Tour names and Tournaments

I'm running a Tour schedule and haven't found how to name the Tours. At the end of the month that I was running a couple shows, I went to the Internet section and it said that my promotion has ended my _tour. Having the extra space between my promotion's name and tour. Is there something I missed? I couldn't find anything about it in the Schedule section. Also, I tried running a Tournament during one of the months my promotion was on Tour. How do you set up a Tournament? I created the Title for it, which it was designated for March. Is there a specific way you create the event other than from the Schedule menu? When I booked the event, there wasn't any options to even help describe a Tournament, such as a Bracket or anything. It was the same as booking a regular card. So I booked it as if it was a Tournament. But I still got RA notes saying this worker was over-used because the person was apart of two matches on the show. When I booked it, I wrote it out before-hand how it should work and who should win. So when going through, I had to make sure certain people win so they can go on and wrestle the next assigned position.

A touring schedule is generally used by the Japanese promotions who don't run like US promotions do. Rather than work all year round, promotions tend to spend a time period (certain months, in TEW) running more frequent shows. I think most of the Cornellverse promotions run two shows a week when they are on tour. When the touring months end, the tour ends. Each tour tends to get one specific name (ie: The Generic Wrestling Tour) which is booked in terms of a weekly event, at least in your schedule, rather than a couple of stand-alone shows. Tournament titles are the rewards for winning a tournament of any description. The game itself doesn't have the in-built ability to do bracketing or such things but its entirely up to you how to book thing anyways. You decide everything from the format of the tournament to the winner, setting the deciding match as being for the Tournament title. By default, all the CPU-run tournament titles are run as a one night 8 person/team special show but you can do what you like. Even the month you set it for is up to you, its simply a reminder of when the fans expect to see it so that the CPU will run it at the right time. As for booking the tournaments... to avoid the over-use notes, simply improve the push you are giving a worker for that specific night. If you know he's going to be wrestling three matches in one show, make him a one night main eventer. :) Derek B

Here's how I set up my touring schedule using WLW, I did it by starting a game unemployed and seeing how the game did it. My first tour was Janaury and February so I set up three weeklu events "WLW Aerial Assault Tour (Tuesday)" set on tuesday, "WLW Aerial Assault Tour (Thursday)" set on Thursday and "WLW Aerial Assault Tour (Friday)" set on Friday and the an Annual Show "WLW Top Rope Dreams" set for February Saturday Week 4 as the blow off show to end the tour.

Oh I think I got you. So basicly when the current tour you're running ends, you delete those scheduled weekly shows, and then create new ones for a new tour you're about to run. So for instance, for your WLW Aerial Assault Tour (Tuesday), once you've finished that tour from January to February and booked your blow off show, you'd delete those shows when you have a resting period. So if your next scheduled Tour months are in May and June, you'd create a new weekly show slot named WLW ______ Tour (Whatever day). Is that right. As for Tournaments, it's basicly what I was doing before. Thanks

[QUOTE=Travis;179163]Oh I think I got you. So basicly when the current tour you're running ends, you delete those scheduled weekly shows, and then create new ones for a new tour you're about to run. So for instance, for your WLW Aerial Assault Tour (Tuesday), once you've finished that tour from January to February and booked your blow off show, you'd delete those shows when you have a resting period. So if your next scheduled Tour months are in May and June, you'd create a new weekly show slot named WLW ______ Tour (Whatever day). Is that right. As for Tournaments, it's basicly what I was doing before. Thanks[/QUOTE] I would say instead of deleting and starting over, just rename. If you delete, you lose any prestige your events might gain by starting over again.

I'm not sure if weekly events gain prestiege the same way Annual events do even so I would say Delete rather than just rename because each tour is different and the tour days wouldn't really gain prestiege on top of each other. What I wouldn't delete are the annual tour blow off shows. But yes exactly as you are thinking is how I would do it.

Archived