Promotions out of business?

I dont remember the year, but I know in my almost three year game with Mexico Premier Wrestling Federation(that I deleted some hours ago frustrated at some developments that left me in deeper holes than before), WEXX(or whatever the japaneese garbage fed's name is), JEF(an european promotion that opens up in the first months of the game) and believe it or not, CGC(the DeColts promotion) had gone out of business and there where rumors(which always end up being true after some time) that WLW(the japaneese lucha fed) and AAA(the american women fed) where about to go under as well. Also a new mexican promotion based on hardcore lucha opened up and ran an entire year without workers or even running a show. Weird.

In my converted '05 game, 666 Wrestling went out about 6 - 8 months in(like it did in 05) and the great WWE fell down to Cult and doesn't have any signs of going back up. They dropped the brands, lost ECW about 3 months in and then lost RAW and Smackdown in one day. They're sinking faster than the Titanic, and that's without me doing anything. I'm running my own company. WSX is starting to go out but hasn't yet along with NWA Alabama and Top Rope Wrestling which probably have about 4 to 6 months before they go out.

The Japanese touring promotions that aren't BHOTWG and PGHW usually go bankrupt within a year or two due to their cost issues. The official 1.2 patch should help that problem. Besides that, it's the undercapitalized promotions like JEF and WEXXV that wind up eBaying their ring and equipment.

WEXXV, XWJ, 5SSW, JEF, GCG, UCR and ROF. Can you imagine that? :D both Wrestling Industry and Economic levels were F- to E for very long time everywhere but in the US. So it's reasonable I think. AAA was in the verge of bankrupt, but they made it somehow. GCG and UCR were in Cult-level, and stil bankrupted..that surprised me.

JEF, NYCW, ROF, UCR, GCG and WLW after a year and 9 months into the game. Also because I like to fool around with the editor, I gave 5SSW one more digit on their money and they're now national size, somehow Rhode Island Pro Wrestling is Global sized(not sure if I cancelled their agreement with SWF), TCW/SWF are also Global. I also edited the death of PGHW to see what'd happen, Akinori Kwakami is the Burning World Champion, other PGHWers there are: Mito Miwa and BURNING Koiso. I changed GCG in the editor to KP1(my promotion) and changed myself to GCG, making an unofficial but totally awesome merger of GCG, KP1, PGHW and WLW to reform the greatest promotion that ever lived near it's highest form(National with A Shows.) Ken Shimedzu, the last GCG Champion and Natsu Miyamae, the last PGHW Champion are both in the chase for the championship pulling of A* matches with Kunomasu, this all leads to my next show.. The Annual Elite Series! :D Rant done.

[QUOTE=Dwight Mighton;181313]Also because I like to fool around with the editor, I gave 5SSW one more digit on their money and they're now national size, somehow Rhode Island Pro Wrestling is Global sized(not sure if I cancelled their agreement with SWF), TCW/SWF are also Global.[/QUOTE] You had to have cancelled their child agreement with SWF. I believe Adam said that the fix for child promotions breaking off from their parents was to cap the child promotion's size. So in that instance, RIPW could get the popularity to reach Global but they'd never actually BE global because they're the child promotion of SWF. I could be misremembering though.

No american promotions in my game, but ROF, JEF, UCR, EEWW, WEXXW, GCG and 5SSW all have closed in the 2.5 years I've been playing. The economy has been miserable everywhere except the US, and now it looks like The US is going to feel the pain as its to D- economy and dropping fast.

Archived