So apparently...

...talent that you bring in on a talent trade have creative control. I did not know this, and thanks to one ***hole, I had to completely change my booking plans. So, I'm CZCW in August 08. Insane Machine has been my reigning CZCW Champion for nearly a year. I had booked a 3 Way Dance between him, Snap Dragon, and Plague for my upcoming event when Plague signed on with NOTBPW (whom I have a working agreement with). Since he also works for DAVE and SOTBPW, I guess he figured he didn't have time to work for me anymore and told me he was leaving. Thinking I could still salvage my main event and job his *** out, I set up a talent trade to bring him back for two shows and I'm thinking all is right with the world. Then the fun starts. I'm booking on the night of the show and have it set for Insane Machine to pin him in the main event. He apparently doesn't like this, so he uses this "creative control", which I had no idea he had, and blocks it. Son of a *****. You leave my company and now you screw up my plans. Ok, fine, I'll book Machine and Dragon in the main, since they have good chemistry anyways, and I'll book the 3 Way Dance as a draw in the dark time. That's not good for him either, so I have to book Plague to win over Snap Dragon and hope it doesn't kill Machine's momentum. As you can tell, I was a wee bit miffed at this whole thing. At the same time, I'm incredibly entertained by it as well. Ah, the perils of being head booker... :D

[QUOTE=FINisher;179386]Hmm. I've never countered that kind of a problem, altough I've used the Talent Trade just two-three times :O Weird. Are you sure that the contract didn't involve creative control cause? :D[/QUOTE] Look at a worker on loan's contract in the editor or in the 'Business' tab of their profile. They have creative control. Jana Marie Bowen, Melody Cuthill, and Emma Bitch would not have creative control clauses provided to them by NOTBPW, but they had it when I traded for them. I think it comes automatically and as a means of preventing you from jobbing them too badly.

Which is a good workaround for preventing ppl from jobbing on loan talent out, but I think it would have been better to negotiate such terms with the federation you borrow the workers from than have it be creative control by default.

Yeah, I'm not upset with the fact that they have creative control. I was more pissed off at Plague than anything. It makes sense that the worker would have it so they don't get jobbed to hell and back. I still find it odd that he wouldn't job to Insane Machine, as Plague is C over in South West (where I was holding the event), and Machine is C+. But, Plague has an average US overness around D+, whereas Machine is about an E+. With the event being broadcast over the internet, that probably influenced his decision a bit. No worries, though, as I just pulled the ultimate move for CZCW. I made another talent trade with NOTBPW, this time to bring in a worker for my annual Best of the Best tournament (eight guys from eight promotions, including CZCW, compete in a one night tournament). Oh yes, making his way to the Coastal Zone... SEAN MF'ING MCFLY!!!!

[QUOTE=nZane;179400]Yeah, I'm not upset with the fact that they have creative control. I was more pissed off at Plague than anything. It makes sense that the worker would have it so they don't get jobbed to hell and back. I still find it odd that he wouldn't job to Insane Machine, as Plague is C over in South West (where I was holding the event), and Machine is C+. But, Plague has an average US overness around D+, whereas Machine is about an E+. With the event being broadcast over the internet, that probably influenced his decision a bit. No worries, though, as I just pulled the ultimate move for CZCW. I made another talent trade with NOTBPW, this time to bring in a worker for my annual Best of the Best tournament (eight guys from eight promotions, including CZCW, compete in a one night tournament). Oh yes, making his way to the Coastal Zone... SEAN MF'ING MCFLY!!!![/QUOTE] I have found that it seems to based on overall overness in area match is in, i.e US, Canada, Japan, etc. Overness in one area isn't enough. BUt as long as their overall popularity is even or close, they should job with no problem. The traded talents personality may also play a part but haven't tested that.

In real life its not really the worker that has creative control. Its more like the promotion they belong to is the one that protects them :-) So creative control is the best way to simulate that :-) Either way, just deal with it or buy your own popular high priced jobber.

[QUOTE=Harmor;179395]Which is a good workaround for preventing ppl from jobbing on loan talent out, but I think it would have been better to negotiate such terms with the federation you borrow the workers from than have it be creative control by default.[/QUOTE] My thoughts exactly. It is probably a good idea to impose creative control in these cases.

No I do A LOT of talent trades, and certain workers do have creative control in their deals its not just a part of the trade. Most of the DAVE workers have creative from the trading I've done. Haven't come across any with the USPW, or NOTBW, 4C or WLW guys either...but then again that would probably explain why DAVE is in a slump because everyone there has creative.

Playing with ROF where match ratings are based on wrestling skills more than overness, the talent trades are fantastic. Not only can I 'borrow' wrestlers from all over the world that wouldn't otherwise be able to wrestle in the UK, you can get some pretty good ones on the cheap. Had the creative control thing with Joss Thompson - he left 21CW to join CGC, where he had no Canadian overness. So I was able to talent trade him into ROF for about 350 per show (he'd have cost me well over 1000 on a pay-per-appearance). I wanted him to lose to Merle O'Curle, who was my most over wrestler in the Midlands and had greater overness in that area than Thompson, but Thompson's overall UK overness was too high and he invoked his creative control clause. I just left the road agent notes completely blank, and lo and behold the end result was Thompson jobbing to O'Curle after all. Result! :D

[QUOTE=Rey619;179663]Eh... how do you perform a talent trade? I just went into a working agreement with BSC (I'm AAA)... maybe this is impossible as long as my owner has blocked me from hiring wrestlers with contracts elsewhere?[/QUOTE] Go to BSC, then Business, then Talent Trade.

[QUOTE=Lostrelms;180009]Side note from 05, i found it very easy to get around creative control, as all you had to do was book the winner you wanted, dont book a loser, and then specify your finish type you want.[/QUOTE] You are mistaken, it was the other way around in 05. You booked the over person 'to lose' with no winner, to get around creative control. In 07, you MUST specify a winner (try it and see) or let the road agents handle it, so that loophole is closed. If you try to book the person with creative control 'to lose', you get a pop-up box stating you must specify a winner to go with that loser note.

Archived