Karen Bilous "feeling isolate"

I know this is about language barriers and such, but thing is . . . Well, Karen Bilous [i]has no language skills[/i]. Was this is oversight when creating her character, or is she just supposed to be like retarded and not know how to talk or something? Or is it something else I'm missing? Because I see no way around this problem since I can't hire anyone for her to talk to.

the language skills don't show up until they are at least passable. If you go to "Track progress" you'll see she has basic skills in English and German. Unfortunately she'll still end up feeling slightly isolated until she gets at least passable in a language others in your lockerroom speak.

[QUOTE=Anubis;181066]Well, Karen Bilous [i]has no language skills[/i]. Was this is oversight when creating her character, or is she just supposed to be like retarded and not know how to talk or something? Or is it something else I'm missing? [/QUOTE] I think it's more due to the fact she's from the Ukraine and probably speaks Ukrainian, which as I'm sure you're aware isn't represented in the game engine. However if you hire people from Eastern Europe then it's probably best to consider that maybe, just maybe they won't be fluent in English.

[QUOTE=kettley;181115]I think it's more due to the fact she's from the Ukraine and probably speaks Ukrainian, which as I'm sure you're aware isn't represented in the game engine. However if you hire people from Eastern Europe then it's probably best to consider that maybe, just maybe they won't be fluent in English.[/QUOTE] It may be just me, but German seems to be the substitute Adam decided to use for Russian/Ukrainian, since he didn't take my advice to add Russian as a language. It is kinda strange, though...

Okay, this is ridiculous. Her morale is now so low she's arriving late and then accusing me of victimizing her for using the "Warn" punishment. How long does it take for her to get a language skill? It's been a few months already. Or is this girl just completely useless?

[QUOTE=Anubis;182381]Okay, this is ridiculous. Her morale is now so low she's arriving late and then accusing me of victimizing her for using the "Warn" punishment. How long does it take for her to get a language skill? It's been a few months already. Or is this girl just completely useless?[/QUOTE] How does she complain then? Grunt and point?

Yes, the jokes are all very funny. Despite that, after all the laughter, this problem [i]is[/i] a real one I am having. I appreciate the funny jokes, I always like a good laugh, and there have been some classics here regarding this chick. Now then, is there anyone with some idea of what I can do about it? I mean, the jokes are okay and all, but sprinkling some help might be pretty awesome *hint hint* . . . :D

Maybe your best bet is just to get rid of her? Seriously, if you've gotten her somewhat over in your area and she's got talent, maybe someone else could sign her and then she'd be a headache for them until she learns English or some other language. Otherwise, you could try signing one or two more people with speech impediments, if there are any more, and see if she doesn't feel more comfortable with them. She could also do with a name change, as could a lot of so-called Ukranian workers in the game. Unless Adam was just going for the Americanization of the names. Still, she should probably be called Catherine or Karina. And I really don't think that Bilous is a Ukranian last name. Meh, that not really the problem, though.

[QUOTE=Akki;182478]She could also do with a name change, as could a lot of so-called Ukranian workers in the game. Unless Adam was just going for the Americanization of the names. Still, she should probably be called Catherine or Karina. And I really don't think that Bilous is a Ukranian last name. Meh, that not really the problem, though.[/QUOTE] Given that she's named after a friend of mine who is Ukranian, I can definitely state that the name is accurate.

Archived