The Watcher's Journal - CornellVerse

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=MarcK;198822]What's the deal with Soul Taker? He's ranked so highly in the Top 100 each year yet isn't getting any mention.[/QUOTE] It's because he's working for either OLLIE or MPWF, neither of whom are doing anything particularly interested, whereas all my Mexican coverage is focussed on SOTBPW, which is having an amazing run. Unless he starts getting A grades or winning world titles, he's not really showing up on my radar.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;196824]- EEWW and INSPIRE end their tours. EEWW end the month in the black, and seem to have financially settled at last.[/QUOTE] I really hope they have. They seem to have found some success despite their product not being exactly what the Eastern European crowd would like. Could you be so kind to tell me what their popularity levels in Europe are right now? And if it's not too much, I'd also like to know who is on their roster besides the guys already mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes and no. It will continue, but not in the same format. I haven't got time to continue it in this level of details due to other committments, so what I have done is blast it with an auto-clicker to pound through the years. It's currently up to 2018, and I'm planning to end it six months after Tommy Cornell Jr debuts in 2025. I'm then planning to do a few posts detailing what the world looks like at that point in time. I've taken a peek at it, and 2018 is quite cool. A lot of the new promotions that came in the last patch have opened (I updated the new fed file, one of the very few changes I've made to the running game), and the game world has become a lot more focused on the new workers who have arrived, to the point where most promotions have main event scenes based around them. TCW are still the dominant promotion, with Tommy Cornell and Sean McFly being the undisputed kings of the game world - between them they've won ever WOTY for about the last eight years, at least one has been in the MOTY, and they've dominated TCW's world title scene too. What's cool is that age is starting to drop their stats, so their dominance may end soon. Probably the big news was the Mushashibo got badly injured, to the point that he can't go anywhere near his old level, and he's not even made it into the Top 100 some years. All of PGHW's big names are starting to lose their skills through age too, so they're on the verge of a huge shake up. There's also been about 15 deaths since the game began, and plenty of retirements, so the game world is radically different now from 2007. Oh, and American Elemental has 40 TCW All Action title reigns to his name :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Well, about three months after beginning the game, I've finally auto-clicked the remainder of the way and gotten to August 2025, six months after the debut of the final New Worker, Tommy Cornell Jr. :eek: Unsurprisingly it's resulted in a vastly different game world to the one that started in 2007, not least because there's only about 6 people under the age of 25 in the entire game world. :p Coming over the next few days...a summary of how a TEW07 CornellVerse game world looks if you let it run without interference for [U]eighteen years[/U] (and if you're not quite getting how much time that is, think of it like this - Cameron Vessey, the first New Worker, who debuted as a young green-as-hell rookie in 2007, is now 38 years old!).

[U][B]Promotions: Opening And Closing[/B][/U] [B]Companies who went bankrupt[/B] 21st Century Wrestling (Start - January 2010b) British Professional Wrestling (March 2013 - February 2016) Championship Wrestling from Wigan (January 2020 - March 2021) Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling (Start - October 2020) Eastern European World Wrestling (January 2009 - January 2011) European League of Professional Fighters (January 2007 - April 2008) European Wrestling Alliance (January 2011 - July 2018) European Wrestling Federation (January 2009 - July 2009) Ring Of Fire (Start - July 2008) TIER 1 (January 2012 - December 2012) Ultimate Combat Ring (Start - November 2008) Warrior Engine XXV (Start - December 2007) [B]Companies who opened and survived[/B] All Canada Pro Wrestling (January 2024) Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation (May 2010) Mexican Hardcore Wrestling (January 2008) Phoenix Wrestling Company (January 2019) Pro Wrestling MAX (May 2022) Quebec Pro Wrestling (December 2016) Queens of American Wrestling (March 2025) Wrestling Alliance of Mexico (October 2021) X-Wrestling America (May 2015)

[U][B]Promotions: Final Standings[/B][/U] [B]Global[/B] North Of The Border Pro Wrestling Total Championship Wrestling [B]International[/B] None [B]National[/B] 5 Star Supreme Wrestling Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods Golden Canvas Grappling Inspire Diversity Group International Pride Glory Honor Wrestling South Of The Border Pro Wrestling World Level Wrestling [B]Cult[/B] Canadian Golden Combat Danger And Violence Extreme Mexican Hardcore Wrestling Mexico Premier Wrestling Federation Original Lucha Libre In Extreme Supreme Wrestling Federation [B]Regional[/B] Angel Athletic Association Babes Of Sin City Canadian Charisma Championship Combat Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation Hinote Dojo Men Of Steel Combat Mid Atlantic Wrestling New York City Wrestling Phoenix Wrestling Company Pro Wrestling SAISHO Quebec Pro Wrestling Rhode Island Pro Wrestling United States Pro Wrestling Wrestling Alliance of Mexico X-Wrestling America [B]Small[/B] All Canada Pro Wrestling Pro Wrestling MAX [B]Local[/B] Queens of American Wrestling

[U][B]Promotions: American Overview[/B][/U] Promotion: [B]Angel Athletic Association[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Anne Stardust\Roger Dodger Main Event Scene: Wanda Fish, Cherry Bomb, Joanne Rodriguez, Black Widow Most World Title Reigns: Wanda Fish (9) Promotion: [B]Babes Of Sin City[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Honey GolightlyMarilyn Stardust Main Event Scene: Lucy Stone-McFly, Cherry Bomb, Raven Nightfall, Joanne Rodriguez Most World Title Reigns: Cherry Bomb (4) Promotion: [B]Danger And Violence Extreme[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Phil Vibert\Aristocrat Main Event Scene: Teddy Powell, Dazzling Dave Diamond, Sammy Bach, Frankie Future (Honest Frank), Sammy The Shark Most World Title Reigns: Eric Tyler (5) Promotion: [B]Mid Atlantic Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Cliff Anderson\Black Hat Bailey Main Event Scene: Mercutio Sleep, Billy Jack Shearer, Danny Rushmore, Tank Bradley Most World Title Reigns: Paul Steadyfast (4) Promotion: [B]New York City Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: The Stomper\Enforcer Roberts Main Event Scene: Thomas Morgan, Tank Bradley, Danny Rushmore, Roger Dodger Most World Title Reigns: Johnny Martin (4) Promotion: [B]Phoenix Wrestling Company[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Grandmaster Phunk\Herb Stately Main Event Scene: Al Coleman, Grandmaster Phunk, Ronnie V Pain Most World Title Reigns: Grandmaster Phunk (4) Promotion: [B]Pro Wrestling MAX[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Haru Kurofuji\Terry Smith Main Event Scene: Animal Harker, Mercy Michaels Most World Title Reigns: Nobody has more than one reign Promotion: [B]Queens of American Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Optimus\Jon Jetson Main Event Scene: Kristabel Plum, Suzanne Brazzle, Gorgon, Devil's Daughter Most World Title Reigns: Kristabel Plum is the first, only, and reigning champion Promotion: [B]Rhode Island Pro Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Professor Nero\Wanda Fish Main Event Scene: Roger Dodger,Grunt,Madman Boone Most World Title Reigns: Scout (4) Promotion: [B]Supreme Wrestling Federation[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Richard Eisen\Eric Eisen Main Event Scene: Sammy The Shark, Jumbo Shrimp, Steel, The Silencer, Richie Riggins Most World Title Reigns: Christian Faith (6) Promotion: [B]Total Championship Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Tommy Cornell\Joel Bryant Main Event Scene: Sean McFly, Greg Gauge, Hugh de Aske, Jay Chord, Freddie Datsun, Wrestling Machine #1, Tommy Cornell, Jungle Jack, Steve Frehley Most World Title Reigns: Tommy Cornell (15) Promotion: [B]United States Pro Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Sam Strong\Danny Jillefski Main Event Scene: Al Coleman, Tribal Warrior, Roger Dodger, Stan Manna Most World Title Reigns: Jim Force (6) Promotion: [B]X-Wrestling America[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Sheik Mustafa\Rick Sanders Main Event Scene: Al Coleman,Danny Rushmore Most World Title Reigns: Tribal Warrior and Paul Steadyfast (2)

[B][U]Promotions: UK Overview[/U][/B] Promotion: [B]Men Of Steel Combat[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Jeffery McPeterson\The Highland Warrior (sic) Main Event Scene: Daniel Black Francis, Danny Patterson, Rod Todd, Petey Barnes Most World Title Reigns: The Highland Warrior (11)

Some interesting names there. Also nice to see that at the ripe young age of, what, 47? Tommy C is still hanging in there :p AAA is becoming a bit of a retirement home though... she ain't kidding when Anne Stardust says she has a low roster turnover, huh?

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;214035][U][B]Promotions: American Overview[/B][/U] Promotion: [B]United States Pro Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Sam Strong\Danny Jillefski Main Event Scene: Al Coleman, Tribal Warrior, Roger Dodger, Stan Manna Most World Title Reigns: Jim Force (6)[/QUOTE] :eek: That's the main event scene? Wow, I guess most of USPWs roster really did die. Also, TCW looks like it has the only good roster in America. No wonder they're on top.

I'm waitin' on the Japanese and Canadian overview. I'd like to see where Alicia Strong (and Deborah Young and Sae Akutagawa and Eri Sato and...) wind up. I'm guessing Crusher Ichihara retired sometime prior to 2022 (perhaps even Thunder Hike though I'm not sure about Ogiwara. Her stats could go down due to age and she'd still be exceptional, I'd think). I LIKE Queens of American Wrestling. Gonna have to autoclick to get to them!

[QUOTE=MrThing;214242]Based on these results, I would suggest that the effects of age are slower than they ought to be. Very few wrestlers can really "bring it" much past the age of 40.[/QUOTE] Depends what you mean by "ought to be" - if you mean to simulate reality then you'd be right, if you mean in game terms then I'd have to say you haven't really thought the effect through very well. Wrestlers need longer careers in game terms because otherwise the game world would collapse in on itself very quickly, simply because you'd need massive amounts of New Workers joining to compensate for all the guys retiring. While TEW can handle that, it would mean a big increase in "random name guys with no pictures", which nobody likes, and it would mean the database becoming exponentially bigger and therefore slower to process. The current method may mean that more guys are wrestling in their 40s than in reality, but it was intentionally made like that to keep the game world playable. More promotion profiles to come later BTW, and then I'll move onto the awards, wrestlers, and "random notes" sections. I was planning to upload the entire database for people to look at themselves, but then found that it was 180MB of match histories, so maybe not ;)

[U][B]Promotions: Canadian Overview[/B][/U] Name: [B]All Canada Pro Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Frank Simmons\Barry Kingman Main Event Scene: Barry Kingman,Bret Heartbreak Most World Title Reigns: Nobody has held the belt more than once Name: [B]Canadian Charisma Championship Combat[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Troy Winner\Catherine Quine Main Event Scene: Mark Smart, Brett Biggz, Erik Strong, Knuckles Most World Title Reigns: Joey Poison (4) Name: [B]Canadian Golden Combat[/B] Owner\Head Booker: George DeColt\Alex DeColt Main Event Scene: Sayeed Ali, K-Squared, Ricky DeColt, Jack DeColt, Joss Thompson, Steve DeColt Most World Title Reigns: Steve DeColt and Jack DeColt (12) Name: [B]Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Leo Davis\Suzanne Brazzle Main Event Scene: Wanda Fish, Cherry Bomb, Suzanne Brazzle, Katherine Goodlooks, Brooke Tyler Most World Title Reigns: Wanda Fish, Katherine Goodlooks, Cherry Bomb and Brooke Tyler (2) Name: [B]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Dan Stone\Victoria Stone Main Event Scene: Davis Wayne Newton, Elmo Benson, Duane Stone, Owen Love, Kashmir Singh, Trent Shaffer, Art Reed Most World Title Reigns: Dan Stone Jr (9) Name: [B]Quebec Pro Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Gil Thomas\Karen Killer Main Event Scene: Ash Campbell, Sgt. Bubba Lee West, Brett Biggs, Eddie Howard, Christian Price, Erik Strong Most World Title Reigns: Mikey James and Erik Strong (2)

[U][B]Promotions: Japanese Overview[/B][/U] Name: [B]5 Star Supreme Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Sakurako Kagawa\Larry Wood Main Event Scene: Yuma Maruya, Dragon Assassin, Crusher Ichihara, Kit Hatoyama, Thunder Hike, Fuyuko Higa, Saeko Hiroyuki Most World Title Reigns: Crusher Ichihara, Thunder Hike and Sensational Ogiwara (13) Name: [B]Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Kaneie Komine\Eisaku Hoshino Main Event Scene: Hitomaro Suzuki, Kansuke Konda, Konnojo Horri, Samoan Machine, Eisaku Hoshino, Shimedzu, Chuichi Sanda Most World Title Reigns: Hiroaki Nakasawa (12) Name: [B]Golden Canvas Grappling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Hanshiro Furusawa\Kazu Yoshizawa Main Event Scene: Fukusaburu Inao, Jack Giedroyc, Kiminobu Kuroki, Takayuki 2000, KC Glenn, Big Cat Brandon Most World Title Reigns: Hiroyasu Gakusha and Takayuki 2000 (6) Name: [B]Hinote Dojo[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Stunner Okazawaya\Eisaku Kunomasu Main Event Scene: Sofu Ozawa, Cameron Vessey, Roku Sotomura Most World Title Reigns: Roku Sotomura and Cameron Vessey (6) Name: [B]Inspire Diversity Group International[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Tadiyuki Kikkawa\Tasuku Iesada Main Event Scene: Mokuami Maita, Rolling Johnny Stones, Billy Russell, Arjen Van Den Leyne, Wael Hossam, Matthew Gauge Most World Title Reigns: Billy Russell (8) Name: [B]Pride Glory Honor Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Hito Ichihara\Haruki Kudo Main Event Scene: Mito Miwa, Kozue Kawashima, Pistol Pete Hall, Shuji Inukai, Li Bingci, Bryan Vessey, Yoshimi Mushashibo, Eisaku Hoshino Most World Title Reigns: Shuji Inukai (14) Name: [B]Pro Wrestling SAISHO[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Sadakuno Nishimuraya\The Great Hisato Main Event Scene: Harrison Hash, The Great Hisato, Luna Ligera Most World Title Reigns: The Great Hisato (4) Name: [B]World Level Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Koji Kojima\Bryan Holmes Main Event Scene: Magnum KOBE, Marat Khoklov, Hiroaki Nakasawa, Koji Kojima, Eisaku Hoshino, The Great Hisato, El Bandito, UK Dragon Most World Title Reigns: Marat Khoklov and Emerald Angel (11)

[U][B]Promotions: Mexican Overview[/B][/U] Name: [B]Mexican Hardcore Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Mateo Iglesias\Dan DaLay Main Event Scene: Slayyer, Electo, Delirium, Europea, Mr. Lucha II Most World Title Reigns: Luis Montero Jr and Delirium (3) Name: [B]Mexico Premier Wrestling Federation[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Domino\Cique Jr Main Event Scene: Ultra Atlantis, El Estrella, Mario Heroic, Teddy Powell, El Bestia Purpura Most World Title Reigns: The Magnificent Mark (8) Name: [B]Original Lucha Libre In Extreme[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Joaquin Soler\Sam Keith Main Event Scene: Masked Rebel, Dark Magik, Slayyer, Hexx, Canadian Dragon Most World Title Reigns: Mastericco (4) Name: [B]South Of The Border Pro Wrestling[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Jorge Ibanez\Pablo Rodriguez Main Event Scene: El Demonico, Tijuana Vampire, Nicolas Lopez, Axxis Jr, Magnifico, El Fuerza Most World Title Reigns: El Demonico (8) Name: [B]Wrestling Alliance of Mexico[/B] Owner\Head Booker: Larry Vessey\Frank Simmons Main Event Scene: Leopard King, Del Muerto, Charron Most World Title Reigns: Nobody has held the title more than once

Archived