Tv shows are always at midnight???

Why can't i ever get a tv contract that would let me debut my show any earlier than midnight? this is horrible time to debut. Is it doing this because of popularity, size, or the status of the industry. Am I the only one with this problem. Thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=Grudge;181923]Why can't i ever get a tv contract that would let me debut my show any earlier than midnight? this is horrible time to debut. Is it doing this because of popularity, size, or the status of the industry.[/QUOTE] In answer to your questions.... Yup. Why would a television station put some smaller company not many people have heard of in primetime? (see: Action, Total Nonstop and related story Spike TV)

Actually if you have noticed, different TV-networks have different styles; Mainstream, Cult/Risky, Sport Entertainment etc.. So if you have a very risky hardcore underground style, you won't be getting your TV-show in the primetime, unless it's on the a risky network. Also, popularity is one factor, the more popular you are/get, theoreticly you could have a better timeslot when negotiating a new contract :) Now this is fast, three guys replied within almost two minutes :D

it hasn't been with just one. I have never been able to get any tv contract before midnight with any promotion. Even at global. Have you and if so how? I guess i'm shooting too high. So if I go after a less prestigious network i should be able to get a primetime slot?

[QUOTE=Grudge;181929]it hasn't been with just one. I have never been able to get any tv contract before midnight with any promotion. Even at global. Have you and if so how? I guess i'm shooting too high. So if I go after a less prestigious network i should be able to get a primetime slot?[/QUOTE] No offence - but why bother just repeating your initial question without answering most of the questions that other people asked in order to help you. To repeat - what are your promotions settings ? Mainstream ? Cult? Risque ? Danger % ? Intensity % ? etc Once we can see these, then we may be able to tell you WHY you're having this problem.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;181953]No offence - but why bother just repeating your initial question without answering most of the questions that other people asked in order to help you. To repeat - what are your promotions settings ? Mainstream ? Cult? Risque ? Danger % ? Intensity % ? etc Once we can see these, then we may be able to tell you WHY you're having this problem.[/QUOTE] I don't know. Call me crazy but by the way he repeated it, I'm guessing it's because this isn't a one time problem. Rather it's one he's had many times over with many different settings in the stuff he's been asked about. I'd venture a guess though that he's doing something consistently that's causing it. Just he's not seeing it for all the randomization he's done to try and solve it.

Is this your FIRST TV show with the network (or any network, really)? I haven't yet gotten to the stage where I'm looking for a second TV slot but I know in 05, your first show with a network would usually be in the 10pm to midnight (or later) area but if you did good ratings, they'd let you enter early primetime (so 7-10pm, basically).

how can i change the time slot for a show? Sorry your right I should have given you something to base from...I'm small now but at what point would you guess that I might be able to obtain a primetime slot? Regional Match Ratio=50% minor-5 medium-8 main-13 Match Intensity-20 danger-0 Face/Heel div-Strong traditional-heavy mainstream-Key feature Comedy-Heavy cult/rique/modern-none realism-medium hyper/hardcore/lucha/pure/dardevil-none This is one I opened and made these settings, and have gotten pretty good ratings for. Not sure if my settings are optimal, but its been doing okay. I'm in my third year and just got a tiny local tv station. And as a side note when can i get a ppv carrier?

I'm Regional with MAW and I still haven't got a tv-slot &%#)((&%¤!!. My popularity is C in Mid Atlantic and D- in Tri state, other E+ or E. F+ all over the world :) but yeah, you won't be getting Primetime with a small promotion. Hardly even with a Cult-sized.

Im guessin, to put it into context, no TV station in their right mind would sign up a promotion that is only regional on a primetime slot. Look at TNA in the real world, everyone knew that TNA was the undisputed 2nd biggest promotion in America, yet it took them a long time to get television and then a primetime slot. They were at 11pm for awhile before being promoted to primetime. At a guess, you probably need to be a national promotion to have a primetime slot on a national TV station. However, I wonder if you have B in Tri-State and apply to a TV station that only shows in TriState, if you would be given a primetime slot... ?

[QUOTE=cm_p_u_n_k;182784]Im guessin, to put it into context, no TV station in their right mind would sign up a promotion that is only regional on a primetime slot. Look at TNA in the real world, everyone knew that TNA was the undisputed 2nd biggest promotion in America, yet it took them a long time to get television and then a primetime slot. They were at 11pm for awhile before being promoted to primetime. At a guess, you probably need to be a national promotion to have a primetime slot on a national TV station. However, I wonder if you have B in Tri-State and apply to a TV station that only shows in TriState, if you would be given a primetime slot... ?[/QUOTE] I've been playing around with this, and discovered that i have a better chance at obtaining a good time slot with a risky tv station. I'm just ganna keep pluggin and hope i get one down the line. thanks for all your help and advice. and how can i change the time slot for an existing contract with a station? I haven's seen that option yet.

Archived