Least Favorite Worker (C-Verse)

Guest Hamsalad

Reminds me of Merle O'Curle. He's great in RoF because of his undoubted talent, but although he speaks English, his promos are terrible due to his charisma (or total lack of it), so he always goes to 21CW, failes miserably, then comes back to RoF ¬_¬. I still love him though. In fact, I have the perfect idea to turn his uncharismaticness into a positive thing :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;182628]Sort of takes the fun out of it in a way. I love running feds with guys that have faults (its why I love USPW I guess), accenting strenghts in workers is a fun little challenge.. it feels like more of an accomplishment pushing someone with weaker skills up the card and making them a success than some near perfect super wrestler. I'm weird like that though.[/QUOTE] I've found that 'pushing someone with weaker skills up the card' is about the simplest thing in TEW. But then when they get to the top of the card, you now have Jim Force....errr, I mean, a worker in the main event with crap for skills. Besides, in 07, having the "godlike" abilities counts for A LOT less than it did in 05. Sean McFly and Jeremy Stone can have a "good" match with anyone but that "good" is by the other worker's standards. A C+ rated match might be fantastic for a Hell's Bouncer.......but it sucks for McFly or J.Stone. That's where the challenge lies for me. Developing workers to the point where they can convincingly go toe-to-toe with those "godlike" workers and actually produce matches that aren't a disappointment to that better worker. If you can develop a Hidekazu or Heihachiro to the point where they can go into a match with Yoshimi and come out with an A grade without requiring a protect note, that's where I find the challenge. But USPW? Got me there. That's a bit too much of a challenge for me. :)

I totally forgot Bairei Yasujiro. I made a Junior promotion in TEW05 and put him in it at a main event level, and he was a jerk. Plus with his mouse-like appearance he didn't fit well with my other main eventers like Hell Monkey, Burning Takashi, Eagle Kamasawa, and Yosuke Narita (yes, I know full well that I made a Junior promotion in Japan with all WLW workers, but really, what else is there??).

I'm Playing NOTBPW right now and I'm sorry but Mighty Cavanagh is just a plodding lump of uselessness. He has stunk up every match he has been in so far ...I really don't know why I'm keeping him around the roster. That being said I've yet to put him in the ring with god like talent such as McFly or Dan Stone Jr, who could probably be drag him up to a C+ rated match.

[quote=Tigerkinney;184096]I'm Playing NOTBPW right now and I'm sorry but Mighty Cavanagh is just a plodding lump of uselessness. He has stunk up every match he has been in so far ...I really don't know why I'm keeping him around the roster. That being said I've yet to put him in the ring with god like talent such as McFly or Dan Stone Jr, who could probably be drag him up to a C+ rated match.[/quote] If anyone has read my latest entry for my diary - [B]NOTBPW Evolution of Wrestling [/B]- Mighty Cavanagh just had a match with Jeremy Stone and it still only managed a [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna]D+.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] That's how useless he is.... I forgot he had to his credit, as I'm about a month ahead in game time from where I am at, with my diary right now. He's in the ring with a legend and he still can't even manage a [SIZE=3][COLOR=orange][B]C-.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I run a Cult level promotion of my own making in America, and so I signed a couple of Dave guys to PPA deals. Alex Braun went straight in the main event, but what a load of rubbish he is. His weak stamina means a 10 minute match is just about the best he can do, and even then depending on the non-wrestling time he can't even manage 10 minutes! I ended up jobbing him out to my upper midcarders, and even then they didn't get much rub from him. Waste of time and money. Still got JD though

Archived