21CW: We Hope You Enjoy Your Stay

[FONT="Tahoma"]On the WrestleWire radio show: Hollie Pearce: [COLOR="Magenta"]‘So what are your thoughts on the situation?’[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]‘My thoughts? I think that it’s a pretty shameful exploitation of our company. Let’s face it, British wrestling has never really had the widespread acceptance that it deserves, and a knock-on effect of that is that many companies in the UK flounder wildly for much of their duration, and so as a wrestler, holding out for more money is an appallingly selfish and arrogant act. If a company goes bust because some w*****, and I know you’ll censor that, drains its money away, they have taken jobs away from their colleagues. The guys in the back work their asses off week in, week out, and to have their career negatively affected by some arrogant tosser is sickening. Now, I realise that this kind of thing sounds strange coming from me, because I am always the bad guy when I step out from that curtain. But I am the 21CW champion, and I am therefore representative of 21CW, so these things need to be said. I don’t care if your name is Tommy Cornell, Sean McFly, Richard Eisen or Adam Matravers, in this industry you do what is best for the business, and furthermore your colleagues and the fans. I hold this title with pride, because even when the fans boo me, I know that they respect me and appreciate my performance. And for that I would like to say God bless each and every one of you. There is no doubt that you need an attitude to grab the fans’ attention, but you need to leave that ego in the arena. Adam Matravers is leaving 21CW in the next few days, and, as much as I have honestly enjoyed working with him these past six months, I say good riddance. When Jeff Nova told us that our champion was leaving, he instantly came to me to retake my position at the top, as he knew he could rely on me and trust me not to walk out that door a month after giving me the strap. So I say good luck to Adam, but I also say we don’t need him. We are the revolution, and as long as my name is Joss Thompson I swear I will do my all to make sure this company succeeds and prevails above arrogant w****** like Adam. Thank you.’[/COLOR][/FONT]

From prowrestlezone.crn: [CENTER][SIZE="4"]21CW Rift…[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/JoseThompson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/AdamMatravers.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] A huge chasm has been ripped between the two top stars of British promotion 21CW last night after Joss Thompson’s controversial comments regarding Adam Matravers on Hollie Pearce’s WrestleWire radio show. Thompson expressed his disgust at the imminent departure of Adam Matravers from the company, stating that Matravers’ exit was over a money dispute. Thompson is renowned for his acid tongue, but his impassioned speech was especially venomous, but his points were extremely poignant. If the money rumours are to be believed, we could speculate that Matravers has become slightly egomaniacal with his title victory over Thompson at 21CW Evolved. With the title back on the shoulder his shoulder, Thompson had nothing especially pleasant to say about his kayfabe nemesis. With Matravers’ exit, it will be interesting to see who is elevated to the top rung, with Johnny Breeze, Travis Cool and others all vying for that top face spot. Interestingly enough, Matravers’ girlfriend, the current manager of Thompson, recently resigned with the company, and is tied to the promotion for a further 9 months. It will be interesting what role she will play over this period. It seems that the times are changing once again for 21CW. [SIZE="1"]Reporter: AJ Myles[/SIZE]

Archived