Fastest way to uber over?

What is the quickest way to raise a worker/s overness without sacraficing poor ratings? I currently have great main eventers average uppermids and absolute nobodys in the lowers(Fs accross the board). So this clutters my main event tier. Help me out with some hints please. Thanks in advance.

Well i made Hell monkey, Champ Lover and Adam Matravers from C's and D to B's in just one match after a talent trade for Wolf Hawkins (Who had moved to DAVE). That was my way. EDIT: Also another good way is if you know some one is leaving, JOB their ass to oblivion to your lowers....they now suck and leave and your lowers get some pop.

Anyone you want to be a maineventer, dont job to lowers, but there is prob a few top guys that you dont care for, and a few lowers you want to be huge, so make the lowers beat the wants you dont want, then when their jobbed to nothing let them go and build around the new guys. It can take a while but if you keep pushing the guys they will finally get to the right level.

I don't know if this is true throughout all styles of feds or throughout TEW07 but I've always found in my games in 05 or 07 that simply jobbing your lower workers to your higher workers helps to raise their overness. In 05 I played with traditional and cutting edge feds and in both games if I had a lower worker job out to a higher level worker, the lower worker would have their overness raised by 2 or 3 % (checked the editor). As long as the match rated a couple of grades higher than their current overness, this would happen. I would always have guys with no overness in dark matches against upper carders for ages simply to boost overness. Obviously chemistry comes into play here as well, because if you had good chemistry between 2 workers, the match rating would be boosted and allow your lower worker to move up those couple of percentage points. In 07 I've only played ROF so far, but again I simply put my lower workers in against the upper ones and as long as the match is 2 or 3 grades higher than their overness level, they'll raise 3% in overness. The other way I have found is (as Goldenskillz said) to just choose a guy in your upper tier that regularly jobs for you. Again I can't vouch for this in 07 because I haven't played far enough yet, but in 05 I had Donny Damage in his mid-40s who had overness that wouldn't drop below 50% however much he was jobbed. That was fantastic for raising workers lower down the card - I'd just be sure to give him the odd win against some lower carders as well to keep him relatively strong! It was always worth remembering that apart from an overness cap, there was also an overness point the wrestler would not go beneath. Finally, a lot of people seem to have new workers with low overness go up against a similarly lower card worker in their debut match. I don't think this helps, as the match is invariably pants and they start with low momentum. If they jobbed to an upper carder in a decent match, they'd start with momentum around that match rating, even if they lost it. And its always better to have some kind of momentum than be stuck at F!

[QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;179778]Finally, a lot of people seem to have new workers with low overness go up against a similarly lower card worker in their debut match. I don't think this helps, as the match is invariably pants and they start with low momentum. If they jobbed to an upper carder in a decent match, they'd start with momentum around that match rating, even if they lost it. And its always better to have some kind of momentum than be stuck at F![/QUOTE] Alicia Strong vs. Lioness Mushashibo in Alicia's debut match with 5SSW. Match rated a B (excellent chemistry between these two), Alicia walked out with the win and A momentum. So there doesn't seem to be a direct parallel between match rating and beginning momentum like there was in 05. Heck, that's the one thing I've noticed about 07 compared to 05. Most of the direct parallels (from looks based angles rating exactly what the worker(s) looks stat is, to debut match momentum gain, and on and on) have been rejiggered or outright removed.

I found out that an another way to get guys over by mistake is doing talent trades. I usually trade off some guys I don't use on a regular basis were al midcarders. Tana, Thatcher (Who I just havent had a direction for) and trade them to DAVE/USPW/WLW after x amount of shows with different promotions both of these guys came back complaining that they should be higher up the card. Which baffled me at first. I am like I haven't had either you on TV in weeks, and you didn't do anything! I go to recommended push for them and sure enough they were assigned midcarders and were recommended as upper midcarders. No idea if its due to being the most over in the promotions they get traded to, or the chance to work some other high ranked workers on a regular basis unlike they were doing for me or what....but, it worked. Makes it better it was unplanned so I now have new upper midcarders to job to Sifa Toma aka Rhino Umaga in his Goldberg/Umaga winning monster push lol.

Are there limits to how over you can get people if your promotion is not very big or if your means of distrabution (PPV carrier or TV network) is small? I started a regional promotion based out of the Tri-State area but had myself begin with a PPV deal to Americain Acess, the small USA PPV provider. Jack Griffith was my champion and most of his matches were were at B- and even Bs with the likes of Hells Monkey (God love him) and Jungle Jack. He capped out at 64 overness (C), I know this because I checked with the editor, had him win a match with B- rating and then found he was still at exactly 64. Soon his contract ran out and he would not re-sign because I was not big enough for him. Next I was pushing Hells Monkey and Jungle Jack as the top main eventers but they both capped out at 59. So do you think that there are "hard" caps, in which case they seem rather low for such talanted workers, or do you think there may be limits to how over a promotion of my size can get people?

[QUOTE=MrThing;180114]Are there limits to how over you can get people if your promotion is not very big or if your means of distrabution (PPV carrier or TV network) is small? I started a regional promotion based out of the Tri-State area but had myself begin with a PPV deal to Americain Acess, the small USA PPV provider. Jack Griffith was my champion and most of his matches were were at B- and even Bs with the likes of Hells Monkey (God love him) and Jungle Jack. He capped out at 64 overness (C), I know this because I checked with the editor, had him win a match with B- rating and then found he was still at exactly 64. Soon his contract ran out and he would not re-sign because I was not big enough for him. Next I was pushing Hells Monkey and Jungle Jack as the top main eventers but they both capped out at 59. So do you think that there are "hard" caps, in which case they seem rather low for such talanted workers, or do you think there may be limits to how over a promotion of my size can get people?[/QUOTE] Three things are interconnected here - promotion overness, individual overness and momentum, as well as match/angle ratings. To get over, a wrestler (in general) must have good momentum, which comes from getting good match/angle ratings and/or beating more over wrestlers. As a small promotion, it is hard to get your wrestlers great momentum, and therefore harder to get your wrestler massively over, although it is possible (as Eayragt proved in his TEW05 USPW diary where he got Eisaku Hoshino to 100% popularity in his home region in USA) So although you may think that your wrestler has hit his overness cap, it may well jump again as your promotion increases in popularity (and therefore size) as his momentum may well go up further, allowing his overness to correspondingly increase. On the other hand - it may not, and you may have found their final overness cap :p

Thanks Rob4590 I guess that I will have to wailt and see, and work on building momentum, although all three of the said workes had fairly high momemtum as champs since they were winning highly rated matches each month for several months in a row. It might, however, also be the need for "rubs" from the sort of bigger stars that I do not have in my roster (I avoid old workers with the exception of Steve Flash).

Archived