First of all, just to clarify, I played almost all of Ryland's freeware sims, so while I'm not new to his sims I am new to the C-Verse and the most recent versions of TEW. Anyway, I'm playing as DAVE and I've gotten through a few months, but I'm continually losing $150k+ per month and I have no idea how to turn that around. Here's a screenshot of the financials: [url]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5343/tewcrapsv4.jpg[/url] What am I supposed to do? I lost $150k in the past month from misc., I don't even know how I'm losing that money... let alone that my misc. section in income is always 0. The Merchandising isn't even close to being positive either. Any advice you guys could offer me would be great, if you need any more info let me know... thanks in advance!

DaVE's finances are, for want of a better term, "completely bollocksed". That's most of the challenge with them. They had a boom period a few years ago in the Cornellverse and got trigger happy with Written contracts. So now that the big two have pinched loads of their workers and their popularity has dropped off, they're feeling the strain of all those huge contracts. Also, having a TV deal is both a blessing and a curse for you. While it provides good exposure, you have to pay most of your roster five times what they'd be earning if you only ran monthly shows. So try and cut down on the amount of expensive Pay Per Appearance workers you use on shows. Try and get hold of some cheaper ones to replace them. Oh, and it looks like you need to do something pretty drastic with your merchandising ¬_¬ Just In Time works well, as does Conservative if you're haemmoraging money that badly. I can't remember ever getting any income from "Misc.", and "Misc." expenses are usually fairly constant, but I don't know exactly what they are. Maybe things like workers' travel arangements if you're paying for that in their contract. No idea really. I'd guess PPV's have something to do with Misc. expenses (based on the fact that your Misc. expenses went way up when you held a PPV).

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;181837]Oh, and it looks like you need to do something pretty drastic with your merchandising ¬_¬ Just In Time works well, as does Conservative if you're haemmoraging money that badly. I can't remember ever getting any income from "Misc.", and "Misc." expenses are usually fairly constant, but I don't know exactly what they are. Maybe things like workers' travel arangements if you're paying for that in their contract. No idea really.[/QUOTE] I believe worker travel expenses and contract related bonuses fall into the Misc. category. And one thing I think a lot of people are going to learn the hard way is that custom merchandising isn't a good idea until International or maybe Global. While you might think the world of Eric Tyler, people don't like you or the 'House of Tradition' t-shirts as much as you do. From what I've seen, the best thing to do is use the custom controls for those workers who have, and maintain, B+ momentum or better or else their gear won't sell above 'Weak'.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;181837] I can't remember ever getting any income from "Misc.", and "Misc." expenses are usually fairly constant, but I don't know exactly what they are. Maybe things like workers' travel arangements if you're paying for that in their contract. No idea really. I'd guess PPV's have something to do with Misc. expenses (based on the fact that your Misc. expenses went way up when you held a PPV).[/QUOTE] Wouldn't PPV-related expenses be lumped in with Show Costs?

I was just guessing, based on the coincidence that he ran a PPV that month. I'd completely forgotten about PPV bonuses in workers contracts, which is the much more obvious and sensible answer ¬_¬ Although having said that, I don't think it's possible for a worker to start with a PPV bonus (or any other bonus) by default. So unless he's signed/resigned a load of people and given them one, that's not it either.

[QUOTE=Fezzik;182374]Yeah, I am having that problem too, my Misc expense is 500k, and I am running a local fed at low everything.[/QUOTE] Now that is just strange (I think). Unless you've having your ring fitted with replaceable gold-plating every month, I don't know what to think.

Archived