Real Quality Wrestling

WrestleManiac

Has anybody seen RQW on TWC? It's sort of a highlight show showcasing the best of British wrestling. T the moment they are running a cross-promotion tournament. Caught the 1/4 finals the other day and saw two of the best matchs I've seen in ages: Pac def. Ashley Reed - what a great finish! Drew Galloway def. El Ligero - El Ligero was fantastic Anybody else see it?

Well I love me some BBC America(Cash in the Attic/What Not to Wear/Bargain Hunt/Are You Being Served/Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares/Ramsay's F Word). The best part of What Not to Wear is when the ladies are constantly talking about tits!!! Hopefully someone will get a brain cell and get TWC on Directv.

i go to a website called declarationofindependents.net which focuses on indy wrestling, and i saw a story about RQW the other day. apparently with 1PW folding, RQW is going to host The Great Muta's European debut on Jan 12 against Martin Stone (RQW's champion). seems 1PW had already paid for a flight and maybe a hotel for him before they folded, and RQW was able to work it out for him to appear there. i don't anything about UK wrestling, but maybe some of you guys will now get the chance to see a legend in person.

Thats actually not right. I'm not trying to "diss" anyone, I'm just telling you what I know (I almost saying "I'm not telling you anything you dont already know, god I loved that gimmick!). Basically The Great Muta, Akira Raijin, NOZAWA and Kikutaru(o?)/Ebessan agreed to come over to the UK to wrassle form 1PW, it was Ebessan that got the deal in the first place and so it was him that had to pay the several grands for the flights because he wanted it all to go smoothly, if it didnt he would look bad, anyway... 1PW closes and tells AJPW and Mutoh via an e-mail, after that AJPW couldnt get hold of 1PW, so they werent pleased that not only had the show been cancelled, they had been told via e-mail, couldnt get hold of 1PW and All Japan and Ebessan were out 9,000 Yen, so... instead of having Muta (an uber respected wrestler as you know) and All Japan (oldest promotion in Japan) hate the UK scene Alex Shane, Len Davies and RQW managed the wrangle a deal whereby they would fly Muta and co over a day later than the scheduled 1PW show and have them on their RQW show instead. Although all isnt as bad as it could have been Muto still isnt a happy bunny and considers business in the UK to be "dangerous". But Muta vs Stone will no doubt rock. If anyone goes make sure you report back to us here.

Yup, and to correct msyself it was £9,000, no idea what the figure would be Yen wise but I'm hearing 5mil in Yen, I'm not good with currency rates and what not. But yeah, it would have sucked for Ebessan had RQW stepped in, not only would he be out of money but they also wouldnt have the dates. Edit: Actually it looks like AJPW/Muta may have repaid Ebessan before this all happened and as such had paid for the tickets and hotels themselves and now Muta is saying he is considering a lawsuit. Atleast we can never say wrestling is dull.

Archived