does anyone lik land of the giants?

I just can't find enough info to write profile's for the characters for land of the giants. I used to watch it on a Sunday morning as a kid but all i can remember is that the giant's were really big! I don't want to omit them because land of the giants was a bigger hot than star trek in its day, so it would be a shame not to include them in my mod.

at the moment i have: Steve Burton Mark Wilson Barry Lockridge DAn Erikson Valerie ames scott betty ann hamilton and Alexander B Fitzhugh they all have one or two sentence preofiles at the moment 'borrowed, from there minipage on the BBC website. I will quite happily add any characters you can suggest as long as i can find a photo for them. Incidentally, reading about all these cult sci-fi shows some of them sound really good! :)

How are these Panix? Steve Burton - Captain Steve Burton is pilot of the Spindrift and de facto leader of the group. He takes his responsibilty to his passengers very seriously and has frequently risked his life when the others are in danger. A practical man, his rational concerns often put him at loggerheads with some of his more headstrong companions. Mark Wilson - Mark grew up with no money, but enough determination and intelligence to get through Cal-Tech and MIT, eventually becoming designer and consultant of space technology. He was Chairman of the Board of 17 companies before the age of 30 and was maknig trip to London to seal yet another multi-million dollar deal when the Spnidrift was transported to the "Land of the Giants". Not used to taking orders, he and Steve had their share of clashes, which sometimes escalated into full-blown fights but they were both fighting for what they felt was a greater good: getting all of them home safely. Barry Lockridge - 11 1/2 year old Barry was on his way to stay with cousins in London after the sudden death of his parents. Always accompanied by his faithful dog, Chipper, Barry's curiousity and trustful nature have smoetimes led hmi into trouble. He has always looked past Cmdr Fitzhugh's faults and saw a very close friend, a relationship that they have maintained through thick and thin. Dan Erikson - Flight Officer Dan Erikson is Steve's best friend and co-pilot. As the level headed one of the group, Dan often found hmiself playnig moderator between Steve and Mark. Dan is an extremely unflappable man, a trait which has frequently been put to the test by the abntics of Fitzhugh. Valerie Ames Scott - Unlike Mark, Valerie grew up with plenty of money, being an heiress to a vast fortune. That wealth has proved of little use in her current situation but she has adapted far beynod the expectations of any of her companions. Often the centre of the action, her impulsive ad sometimes selfish actions may be a throwback to her wealthy past. Betty Ann Hamilton - Betty is the stewardess onboard the Spindrift, a role she shows no sign of abandoning even now. Cook, nurse and general mother to the group, her abilities are often underestimated and underappreciated by the others. As an eternal optimist, she is able to keep the spirits of the others high even when things seem to be at their worst. Alexander B Fitzhugh - "Commander" Fitzhugh is the group's resident thief and con man. He had just stolen $1 million and was escaping to London on the ill-fated flight aboard the Spindrift. Not exactly a man of action, he is more likely to hide behind one of the girls or shrink into a corner than fight to save anyone but himself. However over time he has developed a strong bond with Barry Lockridge and his care for him has at times led him to go against his own instnict for self preservation.

[QUOTE=flamebrain;178705]Half and half :) Only one I can think of is Inspector Kobek he was the recurring Giant that kept trying to catch them. Don't know if there would be a good enough pic of him though.[/QUOTE] I have a dodgy looking black and white one of him which im quite happy to use if you could come up with a profile for him.

Cool, cool. I even found out how to spell his name! :) Inspector Kobrick - Inspector Kobrick of the SID (Special Investigations Department) was charged with the task of tracking down and capturing the "little people". A stern professional, he developed a grudging respect for his adverseries through their displays of ingenuity and selfless compassion though he would never let his admiration stand in the way of duty. Kobrick expects the best of those around him and is not one to suffer fools gladly. He is convinced that the Sipndrift Seven are mere scouts for an army intent on invading his world a beleif that has allowed them to escape his clutches in the past.

i have put in lost in space as a seperate fed, again there was a shortage of heels (aside from Dr Smith) i put a couple of generic aliens in there (managed to find a couple used in the show) to balance it out a bit. I might have Fitzhugh as a heel. I seem to remember he was quite cowardly. I never saw time tunnel or voyage to the bottom of the sea. I used to watch The Invader's though.

Archived