Wow, Forget the Monday Night Wars

In my SWF Game, I just got to May 2007, and for the first time, my tv rating dropped to a 10. Since I typically average 28-30, I was shocked. What happened? It was a good show (final rating = B). So I looked around, and found out that TCW's tv show now airs at the exact same time as mine, and they killed me in the ratings with a 30. However, I held a better show (their rating was C+), and drew more fans (9500 vs 5000). Still, with their dominance in the ratings, I'm just reminded of the Monday Night Wars, except now I guess it's the Tuesday Night Wars. And I find all this unbearably cool. Did this happen to anyone else? What are your thoughts?

*Goes and cries in a corner* No fair, i have only played as my created fed SCEA and the highest crowd i have ever drawn is a 2000 sell out (Every week tho :P) and my best TV rating is 0.24 :(...on National Pride TV. It was 0.06 then i signed Sean McFly and the ratings rose :D.

[QUOTE=Craig Edwards;179833]i think why they beat you in the rating is because they might have more over workers or that they are more over than you are now[/QUOTE] Or it's because GNN Global hits all of Canada and one region in Mexico as well as all of the US.

My TV show is an hour long, and starts at 9:30. TCW's starts at 10:00. It's quite funny (in a sadistic, self-harmingly emo way) to see my ratings. Half-Hour 1: 2.69 Half-Hour 2: 1.34 Total: 2.0 Ouch. Give me my veiwers back, you good-show-producing bastards :(

[QUOTE=Craig Edwards;179861]aren't you running you made up fed, and a Small promotion still[/QUOTE] Like D-Lyrium, I too have multiple games going on. My made up small fed game IS still going, and obviously, we have no TV show. My SWF game is going strong in terms of putting on strong shows and making $ every month, but trying to get my Heidenreich character over is challenging and time consuming. And now, I have to worry about fiercer competition from TCW. let the Tuesday Night Wars BEGIN! To foolinc: I think you're right; we're both international size, but Canadians can't get my tv show; Meanwhile they have not only all my American audiences, but my Canadian audience as well. I may try to talk to CBA again, but their timeslot was unreasonable the last time I Spoke with them (who's going to watch SWF at midnight?) To D-Lyrium: SWF TV airs in Japan on Fridays at midnight and draws a 0.2 rating. Considering my overness in the region, I'm surprised (and thankful) I can get that much. Still, it gives me a chuckle; I ask myself "Is this helping my overness?" followed by "Why bother?" And finally, on a slighty off-topic note, I "spoke with my workers", and Richard Eisen is furious about being kept off shows. Like real life, I think wrestling benefits from a lack of McMahons / Eisens on a regular basis (once in a whle is cool). But since he's the boss, I now put him in an angle every week where he gets beaten up by one of my workers. He no longer complains, and the segment is consistently over, though there's no storyline / rhyme or reason to it.

[QUOTE=Actarus;180097] And finally, on a slighty off-topic note, I "spoke with my workers", and Richard Eisen is furious about being kept off shows. Like real life, I think wrestling benefits from a lack of McMahons / Eisens on a regular basis (once in a whle is cool). But since he's the boss, I now put him in an angle every week where he gets beaten up by one of my workers. He no longer complains, and the segment is consistently over, though there's no storyline / rhyme or reason to it.[/QUOTE] Pure genius - and a high rating too!

[QUOTE=Actarus;180097] And finally, on a slighty off-topic note, I "spoke with my workers", and Richard Eisen is furious about being kept off shows. Like real life, I think wrestling benefits from a lack of McMahons / Eisens on a regular basis (once in a whle is cool). But since he's the boss, I now put him in an angle every week where he gets beaten up by one of my workers. He no longer complains, and the segment is consistently over, though there's no storyline / rhyme or reason to it.[/QUOTE] You should turn that into a Storyline make it have no matches but just alot of angles it could put over some of your lower-midcarders that you want to give a huge push to.

Archived