NYCW: Bringing back Old School!

Stomper's office Monday following Rise of the Empire Oct 2009 [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Not one of our strongest shows in a while. The lack of an impact Main event is probably what kept it from being a memorable show as the wrestling was good, especially the Flores/Steadyfast bout. Those two put on one of the best matches I have seen in my almost 3 years here. Since both Scout and Matthew Gauge are touring for the next 2 months, it has kind of hurt the name power. I will have to see who may be available from the other feds in a talent trade till I can wrap up spme other storylines and set up the next feuds.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: Do what you need to keep our popularity growing. We are in a nice period where money isn't an issue and as long as we can show good fan reviews and a steadily growing audience, the investors will be happy, which means I will be happy.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G. No problem. I will make a few calls and let you know what I get set up for Harlem Streetfight. See you there.[/COLOR]

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the NYCW Website: Rise of the Empire was given excellent feedback by the fans polled leaving the show. Primus has begun a battle against the Next Gen group culminating in a meeting against Steven Parker and in a surprise announcement after the show, NYCW management is bringing an international star and multi time former champion in promotions throughout the continent to face Mean Jean Catteley for the Empire title. Only in NYCW will we put our title on the line against the best in the world , whether a part of NYCW or not. Our next event is NYCW Harlem Heat on Sat Nov 14 2009 at Pennsylvania Park Matches include Tri State champion Greg Gauge will defend against D.C. Rayne Next Gen will defend their tag team titles against Eddie Howard & Angel de Mexico Marcos Flores will meat Paul Steadyfast in a tag team bout where each can name their partner Primus will confront the leader of Next Gen , Steven Parker and Empire champion Mean Jean Catteley will yet again face the unknown when he defends the Empire title he has held for a year against a mystery opponent. Tickets are on sale now.

[SIZE="3"]NYCW HARLEM STREETFIGHT[/SIZE] at Pennsylvania Park Att: 1516 Nov 2009 [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: We still don't know who the mystery opponent for Mean Jean Catteley's Empire title is , but we have a full slate of matches tonight , starting off with a 3 way elimination bout between Harry Wilson, Edward Cornell and Cal Sanders.[/COLOR] Harry Wilson defeated Edward Cornell and Cal Sanders in 5:39; the order of elimination was Cal Sanders first, and finally Edward Cornell. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: In a fast paced biut, Cornell pins Sanders, but then gets rolled up by Wilson. Now we have a movie parody done by Sergei Kalashnov and Jenny Playmate from the summer blockbuster Mission Impossible 4.[/COLOR] Movie Parody Angle [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: As Persephone gives away some free t-shirts , we get ready for a tag team match Cameron Vessey and Arthur Bradley facing Bob Casey and Thomas Morgan.[/COLOR] Diva T-shirt angle [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Cameron Vessey and Arthur Dexter Bradley defeated Bob Casey and Thomas Morgan in 7:54 when Cameron Vessey defeated Thomas Morgan by submission. [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: Vessey locks in a submission to get the win and now we have Greg Gauge coming to the ring.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Gauge: Rayne , I beat you for the tag titles and I will beat you again tonight. It is my destiny to hold championships wherever I go and I will hold the Tri-State title for as long as I choose. NO one can beat me or my brother.[/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]E[/SIZE] Greg Gauge defeated D.C. Rayne in 9:36 by pinfall. Greg Gauge makes defence number 1 of his NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Rayne put up a good effort, but Gauge hits a low blow when the ref's attention is distracted and covers Rayne for the pin and successful defense. Dharma Gregg is out to entertain the crowd before the next tag match.[/COLOR] Diva angle [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] Next Gen defeated Ángel De México and Eddie Howard in 7:32 when Al Coleman defeated Ángel De México by pinfall. Next Gen make defence number 1 of their NYCW Tag Team titles. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Next Gen successfully defend the belts and now are mocking the crowd. Wait, here comes Primus from the back and he floors both members of Next Gen with a clothesline from the back. He picks up Coleman , then Valentine and gives each one a Panther Pounce in succession.[/COLOR] Assault angle [SIZE="4"]E-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Green"]Primus: Parker, that is just a taste of what is going to happen to you next. And now you won't have your boys to save you as I have already dealt with Vessey. Come out here and face the monster that you unleashed![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="green"]Parker responds: Primus, you are like a rabid dog that needs to be put down. The only reason anyone even knows who you are is because you rode my coattail to recognition. Tonight, I will begin your return to obscurity and mediocrity as you face 'The future' , because you don't have one.[/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] Primus Allen defeated Steven Parker in 15:38 by pinfall with a Panther Pounce. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Parker used every dirty trick and advantage he could to stave off the monster, but he was unable to put him away , and as Primus seemed to gain a second wind, he landed the Pounce to pin Steven Parker. We are getting word from the back that Marcos Flores has been attacked by 'Mr Tradition' Paul Steadyfast and Soul Taker. Doctors are looking at Flores now.[/COLOR] Attack angle [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Green"]Flores come out: Steadyfast, since you have gotten that piece of filth Soul Taker to team up with you, why don't both of you face me and a partner in a tag match.[/COLOR] Challenge [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Steadyfast and Soul Taker are waiting in the ring as Flores comes out followed by former Tri-State champion American Machine.[/COLOR] reveal partner angle [SIZE="4"]E[/SIZE] Paul Steadyfast and Soul Taker defeated Marcos Flores and American Machine in 15:51 when Paul Steadyfast defeated Marcos Flores by submission with a Slow and Steady. [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: In a well matched and even bout, Steadyfast is able to lock in the submission on a still weak Flores after Taker and Steadyfast isolated Machine for most of the match and forced him to tag in the injured Flores.Now it is time to find out who will be facing Catteley for the Empire title. Dharma Gregg comes out and announces that the mystery opponent will be ..... STEVE FLASH!! Steve Flash has returned to NYCW !![/COLOR] announce angle [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] reveal angle [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Green"]Flash: When they told me they were going with a younger roster and couldn't afford me here 3 years ago, I was pissed off as I had made NYCW my home. But I moved on and made it up to a big time national promotion. I was a bigger star than I could have ever been here. Only one thing nagged at me all that time. Only one thing that I didn;t accomplish in my time here and that was taking the Empire belt. Now that NYCW has grown enough to attract some attention, I have decided it is time to finish the only thing I haven't done and that is take the Empire belt from that pompous loud mouth Catteley and prove once and for all that I am the best wrestler in NYCW history.[/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="green"]Catteley comes out: So it has come to this. NYCW ran out of real challenges for me and so they recycle a person that was washed up 3 years ago to face me. Flash ,it will be my pleasure to welcome you home in style, and that style is pain, suffering and humiliation. You are supposed to be a "good" technical wrestler, so tonight we will make it a 30 min Ultimate Submission match.[/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Mean Jean Cattley defeated Steve Flash in 30:00 by two falls to one. Mean Jean Cattley makes defence number 11 of his NYCW Empire title. [SIZE="4"]B[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: In what truly has to go down as one of the best matches in NYCW history , Catteley gets the win after he reverses a Flash Bang attempt and lands a Mood Swing to down Flash when the falls were tied. He then locked in an ankle lock that forced Flash to tap. with only 2 min remaining, Flash did everything he could to tie the match up and connected with the Flash Bang at the end, but the 30 min time ran out as he was applying a submission hold.[/COLOR] Overall show [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE]

Stomper's office Monday following Harlem Streetfight Nov 2009 [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Steve Flash's return went over huge. He and Catteley had the best match I have seen , easily the equal of most main events of the big boys. Fans are still buzzing about Steve Flash's appearance and the card. Even though the rest of the card was fairly average , the Main event is generating the most buzz I have seen since I have been here. Attendence had been starting to drop a little but I think this will help reverse that.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: Yeah, makes me sorry we had to let him go 2 years ago, but we just couldn't afford what he was asking then and now he is in TCW so we can only get a temporary loan of him by letting Scout work a couple of dates for them. Still , looking at where we were when you started, barely filling a 300 seat high school gym and worrying if I had to shut down, to where we are at now with profits flowing in each month even though the roster is twice as big and filling most of a 2000 seat arena every month, I am proud of the work you are doing,son.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Thanks , Stomper. It feels good to hear that, but now that we have set the bar this high, I have to work harder to try and raise it. We have Steve for one more show and I hope the rematch can deliver something close to this one. If so , we may be able to sellout this venue yet. One thing though. I have some concerns about whether Primus Allen is going to fit into our style. While he is improving rapidly, he is still really raw in the ring. I think he isn't ready for a big time push yet. I will have to experiment with him a little to see if I can find a spot he would be good at that can hide his weaknesses until he can either improve to fit us or wants more than we are willing to pay. I will let you know. I will send over the info for Christmas Clash later and see you at the show[/COLOR]

From the NYCW Website: Harlem Streetfight has generated enormous buzz throughout the wrestling industry as some are calling it the best event in NYCW history topped off by the surprise return of Steve Flash. Many are calling the Ultimate submission match between him and Mean Jean Catteley one of the best this year and certainly the best delivered in NYCW. Steve Flash has vowed to come back at Christmas Clash for one more chamce to wear the Empire title he was unable to capture 3 years ago. Our next event is NYCW Christmas Clash on Sat Dec 14 2009 at Pennsylvania Park Matches include Next Gen (c) vs Natural Storm for the Tag Team titles Marcos Flores & American Machine vs Matt Gauge & Soul Taker Greg Gauge (c) defending the Tri-State championship in a 3 way match with Primus & Steven Parker Scout vs 'Mr Tradition' Paul Steadyfast and in a return bout Steve Flash vs Mean Jean Catteley(c) for the Empire Championship tickets are on sale now.

[SIZE="3"]NYCW CHRISTMAS CLASH[/SIZE] at Pennsylvania Park Att: 1601 Dec 2009 [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: After an incredible show last month that saw Steve Flash return to NYCW and deliver the stiffest challenge to Mean Jean Catteley's title yet, Flash will try to capture the belt that has eluded him tonight when he meets Catteley in another ultimate submission match. We start off action tonight with a 10 man battle royal with The Stomper as one of the competitors.[/COLOR] Cameron Vessey won a battle royal in 10:28. The final four competitors also included Bob Casey, Edward Cornell and The Stomper, with Bob Casey being the final elimination. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] D.G.: Vessey wins the battle royal and continues his recent strong run here in NYCW. Persephone comes out to give away some free Next Gen merchandise before their tag team defense against Natural Storm. Diva t -shirt angle [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Natural Storm defeated Next Gen in 9:33 when D.C. Rayne defeated Casey Valentine by pinfall with a Storm Damage. Natural Storm win the NYCW Tag Team titles. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Natural Storm recapture the Tag title and now are 2 time NYCW tag team champions. It seems the issues within the Next Gen group aren't completely sorted out. Paul Steadyfast is making his way to the ring now.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Steadyfast: Flores, you should head back to Mexico where you belong. You aren't good enough to compete here in the USA and you certainly aren't worth the time of 'Mr Tradition'. I already have a match against a worthy opponent or I would kick your ass again tonight![/COLOR] Taunt [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Flores comes out to answer Steadyfast, but then is jumped from behind by Soul Taker . American Machine comes out to drive him off. The committee announces that a tag match will take place next between FLores and Machine against Soul Taker and a partner of his choosing since Steadyfast already has a scheduled match.[/COLOR] Attack angle [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] Marcos Flores and American Machine drew with Soul Taker and Matthew Gauge in 13:01 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: The match has broken down to an all out brawl outside the ring and the referee has called for a double DQ. As Machine is fighting with Soul Taker near the entrance ramp, Paul Steadyfast comes out and blasts Machine from behind.[/COLOR] Attack [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Green"]Steven Parker comes out: Primus, you will not stand in my way from reclaiming MY Tri-State championship tonight in this 3 way ladder match. I was the most dominant Tri-State champion ever and I will become champion again, because I am 'The Future' .[/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] Greg Gauge defeated Steven Parker and Primus Allen in 14:31 when Greg Gauge retrieved the item. Greg Gauge makes defence number 2 of his NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Gauge wrestled a smart match and allowed Parker and Primus to essentially eliminate each other so he could grab the belt and win the match. Jenny Playmate is out next with some t-shirts for the crowd as we get ready for Paul Steadyfast to face Scout, fresh from his japan tour.[/COLOR] Diva -t-shirt [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Scout defeated Paul Steadyfast in 19:31 when Paul Steadyfast could not beat a ten count. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: In a solid match between two experienced veterans, the action went outside the ring and Scout was able to make it back in time to beat the 10 count and get the victory. Steve Flash is coming to ringside now.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Flash: Catteley, you squeaked by with the victory last month, but tonight I will fulfill my destiny to take the Empire belt and the mantle as the greatest wrestler and champion in NYCW history![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="green"]Catteley responds: Flash, you couldn't get the job done last month and you won't do it now. I have beaten everyone both in and out of NYCW for over a year! I am THE most dominant force NYCW has ever seen and NO ONE will take this title away from me![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] Mean Jean Cattley defeated Steve Flash in 30:00 by two fall to one. Mean Jean Cattley makes defence number 12 of his NYCW Empire title. [SIZE="4"]B+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: In what can only be descibed as an epic confrontation, both wrestlers went all out and stepped up the intensity above even last months classic battle . With the falls tied at one each, Catteley kicked out of a Flash Bang with only a couple of minutes remaining and after DeVille distracted Flash, was able to land a mood swing and apply a sharp shooter with less than 2 min left in the match. FLash tried everyhting to grab the ropes or get out of the hold, but Catteley kept dragging him back to the center of the ring. After over a 90 seconds in the hold, Flash finally had to tap out and Catteley got the decisive fall just before time ran out and defends the title.[/COLOR] Overall Show [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE]

Stomper's office Monday following Christmas Clash Dec 2009 [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: I wouldn't have believed it possible, but Flash and Catteley topped last month with an even better match. Even with the economic downturn currently, we were still able to maintain the audience and deliver our two best shows ever back to back. It's just too bad we can't get Flash back full time. A lengthy feud between them with matches like that would really elevate us around here. Only other info from the show is that Primus broke his nose during the 3 way ladder match, but he won't miss any time. Also, I am letting the contract for Arthur Bradley expire as I don't think his style is going to fit here. I will keep an eye on him since he does have enormous potential and if his ringwork improves I will consider bringing him back at a later time.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: That's fine, but don't rest on your laurels now. You have raised the bar with these last two shows and we need to try to make 2010 even better than 2009 was. I would like to see if we can profitably move to a larger venue by the end of the year and start exploring PPV and TV options to go to the next level.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G: As always, I will do my best. I will send over the info for Rush Hour at our year end review[/COLOR]

From the NYCW Website: Christmas Clash did the impossible and topped Harlem Streetfight in intensity and performance. Capped by the final matchup of Steve Flash vs Mean Jean Catteley, these two outdid their previous fantastic performance and put on a wrestling clinc that could easily have Main Evented any major promotion card. NYCW has closed out 2009 with its two best events ever and looks forward to an even more exciting 2010. The first event of the new year is NYCW Rush Hour on Sat Jan 14 2010 at Pennsylvania Park. An 8 man tournament has been announced to determine a #1 contender for the Tri-state title and opening matches include Matthew Gauge vs D.C. Rayne Steven Parker vs Eddie Howard Andre Jones vs Marcos Flores Casey Valentine vs Thomas Morgan also on the card Next Gen (Coleman & Valentine) vs Angel de Mexico & Harry Wilson Greg Gauge defends the Tri-State title vs Bob Casey American Machine vs Paul Steadyfast and Men Jean Catteley defends the Empire title in a 3 way match vs Primus Allen and Scout tickets are on sale now

2009 Year End Awards Wrestler of the Year: Bryan Vessey Young Wrestler of the Year: Marc DuBois Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Haruki Kudo Female Wrestler of the Year: Tamara McFly Promotion of the Year : TCW Most Improved Promotion: WLW Match of the Year: Jeremy Stone def Duane Stone Jr NOTPBW Midsummer Madness July 2009 Show of the Year: PGHW Night of Fortitude April 2009 Top 10 Wrestlers worldwide 2009 1. Bryan Vessey 2. Eisaku Kunomasu 3. Shuji Inukai 4. Nobuatsu Tatsuko 5. Buddy Garner 6. Sean McFly 7. Pablo Rodriguez 8. BLZ Bubb 9. Axxis Jr 10. The Awesome Kiyaru NYCW Wrestler of the Year : Mean Jean Catteley NYCW Match of the Year Steve Flash vs Mean Jean Catteley at Christmas Clash NYCW Show of the year Christmas Clash, only one match below a C- and a B+ match to cap off.

NYCW Roster as of Jan 1st 2010 Main Eventers: Scout - Face, Recent signee yet to make a real impact in NYCW Mean Jean Catteley - Heel, Empire champion for over a year and the most over wrestler in NYCW Paul Steadyfast - Heel, has been putting in quality matches all year and is ready for a run at the title American Machine - Face, improvement from japan tours and a run as Tri-State champion have propelled him to main event scene Primus Allen - Face, Former enforcer of Next Gen, recent split and feud have fueled his rise to Main Event Upper Midcard: Greg Gauge - Heel, Current Tri-State champion and former tag champion with brother Marcos Flores- Face, luchadore legend arrived in mid year and proved there is a home for lucha style in NYCW Steve Parker - Heel, Leader of Next Gen, has spent year in feuds with Primus and American Machine Matthew Gauge - Heel , former tag team champion, back to challenge for more titles after a japanese tour Soul Taker - Heel, another luchadore legend bringing lucha style into NYCW Midcard: Thomas Morgan - Face , Current 4C champion, veteran starting to work up card Eddie Howard - Face, half of Natural Storm , now 2 time NYCW Tag champions D.C. Rayne - Face , other half of Natural Storm, tag team champion Angel De Mexico - Face, another luchadore trying to find fame across the border Cameron Vessey -Heel, member of Next Gen , frequently tours Japan where he is a 2 time BHOTWG openweight champion Bob Casey - Face, Veteran jobber Casey Valentine - Heel, half of Next Gen tag team with Al Coleman 2 time NYCW tag champions, partner and him seem to have some issues Lower Midcard: Al Coleman -Heel , other half of Next Gen tag team, former 2 time champion but sliding back down the card after an early push, having issues with tag team partner Harry Wilson - Face, veteran jobber Arthur Dexter Bradley - heel, young potential star but doesn't seem suited for traditional style wrestling, being let go at end of contract Opener : Sergei Kalashnov - Face , despite wealth of talent, not catching on as well in America as he did in Europe Edward Cornell - Heel , jobber but starting to get some recognition on European tours Enhancement: Cal Sanders - Face , jobber with decent technical skills Managers: Persephone - face, Steven Parkers girlfriend and resident t-shirt shooter and bikini contest girl with some promo skills Sienna De Ville - heel helps some of the heel stars with promo duties Jenny Playmate - heel does color commentary, t-shirt duty , bikini contest and promo duty for Primus Dharma Gregg - face ,counterpoint to jenny Playmate on commentary, bikini contest and is Scout's manager Vita - Face , manager of American Machine and Natural Storm Stomper- Road agent and occasional wrestler Where are they now ? Former roster members of 2009 Sammy the Shark - released in Feb 2009 when wanted more money than his spot was worth not currently working Donnie J - left in June 2009 ready for bigger challenges has been working Independent shows since, may be brought back Jay Chord - Singed developmental deal with SWF in sep 2009 is now currently main eventing in RIPW Changes in status from other NYCW alumni Rodger Dodger - risen to midcard in USPW Honest Frank- released form SWF in nov 2009 , now working independents Steve Flash - now opener in TCW recent short return to NYCW produced 2 best matches in NYCW history so far Lee Wright - retired in 2009 Kashmir Singh -- Risen to lower midcard in NOTPBW K-Squared -midcarder in 4C Davis Wayne Newton - left CGC and is now main eventing in NOTPBW where he was Unlimited Action champion

[SIZE="3"]NYCW RUSH HOUR[/SIZE] at Pennsylvania Park Att: 1580 Jan 2010 [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Welcome to 2010 at NYCW where we hope to top an incredible 2009 and we highlight our first show of the new year with the preliminary matches to determine a #1 contender to the Tri-States championship and we have a Three way elimination match for the NYCW Empire champion where Mean Jean Catteley has to defend against not one, but TWO opponents in Primus and Scout. This may be the toughest test yet for the Champ. We kick off action with another triangle match in which Sergei Kalashnov faces Edward Cornell and Cal Sanders[/COLOR] Main Event announcement [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] Edward Cornell defeated Cal Sanders and Sergei Kalashnov in 5:45 when Edward Cornell defeated Cal Sanders by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: That was an exciting , fast paced match that got the crowd warmed up. Next Gen comes out to try to get back on the winning track after losing the tag titles last month, when they face Angel de Mexico and Harry Wilson[/COLOR] Next Gen defeated Ángel De México and Harry Wilson in 5:56 when Al Coleman defeated Harry Wilson by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Next Gen's greater experience allow them to overcome an up an coming team, but Angel and Wilson looked very fluid together and might have a future together as a tag team. Persephone is now giving out some Next Gen merchandise as we get ready for our first preliminary match in the contender tournament Matthew Gauge taking on D.C. Rayne.[/COLOR] Diva Angle [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Matthew Gauge defeated D.C. Rayne in 8:05 by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Showing the skill taught by his father , Sam Keith, Gauge is able to get the pin and advance in the tournament. As Jenny Playmate shoots out some free t-shirts we get ready for the Next preliminary match, Ex Tri-state champion Steven Parker takes on Eddie Howard.[/COLOR] Diva t-shirt angle [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Steven Parker defeated Eddie Howard in 8:29 by pinfall with a Future Shock. [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: These men showed their great experience facing each other in a excellent back and forth match up finished when Persephone grabbed Howard's ankle, distracting him enough for Parker to land the 'Future Shock' and advance. Now,since some heating problems are preventing us from having our traditional WInter bikini contest, we have a special treat for the fans as Dharma Gregg will perform her BSC championship victory celebration dance for the NYCW audience . Afterwards, Marcos Flores will face Andre Reed in the next preliminary match up.[/COLOR] Dive dance angle [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] Marcos Flores defeated Andre Jones in 8:20 by pinfall with a Flores Heaven Elbow. [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Flores wins in a exciting fast paced bout of high flyers. With the quality of the preliminary matchups I can't wait to see the performances next month in the semi-finals. Primus comes out to ringside.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Primus: Tonight is when I establish myself as the Prime force here in NYCW. Tonight, after I become Empire champion, you will see why Next Gen feared me and feared that I would take their spotlight. Tonight, Catteley, Scout, the Panther will POUNCE on you and take the gold![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: We have the final preliminary match as Casey Valentine takes on Thomas Morgan.[/COLOR] Casey Valentine defeated Thomas Morgan in 8:23 by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Valentine advances, and we have two members of the Next Gen group advancing to the semi-finals. Could we have a Next Gen final, and what would that mean for the already fragile alliance? Now Scout comes out with a mike.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Scout: After a successful tour of Japan, I have come back even more focused, as even more of a deadly weapon, and Catteley my sights are set on that Empire championship. I will go through you, Primus, or any other obstacle in my path. It's Scout's law of the jungle. Win , if you can, Survive, if I let you![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: Some strong words from Scout. Next Greg Gauge puts his Tri-State title on the line against the veteran Bob Casey[/COLOR]. Greg Gauge defeated Bob Casey in 8:21 by pinfall. Greg Gauge makes defence number 3 of his NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Gauge gets the victory in a fairly dominating performance. Now a short music video plays highlighting Mean Jean Catteleys over a year long run as Empire champion and then American Machine takes on 'Mr tradition' Paul Steadyfast.[/COLOR] Hype video [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Paul Steadyfast defeated American Machine in 16:21 by submission with a Slow and Steady [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G: In a clash of styles, the technician was able to submit the brawler. After weathering the early power advantage of Machine, Steadyfast began to work on Machines legs to take away his vertical base and wear him down till he could lock in the Slow and Steady STF. Mean Jean Catteley comes out to ringside now.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Catteley: First it was wrestlers from other feds, then the champions from other feds, now it is two on one as NYCW management does everything they can to try to take this belt from me. This will fail as well because I AM THE MOST DOMINANT Empire champion ever and no one or group will take this title from me![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Mean Jean Cattley defeated Primus Allen and Scout in 26:47; the order of elimination was Scout first, and finally Primus Allen. Mean Jean Cattley makes defence number 13 of his NYCW Empire title. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Scout and Catteley went after each other first as Primus picked his spots. After about 18 min in the match when all the participants were getting worn down, Scout had tossed Catteley to the outside where both he and Catteley had double teamed Primus earlier. But Scout hadn't seen Primus recovering and got caught with a Pounce to get eliminated. Catteley then tackled Primus in the back of the knees and proceeded to wrok on the powerful man's legs. Primus did all he could to rally back but couldn't kick out of the 2nd Mood Swing Catteley delivered and Catteley retains the Empire title.[/COLOR] Overall Show [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE]

Stomper's office monday following Rush Hour Jan 2010 [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: That show was quite a letdown after our previous two events especially the title matchs. The under card had good matches but Machine and Steadyfast blew some spots and Casey probably needs to be moved down the card or let go as he hasn't impressed me with his ring work recently. The main event was decent but not as good as we have had recently. The one good thing I saw was Angel de Mexico and Harry Wilson looked good together. They could be the new blood we need in the tag scene, especially as we have the Next Gen group splintering and I would like to see if Eddie Howard or D.C. Rayne can succeed as singles because that would add more faces for uppercard feuds. I saw some good things between Parker and Howard in their match.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: Lets see if we can do better from here on. We have done a lot to increase our popularity and revamp our roster and I want us to take it to the next level.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: I will keep working to get us there. Here is the info for Rumble in the Bronx and I will see you at the show[/COLOR]

From the NYCW Website: Rush Hour kicked off an exciting 2010 as Matthew Gauge, Marcos Flores, Steven Parker and Casey Valentine advanced to the semis of the #1 contendership tournament and both Greg Gauge and Mean Jean Catteley defended their titles. Our next event is NYCW Rumble in the Bronx on Sat Feb 14th at the Pennsylvania Park. Matches include Matthew Gauge vs Steven Parker Casey Valentine vs Marcos Flores Natural Storm vs Angel de Mexico & Harry Wilson Paul Steadyfast vs Scout American Machine vs former 2 time SWF shooting star champion Andre Jones and Mean Jean Catteley defends the Empire title against Tri State champion Greg Gauge tickets are on sale now

[SIZE="3"]NYCW RUMBLE IN THE BRONX[/SIZE] at Pennsylvania Park Att: 1469 Feb 2010 [COLOR="blue"]D.G.:We have an exciting evening planned, with the semifinals of #1 contender tournament for the Tri-State chmapionship and we have champion vs champion when Greg Gauge faces Mean Jean Catteley in the main event. We start action with a tag team match between THomas Morgan and Sergei Kalashnov facing Al Coleman and Edward Cornell.[/COLOR] Thomas Morgan and Sergei Kalashnov defeated Al Coleman and Edward Cornell in 5:38 when Thomas Morgan defeated Edward Cornell by submission. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Coleman obviously wasn't in sync with Cornell and finally left him alone to take the loss as he went to the back. Now Angel de Mexico and Harry Wilson have decided to make their tag team permanent and are challenging Natural Storm to defend the titles.[/COLOR] Angle [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Green"]Natural Storm respond: We are the greatest tag team on the east coast. We hold the gold here and in MAW and we will take on anybody, so why don't you two punks come down here and face the Storm![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] Natural Storm defeated The Swashbuckers in 7:38 when D.C. Rayne defeated Harry Wilson by pinfall with a Storm Damage. Natural Storm make defence number 1 of their NYCW Tag Team titles. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Wilson and Angel were game and showed good teamwork, but the greater experience of Natural Storm resulted in a successful defense of the titles. Next , two veterans look to gain some momentum and work their way back into the title picture when American Machine faces high flyer Andre Jones.[/COLOR] American Machine defeated Andre Jones in 15:44 by pinfall with a Machine Driven. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: A solid outing between two veterans ends with American Machine landing his Machine Driven to get the pin. Our first semi-final matchup Matthew Gauge vs Steven Parker is next and Gauge has a few words before the match.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Gauge: Parker, you call yourself the 'Future' ? You are already a has-been. My brother and I are the future and I will be champion here, even if I have to beat my brother to do it! The legacy of excellence continues tonight and your future is grim![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] Matthew Gauge defeated Steven Parker in 12:36 by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: In an exciting match of two men with potential world champions written all over them, Matt Gauge manages to reverse a rollup and grab Parker's tights to get the win and move on to the finals.Our next semi-final match between Marcos Flores and Casey Valentine is next[/COLOR]. [COLOR="Green"]Flores: As I have won championships and upheld the honor of the hispanic people in Mexico, so shall I do here in the Tri-State area. I will defeat my opponent and go on to win the championship for the hispanic community. Vive la razza![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] Marcos Flores defeated Casey Valentine in 12:42 by pinfall with a Flores Heaven Elbow. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] D.G.: Flores advances and he will face Matthew Gauge next month at Central Park Massacre for the #1 contendership. Now we have a shot backstage of Primus getting ready for his match against Soul Taker as he is lifting a huge amount of weight. Angle [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] Primus Allen defeated Soul Taker in 15:08 by pinfall with a Panther Pounce. [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Not the smoothest of matchups but Primus finally powers his way to a victory before a restless crowd. Next up we have Paul Steadyfast facing Scout and 'Mr Tradition' is making his way to the ring[/COLOR]. [COLOR="green"]Steadyfast: Scout , you thought you could come into NYCW and make a big splash. You thought it would be easy to dominate here because you had a little tag team success in a larger promotion. I am here to tell you that means nothing to me because I have done everthing you have done. I have been a star in larger promotions, I have been a tag team champion around the world, and I have done one thing you never have. I have BEEN Empire champion before, and I WILL be Empire champion again. You are just a step on the ladder to my eventual return to the title and glory.[/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] [COLOR="Green"]Scout responds: Steadyfast, a true hunter learns to stalk his prey in their home environment. That is why I came here to NYCW. The concrete jungle has the same law of survival of the fittest that the normal one does. I am the hunter and you, Steadyfast, are just another victim![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] Scout defeated Paul Steadyfast in 17:44 by submission with a Special Force. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Scout captures the victory in this battle of ring technicians and takes a step closer to being back in the title picture. Now it is time for our Main Event of Champion vs Champion as Greg Gauge challenges for the Empire title[/COLOR]. [COLOR="Green"]Catteley: Gauge, your father Sam Keith couldn't beat me if he was here in his prime. And a wet behind the ears little punk like you has no chance. Come here and let me give you the beating that your father should have given you.[/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Mean Jean Cattley defeated Greg Gauge in 17:48 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. Mean Jean Cattley makes defence number 14 of his NYCW Empire title. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G: The tri -state champion put up a good fight, but Catteley's greater experience was just to much for the youngster at this point and Catteley nails the Mood Swing and retains the Empire title.[/COLOR] Overall Show [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE]

Stomper's office monday following Rumble in the Bronx Feb 2010 D[COLOR="Blue"].G.: That was definitely a better show overall except for that cluster**** of a match between Primus and Soul Taker. I really believe that Primus just doesn't fit our style of wrestling. With the push we have given him I can't keep protecting him in 3 way, 4 way and tag matches if he can't deliver even a half way decent one on one match. His contract is up in a couple of months so I am going to let it run out, even though he probably will become huge down the road. I just think it will be in a federation with a different style like USPW or SWF. Other than that, the different matchups are letting us and the fans see some new combinations of styles and wrestlers that we can use to start the next set of storylines soon.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: That is good, because we need to start generating some new buzz. The economy is in a downturn and it's starting to affect the attendance , which affects our finances and potential to grow. It may be a while before we can add more talent to the roster, so we are going to have to create that buzz with who we have and try to keep the attendance steady if not increasing till the economy gets back in an upturn.[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: As always, I will do everything possible. I have some ideas brewing to try to shake things up and keep our popularity growing. I will send you the info for Central Park Massacre and see you there.[/COLOR]

From the NYCW Website: Rumble in the Bronx established the finalists for the #1 contender to the Tri-state title in Matthew Gauge and Marcos Flores. Mean Jean turned back the challenge of Matthew's brother Greg and Natural Storm pulled out a win against the new tag team pairing. Our next event will be NYCW Central Park Massacre at Pennsylvania Park on Sat Mar 14 2010 Matches include Angel De Mexico and Harry Wilson vs Next Gen American Machine vs Scout Natural Storm def the tag team titles against Andre Jones and Soul Taker Greg Gauge defends the Tri-State title against Thomas Morgan Matthew Gauge vs Marcos Flores in a #1 contenders match and Mean Jean Catteley will defend the Empire title against 'Mr Tradition' Paul Steadyfast Tickets are on sale now

Stomper's office last week in February. [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Stomper, Steven Parker just told me he has accepted a spot with DaVE , and that with his commitments to CZCW and USPW he is opting out of his verbal contract with us. He says that while he appreciates his time here , that the other companies have more prestige than we do now and he wants to concentrate on his career there. I wished him well as , other than the loss of his talent , it won't hurt us too much as I was already breaking apart Next Gen and he wasn't involved in any major storylines.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: These things happen in wrestling, son. That is why we need to keep on growing what we have here, so that in the future, WE are the place that people leave other organizations to go to. Tell him we thank him for the long tenure here and what he has done to help us progress and we will leave the door open to work with him in the future.[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: My thoughts exactly. I will have the website publish a notice and will see you at the show.[/COLOR]

From the NYCW Website: Former Tri-State champion and Next Gen leader Steven Parker has announced he is leaving NYCW today to concentrate on other career commitments. He thanks the fans for their support during his 2 1\2 years in NYCW but that it is time for him to move on. We at NYCW wish him the best for his future and thank him for his many accomplishments and contributions to the continuing growth of NYCW and leave the door open to working with him in the future.

[QUOTE=Sons of Kohral;195441]Aww... I liked Steve[/QUOTE] So did I. But he took off in 2010 , becoming both CZCW and USPW World champion. And unfortunately, one of the challenges to playing NYCW is that you will almost always be the least prestigius promotion in your size group. Still..... you never know who might someday return to NYCW ;)

[SIZE="3"]NYCW CENTRAL PARK MASSACRE[/SIZE] at Pennsylvania Park Att: 1543 Mar 2010 [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Welcome to a new era in NYCW as Next Gen leader Steven Parker has left the promotion. With only Casey Valentine and Al Coleman left to carry the next gen flag, as Cameron Vessey is in Japan, what will it mean for this once dominant force in NYCW? We start off action tonight with a new face as rookie Jared Johnson looks to make a name here. I have been told he has a fantastic amatuer background but he faces a tough test in veteran Bob Casey.[/COLOR] Jared Johnson defeated Bob Casey in 7:54 by pinfall. [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Johnson starts off his career in NYCW with an impressive win. Next Gen will be up after Jenny Playmate finishes shooting free t-shirts to the fans as they face the up and coming team of Angel de Mexico and Harry Wilson.[/COLOR] Diva angle [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] The Swashbuckers defeated Next Gen in 10:06 when Ángel De México defeated Casey Valentine by pinfall when Hugh de Aske interfered. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: In a surprising upset Angel and Wilson get the win over Next gen with the help of a stranger dressed as a pirate! Now he is directing Angel and Wilson to "keelhaul" Next Gen as they put the boots to Valentine and Coleman. They bring in chairs and lay out both members at this new person's directions.[/COLOR] Angle [SIZE="4"]E-[/SIZE] Angel and Harry Wilson turn successful [COLOR="Green"]De Aske: For those of ye landlubbers that don't know me, I hight the dread pirate Hugh de Aske. I have made landfall at this here NYCW to pillage and plunder all who stand before me and claim the booty that is rightfully mine, The Empire championship! These two scurvy dogs be joining my crew as we raise the jolly roger over NYCW.[/COLOR] announce new manager angle [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G: Well, it seems that Pittsburgh isn't the only place in the Tri-State area that has Pirates. Up next Natural Storm defend the tag team titles against the team of Andre Jones and Soul Taker.[/COLOR] Natural Storm defeated Andre Jones and Soul Taker in 9:54 when Eddie Howard defeated Soul Taker by pinfall. Natural Storm make defence number 2 of their NYCW Tag Team titles. [SIZE="4"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="blue"]D.G.: Not the prettiest of wins , but Natural Storm successsfully defend the titles. As Persephone shoots some t-shirts, we get ready for Greg Gauge to defend his Tri-State title against Thomas Morgan, who has won some championships in Canada recently and is looking to accomplish the same thing in the states.[/COLOR] Diva Angle [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] Greg Gauge defeated Thomas Morgan in 12:36 by pinfall. Greg Gauge makes defence number 4 of his NYCW Tri-State Regional title. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Morgan came very close to upsetting Gauge for the title , but Gauge pulled the ref into Morgan, and while he was recovering, grabbed the belt and nailed Morgan, then pinned him for the win. American Machine faces Scout in a match to determine the #1 contender to the Empire title and Scout has a few words to say.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Scout: Machine, I have nothing against you as you have been a honorable man and champion, but in this concrete jungle there are only two kinds of people. The Hunter and the hunted, and tonight you are one of the hunted. Win, if you can. Survive, if I let you![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] American Machine defeated Scout in 15:59 by pinfall with a Machine Driven. [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: Machine continues his climb up the ladder in NYCW as he scores his biggest victory yet. Now the finals of the #1 contendership for the Tri-state championship as Marcos Flores faces Matthew Gauge. Could we have brother fight brother for the Tri-State title?[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]Flores: Gauge, you will be the next to go down in defeat to the pride of the Hispanic people. I will beat you and then your brother as I uphold the honor and the glory of my latino family Vive la razza![/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="Green"]Gauge: Flores, when I get done with you tonite, you will make like Taco Bell and run for the border. What you and these people here fail to understand is that championships are the legacy of the Gauge Brothers. And , even if I have to go through my brother to do it, I will be a champion here again. After all, I have beaten up my brother hundreds of times when we were growing up and training, so doing it for the belt will be no different.[/COLOR] Promo [SIZE="4"]D[/SIZE] Marcos Flores defeated Matthew Gauge in 16:21 by pinfall with a Flores Heaven Elbow. [SIZE="4"]C+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: These two talented atheletes put on a hell of a match and Flores becomes #1 contender. He will face Greg Gauge next month at Brooklyn Brawl. In the main event of the evening, 'Mr Tradition' Paul Steadyfast looks to reclaim the Empire title he held 8 years ago as he takes on Mean Jean Catteley , who has been champion for almost 18 months.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]Catteley: Steadyfast, you have held this belt before. So you know how important this title is. I have made the NYCW Empire championship one of the most prestigious titles in all of wrestling by taking on and defeating all comers. You will be no different. NO ONE will take what belongs to ME! NO ONE will EVER take this belt from me. Come and feel the tradition of pain![/COLOR] [SIZE="4"]D+[/SIZE] Mean Jean Cattley defeated Paul Steadyfast in 27:36 by pinfall with a Mood Swing. Mean Jean Cattley makes defence number 15 of his NYCW Empire title. [SIZE="4"]C[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: In a very technical matchup, each wrestler using move and counter move, Catteley finally manages to put the match away after he finally nails the Mood Swing on his third attempt. Catteley retains the Empire title again. Steadyfast gets up and offers his hand to Catteley in a sign of respect, but Mean Jean just looks at him and then laughs in his face as he exits the ring.[/COLOR] Respect angle [SIZE="4"]D-[/SIZE] Overall Show [SIZE="4"]C-[/SIZE]

Stomper's office Monday following Central Park Massacre Mar 2010 [COLOR="Blue"]D.G.: A decent show, but I didn't appreciate Soul taker's effort in that last match of his. He just went thru the motions after telling us he is leaving. We did re-sign Marcos Flores though and I think he will be a better overall asset to us. I also signed a couple of new talents in that guy Hugh de Aske and Jared Johnson who has some incredible technical skills for his age. That will make up for the guys that have left and keep our roster balanced.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Stomper: Good. Financially we are still making a profit and we may even be able to bump up ticket prices soon and maybe even start selling out this place. Keep up the good work and I will see you at Brooklyn Brawl.[/COLOR]

Archived