Wrestlemania 23

Rocland

I'm going to Wrestlemania 23 with five of my buddies, and as it draws closer we keep hypothesizing on how the card will turn out, for better or worse. It turns out it's a lot harder to guess the card then you'd might expect, but this is how I think/hope it'll turn out. WWE Championship match: John Cena vs. I have no clue, really, I got nothing here. One of my friends thinks it'll be Cena vs. Edge, another thinks Cena vs. Umaga will carry on until Wrestlemania. Personally I hope it's Cena vs. HBK. World Heavyweight Championship match: Batista vs. Undertaker it's already been talked about throughout the IWC, Title vs. Streak match. I hate the fact that Taker's been building this streak for like 14 years only to lose it to Batista. I really hope this doesn't happen. ECW World Title Match: Lashley vs. Snitsky The only way I see WWECW being able to pull of a decent title match at Wrestlemania is to have RVD vs. CM Punk for the title. Unfortunately I doubt highly that will happen. So it seems the rumors are Lashley vs. Snitsky. God I hope not. Mr. McMahon vs. Mick Foley I remember hearing this was penciled in a while ago. I'd like it if this match took place, for no other reason than it'll be a spot show, and those are always cool to see live. Money In The Bank Jeff Hardy [RAW] vs. Johnny Nitro [RAW] vs. Matt Hardy [SD] vs. Mr. Kennedy [SD] vs. RVD [ECW] vs. CM Punk [ECW] I would love to see this. With either Kennedy or Punk winning the briefcase. Maybe if Joey Mercury is better by that time we will see The Hardy Boyz vs. MNM. I don't know though, Mercury is pretty f***ed up. Hulk Hogan vs. Big Show I have no interest in this match unless it's Big Show's final match ever. I'd like to be there for that. But seeing this match doesn't really do anything for me. JBL vs. Kane I heard JBL wanted to return for Wrestlemania, and he seems to be calling out Kane a lot recently since he set MVP on fire. But since I really really really hate Kane I hope JBL botches the Clothesline from Hell and breaks Kane's neck. That's all I've been able to come up with. I know there will be more matches, but I have no idea what they'd be. I'd assume guys like MVP, Benoit, Chavo, Carlito, Masters, Holly, Dreamer, Sabu etc, will be on the show. I'm not sure how they'd figure in though. Anyone have any theories/guesses how Wrestlemania will shape up this year?

i also heard a few rumours that Foley might tie up with Nitro for wrestlemania. Everyone saw how good Edge's hardcore match against foley at wrestlemania was for Edge's career, so starting a feud with Johnny Nitro is a good idea and they already have the seed's of a storyline sewn, so who knows? JR also mentioned somewhere that the Rock might make an appearence during 2007, were better to do that then wrestlemania?

[QUOTE=panix04;182079]i also heard a few rumours that Foley might tie up with Nitro for wrestlemania. Everyone saw how good Edge's hardcore match against foley at wrestlemania was for Edge's career, so starting a feud with Johnny Nitro is a good idea and they already have the seed's of a storyline sewn, so who knows? JR also mentioned somewhere that the Rock might make an appearence during 2007, were better to do that then wrestlemania?[/QUOTE] Foley v Nitro would be a good one, Foley has a good record as a "kingmaker" and I think Nitro has everything it takes to go far. My only reservation is that Edge, Orton and Nitro are seeming to homogenise the upper tier heel role on Raw. I would also hope the comment about Kane's neck being broken was not meant in a vindictive fashionas by all accounts he appears to one of the last of the true nice guys.

[QUOTE=flamebrain;182085] I would also hope the comment about Kane's neck being broken was not meant in a vindictive fashion![/QUOTE] As much as I do dislike Kane, no I don't really wish he gets injured. It's never good to see anyone injured. A JBL win would be just fine as well. Foley vs. Nitro hmm...Is Nitro ready for that kind of push? I still sort of see him as the Tough Enough guy. Although I shouldn't, as he really has made a name for himself as a credible wrestler (sports entertainer?).

[QUOTE=Rocland;182062]World Heavyweight Championship match: Batista vs. Undertaker it's already been talked about throughout the IWC, Title vs. Streak match. I hate the fact that Taker's been building this streak for like 14 years only to lose it to Batista. I really hope this doesn't happen.[/QUOTE] No matter where you are in the world, if The Undertaker were to lose against Batista you would hear me bellow with anger!!!

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;182094]No matter where you are in the world, if The Undertaker were to lose against Batista you would hear me bellow with anger!!![/QUOTE] Losing to Batista would be a terrible waste. Batista doesn't need it and is fairly old too. It would be better to have him lose to a youngster with megastar potential but, looking at the roster these days I think I'd rather he retired with it intact than lose it in such cheap fashion.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;182094]No matter where you are in the world, if The Undertaker were to lose against Batista you would hear me bellow with anger!!![/QUOTE] You know, I thought you'd have a problem with that :D . I agree it would be terrible if that did happen. What I'd like to see is Undertaker vs. Edge in a Streak vs. Streak match. What is it? Undertaker 14-0 and Edge 7-0 I think? With Edge being the one to end Taker's streak, then he can take over the whole "I never lose at Wrestlemania" gimmick and keep the legacy going.

[QUOTE=Rocland;182111]You know, I thought you'd have a problem with that :D . I agree it would be terrible if that did happen. What I'd like to see is Undertaker vs. Edge in a Streak vs. Streak match. What is it? Undertaker 14-0 and Edge 7-0 I think? [B]With Edge being the one to end Taker's streak[/B], then he can take over the whole "I never lose at Wrestlemania" gimmick and keep the legacy going.[/QUOTE] You should be shot for even thinking such things!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Edge.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;182114]You should be shot for even thinking such things!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Edge.[/QUOTE] LOL sorry man! Do you want Takers streak to never end? I'd like to see it end at some point. Whether it be at Wrestlemania 23 or 33 I don't care, as long as he loses it to Edge because Edge is awesome, losing it to him would make sense. It would be like passing the Wrestlemania torch. Although I might be a bit biased when it comes to Edge since he's a hometown boy.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;182114]You should be shot for even thinking such things!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Edge.[/QUOTE] I too strongly dislike Edge. I think if there's any kind of goodwill in that company, if anyone were to end 'Taker's streak, it should be Kane. Otherwise, let the man who has been the most consistent performer in the company (and possibly in the company's history), leave the game with his streak intact. There's no one more deserving.

[QUOTE=Remianen;182119]I too strongly dislike Edge. I think if there's any kind of goodwill in that company, if anyone were to end 'Taker's streak, it should be Kane. Otherwise, let the man who has been the most consistent performer in the company (and possibly in the company's history), leave the game with his streak intact. There's no one more deserving.[/QUOTE] Taker suggested Kane defeating him at the last wrestlemania, but Kane refused because he didnt want to tarnish takers legacy, i somehow don't see Batista being quite so gracious :rolleyes:

I used to like Edge at one point but now I just find him annoying, though not as annoying as Randy Orton. I would agree that he should not be ending Taker's Wrestlemania streak, and really since they didn't let HHH or Flair end it why would they let Edge do it? As for Wrestlemania itself I personally would like to see something like Benoit vs Finley vs Regal for the US title. In my dream world it would be a 60 minute Iron Man match between the three of them, though I realise there's no way that would happen in real life in the WWE.

[QUOTE=Rocland;182117]Do you want Takers streak to never end?[/QUOTE] Of course I don't! But if it is to end then I want it to be someone worthy of ending his streak. Edge is not worthy by any standards, and anyone with a chin that big is surely a freak of nature. ;) [quote=Remianen]I think if there's any kind of goodwill in that company, if anyone were to end 'Taker's streak, it should be Kane. Otherwise, let the man who has been the most consistent performer in the company (and possibly in the company's history), leave the game with his streak intact. There's no one more deserving.[/quote] In some respects Kane is the logical choice. But after The Undertaker's return to his deadman gimmick and completely destroying Kane in his return match it doesn't seem possible without interference. Another thing is that Glen Jacobs apparently turned down the chance to end Taker's streak because he didn't want to ruin Taker's legacy. Looking at the current roster I can't see anyone worthy of ending Taker's streak besides HBK and Flair but they've both lost in the past. Plus, examining the current pushes there are only three people who could really beat Taker: Umaga (:rolleyes:), Cena (:rolleyes:) and The "Great" Khali. If The "Great" Khali ends Taker's streak then you'll hear on the news that someone's burned down WWE Headquarters.... ;)

Hardys vs. MNM vs. Kendrick & London - if Mercury is healed. Of course, they basically did the match at Armageddon, but that didn't stop them with the TLC matches way back when. Anyway, the Hardys losing to K&L would do for me - the champs are one of the best things on WWE TV right now.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;182138]I used to like Edge at one point but now I just find him annoying, though not as annoying as Randy Orton. I would agree that he should not be ending Taker's Wrestlemania streak, and really since they didn't let HHH or Flair end it why would they let Edge do it? As for Wrestlemania itself I personally would like to see something like Benoit vs Finley vs Regal for the US title. In my dream world it would be a 60 minute Iron Man match between the three of them, though I realise there's no way that would happen in real life in the WWE.[/QUOTE] I dunno, Regla and Finlay's styles are far to similar, when they duked it out at the great american bash it was one of the most tragically dull matches in history. An hour of that would be worse than Japanese water torture!

[QUOTE=panix04;182148]I dunno, Regla and Finlay's styles are far to similar, when they duked it out at the great american bash it was one of the most tragically dull matches in history. An hour of that would be worse than Japanese water torture![/QUOTE] They've had some excellent matches together in WCW in the past and both of them have been gold in the ring lately, I don't think it'd go to badly. Besides it's not Regal vs Finely it's [B]Benoit[/B] vs Regal vs Finley which I think would make a great difference. I know I for one could watch those three wrestle for an hour with no trouble at all and it would likely be an awesome match.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;182172]They've had some excellent matches together in WCW in the past and both of them have been gold in the ring lately, I don't think it'd go to badly. Besides it's not Regal vs Finely it's [B]Benoit[/B] vs Regal vs Finley which I think would make a great difference. I know I for one could watch those three wrestle for an hour with no trouble at all and it would likely be an awesome match.[/QUOTE] lets not forgot though, that there match's in WCW are almost 10 years old now! They are not getting any younger! I think Benoit is fantastic and i love Regal, but i just found Regal Vs Finlay really boring, it doesn't matter really though, cos i doubt we will ever see that triple threat!

I'd personally like to see The Undertaker's streak ended (or maybe not even ended, just bought to a final win) against somebody that Taker has history with, like Shawn Michaels. Heel turn for HBK? That would be pretty sweet. And, speaking of Mercury, I noticed on OVW's site that they said he actually wrestled a show for them on December 23rd, and WWE are reporting that he'll be returning around February...

[QUOTE] Credit: Nodq.com With Big Show looking less and less likely to be able to go at WrestleMania, Khali is now the leading candidate to face Hulk Hogan at the event. Vince McMahon really wants to play off of WrestleMania 3 with Hogan vs. a giant, and now Khali appears to be that man. [/QUOTE] Right when I finished reading this I was waiting for Ron Simmons to randomly walk into my apartment to give his glorious catchphrase.

I'm hoping that Mr. Kennnnnneeeeeeedddddddy wins the royal rumble and goes on to defeat John Cena at wretlemania. If Mick Foley comes back I hope he loses, against whoever he fights. He hasn't done much for me in a few years. He's kind of boring and not an icon like The Rock, Hogan and even although I don't like him much Stone Cold. I wouldn't mind seeing MNM vs. Hardys vs. London and Kendrick again as someone else said as their ladder match was simply amazing. I never like London as much as everyone the internet did, it actually made me dislike him a little bit since everyone was up his ass but he's growing on me like crazy. He's a hell of a wrestler, I even seen his street fight with Micheal Shane in ROH. If Kennedy doesn't win the rumble, it would be nice to see Greg Helms get the push up to fight Cena. I know both them guys are smackdown but I think they would have better matches with Cena then against Batista. Lashley vs. Kevin Thorn would be cool, but I know Thorn isin't going to be pushed that high up in that short amount of time. If Snitsky is really going to recieve that monster push then lets do it, and let snitsky get the win. Its not my fault I like him so much.

[QUOTE=panix04;182176]lets not forgot though, that there match's in WCW are almost 10 years old now! They are not getting any younger! I think Benoit is fantastic and i love Regal, but i just found Regal Vs Finlay really boring, it doesn't matter really though, cos i doubt we will ever see that triple threat![/QUOTE] We'll have to agree to disagree about Regal and Finley then. You're right about the triple threat though, no way would the WWE give those three an hour to just go at it. Pity.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;182230] And, speaking of Mercury, I noticed on OVW's site that they said he actually wrestled a show for them on December 23rd, and WWE are reporting that he'll be returning around February...[/QUOTE] I read that when he comes back, he might go to ECW. or if he stays on smackdown he will be as ECWWrestlingnews.com said "Glorified Jobber"

i hope mr kennedy main events this year. he and cm punk are about the only things in wwes future looking any good. i havent seen any wwe since the summer, and not a great deal before that, but it doesn't really seem like anyone has come through looking good since i stopped watching it. i may however watch mania so i have a bit more interest in it than i usually would. i think we've now got to the stage where taker should keep his streak. he's transended at least three eras, evolved with each and remained fiercely loyal to a company that hasn't always deserved it. i think the least they could do is give him one last hurrah with the strap as a thank you, and have him retire with the streak intact, and cement his place a real legend. in regards to poisonedsuperman, i think foley is more of an icon than the rock. don't get me wrong, i like the rock, but with his look, charisma and family ties he was always going to be a star. the can't be said with foley, he had to scrap to get to the top, and if you see some of the crazy stuff he did before he joined wwf, and even some of the things while he was with wwf, i'd say he's more than deserving of being a legend. and imo, i don't think foley is ever boring. and rocland, just out of interest, why do you hate kane? personally i think he's one of the better guys of his size, who couldn't have coasted on his gimmick or look but always gave it everything, took a fair amount of bumps and had one of the best attitudes of anyone in the locker room. but that's just my opinion, i'd be interested to hear your opinion on the matter.

Archived