Carry over major settings year to year

I'm now about ten years into my post-patch career, and while I'm glad to see the game keep my interest this far, I do have a few thoughts. One frustration I have is that I'm seeing most of my big-picture decisions requiring a reset every year. I go through the motions each year to set my budget, choose my scouting service, and select my offensive and defensive styles... the sort of big-picture stuff that I want to be deciding, as I try to go through my career fairly quickly. And every off-season, it seems like all this stuff gets reset to something other than what I had selected previously. I always get bumped down to a cheaper scouting service, my budget gets upended, and my gameplanning setup is all ****eyed again. So I have to go back, every single season, to re-set all these things the way I want them. (There may be other things similarly situated as well that I'm not remembering at the moment) I certainly understand needing to go and tweak the budget to allow for funding changes... and that this might have ripple effects. I get it. But please... whether it's for a future tweak of BBCF, or for future Grey Dog releases... please allow these year-end decisions just default to status quo rather than to some AI-driven selection.

On a smaller scale, it would save a whole lot of clicking if the game 'remembered' the settings in various menu items. As an example, let's assume I'm trying to recruit a new fullback, and I have picked three suitable candidates to my watch list. They're now there among a horde of other kids I have interest in, but it's easy enough to find them by having the list show FBs only. However, if I need to have a quick look at another screen (say, my roster or perhaps the e-mail that gives hints as to which recruit pitch to use), when I go back to the watch list it again shows everyone there. I've also played enough of SI games that I still occasionally scan the screen for those backward/forward buttons that move you between two previously active screens. I'd love to have them in a future version. Backward/forward buttons are your friend.

Archived