Any worker below D+ in Respect is considered a Young Lion in areas where the Young Lions system is turned on (by default, Japan only). Young Lions beating non-Young Lions = Bad Things happen. I'm not sure what Bad Things exactly, but suffice to say that it's not good.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;179896]I'm not sure what Bad Things exactly, but suffice to say that it's not good.[/QUOTE] I'm guessing it's a huge momentum and overness drop for both the Young Lion and the veteran they beat. Of course, I should test it out and see (run a whole show with Young Lions beating veterans and see what happens). Though I was hoping someone else would do it. *cough* I do know that the Young Lion thing doesn't seem to apply with tag teams. Sensational Ogiwara, Thunder Hike, and Yuma Maruya d. Crusher Ichihara, June Butler, and Gorgon in 14:57 when Yuma Maruya pinned Gorgon. THAT matchup I was watching and didn't see anything untoward occur afterward. As for what it is, it's a concept held in Japan (and ONLY in Japan) where young workers have to "pay their dues" and earn respect before they're allowed to go over veterans who have done so. So Young Lions (or 'young boys') can beat each other but they always lay down against veterans, until such time as they prove themselves (which takes time).

[QUOTE=Grudge;179874]I think I forgot what this was. Someone please tell me what the young lions thing within the database editor is. You can enable it for each area. What is this? thanks[/QUOTE] Please checkout the help file infuture. Thats what its there for. It clearly explains young lions.

There's plenty of people who don't mind helping others out, and sometimes the Help Files can be a bit unclear. Unhelpful and snarky replies, however, do nothing to help anyone, and just give the impression that we're impatient and kinda rude. If you don't want to help someone, please don't reply just to tell them that, or to have a go at them.

[QUOTE=James Casey;180059]There's plenty of people who don't mind helping others out, and sometimes the Help Files can be a bit unclear. Unhelpful and snarky replies, however, do nothing to help anyone, and just give the impression that we're impatient and kinda rude. If you don't want to help someone, please don't reply just to tell them that, or to have a go at them.[/QUOTE] 100% aggree. The help files can be a bit unclear and/or hard to find exactly where to look for something. There are parts that tell you small bits of information, then other parts that elaborate on that same information more. Finding exactly where to find the information can be confusing. A link to the exact answer would be helpfull, but saying "it's in there somewhere" is not.

[QUOTE=The Gaz;180026]Please checkout the help file infuture. Thats what its there for. It clearly explains young lions.[/QUOTE] There are help files that show definitions of terms, but no manual that clearly states how it is bad. Remember charity? That was said to do something too... but it never did.

In my personal experiences as PGHW...letting a youngster with high popularity and momentum go over a veteran midcarder doesn't hurt at all. For example letting Tetsunori Yasuda go over Danger Kumasawa...but letting the same youngster beat a Main Eventer hurts the Main Eventer, and can turn the crowd against the youngster.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;179896]Any worker below D+ in Respect is considered a Young Lion in areas where the Young Lions system is turned on (by default, Japan only).[/QUOTE] I thought it was D? [QUOTE]For example letting Tetsunori Yasuda go over Danger Kumasawa[/QUOTE] Well that would be silly.

[QUOTE=Remianen;179904]I'm guessing it's a huge momentum and overness drop for both the Young Lion and the veteran they beat. Of course, I should test it out and see (run a whole show with Young Lions beating veterans and see what happens). Though I was hoping someone else would do it. *cough* I do know that the Young Lion thing doesn't seem to apply with tag teams. Sensational Ogiwara, Thunder Hike, and Yuma Maruya d. Crusher Ichihara, June Butler, and Gorgon in 14:57 when Yuma Maruya pinned Gorgon. THAT matchup I was watching and didn't see anything untoward occur afterward. As for what it is, it's a concept held in Japan (and ONLY in Japan) where young workers have to "pay their dues" and earn respect before they're allowed to go over veterans who have done so. So Young Lions (or 'young boys') can beat each other but they always lay down against veterans, until such time as they prove themselves (which takes time).[/QUOTE] It does apply to tag teams, as I got the the message when I put The Nigerian Hit Squad over Barry Griffin & Daisetsu Satou in a dark match.

[QUOTE=gbasalmon;180654]It does apply to tag teams, as I got the the message when I put The Nigerian Hit Squad over Barry Griffin & Daisetsu Satou in a dark match.[/QUOTE] I should've explained myself better. In the example I cited, one member of both teams is a young lion (in this case, Yuma Maruya and Gorgon). The others are not. I don't think that's the same as putting a young lion tag team over veterans. In my case, I just had one lion pin the other. I think that would be treated differently.

Archived