North of the Border- Evolution of Wrestling

[U][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]NOTBPW News[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/B][/U] [B][/B] [B][U][COLOR=black]More matches added to Honor Bound[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][U][COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR][/U][/B] [COLOR=black]Sean McFly vs Cameron Vessey and R.K Hayes vs Frankie Perez have been added to the show. [/COLOR] The Gut-Check Finals match between what will be the now former Kelowna Playaz Gregg Boone and Craig Green will be part of the pre-show. [B][U]NOTBPW Secure Hot Prospect[/U][/B] NOTBPW beat of competition from U.S giants SWF amd TCW, plus Canadian rivals CGC to the signing of Davis Wayne Newton. Newton is seen by many as the top graduate from the Pile Driver Wrestling School and many say he has all the tools to make an immediate impact in the business, despite only be 19.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][U]NOTBPW Honor Bound Preview[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR=black]NOTBPW return to PPV as they host Honor Bound from the Civic Centre Arena in Ottawa. Here is what the final card is shaping up as.....[/COLOR] [B]International Title: Johnny Bloodstone vs Jeremy Stone[/B] So far Johnny Bloodstone has seen off the challenges of Tim Westybrook, Sean McFly (in a re-match at last months Retribution) and Dan Stone Jr. Now he puts the belt on the line against Dan Jr's brother Jeremy. [B]X-Division Title: Dark Angel vs Emerald Angel[/B] So far Dark Angel has seen off all challengers since winning the X-Division title from Harrison Hash in January. Now the NOTBPW match-makers are bringing in the best from Japan to face the backbone of the Black Cloud stable...in the form of WLW golden boy Emerald Angel. [B]Tag Team Titles 4 Corner Survival: [/B] [B]The CAN-AM Blondes vs SAS vs Honest Days Pay vs Black Cloud[/B] The CAN-AM Blondes just about retained their titles in the latest edition of Championship wrestling as the all Japanese tandem of SAS pushed them all the way, now not only do the Blondes have to put the belts on the line against SAS, they will also have two other teams to contend with in the form of Honest Day's Pay and Black Cloud. [B]Tables Match: Dan Stone Jr vs Art Reed[/B] Art Reed made an impact last month by putting Dan Stone Jr through a table in his return to NOTBPW, can the NOTBPW icon exact revenge on Art Reed by doing the same to Reed or will Reed once more dish out the punishment once more. [B]Ladder Match: Duane Stone & Edd Legend[/B] The two Stone Brothers have become hated rivals since Edd forced their tag team to break up at the Tough Love PPV in February...Edd has even since to go on to denounce his Stone surname, changing his ring name to the egotistical Edd Legend. Both also have their eyes on Dark Angel's X-Division championship. The wrestler to climb the ladder and bring down the contract first, will be guaranteed an X-Division title shot at the Jeopardy PPV next month. [B]Cameron Vessey vs Sean McFly[/B] On the last edition of Championship Wrestling the confident, some would say arrogant youngster Cameron Vessey challenged former International Champion Sean McFly to match, claiming that the two were at a cross-roads with Vessey on his way up and McFly on his way down. While McFly thought about Vessey's challenge, Vessey made McFly's decision for him by attacking the former champion. [B]R.K Hayes vs Frankie Perez[/B] These two have crossed passed recently when Frankie Perez teamed with Jeremy Stone to defeat R.K Hayes and Art Reed. Perez and Jeremy Stone also saved Jeremy's brother Dan Jr from a beat-down at the hands of Hayes and Reed. With a growing history between these two, the NOTBPW match-makers have decided to add this match to round out the card. [B]Pre-Show: Gut-Check Finals: Gregg Boone vs Craig Green[/B] The former Kelowna Playaz have been forced to fight each other to decide who stays on the NOTBPW roster. The Playaz lost a tag match to Derek Frost & Marc Speed in the penultimate round of the Gut-Check Challenge. Now the Gut-Check comes to a head as one of them must leave NOTBPW. _______________________________________________________________ [SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000][B]Prediction Short Form:[/B] [/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000][B]International Title:[/B] Johnny Bloodstone vs Jeremy Stone[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000][B]X-Division Title[/B]: Dark Angel vs Emerald Angel [/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][B]Tag Team Titles:[/B] CAN-AM Blondes (The Natural & Owen Love) vs SAS (SUKI & Shingen Miyazaki) vs [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Black Cloud (Black Eagle & Lucifer Mysteron) vs Honest Days Pay (Thomas Morgan & Steve Flash) [/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred][B]Tables Match:[/B] Dan Stone Jr vs Art Reed[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000][B]Ladder Match:[/B] Duane Stone vs Edd Legend[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]Cameron Vessey vs Sean McFly[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000]R.K Hayes vs Frankie Perez [/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b0000][B]Gut-Check Finals:[/B] Craig Green vs Gregg Boone[/COLOR][/SIZE]

International Title: Johnny Bloodstone vs [B]Jeremy Stone[/B] X-Division Title: [B]Dark Angel [/B]vs Emerald Angel Tag Team Titles: [B]CAN-AM Blondes (The Natural & Owen Love)[/B] vs SAS (SUKI & Shingen Miyazaki) vs Black Cloud (Black Eagle & Lucifer Mysteron) vs Honest Days Pay (Thomas Morgan & Steve Flash) Tables Match: [B]Dan Stone Jr [/B]vs Art Reed Ladder Match: Duane Stone vs [B]Edd Legend[/B] Cameron Vessey vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] R.K Hayes vs [B]Frankie Perez [/B] Gut-Check Finals: [B]Craig Green[/B] vs Gregg Boone

International Title: [B]Johnny Bloodstone[/B] vs Jeremy Stone Dan or Sean should be the one to take it off Bloodstone or maybe even R.K. Hayes X-Division Title: Dark Angel vs [B]Emerald Angel [/B] Here's a man who can carry this title Tag Team Titles: [B]CAN-AM Blondes (The Natural & Owen Love) vs SAS (SUKI & Shingen Miyazaki)[/B] vs Black Cloud (Black Eagle & Lucifer Mysteron) vs Honest Days Pay (Thomas Morgan & Steve Flash) Can't lose in a three way Tables Match: [B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Art Reed I really like art reed he and JD Morgan carried my pure fed in TEW2005 but he's a great Technical Wrestler and I think his big star making win over Dan should be in an ultimate submission match Ladder Match: [B]Duane Stone[/B] vs Edd Legend Edd Sucks Cameron Vessey vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] OK here's an idea fro you since I don't know when I'm gonna get around to doing another diary. Hire Jay Chord and Ash Camble but them in Stable with Cameron Vessey and call them "2nd Sons of Wrestling" and ahev them furd with Dan Store Jr., Jeremy Stone and Daune Stone. [B]R.K Hayes[/B] vs Frankie Perez Sorry Frankie your a cool dude but R.K> is just pure power. Gut-Check Finals: Craig Green vs Gregg Boone I really don't like these guys

An update on this diary... All was going well when I was using the 1.0 Data, then I put in the 1.3 Data.....it's now a month ahead in game terms. Now since I put the 1.3 Data in I suddenly fell down to cult, then the T.V company turned on the promotion for not having good enough ratings and threw NOTBPW off the station. After that my heart sank, plus the fact that both the economy and wrestling industry has been nothing short of horrible (E and Falling) and I just feel like I'm constantly battling a up-hill struggle. I know that is the randomness of the game, but it especially seems to have hit hard since I put in the 1.3 update..this is something I was fearful of , but eventually I relented and installed one of the updates. So with the kick in the gut from the unsupportive T.V Station, my heart is no longer in this diary. What I will have to say is thanks to anyone who left positive comments on this diary, and I will be back with one another one in the future...be it another crack at NOTBPW or something different. What I will do is write up the PPV people have made predictions on, sometime this week on to give this diary a sense of closure, then as I said I'll return with a new one, probably after a bit of a break (could be a week, could be a month- depends on how quickly I get inspired again)

Yeah thats too bad about the patch I had the same thing but i just kept starting a new game till I got one with ok Industry overness in Canada as i had the same problem. To be honest I think losing the TV deal has got nothing to do with ratings in my experiance it seems to be the promotions size dropping that is the key factor as my ratings were similar and no matter what i did i lose the deal anyway but like i said i just cheated a bit till i got a decent game I just really hate not being able to keep my guys on written deals.

[QUOTE=Ironmike;201790]Yeah thats too bad about the patch I had the same thing but i just kept starting a new game till I got one with ok Industry overness in Canada as i had the same problem. To be honest I think losing the TV deal has got nothing to do with ratings in my experiance it seems to be the promotions size dropping that is the key factor as my ratings were similar and no matter what i did i lose the deal anyway but like i said i just cheated a bit till i got a decent game I just really hate not being able to keep my guys on written deals.[/QUOTE] That's exactly what it felt like, the fact that the company suddenly dropped in size due to the patch, the T.V Station was suddenly on my case and yet my T.V Ratings had actually started to go up over the last month. I was averaging around 6 in the first few months, now I was more up to averaging around 7.

Seeing as I've already resigned myself to putting this one down to more diary writing 'experience'...I'm not going to do a full write of the PPV that ran before I loaded the 1.3 data and everything went a bit wrong. Was a good show and all, which makes closing this down all the more frustrating but with the goalposts suddenly moved...I feel like I was left with no choice, but to do a mercy killing on the game/diary. But here are the results of the show... [B]Match # 1: Ladder Match : Duane Stone vs Edd Legend[/B] Duane Stone defeated Edd Legend in 13:20 when Duane Stone retrieved the item. [B](B)[/B] [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][B]Match # 2: Sean McFly vs Cameron Vessey[/B][/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]

Well I will be back with a future diary...possibly even as early as next week, but I'm not sure what to do. What I will be using is slightly modified data, it's not a complete over-write of the Cornellverse, just tweaked a little. These are the changes... - I'm using real life T.V Stations and Locations. - Slight adjustments to where workers can work, I've not made everyone all area's but I've made more workers available to work in foreign countries. - Reduced the amount of titles in some promotions namely PGHW and WLW. WLW now just has 3 titles, PGHW only has one set of Tag Titles. - I've made amendments to the Mexican scene, SOTBPW have been deleted...MPWF and OLLIE are still there but both are cult sized and SOTBPW's roster was split between the two promotions, both have T.V Deals...a bit like he situation in Canada with CGC and NOTBPW. There is a 3rd promotion in Mexican Hardcore Wrestling, kind of like the 4C of Mexico. I've tested this data a couple of times, and most of the promotions seem to be on the right size of station, when it comes to having a T.V Deal...USPW, GCG and UCR always seem to have T.V Problems but most seem secure, and are not having ther T.V companies threatening to kick them off air. Now for what diary I should do , here are the options I have thought of and I'll go through each promotion.... [B]4C: [/B]If I was to do this size of promotion, I'd rather do the idea of starting up my own promotion. [B]21CW, ROF, MOSC, UCR:[/B] Sorry but the British and European feds are very limiting, the talent pool is pretty poor. [B]5 Star Supreme, AAA, BSC:[/B] Just have no desire to do a womens fed diary, don't mind doing it as a Division such as in NOTBPW but not a whole fed. [B]BHOTWG:[/B] This one could be interesitng, obvioulsy it would have to be all about the wrestling, but when I look at how the computer books BHOTWG, I always think...I could book that promotion better. [B]CGC:[/B] When it comes to Canadian fed's I'm NOTBPW through and through, doing a CGC diary...would just feel wrong. [B]CZCW:[/B] I like the roster, but there is already a well established CZCW diary already on this board. [B]DAVE:[/B] Monkeypox's DAVE diary is so good, any attempts become redundant at attempting the infamous Hardcore fed. [B]GCG:[/B] I think GBSalamon had as good a crack at trying to turn around this fed as anyone, if I were to have a crack at a Puro fed it would be Burning Hammer. [B]INSPIRE:[/B] I think it's interesting in terms of the Cornellverse of them coming in and shaking up the Puro scene, but they don't Inspire me in terms of doing a diary (pun intended) [B]MHW, MPW, OLLIE:[/B] Though I've adjusted the Mexican data, I actually have no desire to do a Lucha fed diary, as I don't feel like I have enough knowledge of Lucha Libre. All I knew that I would rather see a Cornellverse with 2 established feds both fighting to become the true National powerhouse, rather than this idea of 3 micky mouse regional ones. [B]MAW:[/B] Similar to 4C, if I'm doing a promotion this size, I feel more desire to do the start my own fed idea. [B]NYCW:[/B] I suppose the idea is to drag NYCW out of the dark ages, thing is Bri-Fidelity perfected this scenario on his TEW 2005 diary. Whatever happened to him ? He was a diary legend. [B]NOTBPW: [/B]I really enjoyed doing NOTBPW and if it wasn't for the goalposts suddenly being moved in terms of the way size of promotions and subsequently T.V Deals were affected I'd still be carrying on with this diary. Would consider doing them again. [B]PGHW:[/B] I like the roster, but as Puro feds go, I think I would write a better Burning Hammer diary. [B]SWF:[/B] There is already a good SWF diary being written by MAXI, that is based on the sort of scenario, I would work with.....so I'll leave him to it and not tread on his territory. [B]TCW:[/B] Not sure if there is a really good TCW diary on this board right now, so this is one I would consider. [B]USPW:[/B] I hate their roster (Devine excluded, but he always signs with SWF anyway) and their philosophy too much, to ever do a diary for them..... [B]WLW/WEXVV:[/B] Out of the 2 smaller Japanese feds WLW would be the better option, but as stated earlier if it's to be a Puro fed it would be Burning Hammer. So this is what I've boiled down my next possible diary attempt being: Here's the options and I'll leave this open ended a few days for reply's, so let me know what diary you have a desire to see me do..... [B]Option 1:[/B] Give NOTBPW another crack, I appeared to get pretty positive feedback for the way I diarised NOTBPW. Would people like to see me have another go at the Canadian fed. [B]Option 2:[/B] TCW- I like the idea of their roster being a mixed bag of genuine talent and totally hopeless hosses . Would be good fun from a promo's stand point. [B]Option 3:[/B] BHOTWG- A bit more limiting in terms of the creative process for promo's as it's a puro fed, but I was look at the way the computer sims Burning Hammer and feel that I could book it better. [B]Option 4:[/B] Start up my own Indy fed, medium difficulty...which means I would have some money to play with, but it's not like I could go out and sign up whoever I like.

Guest TDubTNA
n/a I would say go with NOTBPW...I loved your diary...I loved reading your diary and seeing what you did with the roster and just different things...I always play as NOTBPW because the talent is incredible...Your diary always gave me new ideas on what I should do with my game...I don't do a diary but it's been fun since you've started your diary...So I say go with NOTBPW...but if you want to do something different...I wouldn't mind seeing BHOTWG because not a lot of people do anything with the Japan scene...

I play both NOTBPW and TCW and the later can be really frustrating because of lack of guys that can compete well past the 12 minute mark, so i usually go back to using NOTBPW since both promotions are mostly match oriented they have the match stronger roster. That said it is fun to produce good matches from some of those guys in TCW that just plain suck while you look to Tommy to carry the whole promotion. Whoever you choose please do write another diary as I like many others enjoy reading!

I think I'll give Burning Hammer a crack, I loved doing NOTBPW but it's too soon to do another NOTBPW diary and I might just end up of repeating the same idea's I had before. Burning Hammer looks like an interesting challenge and I have big plans for it nand I look forward to working with their Junior Division and trying to improve their mediocre heavyweight scene. There should be no data excuses on this next diary either, as I've set the data up just right...so if I fail with Burning Hammer on my next game/diary, it will be because my booking was rubbish. They don't go on tour until March, so I'm working on filling the first part of it with some off season news, my next post will be in a new diary for Burning Hammer.

Archived