I've been under the impression that an exclusive contract means the worker is exclusive to your promotion only. Is this wrong, 'cause some f*cks signed one of my exclusives to a PPA deal. Wassup with that? :) Not only did I just sign the contract for like 20 days, for a 9 month period. The contract now says I've only got 7 days left? Did he terminate the contract w/o even mentioning me personally? What a f*cker man. :)

An exclusive PPA works in the same way as a PPA does. So just like a PPA deal, workers can still be offered PPA or written deals by other company as they aren't tied down to you permanently. As such, when someone offers them a deal and they accept it, you lose them as they are no longer exclusive to you and your contract obviously is now finished. [b][u]An exclusive PPA deal is NOT a written deal! If it were, it would be called a WRITTEN DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/u] I hope this makes things clear, it seems no-one reads help files, searches forums, applies sense or pays attention any more. Derek B

Sorry for not doing the check on other topics. Thanks a lot for answering. Still don't understand the usefulness of an Exclusive PPA then, but no matter. :) Only DISADVANTAGE is that he doesn't want to sign for me again since he just left. What a bummer. :( cheers

[QUOTE=Blackman;181786]Sorry for not doing the check on other topics. Thanks a lot for answering. Still don't understand the usefulness of an Exclusive PPA then, but no matter. :) Only DISADVANTAGE is that he doesn't want to sign for me again since he just left. What a bummer. :( cheers[/QUOTE] Basically, if your promotion is good enough, they won't leave you for anyone else but also nobody else will get to use them and you'll save money by not paying written contract wages

An exclusive PPA might be useful if you're trying to outdo other promotions and they are lower than you, so you don't want them to get any of your decent workers on PPA deals. An example would be the way the game has got many of the UK's top workers on exclusive PPAs with 21CW at the start of the game, so that they can't work for either ROF or MOSC. But you do always run the risk with the exclusives of having your workers sign for someone bigger.

Marcel nails it on the head. In the Cornellverse, an E-PPA is great in the UK or Europe where there are no promotions big enough to be able to sign anyone to a written deal. Using E-PPA you can make talent exclusive to yourself and hurt the competition by blocking them from using your guys. Basically, don't use E-PPA contracts unless you are the biggest, most prestigious promotion in the area. People might still steal your guys, but you can stop smaller promotions from using (and abusing) your stars. Hell, if you know that the bigger promotions don't want your guy (perhaps because of his style) then use E-PPA to make him all yours. It works, but its not common. Bit like real life really.......... Derek B

Okay let me make this clear: An exclusive pay per appearance is to sign them exclusive to you IF they have current contracts. However, after this signing they will be able to sign agreements with other companies. The exclusive pay per appearance only eliminates current contracts, not prohibits them from signing new one's.

They can be quite useful at DaVE. TCW and SWF will steal steal your stars if they want them, but if they're on Ex-PPA deals they probably won't sign for USPW, CZCW, etc. So they'll always be availlabe when you want them. Or if you're one of the Mexican feds. They're all around about the same size and unless I'm mistaken, none can get workers to sign Written deals yet.

[quote=D-Lyrium;181764]Rest In Peace, search button. Clearly thou art deceased, for nobody ever clicks thee in days recent. For shame. Thou hast been useful in days long past.[/quote] Hahaha :D Thank you D-Lyrium, you made my day with that hilarious comment. Just amazing. My first real laugh of this morning, ty. :p

[QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;181791]An example would be the way the game has got many of the UK's top workers on exclusive PPAs with 21CW at the start of the game, so that they can't work for either ROF or MOSC. But you do always run the risk with the exclusives of having your workers sign for someone bigger.[/QUOTE] Thanks for pointing that out. :) That's exactly the problem I'm having. Bur I've signed a non-agression pact with the 'raiders' so it won't happen again. Furthermore, like you people say, I won't succeed in signing UCW guys who are 'over' for my show on short term contracts since their company doesn't allow it. Probably also to counter possible abuse. @all: Thanks for makin' this clear.

Pretty much the first thing I do in *any* game is approach every company in the world with a view to signing Working/Non-agression pacts with them. In my MAW game I have every company bar JEF (no owner) signed to one or the other. Thus my workers are protected from stealing by anyone - unless they decide t elave of their own accord.

Archived