I just wanted to check if there was anything that you could do so that your fans will like the people that are getting the notes of dislike from the crowd. In the 97 scenario, the ECW crowd dislikes Teddy Hart and they are giving a static reaction to Christopher Daniels and Rhino.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone hates Teddy Hart ¬_¬ But yeah, it is possible to turn it around and make the fans appreciate wrestlers (a la Tommy Dreamer). A hot storyline, or a series of great matches, or just generally not sucking (so Teddy's gonna have problems ¬_¬) will sometimes work. It's a gradual thing, though. They're not going to suddenly change their mind after one good match.

[QUOTE=TeemuFoundation;179528]I DONT'T! Sorry. I had to. But ontopic, the funniest thing in my current savegame is that X-Pac is not getting X-Pac heat,[/QUOTE] Ahhhh, Sweet sweet Irony, the lack of heat symptom named after him...and he is actually getting heat. Does this mean he might actually get ..... GULP, Over ? :eek:

That whole thing with X-Pac and "X-Pac sucks" was totally overblown. He was a great wrestler and later on wasn't that bad. It's one of those things were a few crowds chanted it, for whatever reason, maybe because he was a heel, and then all the crowds did, and then people were just like wow people chant it no matter what he does, it's X-Pac heat.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;179551]That whole thing with X-Pac and "X-Pac sucks" was totally overblown. He was a great wrestler and later on wasn't that bad. It's one of those things were a few crowds chanted it, for whatever reason, maybe because he was a heel, and then all the crowds did, and then people were just like wow people chant it no matter what he does, it's X-Pac heat.[/QUOTE] Similar to John Cena really - the WrestleMania crowd booed him, then the rest of the followers did the same.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;179556]Similar to John Cena really - the WrestleMania crowd booed him, then the rest of the followers did the same.[/QUOTE] You clearly missed NYR06 then. Even Chris Masters was cheered whilst having his oh-so-varied offence against Cena, and Edge (who was heavily booed during his match against Flair earlier in the night) was cheered like a hero when he cashed in his money of the bank to defeat Cena after an Elimination Chamber match. Cena started getting "X-Pac heat" even before that, it became really noticeable in his fued with Angle, I believe. On the topic of X-Pac, I think he did have some real heat mainly because his gimmick failed to evolve. X-Pac in 1998 was the same as X Pac in 2001, just less over. But you're right in as much as the WWF used his supposed heat when he was a heel. I personally think he was pretty good but from what I've seen (nothing outside of WWF, WCW and TNA) it seems like same old s**t.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;179551]That whole thing with X-Pac and "X-Pac sucks" was totally overblown. He was a great wrestler and later on wasn't that bad. It's one of those things were a few crowds chanted it, for whatever reason, maybe because he was a heel, and then all the crowds did, and then people were just like wow people chant it no matter what he does, it's X-Pac heat.[/QUOTE] As far as I know X-Pac Heat is fans just don't want to see him. Not in a heel way, more like an annoying way. Anyway there are ways to get the crowd to like people, like if a person is good at brawling, put them with another good brawler or stick them in angles :-)

[QUOTE=keefmoon;179741]You clearly missed NYR06 then. Even Chris Masters was cheered whilst having his oh-so-varied offence against Cena, and Edge (who was heavily booed during his match against Flair earlier in the night) was cheered like a hero when he cashed in his money of the bank to defeat Cena after an Elimination Chamber match. Cena started getting "X-Pac heat" even before that, it became really noticeable in his fued with Angle, I believe.[/QUOTE] I did miss NYR. Still, it wasn't really until after WrestleMania when every single crowd was booing him - during the feud with Angle, there was a part of the crowd that booed him, but he was still relatively over with quite alot of them.

The thing with Cena is people boo the guy cuz they think its what a smark would do, forgetting that you should think for yourself and not just follow the masses. Some people generally hate Cena but a huge percent saw or heard someone give a reason they hate Cena and thought....Oh that sounds good to me i guess i hate him to.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;179754]I did miss NYR. Still, it wasn't really until after WrestleMania when every single crowd was booing him - during the feud with Angle, there was a part of the crowd that booed him, but he was still relatively over with quite alot of them.[/QUOTE] Sort of. I'd say the crowd were split 50/50 with Angle and Cena. When you consider that at this time Angle said some things like the person he'd most like to put in the Ankle Lock was Jesus, showed the Cena hate campaign was underway. And I'm sorry to argue, I am because we all have our opinions and I respect yours, but I stand by mine that it started at NYR. For Masters to get popped when doing his repetoire shows Cena was well and truly hated by that point. The crowd was probably 90/10 against Cena, as in anyone but Cena, which is about the same as Wrestlemania, and it carried on from then. I remember the crowd popping immensly when Triple H said before Mania "the crowd don't like you because you can't wrestle" or something along those lines, or the thing he said about Cenas only move being pulling at his reeboks or something similar. I do agree though that it was made up of a few smarks but mainly people who wanted to be smarks.

If i remember correctly Triple H shot himself in the foot, he said to Kurt Angle that the reason the fans were booing Cena was cuz Angle was not doing his job as a heel properly....Triple H did so much better :rolleyes: he even went out of his way at times to get Cena booed....real clever Trips.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;179762]X-Pac was fine. X-Factor though, now they ****ing sucked a ****.[/QUOTE] X-Pac has had some good matches before. Although in WCW and WWE, I'm not really sure I could say I cared. But on the Indy scene he's had some good bouts. In the now defunct 3PW, he had a great match with Sabu. And that was in the former ECW arena. He got cheered there. Cheered. :eek: And although I'd agree with you that the X-Factor isn't such a cool move, but when he does it through tables and off of Ladders(or both at the same time), it can look awesome. He does have talent, but when he's focusing more on a gimmick rather than the match, then it blows. He should though, have all the heat in the world for what he was doing with Chyna. :eek: :eek: :eek: Good god, what was he thinking?

I liked X-Pac, he had an excellent match with AJ Styles on one of the earlier TNA DVDs of AJ. And X-Pac vs Shane-o-Mac was an excellent fun feud that I enjoyed a lot at the time... hell, I even like the X-factor as a move, though as a finisher it does blow a bit. But the bronco buster always did make me sad... and once X-pac left DX, he was never the same in the WWF.... but I liked X-Factor as a stable too. Sure, they were never going to be stars but they kept A-Train's body hair hidden and thats good enough for me. Of course... my taste has never been the same as anyone else's but I once heard someone say they gave X-pac a new nickname once in a TEW/EWR game... the Heatseeker. That made me smile. :) Derek B <--- going against popular opinion since that Jesus dude was put in an ankle lock by the Romans

[QUOTE=sitebender;179745]As far as I know X-Pac Heat is fans just don't want to see him. Not in a heel way, more like an annoying way.[/QUOTE] Actually, that sounds more like Hogan near the end of his WCW run, at least from my perspective. Everyone I knew was sick of him monopolizing the WCW title and just wanted him out of WCW. Gee... that's awfully similar Triple H today, come to think of it. :D

I like Triple H too... but he also gets a fair share of X-Pac heat... funny how there seems to be a link between X-Pac and HHH sometimes. Mind you, having said that I like HHH, I'm not going to say he's the best wrestler in the world by any means. But if you want someone to carry a good feud with practically ANYONE, then you can't go wrong with Trips. I don't care that he's boffing the boss's daughter or that some people in the business say he's selfish... I'D be selfish if I couldn't see anyone else to put in front of me. And lets face it.... HHH ain't been holding much gold lately, has he? Derek B <-- asking the question "How long does he have to NOT hold a belt before he's accused of being selfish?"

Archived