British Feds to Watch

Blasphemywebleed

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some Scottish Federations or touring British federations to go watch. I haven't been to a live event apart from the Raw and Smackdown British tour last year for about 8 or 9 years and I really do miss it. I cant even remember the old feds i used to see but they used to be in the linwood centre in Scotland where the Scottish Hammerlock gym now is. My knowledge on British wrestling these days is poor so if anyone can reccomend one to go see and even give me a link to their homepage or whatever that would be great.

i went to see the RAW show last year at Butlins, it was pretty good. The only other fed i have seen in the UK was a touring fed run by a liverpudlian family, perhaps someone a bit more knowledgeable would know who they are, but they had a nice roster, it tends to vary but i have seen Gangrel, the bushwackers, Chris hero - some of the matche's are hard to watch but some of it is entertaining, i even saw someone get put through a table once (albeit the weakest table in furniture history)

[QUOTE=panix04;180617]i went to see the RAW show last year at Butlins, it was pretty good. The only other fed i have seen in the UK was a touring fed run by a liverpudlian family, perhaps someone a bit more knowledgeable would know who they are, but they had a nice roster, it tends to vary but i have seen Gangrel, the bushwackers, Chris hero - some of the matche's are hard to watch but some of it is entertaining, i even saw someone get put through a table once (albeit the weakest table in furniture history)[/QUOTE] Ahh good old Ikea furniture, easy on the old limbs. Yeah Raw was fun, i'm not a big fan of Smackdown but it was my first WWE shows ever, i was gutted not to go back in the good old days with Bret Hart, Owen etc. My family actually planned to go to Vegas for wrestlemania 9 which would have been fantastic but my Grandad passed away near the time. But we did manage to sell the 6 tickets for enough to pretty much buy a new car lol. I went to see a show when i was about 10, so say around 11 years ago in Blackpool and there was this guy with a Roadrunner animal style gimmick complete with poorly drawn spider on his forehead, and one of the upper mid card matches was him getting beaten off a guy that must have been in his 70's cheesy but entertaining as hell. The main event was their champion jobbing to Rick Martel but then the ref calling a disqualification so Rick won the match but not the title <-- dont think WWF would have wanted it anyway. But it was a great night, anyone know who this fed was? probably bust now.

BritWres in Scotland, never seen any myself but apparently there's quite the scene up their despite its size. [URL="http://scottishwrestling.co.uk/"]http://scottishwrestling.co.uk/[/URL] [URL="http://www.bcwwrestling.co.uk/"]http://www.bcwwrestling.co.uk/[/URL] I shall add more when I can find the links :). [QUOTE]i went to see the RAW show last year at Butlins, it was pretty good. The only other fed i have seen in the UK was a touring fed run by a liverpudlian family, perhaps someone a bit more knowledgeable would know who they are.[/QUOTE] Sounds like All Star Wrestling. [QUOTE]dont think WWF would have wanted it anyway. But it was a great night, anyone know who this fed was? probably bust now.[/QUOTE] That was probably All Star as well, the biggest and most successful promotion in Europe. There's loads of good BritWres out there, you've just got to look a little harder to find it. Of course there's some bad stuff too and usually when people see the bad they think thats what every BritWres show is gonna be like, which isnt the case.

[QUOTE=flamebrain;180816]I went to uni with Eric Canyon. Didn't know he was wrestling until I saw him at a show, nearly choked on my drink! :) Adam Shame used to be in Vienna's in Paisley quite alot too.[/QUOTE] Yeah Adam Same frequents Solid in Glasgow and i've also seen him in Fury's and the Crowbar in Paisley as well. Ah good old Vienna's the fleshbin for when times get desperate.

Archived