PPV show. It got excellent feedback on the internet. Apparently TCP1 couldn't believe it.

[QUOTE=Lita Maivia;178509]I'm playing as WWE and I've only booked one show so far. Monday Night RAW actually scored a B+ and I thought it was kind of a bad first rating but I see that's actually a really good score to get now. The show consisted of the following: Batista attacked John Cena in the opening segment [A : Batista has been pushed a monster heel in my promotion. His target has mostly been the Rock and Lita but John Cena successfully retained the WWE Championship against Batista last week (in my TEW05 game) so this was Batista's retribution.] Mickie James defeated Molly Holly [A* : Molly Holly returned by attacking Mickie James two weeks ago (also in my TEW05 game) and then defeated Mickie in a six-diva tag the following week.] Melina challenged Jillian Hall to a match [B+ : This was their first interaction, actually. Just setting up for a continuation of Nitro/Hardy later in the night.] Chris Masters defeated Carlito via Randy Orton interference [A* : Randy Orton is my reigning Intercontinental Champion and Carlito is his top contender. I received a note that Masters and Carlito have excellent chemistry.] The Rock & Lita defeated Trish & Tyson Tomko [B- : Rock and Lita have slowly been building a relationship with one another (my screen name should make this no surprise). Trish defeated Mickie, Lita, and Victoria the previous week to regain the Women's Championship. This match was to set Lita up as the number one contender by pinning Trish.] Kane interrupted Venis vs Snitsky and destroyed them both [B- : Kane has recently went heel in my game world and has been on a rampage lately. This just kept him on the show this week.] Umaga defeated Shawn Michaels [A* : Umaga recently returned to the active promotion after a few weeks of D-Generation X making a fool of Armando Alejandro Estrada.] Triple H saved HBK from an Umaga beatdown [B+ : Post match action saw Umaga try to continue a beat down on HBK but instead Triple H took the bullet while attempting to make the save.] Jillian Hall defeated Melina [B : Like I said above, just leading into the post match stuff.] Jeff Hardy saved Jillian from Nitro and Melina [C : I had a Hardy Boyz/MNM feud going but Joey Mercury tore his rotator cuff so I sent Matt Hardy off to Smackdown to feud with Gregory Helms while continuing the Hardy/MNM feud with just Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro.] Batista defeated John Cena [A* : Batista's revenge against John Cena.][/QUOTE] Mickie beat Molly in an A* match?

Im addicted at the min to BobIncs GGW mod Playing as Manchester Ladies Wrestling Club... And so far Im steaming up the charts! LOL Best show so far was the first show of my TV show "Friday Night Fight" in December 2008. Chamera & Portia Perez BEAT Julie Le Red Fuxx & Jenna Griffin ( E ) Nikita BEAT Miss Chevius ( D ) Minx BEAT Gail Kim ( C- ) ending Minx's losing streak of 10 matches LuFisto BEAT Malia Hosaka ( D+ ) Vitoria(c) BEAT Tomoko Watnabe, Roxi and Amy Action ( C ) Victoria retains the Golden Glory title Final show rating was a C which Im well pleased with, esp after a year of getting mainly E / E+

Both A shows with PGHW (still on demo :mad:): Rhino Umaga def. Kazushige Matsuki - C+ Larry Vesset, Shuji Inukai, Masutaro Kataoka & Raymond Diaz def. Washi Heat, William Hayes, Joshua Taylor & Tetsunori Yasuda - B Yoshimi Mushashibo def. SUKI - B+ Masayuki Shiga, Jack Avatar & Danger Kumasaka def. Junnosuke Fukuzawa, Black Eagle & Shingen Miyazaki - C+ Nobuatsu Tatsuko def. Frankie Perez - B Eisaku Kunomasu def. Noriyori Sanda - A Dread, Bryan Holmes & Team Toronto def. Mito Miwa, Akinori Kwakami, Kozue Kawashima & PRIDE Koiso - B+ Muruyama & Masaru Ugaki def. Wael Hossam & Champagne Lover - A Bryan Vessey def. Buddy Garner - A Washi Heat, Shingen Miyazaki, Rhino Umaga & Adam Matravers def. Frankie Perez, Black Eagle, SUKI & William Hayes - B Kawashima and PRIDE, Buddy Garner, Chuichi Sanda & Larry Vessey def. Muruyama, Masaru Ugaki & Team Toronto (and a fifth guy who couldnt fit into the result box) - B+ Yoshimi Mushashibo def. Wael Hossam - B Shuji Inukai def. Jack Avatar - A Eisaku Kunomasu def. Masutaro Kataoka - B Danger Kumasaka def. Raymond Diaz - A Dread & Bryan Holmes def. Miwa & Kwakami - B Junnosuke Fukuzawa, Tetsunori Yasuda & Champagne Lover def. Masayuki Shiga, Kazushig Matsuki & Josh Taylor - B- Bryan Vessey def. Nobuatsu Tatsuko - A*

[QUOTE=Rocland;178617]After recieving some advice from guys like Derek B, D-Lyrium and Remianen I was finally able to but on a B+ show: Playing as the AWA on converted DOTT data. March, Week 4, 1984. [B]AWA World Tag Team Title Match: Strike Force def. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (c) C Rating Stan Hansen def. Terry Gordy C+ Stretcher Match: Terry Funk def. Jerry the king Lawler B- Ted DiBiase w/ Kamala def. Jake the snake Roberts B- AWA Worlds Television Title Match: Greg Valentine def. Randy Savage (c) B Bruiser Brody def. Harley Race C- AWA United Heavyweight Title Dog Collar Chain Match Dusty Rhodes (c) def. Terry Funk B Big Van Vader def. Hulk Hogan C (Hogan's refusing to sign, so I'm burying him) AWA World Heavyweight Title Match: Ric Flair (c) def. Ricky Steamboat A[/B] This show was also my first PPV show. It got excellent feedback on the internet. Apparently TCP1 couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE] I can't believe it.

MAW Summer Spectacular Friday, Week 4, July 2007 Stanley Hall 110 in Attendance Thomas Morgan def. Merle O'Curle - D Oscar Golden def. Erik Strong - D+ Rafael Ruiz def. D.C. Rayne - D+ Mainstream Hernandez (C) def. Antonio - B- Overall: C This wasn't a bad show for MAW this early in the game at all. The only issue I keep having is that any angle which isn't Mainstream Hernandez cutting a promo seems to suck. Mainstream's angles have consistently hit the C mark, though. Guess he's my star... which is good on one hand but bad on the other as he has contracts with both DAVE and USPW. Plenty of national airtime (and he's C- overness in the Mid-Atlantic), but it's only a matter of time untill one of the companies makes him a superstar and he gets taken away. Ah, so is life.

[QUOTE=Thriller;178736]Both A shows with PGHW (still on demo :mad:): Rhino Umaga def. Kazushige Matsuki - C+ Larry Vesset, Shuji Inukai, Masutaro Kataoka & Raymond Diaz def. Washi Heat, William Hayes, Joshua Taylor & Tetsunori Yasuda - B Yoshimi Mushashibo def. SUKI - B+ Masayuki Shiga, Jack Avatar & Danger Kumasaka def. Junnosuke Fukuzawa, Black Eagle & Shingen Miyazaki - C+ Nobuatsu Tatsuko def. Frankie Perez - B Eisaku Kunomasu def. Noriyori Sanda - A Dread, Bryan Holmes & Team Toronto def. Mito Miwa, Akinori Kwakami, Kozue Kawashima & PRIDE Koiso - B+ Muruyama & Masaru Ugaki def. Wael Hossam & Champagne Lover - A Bryan Vessey def. Buddy Garner - A Washi Heat, Shingen Miyazaki, Rhino Umaga & Adam Matravers def. Frankie Perez, Black Eagle, SUKI & William Hayes - B Kawashima and PRIDE, Buddy Garner, Chuichi Sanda & Larry Vessey def. Muruyama, Masaru Ugaki & Team Toronto (and a fifth guy who couldnt fit into the result box) - B+ Yoshimi Mushashibo def. Wael Hossam - B Shuji Inukai def. Jack Avatar - A Eisaku Kunomasu def. Masutaro Kataoka - B Danger Kumasaka def. Raymond Diaz - A Dread & Bryan Holmes def. Miwa & Kwakami - B Junnosuke Fukuzawa, Tetsunori Yasuda & Champagne Lover def. Masayuki Shiga, Kazushig Matsuki & Josh Taylor - B- Bryan Vessey def. Nobuatsu Tatsuko - A*[/QUOTE] As a fellow PGHW player, awesome job on those card. In fact, I just went and hired SUKI because of it.

[QUOTE=Lita Maivia;178509]I'm playing as WWE and I've only booked one show so far. Monday Night RAW actually scored a B+ and I thought it was kind of a bad first rating but I see that's actually a really good score to get now. The show consisted of the following: Batista attacked John Cena in the opening segment [A : Batista has been pushed a monster heel in my promotion. His target has mostly been the Rock and Lita but John Cena successfully retained the WWE Championship against Batista last week (in my TEW05 game) so this was Batista's retribution.] Mickie James defeated Molly Holly [A* : Molly Holly returned by attacking Mickie James two weeks ago (also in my TEW05 game) and then defeated Mickie in a six-diva tag the following week.] Melina challenged Jillian Hall to a match [B+ : This was their first interaction, actually. Just setting up for a continuation of Nitro/Hardy later in the night.] Chris Masters defeated Carlito via Randy Orton interference [A* : Randy Orton is my reigning Intercontinental Champion and Carlito is his top contender. I received a note that Masters and Carlito have excellent chemistry.] The Rock & Lita defeated Trish & Tyson Tomko [B- : Rock and Lita have slowly been building a relationship with one another (my screen name should make this no surprise). Trish defeated Mickie, Lita, and Victoria the previous week to regain the Women's Championship. This match was to set Lita up as the number one contender by pinning Trish.] Kane interrupted Venis vs Snitsky and destroyed them both [B- : Kane has recently went heel in my game world and has been on a rampage lately. This just kept him on the show this week.] Umaga defeated Shawn Michaels [A* : Umaga recently returned to the active promotion after a few weeks of D-Generation X making a fool of Armando Alejandro Estrada.] Triple H saved HBK from an Umaga beatdown [B+ : Post match action saw Umaga try to continue a beat down on HBK but instead Triple H took the bullet while attempting to make the save.] Jillian Hall defeated Melina [B : Like I said above, just leading into the post match stuff.] Jeff Hardy saved Jillian from Nitro and Melina [C : I had a Hardy Boyz/MNM feud going but Joey Mercury tore his rotator cuff so I sent Matt Hardy off to Smackdown to feud with Gregory Helms while continuing the Hardy/MNM feud with just Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro.] Batista defeated John Cena [A* : Batista's revenge against John Cena.][/QUOTE] If you didn't have that C rated angle you most likely would of had an A show.

Three B- Shows with WLW Wrestle Wrestle Revolution Tour Night 4 Insane Machine d. Dark Eagle {B-} Stevie Greyson d. Magnum KOBE {B-} The Incredible KOYAMA d. Adam Matravers {C-} Haru Kurofuji t. The Great Hisato {C+} Bairei Yasujiro d. Awesome Thunder {B-} Dark EAGLE d. Emerald Angel {B} Wrestle Wrestle Revolution Tour FINALE (Dark Match) The Incredible KOYAMA d. Panda Mask II {C-} MURDER Matsudai d. Insane Machine {D-} Adam Matravers & Stevie Grayson d. The Avalanche Effect {C-} Champagne Lover d. Koji Kojima {B-} Silver Shark d. The Great Hisato {C+} Bairei Yasujiro d. Dark EAGLE {B} Hell Monkey d. Awesome Thunder {B+} Wrestle! at the Disco Tour FINALE Champagne Lover d. Inky the Squid Boy {B} Adam Matravers d. The Incredible KOYAMA {C} Stevie Grayson d. The Great Hisato {C+} Joanne Rodriguez d. Haru Karufuji, Ketsueki, KOKI Ishibashi, Magnum KOBE, and Masked Cougar {C+} Yosuke Narita d. Silver Shark {C+} Hell Monkey d. Dark EAGLE, Koji Kojima {B} Bairei Yasujio d. Emerald Angel {B-}

B+ Show with WWE at New Year's Revolution. Mickie James def. Victoria D+ MNM def. Cryme Tyme C Steve Austin def. Chris Masters C Ric Flair def. Kenny Dykstra A Jesus Aguilera def. Val Venis B Carlito def. Shelton Benjamin to retain the Intercontinental Title A* John Cena def. Umaga to retain the WWE Championship B DX def. Team RKO in a Cage Match to win the World Tag Team Titles B+ Don't remember any of the angles involved in the show. Although I'm pretty sure there were promos by DX, RKO, Cena, Flair, Carlito & Austin. Was very shocked at the A rating for Flair vs. Dykstra.

In my recently started GCG game, my Eternal Destiny Tour just saw a Wednesday/Thursday back-to-back thriller both graded as B+, a huge step up from my usual C/C+ range. GCG Eternal Destiny Tour (Wednesday) //Dark Match// Barry Griffin & Henry Bennet defeated Quick Kick Nakao & SUKI // C+ [i]Not at all a bad dark match for these four, especially the virtually-unknown SUKI who's been picked up mostly for his loyalty to the company.[/i] //Openweight Exhibition Match// Eagle Kawasawa defeated Shingen Miyazaki // C+ [i]Considering Miyazaki's low momentum rating, I expected much worse. Kawasawa is a solid worker - it's too bad he's got so little chemistry with most of my roster.[/i] //Samoan Destruction, Inc. Say Goodbye!// Rhino Umaga defeated Samoan Machine // B- [i]An excellent goodbye match between cousins, as Samoan Machine leaves for greener pastures after this week.[/i] //Day of Destiny Qualifier// Jack Marlowe defeated Jimmy Cox // B [i]Surprising chemistry from two guys who work very different styles, and a good first step for Marlowe towards the top of the rankings.[/i] //Special Non-Title Tag Team Exhibition// Hiroyasu Gakusha & Kiminobu Kuroki defeated Nathan Coleman & Stuart Ferdinand // C+ [i]A mediocre match from the champ, but apparently a solid warmup for tomorrow (see below). Coleman & Ferdinand put up a decent fight, though both were winded by the end.[/i] //Day Of Destiny Qualifier// Pistol Pete Hall drew Toshiharu Hyobanshi via Double Knockout // A* [i]Wow, there's a marquee feud of the year in the making if I ever saw one. Anyone who thinks Hall is too old to hold a World Title just got shut the hell up.[/i] GCG Eternal Destiny Tour (Thursday) //Dark Match// Julian Watson defeated SUKI // C [I]An impressive singles debut for the returning GCG loyalist SUKI, which in retrospect should've been on the main card.[/I] //One-On-One Exhibition// Rhino Umaga defeated Naonobu Murkami // D+ [i]Two guys with little momentum and no chemistry whatsoever. Still, with Rhino gearing up for a singles run, he needed the win.[/i] //Tag Team Exhibition// Jack Marlowe & Eagle Kawasawa defeated Barry Griffin & Henry Bennet // C+ [i]Surprised it went down as well as it did, since Marlowe & Eagle were subbing for our Tag Champs (Nathan Coleman was working elsewhere). Marlowe dominates - I just love that guy.[/i] //Farewell Match// Jimmy Cox defeated Samoan Machine // A [i]Incredible match for a guy with C for momentum and a guy for a D+ with momentum, and probably among the best I'll ever see from Jimmy Cox, especially just a day after having Marlowe beat him bloody... I really hate Burning Hammer for taking Samoan Machine :mad: [/i] //Co-Main Event//Special Tag Team Challenge Pistol Pete Hall & Toshiharu Hyobanshi defeated Shotaro Ikina & Yasuhide Tayama // B- [i]Eh, about what you'd expect from these guys, as Hall & Hyobanshi work to pick up the slack for Ikina. Still, Hall & Hyobanshi working on their chemistry isn't a bad thing.[/i] //Co-Main Event//Inter-Promotional Non Title Match//GCG vs WLW Hiroyasu Gakusha defeated Dark EAGLE // A* [i]Wow, surprisingly high quality for these two; Gakusha, no matter how hard he tries, just isn't Yoshifusa Maeda. However, when he's got a great veteran in there like EAGLE to cover his weaknesses, there are glimpses of hope for the future.[/i]

[B][I]Well, it took a while but guys, I finally pulled off an A rated card...next up A*![/I][/B] [B]PRESHOW: Washi Heat d. Junnozuke Fukuzawa RATING:C+ (Pretty nice opener between the veteran jobber Fukuzawa and the masked master of Strong Style...I mark for Washi so he takes the win.[/B] [B]Akinori Kwakami d. Masked(Hell) Monkey, retains International Title RATING: B (Monkey, who was working through intense pain after suffering a ruptured eardrum at the hands of Shuji Inukai at the Tour's NIGHT OF PRIDE PPV couldn't beat the redhot Kwakami, who recently returned from his trip to INSPIRE in grand fashion taking the Int. Title off of Washi Heat. Monkey's injury clearly hurt the contest) [/B] [B]Nobuatsu Tatsuko d. Wael Hossam RATING: B+ (The "Cairo Crippler" Wael Hossam finally got his chance to step into the spotlight as he took on PGHW legend, Nobuatsu Tatsuko. To Tatsuko, this was an opportunity to try and regain his lost form, and for Hossam it was a chance to make a name for himself. Both happened in a solid match.[/B] [B]Raymond Diaz d. Frankie Perez RATING: C+ (Raymond Diaz needed a win, F-Dawg needed some non dark match exposure...nothing special here.)[/B] [B]Eisaku Kunomasu & William Hayes d. Kozue Kawashime and PRIDE Koiso - PGHW Glory Crown Tag Titles RATING:A - (I happened upon the team of Kunomasu and Hayes early in the tour, and since these two have been teaming, they have been putting together A match after A match...here their teamwork pays off as EK and WH pick up their first Glory Crown Tag Championships. This match was a real turning point in the show.[/B] [B]Mito Miwa d. Buddy Garner RATING: A (The great match trend continues, as Elite Series Runner Up Buddy Garner takes on Elite Series Bronze Medalist Mito Miwa...amazing contest, but Garner's fatigue after having gone through a 30 minute ironman match just nights before was evident, and Miwa picks up the victory, and obtains number one contendership to Vessey's Glory Crown.[/B] [B]Tetsunori Yasuda d. Masaru Ugaki, retains Historical Japan Title RATING: B+ (Another great matchup as Yasuda's winning streak continues, besting Musashibo's top protege in a great matchup.)[/B] [B]MAIN EVENT: BRYAN VESSEY d. SHUJI INUKAI - GLORY CROWN - RATING:A* (What a tour it had been for Vessey up until this show...winning his first Glory Crown off of Musashibo, winning the Elite Series tournament in a classic 30 minute ironman match against Buddy Garner...and here he is able to best a redhot Shuji Inukai, who recently stiffed Hell Monkey with a kick so hard it ruptured his eardrum, and hit Musashibo so hard with the Untouchable Lariat it gave him a concussion. Excellent, excellent match! [/B] So, a card without Yoshimi Musashibo, who was out with a concussion gets an A, Vessey can definitely carry the company on his shoulders!

• 2 weeks later...
Bringing this back. It's time for my Glory Series of '09, this is the second night of three and it's the second round. [quote=Glory Series: Night Two] Awesome Thunder defeated Toshiharu Hyobanshi - A* - My very first A* match that didn't involve Eisaku Kunomasu! :D Yoshimi Mushashibo defeated Yasuhide Tayama - B - Yasuhide is a former Glory Tag Series winner. But Mushashibo is a legend. Ken Shimedzu defeated Magnum(KOBE) - B- - Meh. Eisaku Kunomasu defeated Dark Angel - A* - The sixth time out of seven matches that these guys have gotten an A*. Natsu Miyamae defeated Burning EXILE - B - B.E. always complains about losing so I put him over Kojima in the first round, but he had no chance here. Hiroaki Nakasawa defeated Masaru Ugaki - B+ - Hiroaki Nakasawa is my Glory Crown Champion at the moment, I stole him from BHOTWG :D. He's the third one after beating Kudo. Obviously he's going to go far into the tournament. Tadiyuki Kikkawa defeated Haruki Kudo - A - Kikkawa just debuted for me last month and I've put him on a role, he's going to win this tournament and probably end Nakasawa's reign as champion. Well, that's the case as long as (Former wrestler of the year) Eisaku Kunomasu doesn't throw more A* matches out every single week.[/quote] Overall Show Rating: A I've had four other A rated shows, but never one with two A* matches in one night. :D

Archived