Getting back into the business!

I was sitting in a strip club in Las Vegas. My company for the night was Captain Ron, my attorney, and our Friend Sal. This evening was like most other evenings I spent with these two guys. We were sitting at a table with the main stage in view. The Captain had one of his many playthings on his lap. Sal was rambling on about how he wanted to date this dancer or that dancer, but we all knew he would never even try. That was the dynamics of our group, the captain could convince any dancer anywhere to go home with him, and Sal could get a great relationship started with any of them, that is a great brother/sister relationship. As for me, well, I didn’t have the captain’s luck, but I did better than Sal. After we were there for several hours I noticed a very intoxicated man swaying in his chair. I tapped the captain on his arm and asked, “hey isn’t Richard Eisen?”. “It sure looks like him”, the captain replied. “Who is Richard Eisen?” Sal asked. “Richard Eisen is the owner of the Supreme Wrestling Federation.” I replied. “Do you know him”, the Captain asked, making reference to my former career as a pro wrestler. “No, I never met him, but I met his son Jerry once.” After a while Richard got up from the tip rail and started to stumble around. I decided what the hell and called him over to join us. Being the center of the universe that he thinks he is gladly came over and joined our little party. Through the remainder of the night we talked about wrestling, and Richard Continued to drink. When the night ended Richard Eisen was so drunk he did not remember anything, not his tryst in the VIP room, or his boast about being able to make anyone a star.

Headed into the office A few days after the party in the Las Vegas Strip club a boarded a plan headed to the east coast. I knew that just showing up was probably not the best way to start my new job, but I was unsure as how to handle the transition. I knew there was no way Richard Eisen was going to remember our little agreement, but I had that covered. As I entered the lobby of the SWF tower my stomach started to tighten. I went up to the secretary and told her I was here to see Richard Eisen. The pretty young blonde informed that he was in a production meeting, and after that he would be headed out on his Christmas vacation. I kindly informed her that I needed to a part of the production meeting, but she did not budge. Luckily for me someone had overheard our conversation. The gentleman came up and asked me why I thought I should be in the production meeting. I told him it was because Richard Eisen had hired me to be on the booking team. The gentleman kind of of chuckled and asked if I could tell when this interview and job offer came about. I kindly filled him in on the story of the Las Vegas strip club. When I finished he told me to follow him, and something about this should be good for a laugh.

Into the meeting I followed the gentleman who interceded upon my behalf into a conference room. As we entered the room, Richard Eisen was in the middle of a tirade. Form what I could tell he was upset over the recent rating. When Richard glanced towards the door to see who had entered, his tirade broke off. “Peter, you are late!” Richard screamed. “And you know that all production meetings are closed to anyone who is not on the booking team.” “He says you hired him over the weekend while you were in Las Vegas,” Peter replied. Mr. Eisen’s face took on a look of shear concentration. After about a minute he said, “I do not recall ever meeting you.” “You met me at the Jiggly Room, and you gave me a two year contract to be your head booker”, I replied smugly. To say the least the meeting went down hill fast from there. About ten minutes later I was beings showed to the door by security. I happened to leave a copy of my contract on the table as I departed.

The Phone Call A few days later my phone rang, when I answered it I was quite surprised to find Richard Eisen on the other end. [COLOR="Red"]“Looks like your contract is air tight, you start on January first.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]‘Thanks, when can I come in and sit down with you and the booking team?” [/COLOR]I asked. “[COLOR="Red"]Well, that’s just it. I let the booking team go. I mean they are still with the company, but they are no longer on the booking team. All of our current storylines run out at the end of the year. So you are starting with a clean slate. Now I will warn you that you only have two weeks of Supreme TV to get ready for When Hell Freezes Over, our January Pay Per View.”[/COLOR] “[COLOR="Green"]That will be cutting it close, but I think I can handle it. Can I add people to my booking team?”[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]“Sure who do you want?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“How about Peter Michaels?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Ok, that is fine. I need to let you know that if the ratings or the buyrates do not hold up I will have legal means to fire you.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Understood”[/COLOR]

Archived