NYCW: Bringing back Old School!

I had just finished doing the announcing for some independent show in Wisconsin, when I got a call on my cell phone. On the other end was The Stomper . "Hey kid , I need some help out here. I just had to let this guy BriFidelity , who was booking for me, go because we weren't seeing eye to eye on the future vision for NYCW. He wants to go with younger, faster all around workers,in a more cutting edge style. I told him that MAW already runs that kind of thing over in Rip's promotion, but our fanbase prefers the Old school traditional. Can you come out here and run the book for me?" Naturally I jumped at the opportunity as it was a step up from the 40-50 seat high school gyms I had been working and NYCW had a good reputation in the tri state area. A couple of days later I showed up at the Stomper's office and we discussed what his plans were for the future of NYCW. "Kid, here's the deal. My roster is getting old , and our best young talent, Joey Minnesota, got fed up with the politics and bolted to DaVE. I need you to keep the current roster happy, but infuse some new blood that fits the old traditional style our fans expect. To that end , don't hire any wrestlers over 35. Also we only have $100 grand as a safety net, and our investors expect a return on our money. I can give you 2 years to see what you can do, but we need to be above that 100k by the end of that time. Finally, even though we aren't that sugar coated crap that Strong is feeding people in the SouthEast, we are still a family entertainment so don't bring in or re-hire any known heavy drug users. They are unreliable and can hurt our image here. Good luck and get working. Our next show is Rush Hour in 2 weeks"

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took a look over our roster and our Main event scene was indeed aging. Our Titleholder was Grandmaster Phunk, aka Danny Bling, and we had Whistler and Black Hat Bailey also in the scene. They were well known from their previous work in larger promotions like the SWF, but were clearly on the downside of their careers, and not that great in the ring. Most of the rest of the roster was in similiar shape. We had some talent that had good reps from the tri state wars that formed DaVE, but most of them were on the wrong side of 35, Including our tri state champ Steve Flash and our Tag champs Wiley Coyote. At least Flash could still put on a good match. Seeing some of the bloated contracts I had to work with, I knew I would have to trim some fat and bring in some cheap indy talent, hopefully finding some people who could learn from the veterans we had, while adapting to the older style wrestling. I sent out some feelers from my indy contacts and looked at who could help us on the current roster. Main Event: Black Hat Bailey: Heel- doing a brooklyn bully gimmick. average on promo, but helps keep locker room in line. Need to get him a mouthpiece. Grandmaster Phunk: Heel -doing a pimp gimmick average wrestler, but great promo and over from his SWf days. Current face of company. Whistler : Face- Patriot gimmick decent promo skills and very popular with the American hero bit, but basically an average brawler Upper Card Honest Frank: Old school heel ,good Promo skills, veteran of the East coast wars. Can use him to help the heels who are weak on promo. Rick Sanders: old school heel. Another veteran of the east coast wars. Not good on talking, but decent technical skills. American Machine : Face-Patriot gimmick , teams with Whistler. One of the actual younger wrestler on the roster, still needs work on ring skills and promo. Mid card Steve Flash: old school face- One of the best workers on the roster, but hasn't developed any promo skills. Will definitely need to pair with a good talker. Coyote Dyanmite and Wiley Steinway: Faces- Bikers tag champions avg brawlers with a little charisma but little promo skills. Steinway is slightly better worker Lee Wright: Bad Ass gimmick heel- Grizzled veteran best known for his Japan wrestling tours. Helps keep order in locker room, but close to hanging it up. Land Mass: Monster heel gimmick- aging worker getting by on size alone. weak promo and work skills Lower Mid Masked Mauler: old school heel- not much in way of ring skills or promo ability, but is great at selling other workers offense. New York Doll, Sammy the Shark young 20 yr olds getting experience while jobbing for everyone else. Have to see if they have any potential Rodger Dodger lousy worker, but does some of the best promos around. his talking skills is probably how he landed the huge PPA deal Manager\Staff Herb Stately: decent promo and commentator skills Marv Earnest and Rock Downpour: veteran announcers, but since I would be doing announcing myself, consider them excess baggage at this point and first to go Fern Hathaway: Basically eye candy for the audience , but she works cheap

From the NYCW website. "NYCW wishes to report the departures of Marv Earnest, Rock Downpour and Land Mass from NYCW. We wish them all the best in future endeavors.We are excited to bring you NYCW Rush Hour, on the 2nd Sat of January, at the Weston Gymnasium in New Jersey. " Matches feature Whistler vs Black Hat Bailey, Honest Frank vs American Machine, and the Tag titles on the line." Tickets on sale now

Welcome to [SIZE="4"]RUSH HOUR[/SIZE] live at the Weston Gymnasium, in front of a SOLD OUT crowd of 300 The Stomper comes out and informs both the wrestlers and the crowd that a new Commisioner has taken the reins of NYCW and introduces D.G. Mack. D.G. Mack and Herb Stately are doing the commentating on the action. [COLOR="Blue"]Our first match of the night features the Tag Team Champs 'Wiley Coyote' in action against the grizzled veteran Lee Wright and a newcomer to NYCW, former MAW bad boy Al Coleman[/COLOR]." Wiley Coyote defeatd Lee Wright and Al Coleman when Wiley Steinway submitted Al Coleman to retain the Tag titles D+ [COLOR="Blue"]"That was Wiley Steinways new submission finisher 'Maximum Torque'[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]" D.G, Coleman gets a rough welcome to NYCW, the home of real Wrestling"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]As Lee Wright walks to the back, out comes both Honest Frank and Black Hat Bailey . They stop next to Wright and Frank states [COLOR="DarkGreen"] " As I look around at wrestling today, I am disgusted by what I see. You have more soap opera than wrestling from the big boys, that freak show DaVE, the cartoon characters Sam Strong is pushing in USPW, and all these indy punks who think because they can do a backflip off the top rope, they know what real wrestling is! I'm here to announce that Black Hat, Wright and myself are going to bring back REAL wrestling to NYCW. We are going to bring back OLD School!" [/COLOR] [/COLOR] Frank Promo C- [COLOR="Blue"]"What do you think of Honest Frank's comments Herb?" [COLOR="Red"]" I think its about time someone stood up for the traditions that made wrestling the great sport it is today!"[/COLOR][/COLOR] Whistler makes his way to the announce table [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Commisioner, I have been the backbone of this promotion for years , and I think I deserve a shot at the Empire title." [COLOR="Blue"]I'll tell you what I will do. I will make the match between you and Bailey for later tonight a #1 contender's match. Winner will get a shot at Phunk in an upcoming show"[/COLOR][/COLOR] Match request C- [COLOR="Blue"]"Honest Frank is out now taking on one of the young guns trying to make a name for himself , American Machine" [/COLOR] Honest Frank defeated American Machine in 15:56 by submission after interference from Black Hat Bailey. D- [COLOR="Blue"]"Did you see that? Machine had it won when Bailey came out and distracted both him and the referee allowing Frank to clobber Machine from behind" [COLOR="Red"]"I don't know what you are watching D.G, but a man named 'Honest' Frank doesn't cheat and Bailey was just watching his partner in action. Its American Machine's fault if he lets his inexperience distract him from the match"[/COLOR][/COLOR] Frank is back on the mike [COLOR="DarkGreen"]" That is an example of OLD School!. And tonight, when Black Hat beats that fossil Whistler, we will begin our next step in bringing back NYCW to its grand tradition!" [/COLOR] Promo C- The big screen airs a video package of Whistler's career highlights for the audience Hype C- [COLOR="Blue"]"They are setting up the steel cage for our Main Event. Whistler vs Black Hat Bailey for the #1 contendership and a shot at the Empire title" [COLOR="Red"]"That refugee form a nursing home Whistler will have his hands full with a real wrestler like Black Hat Bailey"[/COLOR][/COLOR] Steel Cell match Whistler defeated Black Hat Bailey in 19:48 by pinfall with a Rebel Yell. During the match we also had Honest Frank run in and attack Whistler Match D- [COLOR="Blue"]"Despite Frank's best efforts to help his partner cheat his way to victory, the American Icon, Whistler pulls it out and will get his chance against Grandmaster Phunk. There he is celebrating with the fans" Celebration C- [COLOR="Red"]"Things aren't looking too good for Whistler. Here comes Wright ,Frank and Bailey and they have him surrounded. They are proceeding to teach him how OLD School works in NYCW" Beatdown D Overall Show D- Fans wanted more storylines

From the NYCW website "Feedback from Rush Hour is good. Fans enjoyed it and reviews think it won some converts. NYCW wishes to announce the departure of Rodger Dodger. We wish him success for his future endeavors. We are excited to bring to you NYCW Rumble in the Bronx, on Sat 14th of February, at the Weston Gymnasium. Matches feature Grandmaster Phunk defending the Empire title vs American Machine Steve Flash defending the Tri-state title vs Rick Sanders and the members of Old School in 6 man action. Tickets are on sale now

Glad some people like this. It is my first attempt at a diary. NYCW is a lot harder in this version because you can't just gut the roster and hire all the young hot talent ,like in 05, as either they aren't available , or don't really fit the old school traditional wrestling scene. Also Stomper seems to be a very opinionated owner as to what he wants or will allow. Of course that just may be this particular game. :) I really miss Joey Minnesota :( . I built two different NYCW promotions to cult around him in 05.

Welcome to [SIZE="4"]RUMBLE IN THE BRONX[/SIZE] her at the Weston Gymnasium in the heart of New Jersey. We have a near sellout of 285 people here tonight. [COLOR="Blue"]" Our first match of the evening will feature a couple of newcomers to NYCW. Cameron Vessey , son of the legendary Larry Vessey, and Kashmir Singh, a solid indy worker with good ring skills.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]It will be nice to see if Vessey can live up to his family's reputation, D.G.[/COLOR] Cameron Vessey defeated Kashmir Singh in 7:32 by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]"Those two worked pretty good together Herb. I can definitely see a good future for both of them in NYCW"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"We will see. I will wait till they step to some stiffer competition"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"And here is our resident diva, Fern Hathaway, with some free t-shirts for the crowd."[/COLOR] Diva T-shirt spot [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]"Here comes all three members of OLD School, and it looks like they will be taking on Wiley Coyote and newcomer Harry Wilson. He is the brother of that Dark Angel guy who wrestles up north , right Herb?" [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"That's right D.G. Lets hope for his sake he has half the talent of his brother, because he will need it when he gets OLD Schooled."[/COLOR] Black Hat Bailey, Honest Frank and Lee Wright defeated Coyote Dynamite, Wiley Steinway and Harry Wilson in 9:35 when Black Hat Bailey defeated Wiley Steinway by submission with a Bailey Breaker [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]"That modified Boston Crab from Bailey was too much for Wiley tonight.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"These guys are demonstrating how REAL wrestling ability dominates.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Here comes Whistler. I can't wait for his eventual match against Phunk"[/COLOR] Match Announcement [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="Green"]"Phunk, you can run, but I guarantee you I will get you in the ring soon, and I WILL be Empire champion!"[/COLOR] Whistler Promo [SIZE="4"] C[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]" Wait a minute, Herb. I have some news there is a commotion out back. It seems that Bailey and Frank have laid out Kashmir Singh!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"The new guy probably disrespected our great wrestling tradition here, and OLD School was just teaching him manners"[/COLOR] Backstage Attack [SIZE="4"] E[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]"We have a battle of two veterans of the East Coast wars next, when our Tri State champ Steve Flash defends his belt against Rick Sanders"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"This should be good D.G. Sanders will be a tough challenge for Flash. I predict we could see a title change hands tonite."[/COLOR] Steve Flash defeated Rick Sanders in 15:42 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. Steve Flash defends his NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]"Rough match for Flash there, as both men had difficulty with each other. Flash was able to pull it out in the end though." Now that is a real show of class, as Sanders goes over to Flash and offers his hand. They shake hands honoring a hard fought even match."[/COLOR] Post Match respect [SIZE="4"] E[/SIZE] Phunk comes out to the table [COLOR="Green"]" Whistler, you ancient relic, you don't have a prayer of ever beating me. I ran that snot nosed punk Minnesota out of here, and I am going to take your partner Machine out tonight to demonstrate what will happen to you when I face you.You better reserve your bed in the retirement home now while you can still walk and talk." [/COLOR] Phunk promo [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE] A short music video airs showing Whistler in action Hype video [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] Grandmaster Phunk defeated American Machine in 27:58 by submission. Grandmaster Phunk defends his NYCW Empire title. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]"Machine was game, but Phunk was just too much for him. Wait, Phunk started leaving, but now he is heading back to the down Machine. He is delivering a Pimp Drop to Machine. Now he is picking him up for another one. Somebody needs to stop this!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"This is what Machine gets for being Whistler's lackey. He is paying the price for Whistler's temerity in challenging the champ.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Here comes Whistler running down to the ring. Phunk is backing off and the two men glare at each other."[/COLOR] Post Match beatdown [SIZE="4"] C[/SIZE] Save from Attack [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Final Show [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE]

From the NYCW website "Buzz from Rumble in the Bronx were very favorable as reviews called it,' An awesome show, better than some of the bigger promotions recent efforts,' . NYCW next show will be Central Park Massacre on Thur 12th of Mar at the Weston Gymnasium. Matches will include OLD School meeting American Made Men, Grandmaster Phunk in action, and the first victim of OLD School, Kashmir Singh , looking to get revenge vs Lee Wright. Tickets on sale now" Excerpt from Lee Wright Radio interview "I get excited working the opening matches as I feel I can get the crowds energy going" Tune into KRPY for the full interview."

Welcome to NYCW CENTRAL PARK MASSACRE here at the Weston Gymnasium. We have a near sellout of 285 ppl tonight. [COLOR="Blue"]"In our opening match of the night, we have one-half of the tag champions Coyote Dynamite, taking on veteran brawler The Masked Mauler"[/COLOR] Coyote Dynamite defeated The Masked Mauler in 7:50 by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]E[/SIZE] "[COLOR="blue"]Not the most technical of bouts, but Coyote finally pulls out the win. Wait, we have a commotion in the back. It looks as though Grandmaster Phunk has laid out Whistler with a chair"[/COLOR] "[COLOR="Red"]That is what happens when you mess in the champ's business, D.G. Phunk is putting that relic Whistler in his place."[/COLOR] Backstage Attack [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] "[COLOR="blue"]Now we have Kashmir Singh trying to get even against Lee Wright for that beatdown he received on the last show"[/COLOR] "[COLOR="red"]Singh is biting off more than he can chew here. He is about to get OLD Schooled."[/COLOR] Lee Wright defeated Kashmir Singh in 9:57 by pinfall with a Wright Stuff. [SIZE="4"] D[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]"Singh was just no match for Wright's veteran experience. Chalk up another win for the OLD School group.Phunk is making his way down the aisle for his match. Uh-Oh here comes Whistler looking for some payback. Now the Locker room is emptying trying to keep these two apart. Its almost total chaos!"[/COLOR]" [COLOR="red"]Whistler is going to learn the hard way that his time has passed.Phunk will retire that fossil when they finally meet."[/COLOR] Face Off [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] "[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Phunk, you can try to cheap shot me all you want, but it still won't save your ass! I am going to take that belt of yours and thats a promise from a Real American Hero!"[/COLOR] Whistler Promo [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]"Phunk is in the ring now, facing the other tag champ Wiley Steinway"[/COLOR] Grandmaster Phunk defeated Wiley Steinway in 15:33 by submission. [SIZE="4"] D[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]"Steinway gave a valiant effort, but tapped out to Phunk's new submission hold, a crossface he calls Bringn Da Phunk."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]"That is just a sample of what Whistler is going to get when he faces Phunk.The champ has the mike now."[/COLOR] "[COLOR="darkgreen"]Whistler, you american zero! I am going to beat your ass into retirement and make you hang it up like that picture of your mother! It's the Grandmasters time now and no one will take MY belt away from me!"[/COLOR] Phunk Promo [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]"Here comes Fern with more free T-shirts for the Audience"[/COLOR] Diva T-shirt bit [SIZE="4"] D+[/SIZE] "[COLOR="blue"]And now we have the main event of the evening. The tag team of American Made Men, Whistler and American Machine, are facing the other two members of OLD School Black Hat Bailey and Honest Frank."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]"Bailey and Frank will teach American Made men what tradition,what OLD school really means."[/COLOR] American Made Men defeated OLD School (Bailey & Frank) in 24:40 when Whistler defeated Honest Frank by pinfall with a Rebel Yell. [SIZE="4"] D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]"Honest Frank was going for the tag and Bailey clobbered him! Now we have Wright and the champ Phunk coming down to the ring! What could this mean Herb? Where are you going?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]"Get that loser Frank! Teach him the penalty for not upholding the proud tradition of OLD School!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]"Herb is out directing Bailey,Wright and Phunk in a systematic beating of Honest Frank! Wright has deliverd his Wright Stuff suplex, Phunk nailed with his Pimp Drop piledriver, And now Bailey has the Bailey Breaker locked in! It looks like Herb has caused a power shift in OLD School with the aid of the champ!"[/COLOR] Post match beatdown [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] Final Show [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE]

From the NYCW website "Central Park Massacre got positive reviews, fans polled thought it was a good show. What direction will OLD School go in now that Herb Stately has ousted Honest Frank from leadership of the group? And what will happen when Phunk and Whistler finally meet for the championship?. In other news , Honest Frank has decided to explore other opportunities in the wrestling world and we wish him all the best as he leaves NYCW.We also would like to announce the departure of the Masked Mauler and wish him good luck. We at NYCW are pleased to announce some exciting new additions to our roster that will debut on upcoming shows. Our next event will be NYCW Brooklyn Brawl on Sat Aprl 14th in the Weston Gymnasium. Whistler will take on Lee Wright from OLD School in preparation for his upcoming title match, Steve Flash will take on Rick Sanders in a rematch from Rumble in the Bronx for the tri State title, and some new developments with the OLD school faction. Tickets are on sale now."

Welcome to [SIZE="4"]Brooklyn Brawl [/SIZE]here at the Weston Gymnasium. We have a near sellout of 285 ppl tonight. [COLOR="Blue"]D.G " This is D.G Mack.My commentating partner Herb Stately is not out here yet. The fans and I are anticipating his explanation of his actions last month at Central Park Massacre, and what his involvement is with OLD School. In the meantime we have a couple of newcomers to NYCW hooking up in the ring in "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith who some might remember as a football star at Wisconsin a few years ago, and Bob Casey, a veteran of many promotions"[/COLOR] Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Bob Casey in 7:31 by pinfall with a Bull Dozer Spear [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. "That was a vicious tackle from Bulldozer to end his match.Even though it wasn't a technically sophisticated match, Bulldozer Smith has shown he has a future here at NYCW. Just a moment, here comes Herb Stately with the members of OLD School , and surprisingly , former Empire champion Paul Steadyfast is with them."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Herb "Everyone is asking me about what happened to Honest Frank, and why I am out here with these men. The answer is simple. I am here because I respect Tradition. I applaud these men's visions of bringing back real wrestling to NYCW. That piece of crap Honest Frank didn't really understand the proper respect for tradition in NYCW. In short , he wasn't OLD School, so the men and I sent him packing. Now , I am happy to announce the presence of a man who respects the tradition here, who is OLD School, 'Mr Tradition' Paul Steadyfast.Together we will bring back the golden age of wrestling to NYCW."[/COLOR] Alliance formation [SIZE="4"] C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G "That was certainly a shocking announcement, Herb. Bringing back former champion Paul Steadyfast to NYCW"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Herb "That is 'Mr .Tradition' Paul Steadyfast. Together with him , Bailey , Wright and myself, we will usher in the age of OLD School, and it begins tonight."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G "I see that Bailey and "Mr Tradition' are taking on two of the younger talents on the roster Harry Wilson and Cameron Vessey[/COLOR]" [COLOR="Red"]Herb "They are just the first that will be taught to respect tradition here, the OLD School way"[/COLOR] OLD School (Bailey & Steadyfas defeated Harry Wilson and Cameron Vessey in 9:41 when Paul Steadyfast defeated Harry Wilson by submission with a Slow and Steady. [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. "Steadyfast used his STF submission he calls the Slow and Steady to submit Harry Wilson in a dominating performance by OLD School. Here comes Tri State champion Steve Flash out for his rematch with Rick Sanders. Herb is joining him in the ring."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Herb "Steve you have been an icon here in NYCW. I know you are a man who respects tradition, who understands what real wrestling is all about. I am going to give you this opportunity to join OLD School and bring back tradition and real wrestling to NYCW."[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Steve Flash " Stately, you and your goon squad make me sick. You scum don't know anything about the tradition here. I have upheld the honor of wrestling both here and in Canada, and it is the great fans who represent the true wrestling tradition and values. Get out of my sight before you get Flash Banged!"[/COLOR] Alliance choice [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] Alliance decision [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] Rick Sanders defeated Steve Flash in 30:00 by two falls to one. Rick Sanders wins the NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. "Flash had Sanders all set up for the Flash Bang, when the members of OLD School surrounded the ring. That was enough for Sanders to lock in the Figure 4 leglock for the final fall and we have a new Tri-State Champion!. Now OLD School is surrounding FLash in the ring and they are beating him mercilessly."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Herb "Flash had his chance to join with us and represent tradition, but he chose wrong, and now he is getting OLD Schooled!"[/COLOR] Post match beatdown [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. "It has just been confirmed that Whistler will get his shot at Grandmaster Phunk and the Empire title at our next event NYCW Return to Tradition next month. Some clips of Whistler training for the match are showing on the monitor."[/COLOR] Training Montage C- [COLOR="blue"]D.G "Here comes Whistler for his match against OLD School member Lee Wright.This may be a mistake to take on someone like him before his big title shot."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Herb "That fossil Whistler is going to get his geriatric ass handed to him by Lee."[/COLOR] Whistler defeated Lee Wright in 15:47 when Lee Wright was pinned and could not beat a ten count. [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G "That was a tough match for Whistler, but he pulled it out and now he readies himself for his confrontation with the Champion.Wait! Here comes Phunk from the audience and he just laid out Whistler with a Pimp Drop.He has just locked in his Bringn the PHunk crossface and he isn't letting go. Will Whistler even make it to Return to Tradition?![/COLOR]Post Match Attack [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] Overall Show [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE]

From the NYCW website "Brooklyn Brawl was another positive show, according to the fans.The conflict between Whistler and Phunk is heating up as they will finally meet in the ring at NYCW Return to Tradition on Sat May 14th in the Weston Gymnasium. Other matches on the card will include Wiley Coyote defending the tag titles and OLD School in 6 man action. Tickets are on sale now." Industry buzz is high on "Mr Tradition" Paul Steadyfast's future with NYCW. They feel he is a good fit with the company and has potential to rise high. And finally we here at NYCW are saddened to announce that Steve Flash will no longer be at NYCW events due to a contract dispute.We wish Steve success in his future endeavors."

In Stompers office the Monday following Brooklyn Brawl [COLOR="Red"]Stomper "Kid, I like what I am seeing so far. We are maintaining the audience and soon we should be able to start filling a bigger venue. But we are losing about $5 grand a show and I need to start cutting the budget. Some of these larger contracts are coming to an end and I am not getting stuck in this kind of bind again. See if some of the guys will sign for a lower amount and there is a limit on how much I will pay new talent. We need to start getting positive cash flow soon to keep the investors off my back."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. Mack "I am doing what I can what with the shorter shows and trying to juggle our talent. I have signed some relatively cheap guys with good ring skills, but the main problem is we need to start growing a larger fanbase. The biggest headache is that our main draws , while good on promos and keeping the crowds happy, can't wrestle their way out of a paper bag. And the guys we have brought in that can wrestle, are relative unknowns to our fans and aren't ready to be main eventing anytime soon. Right now I will keep building the OLD School stable and lets hope for a good payoff to this Whistler-Phunk feud we have been building.Speaking of OLD School, I notice you and Bailey have been hanging out a lot lately. I know he used to book the shows for you in the past."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper " Don't worry D.G. Bailey and I are just two old warhorses sharing wrestling stories. I said I would give you 2 years to turn things around, and I have already told Black Hat that you have complete authority on all storyline and matches that happen. Just don't make me regret it down the road."[/COLOR]

In Stompers office on following Friday [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. "Stomper, Steve Flash wouldn't take a paycut to re-sign. I hate to let our best worker go but I couldn't justify his having the highest salary and not pulling a Main event slot. Especially since he wanted almost almost $500 more than your signing limit.On the bright side, I think Steadyfast will work out nicely with the OLD School stable. He is looking motivated to get back to into the main event picture. Herb is doing ok filling in as the stables voice since Honest Frank took that development deal from SWF. It was nice of him to give us enough notice to move up the Central Park show a couple of days to make a smooth transition. Also Vessey let his old man talk him into doing a tour in Japan, so he won't be available for 3 months. Fortunately, he isn't involved in any storylines so it won't be a problem."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper "I don't like our contract guys not being available for shows. I will let it go this time because we aren't using everyone each show anyway, and he is still new, but if it continues down the road, we will need to cut him loose.That guy Bulldog may work out. He is rough in the ring but looks decent on the mike. Lets have him work with the new guys you signed and see how he handles a minor push"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. "Fits with my plans. We need some new blood in the upper card and Main Event. Whistler and PHunk are good on the mike, but I haven't been impressed by the ringwork. I hope they can pull off something decent for the title match.I will check back with you after the show unless anything else comes up." [/COLOR]

Welcome to [SIZE="3"] RETURN TO TRADITION [/SIZE]here at the Weston Gymnasium. We have a near sellout of 285 ppl tonight. [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. Mack: "Welcome to NYCW Return to Tradition. Tonight wil finally see the culmination of the Whistler-Phunk feud when Whistler gets his title shot in the cage later this evening.Starting off we have 'Bad Boy' Al Coleman taking on a newcomer to NYCW, Davey Newton."[/COLOR] Al Coleman defeated Davis Wayne Newton in 5:49 by submission. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Newton was game for his first pro match, but Coleman's greater experience proved too much for the youngster to handle.The big screen has some clips of the Whistler-phunk feud to bring any of the audience up to date who may not have followed this story. And my broadcast partner Herb Stately has finally joined me."[/COLOR] Whistler-Phunk hype [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE] [COLOR="red"]Herb: "I had important OLD School business to take care of.it takes a lot of work to bring back the proper tradition and respect back to NYCW"[/COLOR] D[COLOR="blue"].G: " The tag champions Wiley Coyote are defending their titles next the team of Sammy the shark and the New York Doll. I think this is the first time these two have teamed up.It will be a big hurdle to try to dethrone the champs. Wiley Coyote have dominated tag wrestling here for the last year and a half.[/COLOR] Wiley Coyote defeated The New York Doll and Sammy The Shark in 9:59 when Wiley Steinway defeated Sammy The Shark by submission with a Maximum Torque. Wiley Coyote defend their NYCW Tag Team titles [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G "A fairly dominating victory for the champions Wiley Coyote, who have now been joined by their new manager 'The Spanish Harlem Senorita' Jennifer Heat. Herb Stately is now approaching them at ringside."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Herb Stately: "It is time for OLD School to complete the next step of our plan to bring back the tradition of real wrestling to NYCW. We challenge you to a match for the titles at Manhatten Mayhem next month."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Jennifer Heat: "We accept! My boys Wiley Coyote will send you OLD School back to pre-school and then we will stuff your 'tradition' in the garbage where you belong!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G. : "Here comes Paul Steadyfast and Lee Wright and clobber Wiley Coyote from behind with chairs. They are stomping on them now while Herb menaces Jennifer Heat."[/COLOR] Challenge and Attack [SIZE="4"]E[/SIZE] Fern Hathaway comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. [SIZE="4"] D[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G : "All 3 members of OLD School are in the ring for a 6 man tag action. They will be facing the team of Bob Casey, Harry Wilson, and Cameron Vessey."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Herb: "These punks will get OLD Schooled just like the those degenerate bikers Wiley Coyote will next month. They will learn to respect 'Tradition' the hard way."[/COLOR] Black Hat Bailey and OLD School(Steady & Wright) defeated Bob Casey, Harry Wilson and Cameron Vessey in 14:41 when Paul Steadyfast defeated Cameron Vessey by submission with a Slow and Steady. [SIZE="4"] D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G. : " OLD School finished this one off when "Mr Tradition" Paul Steadyfast locks the young man Vessey in the 'Slow and Steady'. Once that is locked in , there is no escape."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Herb: " That is how OLD School will restore the Tag titles to honor and tradition. 'Mr Tradition' himself will usher back the golden age of real wrestling."[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G. : Here comes the Champion Grandmaster Phunk."[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Phunk: "Whistler. That will be a good name for you after I knock out your dentures and all you can do is whistle afterwards. Grab your walker and get your geriatric ass down here, it's time to begin your retirement!."[/COLOR]Phunk promo [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE] Whistler comes out [COLOR="green"]Whistler: "I am going to make the people proud of their champion once again. When I beat you tonight Phunk, the fans will have an American hero to look up to. I have watched you disgrace the title long enough, tonight America stands proudly again!"[/COLOR] Whistler promo [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] Whistler defeated Grandmaster Phunk in 20:29 by pinfall with a Rebel Yell. Whistler wins the NYCW Empire title. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. :Whistler manages to pull out the victory in a sloppy, ugly match. Some how he managed to manuever out of the Pimp Drop and deliver the Rebel Yell to Phunk to win his 3rd Empire Championship. Whistler is now waving to the fans and holding the belt high above his head.[/COLOR] Post match celebration [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] Final Show grade [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] overall successful show.

Stomper's Office the Monday following Return to Tradition [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Well , that was a cluster**** of a title match. Phunk and Whistler couldn't get on the same page in that match and it really dragged it down. I am dissapointed with the payoff of that match. I probably should have put them in the ring together earlier, but I was trying to build anticipation for the match. The only good thing is, since we are so top heavy in heels in the upper part of our roster, we at least have a variety for Whistler to feud with till I can see if any of the newer people will pan out. An Wiley Coyote stunk out there. Lets hope Wright and Steadyfast can get a decent match out of them at Manhatten Mayhem. I am still on the lookout for some talent that can fit our criteria to add to the roster."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: "I have faith in you. Just try to keep the costs down so I have something positive to tell the investors. Lets try out some of the new blood and see if they have any potential. A lot of the older guys contracts are up in a few months,and if Flash is any indication, we may have to let some of them go, even if it hurts us in the short run."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: " I will work on the costs. And I have some plans for some of these guys. Bulldozer Smith look like he has potential. Too bad he is better as a heel since we have too many guys like that now. My only concern with him is he is also working dates with CZCW and USPW, which is great for us in that he gets name exposure and experience that doesn't cost us anything, but it may also get him noticed by one of the bigger companies. I will see you at the next show."[/COLOR]

From the NYCW website " Return to Tradition was another successful show, highlighted by Whistler dethroning Grandmaster Phunk for his 3rd reign as Empire Champion. We also saw OLD School issue a challenge for the Tag titles. Our next event will be NYCW Manhatten Madness to be held on Sat Jun 14th at the Weston Gymnasium". Matches will include: Tri State champion Rick Sanders in action Newcomer "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith will face American Machine and our main event OLD School members Wright and "Mr. Tradition" Paul Steadyfast will take on Wiley Coyote for the Tag Team Titles.

Welcome to [SIZE="4"]NYCW Manhatten Mayhem [/SIZE]before an almost sellout audience of 285 ppl at the Weston Gymnasium [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Return to Tradition saw a new Empire Champion crowned as Whistler def Grandmaster Phunk for his 3rd Empire championship. We all congratulate Whistler on his hard fought victory.Since Herb Stately had other commitmentstonite, joining me on commentary will be the lovely manager of Wiley Coyote, 'The Spanish Harlem Senorita' Jennifer Heat."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jennifer:" It's great to be here D.G.. Just like it will be great to watch my boys Wiley Coyote put htose OLD School punks in their place tonight when we beat them and defned our tag team titles!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: "Our first match has a couple of recent additions to the NYCW roster, 'Bad Boy' Al Coleman taking on Kashmir Singh."[/COLOR] Al Coleman defeated Kashmir Singh in 5:38 by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "That is Coleman's 2nd consecutive win. He is beginning to make a name for himself here at NYCW, the home of real wrestling.And next we have Tri-state champion Rick Sanders taking on rookie Davey Newton in a non-title match."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jennifer: "This will be a rough outing for the rookie , as Sanders is an experienced veteran.I just hope Sanders isn't underestimating his opponent."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Rick Sanders: "I can't believe they gave me this no-talent rookie as my opponent tonight. I came to NYCW for real challenges, not this piece of crap. I probably won't even break a sweat with this punk. Hey , if they want to pay me to take a vacation in the ring, who am I to complain?"[/COLOR] Sanders Promo [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] Davis Wayne Newton defeated Rick Sanders in 9:46 by submission. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Did you see that? Sanders was showboating to the audience and turned his back on the rookie, allowing Davey Newton to come fomr behind and lock in a Fujiwara armbar submission in the middle of the ring! Sanders had no choice but to submit or get a broken arm!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jennifer: "I said Sanders shouldn't overlook his opponent. That one moment of carelessness will always cost you."[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Newton is celebrating his big upset win with the fans. Sanders just clotheslined him form behind! Now he has locked in his figure 4 leglock! We need to get some help for Davey before Sanders breaks his leg!."[/COLOR] Post Match attack [SIZE="4"]E[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: "Here comes American Machine to the ring to face Bulldozer Brandon Smith. And here comes Bulldozer who just levels machine with a football tackle from behind! He then slams Machine into the corner ringpost and throws him in the ring!"[/COLOR] pre match attack [SIZE="4"]E[/SIZE] Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated American Machine in 15:54 by pinfall with a Bull Dozer Spear. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: American Machine tried to rally back , but Bulldozer caught him with that football tackle spear of his and gets the 1,2,3"[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jennifer: Smith is on a tear through NYCW and the rest of the stars here better stay out of his way.Bulldozer has the mike now."[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Bulldozer:"I am the toughest S.O.B. to ever come out of the state of Wisconsin. I will bulldoze my way through anyone in my path. I challenge anyone in the locker room to face me next month at NYCW Gang Wars."[/COLOR] open challenge [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Looks like some one is coming out to answer the challenge. Wow, this is a surprise, it is British Heavyweight Champion Joss Thompson!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Josh: " I went overseas and proved my dominance by winning the heavyweight title in every major British federation, and Now I come home to see some ex-college football wanna be claiming to be the best. I accept your challenge at Gang Wars and you will be the first rung on the ladder to my success back in the states."[/COLOR] accepted challenge [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="red"]Jennifer: " Now it is time for my boys Wiley Coyote to teach the hard lessons of the road to those punks from OLD School. There is a reason why Wiley Coyote has ruled the tag team scene here in NYCW, and OLD School is about ot get a painful reminder!"[/COLOR] Manager Promo [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] OLD School(Steady & Wright) defeated Wiley Coyote in 27:58 when Paul Steadyfast defeated Coyote Dynamite by submission with a Slow and Steady. OLD School(Steady & Wright) win the NYCW Tag Team titles. [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: "That was a long and grueling match up that saw 'Mr Tradition' Paul steadyfast manage to slip out of Coyote Dynamite's Dynamite Explosion powerbomb to lock in the Slow and Steady STF. Steinway was brawling with Wright outside the ring after he had caused steinway to accidently knock out Jennifer when Wright ducked a clothesline outside the ring. OLD School has managed to become the new NYCW Tag team champions!"[/COLOR] Overall Show [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE]

Look around the American Wrestling scene as of July 1st 2007 SWF: International , Prestige A Booker: Sam Keith World Heavyweight Champion: Skull Debones Beat Steve Frehley in May 2007,after Frehley beat Runaway Train in April 2007 North American Champion: Joe Sexy Won in May from Elmo Benson who won it from Rich Money in Mar 2007 World Tag Titles: Sexual Agression (Joe Sexy & Angry Gilmore) Won in May 2007 from Biggz Brothers Shooting Star Champion: Brett Biggz beat Andre Jones, who beat Akima Brave, all in june 2007,Brave beat BArt Biggz in April, who beat Nevada Nuclear in March, WHo beat Zimmy Bumfhole also in mar Major additions: Called up Nevada Nuclear and Valiant from RIPW, Signed Darryl Devine Major Losses: none TCW: International, Prestige B+ went International in Feb 2007 Booker: Joel Bryant World Heavyweight Champion: Ricky Dale Johnson 2nd reign Beat Tommy Cornell in April 2007 International Champion: Texas Pete beat Billy Jack Shearer, who beat Wrestling Machine #1 all in june 2007.He neat American Buffalo in may , who defeated Rocky Golden in Mar. World Tag Titles:Team Dynasty (American Buffalo & Jack Griffith) beat Painful Procedure in June 2007, who beat the Machines in 1st week of June. All Action Title : Black Eagle Beat Freddy Huggins in 2nd week of june, who had beaten Steve Gumble a week earlier. Gumble defeated Fumihiro Ota in April, who beat Chance Fortune in Mar Major Additions: Jack Griffith, Shane Sneer,American Elemental,Blonde Bombshell, Corporal Doom,Dylan Sidle,Fumihro Ota, Freddy Datsun, Madman Boone, Ryan Holland, Black Eagle Major Losses: Stink USPW: Cult , Prestige C Booker: Danny Jillefski World Champion: Puerto Rican Power Defeated Bruce the Giant in last week of June World Tag Team:The Lords of War (Warlords Agony & Pain) Beat Towers of Power (Mick Muscles & Danny Rushmore) in Jan 2007 National Title:Warlord Agony Beat Giant Redwood in 2nd week of June, who beat Jim Force in beginning of Feb 2007 Major Additions: Puerto Rican Power,Hell's Bouncer,Henry Lee, Mainstream Hernandez,Rodger Dodger, Des Davids, Bulldozer Brandon Smith Major Losses: Shane Sneer, Corporal Doom,Freddie datsun, Hell's Bouncer, Darryl Devine, Patrick Cool DaVE: Cult, Prestge C Booker: Farrah Hesketh, replaced Nemesis in June when Nemesis didn't re-sign Unified Champion: Eddie Peak 12 successful defenses since Oct 2006 Brass Knuckles Champion: Travis Century beat Jack Giedroyc in Aprl 2007, who had held it since oct 2006 Tag Team Champions: The New Jersey Devils (Alex Braun & Tank Bradley) Champions since Oct 2006 Major Additions: Darryl Devine, Ernie Turner,Sgt Bubba Lee West,Rodger Dodger Major Losses: Carl Batch, Ryan Holland, Hell's Bouncer, Darryl Devine, Nemesis CZCW: Regional Prestige D- Booker: Shawn Gonzalez went regional in Apr 2007 Coastal Zone Champion : Donnie J since Nov 2006 Coastal Zone Xtreme :Insane Machine since 2006 Tag Team Champions: Desperate Measures( James Prudence & Mainstream Hernandez) won vacant titles, previously held by Last Stand(Matt Sparrow & Ultimate Phoenix) who beat Air Force 1 (Flying Jimmy Fox & Snap Dragon) in mar 2007 Major additions: Helen Wheels, Bulldozer Brandon Smith,Puerto Rican Power, Mainstream Hernandez,Jim Force, Brendan Idol,Mick Muscles, Art Reed Major Losses: Frankie Perez, Matt Sparrow, Plague,Jeremiah Moose AAA: Regional, Prestige F+ Booker:Catherine Quine Femme Fatale Champion: Wanda Fish since June 2006 Top Contenders: Raven Nightfall all of 2007 Tag team Champions: Good Lookin Bunny (Katherine Goodlooks & Jessica Bunny) all of 2007 Major Additions:none Major Losses: Golden Delicious RIPW Small, Prestige D- Booker : Wanda Fish rose to Small in Feb 2007 RIPW Champion: Mikey James Defeated Valiant in 2nd week of January RIPW Tag Champs: The Heartbreakers (Justin Sensitive & Raphael) all of 2007 Major Additions: Rodger Dodger, Sara Silver,Mario Heroic (development), Herb Stately,Honest Frank(development) Major Losses: Lion Heart, Valiant(called up), Nevada Nuclear(called up) MAW: Small, Prestige E+ Booker : Mean Jean Cattely rose to small in Jan Mid Atlantic Champion: Steven Parker since july 2006 MAd Atlantic Tag :Natural Storm(DC Rayne & Eddie Howard) since oct 2006 Rip Chord Invitiational Winner: Des Davids Major Additions: Sue Danes, Sienna De Ville Major Losses: none BSC: Small Prestige F Booker: Marilyn Stardust Queen of the Ring: Dharma Gregg all of 2007 Girl Power Tag Titles: Charlize Angelle and Vampella beat Hollywood Magic (Brittney Hollywood & Sprite) in april 2007 Major Additions: Duke Hazzard Major Losses: none

From the NYCW website "Manhatten Mayhem saw OLD School take another step in their quest for dominance in NYCW by beating Wiley Coyote for the Tag titles. Bulldozer Brandon Smith had an impressive performance and continues to shine, and we had a major upset as Tri-State champion Rick Sanders was upset by newcomer Davis Newton in a non-title match. Our next event is one of our biggest of the year NYCW Gang Wars on Sat Jul 14th.at the Weston Gymnasium Matches Scheduled include Bulldozer Brandon Smith taking on newcomer Joss Thompson ,who answered Smith's open challenge and Whistler defends the Empire title against OLD School's Black Hat Bailey. Tickets are on sale now."

Stompers's Office following Manhatten Mayhem [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: " Herb chose to work a conflicting date with RIPW instead of us. I think he is looking toward getting to SWF or another larger promotion in future. Jennifer Heat worked decent on commentary and I think she is just as good if not better than Herb on the mike, not to mention, better eye candy for the audience.I think I will have her take over for Herb, especially since he is doing all that work with OLD School."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: "Whatever you think best. That's why I am paying you. How are things working out with Bulldozer and some of the new guys?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G: "Good, he is already decent with Promos, and as long as I put him with decent workers, his matches are watchable. Coleman is keeping his attitude in check and looking good in the matches. We just have an abundance of heels in the upper card currently. Wright and Steadyfast looked good together. You can see why they were both multi time tag champions with other people. Only issue is Paul is ready for a main event push, so a long term tag title run may not work out. I am working on seeing if we have any combinations that would work in a feud against them because Coyote and Wiley frankly suck in the ring. Lee and Paul could barely pull a decent match out of them. I am only keeping them because we don't have enough established mid card faces yet. I will email you the line up for Gang Wars and see you at the show."[/COLOR]

Welcome to [SIZE="4"]NYCW Gang Wars [/SIZE]before an audience of 180 ppl at the Weston Gymnasium [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: "Manhatten Mayhem ushered in an new era when OLD School beat Wylie Coyote for the Tag Team titles. Will they add more gold tonight when Black Hat Bailey faces Whistler for the Empire Championship? Jennifer , i know you and your team are disappointed after lasts month's defeat by OLD School."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jennifer: " Those bastards just got lucky. Our contracts here have a rematch clause and we will get another shot at them down the road. Then those scumbags will get run over by Wiley Coyote."[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Our first match of the night features the odd pairing of 'Bad Boy' Al Coleman and the New York Doll in tag action against Harry Wilson and Kashmir Singh. Coleman has been on a winning streak recently, while Wilson and Singh have had a run of bad luck. Lets see if they can change their fortunes tonight."[/COLOR] Al Coleman and The New York Doll defeated Harry Wilson and Kashmir Singh in 10:28 when Al Coleman defeated Harry Wilson by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Coleman notches the victory for his team,and his winning streak continues. It may not be long before he is a major player here in NYCW."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jennifer: "The kid definitely has talent. Makes me wonder why Rip Chord let him go from the MAW promotion."[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "There is a commotion going on in the back. It seems that Bulldozer Brandon Smith just attacked Joss Thompson backstage. Looks like he is trying to get an edge for their match tonight."[/COLOR] backstage attack [SIZE="4"]E-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Now, Davey Newton, fresh off his incredible upset win over the Tri State champion, looks to continue his success against the veteran Bob Casey."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jennifer: "If he continues to show this kind of talent, I may have to give him the guidance that only 'The Spanish Harlem Senorita' can give."[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Easy Jennifer, you probably have enough on your plate getting Wiley Coyote ready to deal with OLD School."[/COLOR] Davis Wayne Newton defeated Bob Casey in 9:50 by submission. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: " Another impressive victory for Davey Newton. He is celebrating with the fans. Look out, tri State Champion Rick Sanders sneaks in behind Newton and clobbers him with the belt.Now he is stomping away at the youngster as security tries to get him away."[/COLOR] Post match attack [SIZE="4"]E[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Bulldozer Brandon Smith faces his toughest test yet in British champion Joss Thompson, the man who answered the Bulldozer's open challenge last month."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jennifer: "Thompson is no walk in the park, D.G..He was champion in every major promotion in England. Now we wil see if can duplicate that same success here at NYCW."[/COLOR] Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Joss Thompson in 15:36 by pinfall with a Bull Dozer Spear. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: " That was a hard fought victory for the Bulldozer in a very even match. Thompson was trying to put it away with a flying cross body when Smith pulled the referee in the way, and while Thompson was untangling himself from the ref, Smith nailed him with the Bull Dozer Spear."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jennifer: "Brandon Smith has put together quite a win streak here in NYCW. With his potential, who knows what he can achieve here? I have to go get my man Wiley Steinway ready for his match with 'Mr Tradition' Paul Steadyfast.He is about to learn some harsh rules of the road."[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Good luck for tonight Jennifer. Here comes Steadyfast now, accompanied by my ex broadcast partner, Herb Stately."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Steadyfast:" I see you didn't learn the proper respect for tradition when we took those titles , Steinway. I will be happy to continue your education in respect tonight when you get OLD Schooled!"[/COLOR] Paul Steadyfast defeated Wiley Steinway in 16:06 by submission with a Slow and Steady. [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: " Steinway fought hard and almost had Steadyfast in his Maximum Torque crossface, but 'Mr Tradition' was able to reverse it into the Slow and Steady STF and that was all she wrote.Now here is Herb with the mike."[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Herb Stately: " Whistler, somehow you managed to get lucky and get by Phunk. But don't get too comfortable with the belt. My Man Black Hat Bailey, a real wrestler with the proper respect for tradition, is going to take it off your broken caracss when he snaps you in half with his Bailey Breaker! The takeover of NYCW by OLD School goes to phase 2 tonight."[/COLOR] Manager Promo [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="green"]Whistler comes out: "Bailey , you are just another notch on the pole of the American Icon. The people have supported me in my fight to restore the glory and honor of the Empire title,and you and your OLD School trash are going down. Starting with you first!"[/COLOR] Whistler Promo [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] Whistler defeated Black Hat Bailey in 25:23 by pinfall with a Rebel Yell. Whistler makes defence number 1 of his NYCW Empire title. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: "Bailey tried every dirty trick in his book to beat the champion this evening, but Whistler prevailed and finally nailed the Rebel Yell to pin Bailey 1,2,3 and successfully turn back OLD School's challenge. Whister is celebrating with the happy audience, but out comes 'Mr Tradition' Steadyfast to confront Whistler. Bailey nails Whistler from behind while he was occupied by Steadyfast and now they are both putting the boots to him.OLD School are taking apart the champ as security tries to pull them away!."[/COLOR]Post Match Attack [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] Overall Show [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE]

From the NYCW Website "Gang Wars saw Whistler successfully hold off the challenge of OLD School member Black Hat Bailey, but then get attacked from behind and left laying. Brandon Smith bulldozed his way to another impressive victory and Davis Newton continued his upset streak. Our next event is NYCW King of Queens on Sat Aug 14th at the Weston Gymnasium. Matches will include Bulldozer Brandon Smith looking to continue his current winning streak, Grandmaster Phunk in action for the first time since he lost the title, and the Tag Champs OLD School will defend the titles against American Made Men in the main event."

Stomper's Office Monday following Gang Wars [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: "What happened? We had less than 2/3 of the audience we normally draw. I know we only had one title match on the card, but it was the Empire title. We have had a consistent fanbase so what went wrong?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. " My fault , Stomper. I had raised the ticket prices a little to increase the gate, but it was only a dollar. Also the Gym was rented for a 2 hr show since Gang Wars was scheduled before I took over and I forgot to notify them to change it in time, which meant I had to hold back on the advertising. The money should even out, and I have made sure the gym knows what I want for future shows, so it shouldn't happen again. I have everything set up for the King of Queens show . I know we got a lot of contracts coming due in the next couple of months so I probably won't make too many changes in story until we know who is staying on and who is leaving. On a brighter note, we are only losing about 2-3k a show now so hopefully we should start getting back into the black within a few months. I want to book a bigger venue, but I don't think our crowd will offset the greater rental fee yet."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Stomper: "Fine , don't let it happen again. And remember I am not getting stuck with these fat contracts again. Every thing above a certain point I want to review personally and I'll decide how much I will allow. Now get back to work."[/COLOR]

Archived