Triple H Injured His Quad Again

skiesofryan

During last night's WWE New Years Revolution PPV, Triple H injured himself. They think he might have torn his right quadricep. Ironically it was a year ago today that he returned from his left quadricep injury. [QUOTE][B]Triple H injured[/B] Written: January 7, 2007 [URL="http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/tripleh/"]Triple H[/URL] suffered an injury during his match against Rated-RKO at [URL="http://www.wwe.com/shows/newyearsrevolution/history/2006/"]New Year's Revolution[/URL]. The preliminary diagnosis is a possible quadriceps tear. Triple H will be flown to Birmingham, Ala. in the morning to be evaluated by Dr. James Andrews. WWE.com will have more on Triple H's injury Monday afternoon. [/QUOTE]

Thoughts? Excitement on my part. I haven't watched a WWE show in a few weeks and haven't bought a PPV since Survivor Series but this shake up may get me to watch RAW. At least now they'll HAVE TO do something else with Shawn Michaels and take him out of that Robin to Hunter's Batman role he was in.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;180570]Thoughts? Excitement on my part. I haven't watched a WWE show in a few weeks and haven't bought a PPV since Survivor Series but this shake up may get me to watch RAW. At least now they'll HAVE TO do something else with Shawn Michaels and take him out of that Robin to Hunter's Batman role he was in.[/QUOTE] I was becomming really bored of HBK's gimmick pre-DX, so if HHH is out for a year then i hope they don't just reverts Shawn back to his old gimmick. My missus came up with a good idea if they decide to find a temporay replacement for HHH in DX - CM Punk, he is more than ready for a main event push. Him and Michaels can go after rated RKO for a while and when HHH returns he will be jealous of Punk's success and turn heel on him. I reckon it'd sell big time, but i can't see it 'cos HHH said he wanted to see out his career as a face. Hell if he has torn his quad again we may well have seen his last performance!

I saw the PPV live and right after he landed the spinebuster you could tell he was hurt. Plus Edge and Orton (especially Orton) had no idea what to do. The ending turned into one huge cluster****. Personally I'm glad he's out for a while. I've always thought Triple H was 60% hype, 40% substance, it'll be nice to not have him on 4 or 5 different segments throughout Raw. I hope they do away with the DX gimmick. I think this last go around with HBK and HHH has tarnished the legacy of DX a bit. They seem to have lost their edge. It looks like two 40something year old men trying to act hip. PLUS hopefully this will get HBK out of HHH's shadow. D16NJD16 had it right with the Batman-Robin comparison. John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 23! (My hope at least)

[QUOTE=skiesofryan;180558]During last night's WWE New Years Revolution PPV, Triple H injured himself. They think he might have torn his right quadricep. Ironically it was a year ago today that he returned from his left quadricep injury.[/QUOTE] Surely it was longer than a year ago that he returned from his quad injury? I'd probably keep HHH as a manager-type for HBK and bring in some young blood. Alternatively: Flair is so impressed with the performance of Kenny against him (dirty finish etc) that he sees him as the future Nature Boy and gets Masters as an enforcer and we see a new Evolution to go against DX (HHH, HBK, Cena and CM Punk) against nWo (Edge, Orton and Carlito (heel turn against Torrie)) I smell money!

This is a sad time. He is ofcourse is my all-time favourite wrestler. Skies you certainly got the 1 year ago today he returned from his quad injury wrong. It was a few years ago now and it wasnt even today or yetserday. I really hope it isnt another tear but it seems quite likely. It could be along time before his back again but if its anything like last time its gonna be a huge return.

[QUOTE=The Gaz;180750] I really hope it isnt another tear but it seems quite likely. It could be along time before his back again but if its anything like last time its gonna be a huge return.[/QUOTE] This very well could be the end of DX... I do know that the DX run was going to be short lived.. I figure that HHH will go back to his heel gimmick when he returns if he misses a long time...

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;180769]This very well could be the end of DX... I do know that the DX run was going to be short lived.. I figure that HHH will go back to his heel gimmick when he returns if he misses a long time...[/QUOTE] I really don't think he will, i can't remember were i read it, but i'm sure i heard that tripleH wants to see out his career as a face. I don't think the WWE will drop DX either, it is far too marketable. The WWE shows i went to this year were selling merchandise and by the looks things i'd say about 80% of there sale's were DX and Cena Tee-shirts.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;180801]Didn't Trips return from his initial quad injury at Vengeance 2002? But anyway, it sucks to see him get injured, especially just months before WrestleMania. I too was getting tired of DX, but I think a heel turn for one of them would have definately been a better way for them to split than one of them getting injured.[/QUOTE] hmm..... im not sure if you are implying that trip's injury is a work, 'cos i don't think it is.

I'd say talent wise this is a blow to RAW but, from a booking perspective, it will hopefully force them to freshen things up after a year of handicap matches and retreads. This may mean Ryan Reeves' call up as I read rumour that Steph was pushing to have him join DX to fight Kenny, Edge and Orton. Of course, now that the DX v Rated RKO feud is essentially 2 on 1 they may just leave it that way to satisfy whoever it is with the handicap match fetish...

I'm not implying that it's a work, panix - I was referring to the people in this thread saying that they're glad he was injured because DX was stale. What I was trying to say (though I didn't word it too well) was that I too was getting bored of DX, but I'm in no way glad that Triple H was injured. I would have liked to see a heel turn for one of the two, but even if it does temporarily put Michaels into a solo roll, I'm not glad that it happened by injury (as others in this thread have been).

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;180801]Didn't Trips return from his initial quad injury at Vengeance 2002? QUOTE] if my memory is correct Trips suffered the 1st. quad injury in a tag match beteween himself and stone cold vs. jericho and benoit (jericho and benoit title shot the night after judgement day 2001). stone cold then went on to face jericho and benoit in a triple threat match for his title (Benoit was injuried during the match) then somewhere inbetween steph and trrips had a falling out, trips returned for the rumble, beat angle the night after no way out then beat jericho for the title at mania 18 (steph was with jericho for the match)

Hmm, the thing that I remember is at Vengeance 2002 (which Taker/Rocky/Angle main evented, I believe) there was a huge buzz about Aich returning, and he had to make a decision as to what brand to go to. Then Shawn Michaels, who was working for Raw, came out and swung his decision in Raw's favor. I might be thinking of a different injury though, not sure.

He never returned from a quad injury last year, because he returned from the quad injury in Jan 2002. Proof: [QUOTE]# May 21, 2001 - RAW: Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit defeated Steve Austin & Triple H for the Tag Team titles! # ~~~During the match, Triple H suffers a major injury to his Quadracept, requiring major surgury and 7-8 months rehab.. # January 7, 2002 - RAW: Triple H makes his long awaited return with a new elaborate entrance and WITHOUT Stephanie McMahon.[/QUOTE] Source: Obsessedwithwrestling.com

Update from WWE.com... [QUOTE]Following an MRI with Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala. on Monday, Triple H was diagnosed with a ruptured quadriceps tendon. Officially, The Game suffered a tear of one of the four tendons in his right quadriceps. The injury occurred during DX's match with Rated-RKO at New Year's Revolution. Surgery will be performed on Tuesday in Alabama, and WWE doctor Ferdinand Rios estimates that The Game will need four to six months to rehabilitate the injury. [/QUOTE] So it is serious but not as serious as his whole quad tear those few years ago.

Yeah trips returned from his last injury 5 years ago right before the rumble. He came out in street gear then announced he'd be in the rumble then angle came out saying how no one cared and announced he'd be in the rumble, trips then beat his ass down. That was actually the moment i realized how much I enjoyed trips.

[QUOTE=Marshall;180811]The next question is what do VKM do now? Surely they won't continue to challenge DX to a fight now one of them is hurt? ;)[/QUOTE] If you remember during the mexican poncho angle they ONLY stated that they were going after Michael Hickenbottom at his home. HMMMM?

Archived