[QUOTE=flamebrain;181475]Yeah I think its a balance, too low (Orton's "Chair Shot" on Sunday there) and match quality suffers, too high (Victoria's boot to Candice's face) and well... just make sure you have a deep roster :)[/QUOTE] Man, that boot was a thing of beauty. They should add more stiffness like that. Would be very Joshi in that respect. ;) As far as whether stiffness is good or bad, that really depends. If you're running a promotion with Medium to 'Key Feature' in Realism or Hyper Realism, stiffness is the bee's knees. If you're running WWE......ehh, not so much. Samoa Joe and Low-Ki/Senshi are good examples of stiff workers. Also, Chris Benoit's knife edge chops are a lot stiffer than Ric Flair's or Shawn Michaels'.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;181549]I don't care, a chop does not hurt, lol.[/QUOTE] Yes...it does. Have you ever recieved a proper chop with no shirt on? Trust me it hurts. An example of this would be Bryan Danielsons red raw chest after being chopped to f*ck by Roderick Strong.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;181549]I don't care, a chop does not hurt, lol.[/QUOTE] Next time you and your mates are chilling out have one of them chop you then come on here and tell us it didn't hurt. I do believe a few years ago Jericho cause regals pecks to bleed from chopping him.

Hey, Kobashi chopping away on Genichiro Tenryu in one NOAH shows in 2005 if I remember correctly, he (Tenruy) was bleeding from the chopping :D I did a NOAH-fanvid once, and it contains it.. .. Perhaps I could upload them, and see what you guys think of my two NOAH-videos :)

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;181549]I don't care, a chop does not hurt, lol.[/QUOTE] Sorry, I aint buyin' it. A single jab doesn't hurt much either. But take into account that jabs are very much like chops and they don't come just once, but in rapid succession.

[QUOTE=Remianen;181587]Sorry, I aint buyin' it. A single jab doesn't hurt much either. But take into account that jabs are very much like chops and they don't come just once, but in rapid succession.[/QUOTE] Especially openhand chops...and you catch an openhand chop to the back of the neck [i]Owww[/i]...

Just ask William Regal, or any of Kenta Kobashi's opponents, whether or not chops hurt :P As for stiffness in general, it's one of those things (like selling*) where too much is bad, but not enough is worse. A really, REALLY stiff worker, like Vader or Joe, can injure opponents or at least make them more fatigued, but it can add to a match if your product is stiffness-friendly. Really low stiffness (like Steiner (Scott, obviously. Rick would kill you ¬_¬), most WWE Cruiserweights, and to a certain extent Jericho) is almost always a bad thing though. I think in TEW terms it depends on your Realism as to whether high Stiffness is good or bad. (* As far as I know, 100% selling in TEW is still "really great at it", 'overselling' doesn't exist. So in TEW stiffness and selling don't work the same at all, I was talking in terms of reality).

Chops hurt :) No-one I've given one to (just playing, of course) says they don't hurt and I've yet to lose one either. But then, I've got a killer high five too, so it's prob just that my hands hurt like a bugger when I hit someone. I can only imagine what its like to get a chop from someone who knows how to hit them properly. Ouchies! But yes, stiffness might affect the frequency of injuries, but the major factor in causing injuries is the safety of the worker performing moves. Its still entirely possible to be stiff and not injure people often. And if you find someone who's stiff and safe, you've got yourself an excellent legit style worker :)

Archived