Two issues: lack of intense matches and risky moves

This is the message which I get at every Coastal Zone Championship event: Fans are unhappy because of the lack of intensity in the matches and of th elack of risky moves. I've tried everything from booking longer matches to having ladder and barbed wire matches but nothing has helped so far. Any ideas?

And once again this issue rears it's ugly head. Basically you need to go to your product section and play with the sliders marked "Intensity" and "Danger". That's it. Don't over think this. You just play with the sliders until you find a setting the game is happy with. No strategy. No thinking. Just play with the sliders. And no, there are NO official guidelines or help files on how to do this. Enjoy.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;180802]No strategy. No thinking. Just play with the sliders. [/QUOTE] I don't think that's correct at all, there is strategy to how high or low you want them, it effects your product and the wrestlers performing. Both Intensity and Danger are explained in the help files BTW. I thought when it says that you are lacking intensity in the matches that it'd be clear that you change the Intensity stat, but clearly not - i'll ammend the help files for future releases.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;180802]Basically you need to go to your product section and play with the sliders marked "Intensity" and "Danger". That's it. Don't over think this. You just play with the sliders until you find a setting the game is happy with. No strategy. No thinking. Just play with the sliders. And no, there are NO official guidelines or help files on how to do this.[/QUOTE] Wow, just a little bit cranky? Seriously I've found that the sliders do have a lot of effect and there is a good deal of strategy. The fans don't want a specific percentage of either. They have a range of values they will find acceptable. And the exact value while it might not matter to the fans, does affect the product. Higher intensity will tire wrestlers faster (they will be putting more effort into the show. Just as if you had them do an "All-out match") Higher danger means a much greater chance of a worker getting hurt, even in a low impact match. (a standard 1 v 1 match at low danger might have nothing more dangerous than a powerbomb. a standard 1 v 1 match at 60% danger probably means moonsaults and/or piledrivers. a standard 1 v 1 match at 100% will have any move no matter how risky it might be to the performers.) So you have to find the right spot for your promotion, that the fans like, but which also works with the wrestlers you have. In my dynasty I never mention it, but I've ended up with an intensity around 15%, but the danger is 60% (if I'm remembering correctly, haven't checked and not playing right this second.) Fortunately I haven't had any injuries, despite my cruiserweights and other high flyers being told that going for high spots is encouraged.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;180936]It depends on what your product is. If you've got a product that is very sedate and old fashioned, then 25% may be too high. Try 20%, or try making your promotion a little more modern.[/QUOTE] Quick (and pretty obvious) question regarding the last statement - you just mean on a general level, correct? B/C when you go to edit the style of the promotion basically you are just editing what the style is called... you have to book & adjust the other sliders to what you want and theoretically you could call the style "Ham Salad." Just making sure I'm not missing one key pulldown that would change the whole direction of the fed/expectation of the fans.

[QUOTE=Kurei;180940]Wouldn't this have anything to do with your workers' intensity?[/QUOTE] No. And Skywalker, like Adam said, it depends on what the rest of your product is. No one can help you figure it out with just "15% and 5%, still no change". The more Modern your product, the more intensity and danger you can get away with. If your fans are expecting matches with the intensity and danger of powder puff football, they're not going to like workers acting like Sabu. edit: If your fans are complaining about a LACK of intensity and danger, you RAISE it, not lower it.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;180810]I don't think that's correct at all, there is strategy to how high or low you want them, it effects your product and the wrestlers performing. Both Intensity and Danger are explained in the help files BTW. I thought when it says that you are lacking intensity in the matches that it'd be clear that you change the Intensity stat, but clearly not - i'll ammend the help files for future releases.[/QUOTE] A little more specifics may reduce the number off these threads from coming up. For example, which product ratings actually affect Intensity? Is is just Modern? Or does relism, Pure or others do anything? Same for Danger. Right now it's very unclear. Having said that, what Skywaker did was the more intuitive response. Fans want more danger? Book more dangerous matches. For a newb, without actually reading every help file first there is no reason to think that adjusting a slider in the product section will make your fans happy about intensity or danger in matches.

[QUOTE=Khaless;181421]@skywalker1976 Shouldn't you RAISE the percentage when it's saying there's a lack of intensity/danger?[/QUOTE] I don't know anymore- I'm a little confused right now... But what if I/ we take another aproach. If I get those messages what should I book differently to make the fans happy?

[QUOTE=Skywalker1976;181618]I don't know anymore- I'm a little confused right now... But what if I/ we take another aproach. If I get those messages what should I book differently to make the fans happy?[/QUOTE] Skywalker: raise your match intensity and danger to levels higher than they were at the beginning. [B][I]Lack of[/I][/B] intensity and high spots means your original values were too low. There is nothing you can book differently to appease the fans. They want more intense matches and more high spots. Try Intensity 60, Danger 60 for starters and then see how your crowd reacts. That's what the default value is for CZCW in the database.

I've had a similar problem as this in my diary game: When I started, I had the intensity turned too far up and the danger turned down too far and after my first show, I was told things were too intense and the fans wanted more dangerous spots. So I started fiddling. At the next show, I got the same message. Then I really messed with things and got a warning that if I saved the changes, I would drive fans away with my new style and did I want to proceed? Not understanding what that meant (I thought it said there was a chance this would happen, not that it definitely would), I said yes. Now I was really screwed: the matches were still too intense and now they were too dangerous as well. So I went back and fiddled one last time. I finally found the "sweet spot" for my promotion, but I damaged my overness so badly that the promotion dropped in size.

I started the game with my promotion set for the way I THOUGHT I'd be producing it. I was more than sligtly off the mark. I continued running shows the way I wanted to run shows, and tweaked the product settings as I went along. Eventually, I settled into a pretty good setting. I loved it. It is a testament to the depth of the game.

Archived