I May Have Missed Something...

Actually, I probably did miss something. I've just been skimming the forum about once a week for a few months now. I'm probably gonna buy the game tomorrow. Anyway, while playing the demo, I was looking at the New Workers data. I see guys like Tommy Cornell's cousin and son, as well as others. Now, I noticed that these relationships aren't actually reflected in the database and that you can't set relationships to New Workers at all. It may just be me, but it kinda defeats the purpose of having people who are obviously and specifically related to Cornell as well as others, yet when they debut the game won't recognize any of that. I know it's not something THAT big, but it just seems kinda incosistent to me, and ruins things like inheritance, which I'm sure would happen it at least some cases. Again, I may have missed something, but this just seems a bit weird to me.

[QUOTE=Akki;179906]Again, I may have missed something, but this just seems a bit weird to me.[/QUOTE] As Dwight pointed out, you did miss something. As I'm sure everyone who has played the game past April can attest to, Alicia Strong does indeed have 'blood relative of Sam Strong' and 'protege of Sensational Ogiwara' in her Worker Relations tab. You need to look at the worker's profile, under 'default face gimmick' and 'default heel gimmick'. You'll two boxes for inputting those two relationships that will be reflected in the worker's profile when they debut. I've been adding New Workers to the New Workers file all week (the McFly brood, Adam Matravers' daughter, some new DeColts, Crusher Ichihara's daughter, etc) and I know I've input those relationships.

Well, apparently I did miss something. Yeah, I see it now. Don't I feel stupid. This may sound weird but that was one of the things I was on the fence about with the game. Yeah, I was always gonna get the game, but I just had this nagging feeling that this would be something that could ruin my enjoyment. Now, though, I'm wondering is that since you can only pick one person to be a relative, will the game take everyone else who is a relative of the person you pick and create that relationship, or will it just be to that person? And since I've said that I haven't gotten the full game yet, I obviously haven't played till April, Rem.

[QUOTE=Akki;179910]And since I've said that I haven't gotten the full game yet, I obviously haven't played till April, Rem.[/QUOTE] I wasn't talking about YOU being able to attest to that. I was talking about others, who do have the game, being able to confirm that those relationships ARE in place. And in the case of a worker with both parents active, the game assumes connected relationships even if they're not outright stated. Like, I have Olivia McFly as a blood relative of Sean McFly. Due to Sean & Victoria's relationship around the time of Olivia's birth, the game will ASSUME Victoria is her mother or a blood relative. And if Victoria's a blood relative then Dan Sr, Dan Jr, Jeremy, Edd, and Duane must be ancillary relatives as well. Adam made a post about this about a week ago or so, I think, so it's not just guesswork (though I admit it sounds like it :p).

Archived