Best TEW05 to TEW07 conversion mod?

I'm not too familiar with the trustworthy and credible modifiers for the Total Extreme Wrestling games. In fact, this is the first TEW I've bought (and even without a real world mod released, it looks that good). I don't want to wait to start running a real world simulation. Since there are likely no real world mods out right now (if there are, let me know), my best bet is to just use a conversion of TEW05 to TEW07. However, it sounds like whenever conversions happen, stats get skewed. I would like it if someone would let me know which conversion mod is the best, with little modification time by me to ensure it is accurate. Also, if stats are skewed when converting from one database to another, is it random stats or are there specific types of stats that are incorrect?

[QUOTE=Dwight Mighton;179799]Specific stats. There's new stats in 07 that didn't exist in 05 so you're going to have to fix a few stats for every single worker. There was also only 2 brands in 05, so you're going to have to make the ECW brand in the editor yourself.[/QUOTE] As far as the previous stats, the conversion won't affect those ratings, right? By chance do you know what are the new stats in TEW07? That might help to narrow down what I need to look at. Modifications to this game should be a group effort, instead of one person doing the work. There's so many workers...not to mention all the other options with the promotions, TV networks, etc.

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar760;179801]As far as the previous stats, the conversion won't affect those ratings, right?[/quote] I haven't done a conversion myself, but as far as I know the conversion will not affect the previous stats. [QUOTE=HugeRockStar760]By chance do you know what are the new stats in TEW07? That might help to narrow down what I need to look at.[/quote] Puroresu Style and Announcing. Plus you have title history, dojos, new workers and alter egos if you want a complete mod. [quote=HugeRockStar760]Modifications to this game should be a group effort, instead of one person doing the work. There's so many workers...not to mention all the other options with the promotions, TV networks, etc.[/QUOTE] It's always been like that. Not much you can really do about it.

I think he's talking about the fact that Announcing makes up 1/4 of the Entertainment grouping. So, for example, if a wrestler has Microphone, Charisma, and Acting stats that are all in the B range, but has an Announcing stat of 0 (which nearly all working wrestlers in the default data do) then the overall Entertainment rating is going to be somewhere in the low C or D range. Depending upon how the game is programmed, this could certainly impact angles based on Entertainment.

Archived