Mythology Mod

Just started working on this. Starting with the Greeks. God! What have I let myself in for. Doing research I've currently got 78 workers... that's just the gods, I haven't even started on the heros. Concerning different myths I currently have a list of 61: 1 African 2 Anglo-Saxon 3 Akan 4 Ashanti 5 Australian Aboriginal 6 Ayyavazhi 7 Aztec 8 Bahá'í 9 Baltic 10 Celtic 11 Chinese Malaysian 12 Christian 13 Dacian 14 Dahomey 15 Discordian 16 Efik 17 Egyptian (Pharaonic) 18 Estonian 19 Etruscan 20 Finnish 21 Ancient Greek 22 Gnostic 23 Guarani 24 Hindu 25 Igbo 26 Incan 27 Islamic 28 Isoko 29 Jehovah's Witnesses 30 Judaic 31 Khoikhoi 32 Korean 33 !Xũ 34 Lotuko 35 Latvian 36 Lugbara 37 Lusitani 38 Maya 39 Mesopotamian 40 Mormonism 41 Native American 41.1 Abenaki 41.2 Haida 41.3 Ho-Chunk 41.4 Hopi 41.5 Huron 41.6 Inuit 41.7 Iroquois 41.8 Kwakiutl 41.9 Lakota 41.10 Navajo 41.11 Pawnee 41.12 Salish 41.13 Seneca 42 Norse 43 Pastafarian 44 Persian 45 Philippine 46 Polynesian 46.1 Hawai'ian 46.2 Māori 47 Prussian 48 Pygmy 49 Roman 50 Sardinian 51 Semitic pagan 52 Shinto 53 Sikhism 54 Slavic 55 Sumerian 56 Thracian 57 Tumbuka 58 Ugarit 59 Wiccan 60 Yoruba 61 Zoroastrian This is going to take some time.

Just take your time, I don't know if I would include every pantheon listed there, to start with though. Several of those pantheon's are hard to actually put in some sort of order... One's that I think are easiest are the Greek (which you already have a good bit of done), Norse, Egyption, maybe use a generic Sumarian type of pantheon. OF course you could include the King Arthur types in. These all have some sort of levels of power. Alot of the other's are confusing, such as the Aztec, the North American Indian, and African.... Celtic is probably ok though... I'm interested in the storyline for "THE HUNT"! Good luck on this though, you certainly know your stuff here. My only concern is that you might get overwhelmed and "lose your mind" or something, lol. Like I said, I would start with the easier ones, then go on to the other's that are more wishy washy.

Thanks for the support djthefunkchris. I've only put in 8 workers so far and I've already got one hell of a headache! I'm starting with the greeks because I know the most about them. I'm considering skipping the Romans as their Gods are the same as the Greeks just with different names. Players can edit their own prefeance during the game anyway. The 8 that I've finished are the Titans. So that's one tier of the complex web done and dusted. When putting in the locations do I need to do every size for each area? or can I cut corners by doing a few scattered around?

[QUOTE=WrestleManiac;179402]Thanks for the support djthefunkchris. I've only put in 8 workers so far and I've already got one hell of a headache! I'm starting with the greeks because I know the most about them. I'm considering skipping the Romans as their Gods are the same as the Greeks just with different names. Players can edit their own prefeance during the game anyway. The 8 that I've finished are the Titans. So that's one tier of the complex web done and dusted. When putting in the locations do I need to do every size for each area? or can I cut corners by doing a few scattered around?[/QUOTE] I'm not completely sure on this, but I believe that you need to have at least one region in each area. Far as how big or small, I don't think that part matter's as long as you have a place for each area. For example, if an area doesn't have a giant sized location, then you don't have to put one in... but something has to be there (can be any size) if your planning on using that part of the world (Might have to be there irreguardless, not sure). Someone that has done this part of a mod would be alot better qualified to answer this. Glad to here you have the Titans done, lol! So Cronus, Gaei, Atlas, etc.. all in there? I wasn't sure if you were going to include the titans or not, but that opens up alot of other future storylines (Clash of the Titans!). Funny, I was reading up on the DC stuff about Wonderwoman, and on paradise Island, Heracle's (the Greek Demigod) went below Paradise Island to see what was causing all the different earthquakes and other unnusual events. While down there he discover's Atlas, but Atlas mistakes him for being Hercules (the Roman Demi-god).

[QUOTE=WrestleManiac;179402]I'm considering skipping the Romans as their Gods are the same as the Greeks just with different names. Players can edit their own prefeance during the game anyway.[/QUOTE] I'm not sure how you plan on setting this up in terms of promotions and such, but one thought would be this, if you want have a Roman influence in the game: Why not the Greek gods wrestling under their Roman names in certain promotions? That way you can at least include something Roman-sounding. Players can easily change that if they want Zeus instead of Jupiter. (and as a note, given how promiscuous the Greek Gods and Goddesses were, that'd fit right in with a raunchy Sports Entertainment environment. That'd be a great way to introduce half gods such as Hercules/Heracles.) One more idea for you: I notice you didn't have Maori (natives of New Zealand) on your list of pantheons to use. Maori mythology has this idea that their Gods created everything in existence, including all other Gods. (Compare to the Greeks, who didn't really have this concept. The Gods just took control of what already existed... at least the last generation did. ie, Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, etc.) It seems like if you wanted to throw in 3 or 4 Maori Gods, you could make a pretty effective heel stable based on the "we created you and are better than you" idea. Anyway, I just felt like throwing you out a few ideas as this seems like a really cool idea for a mod. Whenever this comes out, I am so definitely playing it.

Actually the Greek gods did have a way of explaining about everything.... But it starts with the Titans, like Cronus (or Chronus depending on which depiction), Rhea etc. Zeus was a direct offspring, that was hid from Cronus by his mother (Cronus actually "ate" all his children to try and change what was promised to come). Zeus and the other gods (later born) overthrough their Titan parents, and "took over" after everything was created. Certain gods have really weird ways they were "born", like by splitting open a Titan's head and out pops a god, lol. "In the beginning, there was only Chaos, from which were formed Gaea (earth), Tarterus (kind of like Hell, or beneath the earth), and other primeval gods such as Eros, Night, and Day. Gaea created Uranus, the Mountains, and the Sea. She married Uranus, and gave birth to the Titans, the Cyclops, and the Hecatoncheires." Now, the belief there is that Gaea is the mother and sustainer of all life. In her true form, Gaea is the Earth itself. They didn't persay "Mold man out of the clay of the earth" but earth being Gaea, they surely would not have lived without her... a reason for worshiping one who "lost" to the Greek Pantheod. Cronus killed Uranus (for example), then Zeus and the other's imprison the Titans in Tarterus, so Zeus, the son of Cronos overthrow's him. Before the Greek gods were the Mycenean gods, and before them were the Minoan gods. So realise this is the same place of influence as well. Gaea would be the equivalent to Papa (female goddess of earth) in the Maori mythology, kind of. Also realise that alot of the events in Maori mythology are around 950 AD, where the Greeks biggest era was around 1700 to 1400 AD. There are many layer's of Mythology, so picking one over another is not as easy as it seems. For the sake of this game, the best idea is to pick the most "popular" ones, and work your way down. Thor, Odin, Loki are all popular, and are part of Norse Mythology. The Greeks of course had Heracle's, Zeus, Aphrodite, etc... The Romans had alot of popular ones as well, although it is common knowledge that they are in alot of ways, identical to the Greeks. The rest are inferior to common knowledge, but alot of pantheons have what I call "familiar" names... Such as the Japanese culture, with Amaterasu, Raiden, Hachiman etc, or or Aztec's Tlaloc and Tlazolteotl. Indian Mythology has people like Indra, Yama and Kali.. Some of my favorites are Celtic, who has The Master of the Hunt, Morrigan and Math (added because of the familiar name, however he was over Sorcery, not math, lol). Egyption Mythology has Ra, Isis and probably one of the most mysterious gods of all, Ptah. Ptah is interesting because he exists outside of the regular pantheon, as does Thoth. I think I just like Ptah because he represents art, creativity and he looks like a super hero, lol... Some are more popular then other's. Going with the most popular, then adding other's down the road makes the most scense, since most people enjoy mods because of the familiarity of them, and as Panix would say The "Dream" match's you could make out of them... Odin vs Zeus for example. Thor vs. Heracles, etc.

[QUOTE=dormammu;179834] [U][B]Why not the Greek gods wrestling under their Roman names in certain promotions? [/B][/U]That way you can at least include something Roman-sounding. Players can easily change that if they want Zeus instead of Jupiter. (and as a note, given how promiscuous the Greek Gods and Goddesses were, that'd fit right in with a raunchy Sports Entertainment environment. That'd be a great way to introduce half gods such as Hercules/Heracles.).[/QUOTE] I like that idea, lol.

Archived