Help with Legends Federation

I am planning on starting a new game once a real world mod comes out and need some help with my ideas. I want to do a US touring promotion built around the Legends. I think I will go with easy name like United States Legends Tour or something similar. (suggestions?) I thought I would do two three-month periods Winter/Summer. Start as cult so I can actually tour. Pick a legend as the owner. (No idea who) Midwest will be home. (In my head it will be Minnesota) Name the belts after dead wrestlers. Tag-Team after Hawk or LoD. (No idea what though) Some kind of upper mid title after Henning. (My plan is to put a must have an active 5 match winning streak to be eligible.) No idea about who to name the big title after, only that they should be dead. (Maybe I should stay with the Minnesota connection here.) The Big Ones Who should I hire? Who should count as a legend? Should I try and get working agreements with WWE and TNA? The who is a legend is a big question. A lot of the people I will be using will be old and could retire early in the game. Along with most being only semi-active to begin. Throw in the fact many legends wont be able to do more then promos. I know I am going to count people like DDP, Nash, Hall, and so on. If you where a main eventer for more then a year before 2000 I will count as a legend. But, what about people who where long time mid-cards. Many of the ones from the 80's are considered legends would this be true for the 90's too? Is X-Pac a legend? Doink? D-lo? I don't know ho much to push the meaning of Legend. Any help would be nice. Also what should I do with the promotion set up match time key features and so on?

like the idea. I think anyone who is still working an active schedule or could work would not be a legend, ie Xpac and Dlo. Go after guys like Doink, Kamala, Bam Bam, DDP, Dusty Rhodes, Funks, Greg Valentine, Mean Gene, Honky Tonk, Jake the Snake, KoKo B Ware, Road Warrior Animal, Jimmy Hart, Hacksaw, Nikolai Volkoff , Ted Debiase, Virgil, Jimmy Snuka, Tully Blanchard, maybe a big name to headline like Hogan, Flair or Savage. What I like to do is take one guy, and buid a small fed around him, hiring guys he's known to be friends with, or that he really respects, or whatever... Maybe do that, make him the owner, and build around his traveling fed. Good idea.

Legend is a very flexible term, but if you're talking true legends, than most of the main event stars from the last ten or fifteen years wouldn't qualify. People like Nash, DDP and HHH won't be remembered as much for the quality of their matches as for their other legacies - good or, mainly, bad. However, using the more elastic meaning of the term that sees people like Gene Okerlund and Tony Atlas in the WWE HoF, by all means include them :D If it were me, I'd have Ted DiBiase as the authority figure and on-screen owner, playing up the old Million Dollar Man schtick. Ricky Steamboat should be in, as should Flair. Terry Funk is a must, ditto Mick Foley. Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, and Bob Backlund would be great. Younger workers like Austin, Rock and Sting would be nice to see in there as well. I've always had a soft spot for Tito Santana, and both the Midnight and RnR Expresses must make the cut. As for your titles, using Hennig is a nice touch, but DiBiase might name a belt after his parents, who were both wrestlers. I believe that Iron Mike, his dad, actually died after a match, so that might be a nice touch. It's always nice to use a real name for a memorial trophy - so naming the tag belts the Hegstrand Memorial Titles could be cool. Of course, if all the belts are named after dead guys, it could make the whole fed seem kinda sombre. (Natural place for the Undertaker, though...) Naming the big belt after Lou Thesz or Buddy Roberts might be appropriate. I believe Mr. Wrestling (II?) was big in Minnesota, though I may be wrong there.

Legends, Ric Flair, Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, The Iron Shiek, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Chris Jerico (well, that's up to you, using him cuz of being on Hiatus), Chyna, Trish Stratus (same reason as Chris Jerico). Bill Goldberg AND Bret Hart (lol, had to do that), Jesse the Body Ventura, Randy Savage, The Undertaker, Sting........That should get you going anyways... there are alot of them though. Dead people for Title's... World Heavyweight title (Andre the Giant) Mid level title Cruiserweight (Eddie Guerrerro) Mid level US/National/Intercontinental, etc. (Junkyard Dog, British Bulldog) Hmm, You could also use people like The Superstar Billy Graham. Don't know if it helps or not, that is just the obvious, so you probably already thought of those.

A couple of things I would like to add. 1. (I can believe I forgot this earlier) Who should be my announcers? The only one I'm sure of is Ventura. I also don't want The Brain to be one; I want him to be a manager. 2. The 90's Mid guys I will keep out, I was just thinking of some of the jobbers the promotions like SDW tried to call legends. (The Patriot, Disco Inferno) 3. I was thinking of giving the Warrior, Savage, and Hogan all creative control and see what kind of booking hell I can get myself in. 4. The big thing is what type of promotion setting should I use? 5. Something I just thought about I might have to restart the game allot. Most blocks will kill me with a legends roster.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;179694]One thing, if your doing a legend thing...PLEASE DONT INCLUDE X-Pac. People are gonna think i hate the guy, i dont but i do not like him as a wrestler at all. If people like him thats fine, but a legend....no freaking way.....no freaking way.[/QUOTE] Thank GOD somebody finally said it.

[QUOTE=masterded;179725] 5. Something I just thought about I might have to restart the game allot. Most blocks will kill me with a legends roster.[/QUOTE] Play freestyle then, or if you want the goals, then make sure you start without a owner and put in a bid for the HUGE bulk on the first day, that way the blocks dont effect the negotiations.

I see Jimmy Hart as owner (He is just someone I see organising a legends tour) I would personally use the term "Legend" Lightly I would really just look at guys who were say 40 yrs old and over or guys in there 30's who have retired (eg Lance Storm) And if you [I]were[/I] to hire Xpac dont call him Xpac lol I would go with 1-2-3 Kid

[QUOTE=masterded;179732]Never ment to say he was a legend. I was looking at it in the way it would really be done. If you are lucky the Main event will have Hogan or someone who was popular for a while. Then the undercard is Doink vs. IRS. Thought that wouldn't be as fun.[/QUOTE] In reality, I dont see Hogan ever doing a Legends tour. They'd have to offer up a ton of change... Dude makes more for his one shot deal a year with WWE, than any little tour could pay him. Plus, it takes him a year between matches to get his body ready. Besides, all that, he wouldnt do it, just cause his ego. I could see Savage as the headliner, him and Steamboat, working matches against each other around the country...

[QUOTE=masterded;179725]A couple of things I would like to add. 1. (I can believe I forgot this earlier) Who should be my announcers? The only one I'm sure of is Ventura. I also don't want The Brain to be one; I want him to be a manager. 2. The 90's Mid guys I will keep out, I was just thinking of some of the jobbers the promotions like SDW tried to call legends. (The Patriot, Disco Inferno) 3. I was thinking of giving the Warrior, Savage, and Hogan all creative control and see what kind of booking hell I can get myself in. 4. The big thing is what type of promotion setting should I use? 5. Something I just thought about I might have to restart the game allot. Most blocks will kill me with a legends roster.[/QUOTE] 1. Mean Gene Okurland? 2.ok... 3. Whatever floats your boat 4.I dont know. probly 50% matches, low danger, idk bout intensity. 5. Ya start without an owner and get the bulk within the first day/

If I was doing this, I'd set my Product Thusly: Style Name: Legend Tour Match Booking AI: Mostly multi (2-4) man tag matches. Match Ratio: Set as low as possible. Expected Match Lengths: Main matches set low. Most of these guys won't be able to turn out hour long classics any more. Keep the lower level matches set fairly normal so you can run normal matches using non-old people. Match Intensity/Danger: Set very low. Don't want to break Ric Flair's back (again), now do ya? ;p Womens Wrestling: None T&A Levels: None Face/Heel Divide: None or Low Product Appeal: Traditional: Key Feature Mainstream: Key Feature Comedy: Low, Medium, or High (take your pick) Cult: Very Low or Low Risque: None Modern: None Realism: None Hyper Realism: None Hardcore: None Lucha Libre: None Pure: None DareDevil: None With this setup, I'd base my tours around undercard Tournaments, with each "title" a cup or trophy. I'd short term hire, or trade for, some young and talented (and popular) wrestlers to actually do the wrestling in these tournaments, with the concept that these guys are tomorrows legends (Perhaps I'd team them with one of my legends as a manager, with the idea that the legend nominated them for that tournament). The Main Event of each show would be a "Dream Match" between two teams of actual legends. Padding out the space between the matches, I'd have interviews with the legends, and would probably make angles like "Legend Q&A" where a legend comes down to the ring and answers questions posed by the fans and "Legend Autograph Session" Where a legend comes down to ring side and does autographs for the fans. Make sure you hit up every place in the game world for working agreements, so you can use their legends. Basically, the idea of this setup is playing off the legend's overness to get over with the fans and giving the young guys the rub now and again.

Archived