Tonight's RAW

weirdo_man

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he is the main problem for anyone that has him. His huge ego gets in the way. And I'm sure all of you know, but Rosie and Donald were Kiley and Ace Steel :) If let wrestle they probably could have put on the best match of the night. BTW why can't people just watch TNA AND Raw/ECW/SmackDown. They aren't competing for ratings, so nobody cares who YOU think is better. I, for one, watch R/E/S and iMPACT. I'm also going to a ROH show lol, I think we're blessed that theres even that much wrestling on TV. Crap > nothing at all. AND - If you go to WWE and chant "TNA" what have you accomplished. Hmm, you gave the WWE your money. Congratulations!!!

[QUOTE=ubernoobDXA;182441]Because he is the main problem for anyone that has him. His huge ego gets in the way. And I'm sure all of you know, but Rosie and Donald were Kiley and Ace Steel :) If let wrestle they probably could have put on the best match of the night. BTW why can't people just watch TNA AND Raw/ECW/SmackDown. They aren't competing for ratings, so nobody cares who YOU think is better. I, for one, watch R/E/S and iMPACT. I'm also going to a ROH show lol, I think we're blessed that theres even that much wrestling on TV. Crap > nothing at all. AND - If you go to WWE and chant "TNA" what have you accomplished. Hmm, you gave the WWE your money. Congratulations!!![/QUOTE] I believe there is a small possibility that the chanting of "TNA" at WWE events could help the WWE open their eyes and see that a smaller promotion is putting on better shows and displaying more talent and taste than the WWE (not hard to do right now). Vince and Co. may realize that fans are beginning to appreciate the higher quality, more realistic matches and angles TNA has to offer and that TNA is getting more attention for these reasons. WWE would have no choice but to shake things up and put in a little more effort if they had some type of competition, even though TNA will probably NEVER match the popularity of WWE. I'd love to see both promotions go all out to give us an entire week of entertaining wrestling on TV.

[QUOTE=Raveneffect21;182959]Yea because WWF was really screwed in 98 :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Hmmm, he's got ya there Gaz. :p A more accurate statement would be: Anybody who hires Vince Russo as booker without also having somebody watch over him to filter out his good ideas from his bad ideas, is screwed. Thus far, the only company to have made that particular mistake was WCW.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;181173]So did anyone else enjoy the boring chants during that **** with Fatty and Trumpy? I was hoping for a TNA chant. They should have had Umaga come down and beat both of them down to end it. Well, wait, that might have been a face turn.[/QUOTE] They had TNA chants. I heard them

[QUOTE=The Gaz;182978]WWF was still losing the Monday Night Ratings War to WCW until the end of 1998. It was statistically still one of their worst ever years. .!., (>_<) .!., ;)[/QUOTE] 1998 was the year Austin won the belt at WM14. They began winning the ratings war and went back and forth with the WWE winning the majority of weeks in the latter half of 1998. Austin was at his most popular in terms of money being drawn and merchandise moving in addition to DX turning face with X-Pac coming in and that unit also became very popular. The Rock also came on strong and by September he was being groomed for the main event and won the belt at Survivor Series: Deadly Game that year. It was one of their best years ever.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=ubernoobDXA;183098]Yeah, because we know the 1.0 rating TNA normally pulls in really matters to the E ;) For TNA to be taken seriously more people need to watch, and TNA isn't doing anything to pull new fans in.[/QUOTE] Think of it like this, people chanting TNA at a WWE event will get the marks to want to check out TNA because they want to see why it is having people chanting.

[QUOTE=The Aussie;183732]Think of it like this, people chanting TNA at a WWE event will get the marks to want to check out TNA because they want to see why it is having people chanting.[/QUOTE] No they wont. Theyl just think "What idiots". Just like I would. I mean they paid WWE for the tickets to be there and they are trying to **** all over WWE. As much as Im not found of TNA, as if I would give any money to the scroungers at TNA just to chant WWE. Im sure it would work better at a TNA event as the arena is so tiny youd could hear a mouse squeek. Around 50 TNA fans turned up in Texas hoping to see the VKM - HBK scrap. Apparently that was the whole audience from the last TNA show. Ouch.

[QUOTE=The Aussie;183732]Think of it like this, people chanting TNA at a WWE event will get the marks to want to check out TNA because they want to see why it is having people chanting.[/QUOTE] Honestly, it's probably having an opposing reaction... The only people that seem to be interested are TNA fans already. WWE fans that have watched TNA, or know about them, seem to be totally turned off by it. I can't say for sure that's the case, but it sure seems that way around my neck of the woods. I go to work, and ask, "Did you see TNA last night, I missed it?" and the few that were watching it says "I can't stand that VKM thing anymore, there even hiring people to chant it at WWE shows now" "I haven't watched TNA since they started that VKM thing, they just got dumb" From people that do like TNA, I have even had similar thoughts told to me. Stuff like "I used to like TNA alot, but they are pulling away from why I used to like it. I might as well be watching another WWE brand." Which is different from the hardcore TNA fans on this board. Or, maybe they just can't stand the WWE fans picking on them, so they stick up for TNA alot more then they would if you were standing side by side, and having a real discussion on it, instead of a forum discussion.

[QUOTE=The Gaz;183765]No they wont. Theyl just think "What idiots". Just like I would. I mean they paid WWE for the tickets to be there and they are trying to **** all over WWE. As much as Im not found of TNA, as if I would give any money to the scroungers at TNA just to chant WWE. Im sure it would work better at a TNA event as the arena is so tiny youd could hear a mouse squeek. Around 50 TNA fans turned up in Texas hoping to see the VKM - HBK scrap. Apparently that was the whole audience from the last TNA show. Ouch.[/QUOTE] Actually watch the video. Considering most of them were wearing DX shirts and had DX signs, and the YouTube page had people who were there bashing VKM for being too cowardly to show up, the majority of them were probably WWE fans. Honestly I think people take VKM WAY too seroiusly. It's just tounge-in-cheek humor and to give something VKM to do since their strong plot is skits and not wrestling. I seriously doubt TNA or VKM are expecting WWE or DX for that matter to even acknowledge the matter. I personally think a lot of the segments have been humorous. And they only take up about 1-2 minutes of the show, it's not like it's a 30 minute parody that we're so use to seeing in WWE. Back to the matter at hand, I haven't really watched WWE on a full level for quite a few months now. I did watch RAW for the whole Trump & Rosie ordeal, just because I was curious to how the fans would react. I thought the reaction was hillarious, and seeing Vince McMahon all slumped in the corner of the camera view, looking absolutely embarrassed was just gold. I see no problem with the fans chanting TNA, remember during Nitro when there were signs that said "WHY'D I PAY FOR THIS?!", "I'D RATHER BE AT RAW!", or "RUSSO PAID FOR ME TO BE HERE!!"?

[QUOTE=The Gaz;183765]No they wont. Theyl just think "What idiots". Just like I would. I mean they paid WWE for the tickets to be there and they are trying to **** all over WWE. As much as Im not found of TNA, as if I would give any money to the scroungers at TNA just to chant WWE. Im sure it would work better at a TNA event as the arena is so tiny youd could hear a mouse squeek. Around 50 TNA fans turned up in Texas hoping to see the VKM - HBK scrap. Apparently that was the whole audience from the last TNA show. Ouch.[/QUOTE] Gaz, just to letyou know, the Impact Zone packs them in each and every taping and the PPV's usually have to turn people away. Detroit was FILLED with people for Bound For Glory, so saying that TNA cant draw is just ignorant. Now, dont get me wrong, Im not one of those TNA fans that say TNA cant do wrong. TNA can be 10 times better than they are right now, but so can the WWE. The only reason the WWE pulls in those 4.0 ratings is because the WWE is a MARKETING MACHINE! There product is plastered all over the place and the casual fans (who most of them would not know a hammerlock from a headlock) watch for the sexual orentated segments, and lots of blood. I had a couple of friends who were going to to to the Raw in the Mohegan Sun arena out here in CT, but were only interested to see the girls jiggle. These are not real wrestling fans and the WWE does not cater anymore to the real wrestling fans. Back in the day the WWE use to have a fantastic mix of sexy angles, comedy, intriguing storylines and GREAT WRESTLING. Now-a-days its all about the sex and stupid angles. At least on the TNA PPV's we get great matches each and every time. However back to were I started this rant, both TNA AND the WWE could stand a shot in the arm. Wrestling in general is not as hot as it was 8 years ago. Just my two cents and if I know Gaz like I think I know Gaz, Im going to get a huge rant back about how TNA sucks and how the WWE is soooooooooo much better:D Who loves ya brother!

Haha, I watched RAW AM the other day cause I was curious to see how WWE would edit the chants. Sure enough, the "We want wrestling!", "VKM", "Booooring!", and "TNA" chants were all edited out into huge cheers when Trump got offense and huge boos when Rosie got offense. Then when Trump won the match, they made it like a Hogan-esque pop.

Umm hello? So i just felt like it was important to post this. In response to the GAZ on page 2, who mentioned that having Russo on a booking team means you are screwed. To remind you Vince Russo is responsibile for the Attitude era WWF/E, the reason that WWF eventually beat WCW. Aside from his complete failure in WCW after he left, as it was less his fault and much more the fault of AOL time Warner removing Ted Turner from the board and hence cutting funding to keep talent in the promotion. No, in fact rusoo is a genius and from what i understand he is a much better person to work with in TNA given his past experience and now that he is on a committee with two other intelligent bookers, TNA has sick booking. I just can't wait until they get 2 hours on TV.

TNA has ZERO chance of competing with WWE until TNA gets 2 hours in prime-time. I do believe I've actually heard JBL talk about WRESTLING on Smackdown recently instead of "Sports Entertainment". I for one would love to see more WRESTLING. Tits and ASS are EVERYWHERE and there's nothing wrong with that, but at a WRESTLING show, I like to see WRESTLING. One last thing, I like watching TNA, and I like the X-division stuff, but I don't want a whole show of SPOTS.

Wasn't Russo primarily responsible for the "Young Blood" angle that was going on in WCW at one point. I thought that had a whole bunch of potential, but if I remember right, didn't he get canned while that whole thing was building? Or was it just the fact that Vince purchased the company? I have a tendency to blur things together at my advanced age! :D

Why WCW Fell Well yes Russo was the main writer for the young blood angle that had a lot of potential, though when push came to shove, there was not much of a viable talented roster for YB to fight towards the end. What really killed WCW was all the great talent that shifted to WWF for the $$$ or because they weren't being pushed enough. For example : Chris Jericho-quite possibly one of the best gimmick wreslters and microphone artists, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrerro, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, just to name a few. After a lot of that talent left and when Raven went back to ECW, WCW was doomed as most of it's talent became old worn-out wrestlers who couldn't compare to the likes of benoit and Jericho in thier peak years in 2000 talent wise. A lot of the problems started to happen when Jericho was left as a midcard for so long. The 5 previously mentioned talents-what i remember off the top of my head- were some of the best prospects for WCW future as Upper-mids mostly. WCW too long fell onto the shoulders of Nash, DDP, Sting, Hogan, and Flair, all who were getting older. Not to mention a lot of the YB talent wasn't anything too spectacular and most weren't very well pre-established. Also what killed WCW was angles with David Flair and David Arquette-quite possibly the worst ever, even worse than Trump V. Rosie were the Arquette angles/matches. One thing i would have done in the WCW would be to set off a huge feud that would culminate in the destruction of the nWo and set off a domination by the YB while focusing on 2 or 3 of the talents, only to 6 months er so later-after a long time domnation of YB- bring back an nWo type face group that uses heel tactics to win. But you know this wouldn't fly with the nWo guys. Not to mention what i wrote in my previous post with the adoption of the WCW into the 'television' department of AOL-Time Warner instead of the sport division, which cut thier funding-something that happened when Ted Turner left his chair position. AOL-Time warner ruined WCW, don't be blind to that. O mean they sold WCW for $7 mil to WWF-most of thier top card talent could have bought it for that price, just to juxtapose the situation.

Speaking of the cost of WCW, that isn't exactly how I heard it. Maybe someone can clarify it. The 7 Million was how much it was to buy the Promotion......But it come with baggage.... Meaning there was alot more then 7 million that WCW owed in expence's that the WWF had to pick up. I heard it was an outragious amount. I know Ric Flair has been said to say something like "If I knew they were going to sell it for that, I would have bought it!", as well as other ones. The bottum line is, they really wouldn't have been able to afford it because of the back bills that WCW had not paid. They could have gave it away, and it would have cost (backbills) too much for most the stars back then. The deal was the WWF would pay all their bills, and give them 7 million.... They should be very happy to have got a penny.

Archived