Anyone at E License?

My Elicense centre control won't open in control panel, I have Windows XP and after a little searching I hear this is an XP issue, I have tried Explorer XP to no avail. At the moment I can't unlicense/license my TEW2005, WreSpi2 and TEW2007. I like to play them on my PC and Laptop. I emailed E License 4 days ago and haven't had a reply, how long do they take?

I started having this problem a couple of years ago. I went the Explorer XP route for a while and it isn't working for me anymore either. This is affecting more and more people. Elicense really needs to step up and find a solution to this problem. FYI..I bought TEW07 for my son when it was released. I licensed it on my laptop to make sure it worked and then couldn't unlicense it. This isn't very "clean" but I did find a way. I went to the command line, entered the full path to the game and typed tew2007.exe -unlicense The game did unlicense and I was able to license on my son's desktop. Not a way I would want to use all the time but it did get me out of a pinch.

Thanks, i'll try this for now. It's really silly E-License don't address this issue, I haven't been able to switch TEW2007 to my laptop at all so far. If they don't fix this soon I won't be buying many more games as it's just too much hassle to swap them. Oh and not so much of a acknowledgement email from E License, 5 days later.

I just sent elicense another email about this situation again this morning. When I dealt with them a year or two ago, this was a fairly new issue. I told them in today's email that many more users were experiencing this problem and it is time for elicense to step up and get the issue addressed. I pointed them to a couple of different forums and suggested that they do an "elicense" search to see how many people are affected. Not that it will matter but I feel better having sent it. I've just gotten used to putting up with this problem but we shouldn't have to.

Has anyone tried doing a "soft install" of XP? I heard a guy on a local computer radio show mention this over the weekend and I wanted to try but couldn't find an XP disk. He said to insert the XP disk...select "install XP" and then select "repair windows". He said it was very important to select "repair windows" after clicking on "install XP"...not just selecting "repair windows" from the first screen. The rationale was that some spyware can disable certain functions or folders. Even after removing the spyware, whatever it disabled must be enabled again. I'm really curious about this and will give it a try if I can get my hands on an XP disk.

• 2 weeks later...
No...I haven't received any response from elicense. Also, I never did get to try the windows "repair" but I know a guy who had to do a clean install of windows and continued to have the same problem. Guess that eliminates the repair process as a workable option. Definitely is a frustrating problem that more and more people are encountering and elicense doesn't seem too concerned.

Did get an e-mail response after two (2) hours, asking me some more questions about any error messages, and then E-license stopped talking to me. Fortunately, the people in this forum already know how to deal with my particular problem. Whew! Still though while I understand that E-License is a necessary evil to protect Adam and Arlie's products, I can't help but wish they have a better licensing provider other than E-License.

[QUOTE=ting2004;182197]My Elicense centre control won't open in control panel, I have Windows XP and after a little searching I hear this is an XP issue, I have tried Explorer XP to no avail. At the moment I can't unlicense/license my TEW2005, WreSpi2 and TEW2007. I like to play them on my PC and Laptop. I emailed E License 4 days ago and haven't had a reply, how long do they take?[/QUOTE] If your E-License Control is not opening, try getting the patch . Just received it a couple of hours ago from E-License and it restored the E-License Folder. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Where can I get the patch? It won't open on mine either. By the way, it [i]is not[/i] a base Windows XP issue, but rather a processor issue. Don't ask me how that's possible, because I don't know. All I do know is that the e-license control worked on my old computer, which was an AMD Athlon 1.21 GHz, but now on my new computer, which is an AMD Athlon 64 2.01 GHz, it doesn't work anymore. The same copy of Windows XP was installed on first one and then the other, and only on my new computer does it not work. Actually, lemme amend that statement. It's not a problem with Windows XP itself, but it [i]could[/i] be a problem with Service Pack 2. My old computer didn't have it, but this one is updated with it. I [i]really[/i] hate Service Pack 2, it's almost as bad as Vista with all the asinine security measures. I hate it hate it hate it! Absolutely ridiculous! Anyway, could someone post this patch or whatever? I don't need to move mine, but I would so love to restore computer functionality now in case I ever do wanna move it.

I have the same exact issue - I was trying to move a copy of OOTP baseball onto my laptop but the control panel won't open (yup, XP). I sent e-license a note this morning at this addy: [email]support@elicense.com[/email] Thus far I've got back a ticket number so at least they've done someting with my note. Hopefully the patch will be along soon as well.

Archived