sean davis' dive

panix04

There are a few options they could take to stop all this diving nonsense: 1. Two referees, four lines men. Split them between the two halves of the pitch so they can have a better view. 2. Allow the ref access to video replays, why not have them? It'd stop umpteen controversial penalties in all competitions. 3. Astronomical fines for players who have clearly cheated. That'd soon make players think twice about diving.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;180691]Yeah it was funny, but I bet Pompey are still angry at Spurs for the dive in the last game; [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oM7od-y_5U&mode=related&search=[/url] It's disgusting. The FA needs to clamp down hard on cheats.[/QUOTE] Is it me or is the referee in that clip Alan Pardew? :D

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;180694]There are a few options they could take to stop all this diving nonsense: 1. Two referees, four lines men. Split them between the two halves of the pitch so they can have a better view. 2. Allow the ref access to video replays, why not have them? It'd stop umpteen controversial penalties in all competitions. 3. Astronomical fines for players who have clearly cheated. That'd soon make players think twice about diving.[/QUOTE] I agree with points 2 & 3 100% but the first one wouldnt really be needed if video replays were used. I think the FA and SFA need to clamp down on exactly who can become a refferee rather than anyone who passes a fitness test. Refereeing is a hard job due to both player and crowd pressure so I think player fines for red cards, diving hassling the ref i.e asking a player to be booked would be a step forward. On another note does anyone agree that if a player is tripped and they go down and grab the ball to claim for a foul should be treated as a hand ball? I mean in Scotland there are about 5 fouls per game that wouldnt have been given but the Referee gives it cos the player that went down grabbed the ball and the game cant continue.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;180703] On another note does anyone agree that if a player is tripped and they go down and grab the ball to claim for a foul should be treated as a hand ball? I mean in Scotland there are about 5 fouls per game that wouldnt have been given but the Referee gives it cos the player that went down grabbed the ball and the game cant continue.[/QUOTE] definatly, that really grate's me, when people used to do it in a Sunday leage game i'd kick them for it. How i managed to go through 5 seasons with only 2 bookings is beyond me!

[QUOTE=panix04;180709]definatly, that really grate's me, when people used to do it in a Sunday leage game i'd kick them for it. How i managed to go through 5 seasons with only 2 bookings is beyond me![/QUOTE] Ha ha tell me about it, I played through 4 years of school and i'm currently in my 4th season of Juniors and i've never been booked for a foul, challenge or handball. I've only ever been booked for complaining to the referee or abusive language. Juniors is a funny old game. My team has finished in the bottom 6 for the last 7 years running and now we are 13 points clear at the top of the league. And to make it even more embarassing I was stripped of my captaincy at the end of the last season for unproffesional behaviour (too drunk to attend practice one week) so the boys are giving me pelters saying it has been my fault for the last 3 years.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;180712]Ha ha tell me about it, I played through 4 years of school and i'm currently in my 4th season of Juniors and i've never been booked for a foul, challenge or handball. I've only ever been booked for complaining to the referee or abusive language. Juniors is a funny old game. My team has finished in the bottom 6 for the last 7 years running and now we are 13 points clear at the top of the league. And to make it even more embarassing I was stripped of my captaincy at the end of the last season for unproffesional behaviour (too drunk to attend practice one week) so the boys are giving me pelters saying it has been my fault for the last 3 years.[/QUOTE] I never got to play t school, i started playing at about 15, i hated sport until i was about 13. I was quite a quick player and spent my 1st season in saturday league coming on for the last 20minutes as a winger. These days i play at centre half 'cos im fat and slow! I got made captain a few time's though because i do like to shout a lot! Now im a bit older i love playing against young, quick wingers and intimidating them to the point were they won't try and take you on anymore. When i was 17 people used to do it to me, so i guess its kinda like a rite of passage! I still remember my first goal, we were 2-1 down playing against Victoria rangers and chesiek hit a 40 yard cross field pass to me, midway into the opposition half, to my suprise i actually controlled it! I saw Nico (our leading striker) make a dart into the box so i tried to pick out his head with a lofted cross, all i saw was the ball fall gracefully into the back of the net! probably one of the greatest goals that was never a shot! MY celebration was described by our gaffer as "you were like a howling banshee, i have never known anyone to look as suprised to have scored before"

Sounds good lol. My first ever goal was for my school, it was pouring of rain and we couldnt see 2 feet in front of us. I have played defensive midfield all my life. The ball got passed back to me and we started every game the same id play a high ball behind the defense for the strikers to chase (still do it to this day but never with the same results) anyway this time i was a bit slow controlling it and wanted to take it forward a bit to compensate for the rain so i take on their striker in the centre cirlce i play the ball past him got caugh by his trailing leg, stumbled trying to get my balance and played my ball to the stikers, i completely mis-kick and the ball launches from my foot at around chest height, it bounces just inside their box and straight threw the keepers arms, i was already on my way back to my position so i didnt see it hit the net, shame really. I have a poor scoring rate with just 9 goals in 4 years but i have a very healthy assist rate of around 25 per season, its not that i dont like scoring, its just i'm too fat and lazy to venture that far up the park, never scored any screamers really, one sticks to mind when i was just outside their box on the left hand side, i saw our stiker loitering at their back post so hit it with the outside of my right foot it soars over their keeper and got lodged in the triangle at the corner of the post where the net hangs. All my gaffer said was "what kind of F*cking cross was that? how was Stevie meant to get his head on that" Thats gratitude for you

our manager (ricky wood) was a psycho, his motto was "if you aint kicking, elbowing, pinching an biting. You aint trying" i saw him get sent off once for crunching this striker who i went school with, so he was about 19 at the time. He sat on the side line and slated every single thing the referee done and quite aggresively too! Poor ref looked like he was going to cry!

See i'm from a small town about 3,000 people at most so everyones kinda friendly around our town, theres no friction in the dressing room and the gaffer buys you pints after games (probably why we finished bottom 6 7 years running). But as soon as another teams involed Tom (the gaffer) goes nuts and wants you to start killing people. I'm a fair kinda guy and if i bring someone down i'll pick them up, then after the game tom will ask me "why didnt you stand on him", get back to our own town and its "yeah George fair play to you, your a gentleman on the park" Its bloody scary.

We did begin to develop a bit of a rep for being a dirty side and we revelled in it to be honest. You couldn't beat the team spirit we had, we were beating teams far better than ourselve's just by wanting it more (either that or we'd kick lumps out of 'em!) Despite all the aggressive game's we played in, i never once saw anything get carried on once the whistle was blown, it seemed eerie at time's, but i have seen punch's thrown and the same guy's shake hands after the match! Bizzare!

Cena won, it really does make Umaga's push seem pointless now! Had they put the strap on him they could have re-juventated Cena as a man trying to conquer an un-beatable foe, now from a storyline perspective, Umaga has whiped his backside on everyone on the roster and yet he can't beat Cena, so who exactly does pose a realistic threat to Cena?

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;180765]Shelton's Momma.[/QUOTE] I would normally laugh and pass that off as a joke but this is the WWE writers we are talking about :rolleyes: lol Panix I agree with you but I just dont see why Umaga got the push he got in the first place, with the Big Show on hiatus it just seemed like they were looking for another "unmovable object" but in all fairness i think they should have nipped it in the bud a few months back and have Eugene kick his ass.

Archived