Tonight's RAW

weirdo_man

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Jonfun;186105]What makes you think that? Also last nights Raw 15th Jan was a lot better than last weeks.[/QUOTE] As soon as they started the Edge and RKO rant at the top of the walkway about how they were going to destroy Shawn Michaels and then dragged out Hacksaw to supposedly beat him with a chair I turned off last nights Raw. I absolutely despise the gratuitous use of chairs or other "hardcore" items on downed wrestlers. Its a pure case of "Assault with a deadly weapon" and the writers need to consider that. I don't mind if during a match a chair is used to win, but once the match is over, get rid of the bloody chairshots.

[QUOTE=mvargus;186173]As soon as they started the Edge and RKO rant at the top of the walkway about how they were going to destroy Shawn Michaels and then dragged out Hacksaw to supposedly beat him with a chair I turned off last nights Raw. I absolutely despise the gratuitous use of chairs or other "hardcore" items on downed wrestlers. Its a pure case of "Assault with a deadly weapon" and the writers need to consider that. I don't mind if during a match a chair is used to win, but once the match is over, get rid of the bloody chairshots.[/QUOTE] ITS NOT REAL, its called getting the heals over so it gets people like you pissed off LOL.

I'd like to see Raw follow up on the Carlito angle from last night - they had a massive oppurtunity to turn him into a mega star with a feud with Vince, only to get squashed by the useless Khali. I just sensed that they have a chance to finally elevate Carly into the top tier, and with the roster currently very stale, a mix-around would be very much welcome. Given the chance, I see Carlito becoming a huge part of the 'E's main event scene. He's got charisma, a unique look and his in ring skills have vastly improved over the year. Not only that, but what he said resonated with the general feeling among fans, in that people were tired of the 'skits' and wanted more wrestling. To have Carly concerned for the fans cause will make him very popular, and the struggle between Vince and his beloved entertainment and Carlito and the sport of wrestling is something that would be seen as very poignant and relevant to the climate of the wrestling world. I just hope that they follow up, and don't mess up the chance to finally breathe fresh life into the upper tier.

[QUOTE=Jonfun;186176]ITS NOT REAL, its called getting the heals over so it gets people like you pissed off LOL.[/QUOTE] that only works if I also continue to watch and boo the heels. If I turn off the show in the first 5 minutes and don't watch the rest they failed completely. and I know its not "REAL". But I don't like blatantly over the top BS. The only reason they have to descend to that level is that RKO has all the charisma of your basic rock and Edge couldn't play a heel without antics like that if he had to to save his life. A good heel has to have lots of charisma and good mic skills so they can get the crowd to hate them without the gratuitous use of over-the-top violence. WWE doesn't book that because they have forgotten that. In the end they are going to suffer for it.

[QUOTE=mvargus;186208]A good heel has to have lots of charisma and good mic skills so they can get the crowd to hate them without the gratuitous use of over-the-top violence. WWE doesn't book that because they have forgotten that. In the end they are going to suffer for it.[/QUOTE] I watched bits and pieces of RAW last night and, to give the devil his due, there were more flashes of brilliance in that show than I remember seeing from the 'E in quite some time. Besides the aforementioned Carlito thing, that women's match was amazingly high quality for WWE. Plus, the Flair-Kenny match was, I think, a perfect example of what mvargus is talking about. As the face, Flair was a better heel than Edge & Orton could ever aspire to be (but then, he's Flair). The JTG-Shelton match, I think was great too, in showing a peek at what a 'tweener' is (or could be). The turnbuckle thing was really funny to me. Just seems to me like they're trying too hard to get Orton & Edge over as heels, taking every possible shortcut they can. Pretty soon they're going to run out of 'legends' that their audience actually recognizes to hit with chairs. Although, I really wish they'd give up on Chris Masters already. I swear, Ron Simmons was the most entertaining part of that segment......and he only said one word.

Just seems to me like they're trying too hard to get Orton & Edge over as heels, taking every possible shortcut they can. Pretty soon they're going to run out of 'legends' that their audience actually recognizes to hit with chairs. Although, I really wish they'd give up on Chris Masters already. I swear, Ron Simmons was the most entertaining part of that segment......and he only said one word.[/QUOTE] And if you look closely, Simmons beat the Masterlock challenge. See, the point of this challenge is to break the full nelson and if you look closely just before Super Crazy interferes, you'll see that Masters fingers are not interlocked as both his hands are down near Simmons' ears and thus Simmons actually forced himself from the hold. As for Edge and Orton, they might have a chance of being decent heels if they'd ever been booked as more then DX's personal bitches. After the last WWE PPV [jobbed to two forty year olds, one with a bad leg injury] and RAW last night [jobbed to one 40 year old when they had a two on one advantage] they're pretty much buried in my opinion.

[QUOTE=Remianen;186233]I watched bits and pieces of RAW last night and, to give the devil his due, there were more flashes of brilliance in that show than I remember seeing from the 'E in quite some time. Besides the aforementioned Carlito thing, that women's match was amazingly high quality for WWE. Plus, the Flair-Kenny match was, I think, a perfect example of what mvargus is talking about. As the face, Flair was a better heel than Edge & Orton could ever aspire to be (but then, he's Flair). The JTG-Shelton match, I think was great too, in showing a peek at what a 'tweener' is (or could be). The turnbuckle thing was really funny to me. Just seems to me like they're trying too hard to get Orton & Edge over as heels, taking every possible shortcut they can. Pretty soon they're going to run out of 'legends' that their audience actually recognizes to hit with chairs. Although, I really wish they'd give up on Chris Masters already. I swear, Ron Simmons was the most entertaining part of that segment......and he only said one word.[/QUOTE] Interesting words coming from you:-) Ron Simmons has not said anything but that one word, that I have seen period. Also, I liked the way he got out of the ring. Just bent over the ropes and swung from the inside of the ring to the outside, all in one smooth motion. Was better then the Rollback that Undertaker and Kane do IMO. I actually think they are trying to job Orton and Edge down a notch or two. I would if I were them. This would allow for several things to happen. First, It would heighten Cena and Umaga even more, making the gap from Main Event to Uppermidcard bigger. Second, it would allow for perhaps Cryme Tyme to come in and "win" the tag title's from Edge and Orton, without everyone thinking "BS!!" "BS!!" Speaking of Cryme Tyme. I think there is a work of genious going on with them. They come out looking typically silly, using as much slang as possible, yet... When confronted about it (Like Shelton did, or before that what happened to Edge and Orton) they use bigger words then the people trying to critisice them can understand. Then when they are in a match... They never ever cheat till...... the other team cheats. Then they always do something totally unexpected (so far). They do the "normal" type of cheat, which always, ALWAYS, Gets everyone's attention on that. However, that is never what they do to win. IT's while everyone is looking at that Turnbuckle, that they pull off the victory from a completely different approach. So far they have "Out Cheated" all the cheater's. Finally, the last thing that this jobbing will do for Orton and Edge, is allow them a way to make a new "heated" fued. As long as they keep doing like they did Monday night, and have one of them outside of the ring while the other one get's "it", they have a way for one of them to turn on the other. "What were you doing when I was getting my head bashed in Edge!!?" Or "If you can't hold your end of the load, maybe I need to find someone that can!!" I think the Flair vs. Kenny thing is working great as well. I really don't like him (Kenny), but....... Using the oldest member vs. the youngest worker on the roster is starting to be fun to watch as it unfolds. Ric Flair is going to put Kenny into the Mid to Uppermidcard easily with this. Now they still have the Nitro vs. Hardy thing going on. And as long as they get other's into it with them, I think that can last a good while. Mickey James!!! I am getting to be a fan of the Diva Match's, and I've said so before. However, to me the match's have gone hill a bit in the last couple of weeks... I don't believe this is intentional, but because of noticeable slipups (Victoria's foot getting caught on Mickey's skirt, and pretending like it didn't happen, etc.) between the "better" diva's, I think they better have all of them practice just as much as the other's have been (Ashley and the like). All in all, it seems like Raw is going to have a really strong roster by the time Wrestlemania gets here, and should actually get better soon after.

Archived