Tired of the no news & wait

I was really excited about this company when Total Pro Basketball and the college basketball game out. I bought both of these along with Bowl Bound College Football. All were great games, but I am frustrated with this company now. Arlie has mentioned that a pro football game will come out. But, this has been talked about for months & months. I never hear about any features, comments, forum posts, news about this game. Then, Fast Break Basketball developer has joined the team. There is nothing really substantial about this game or its features and news. This whole company and website has turned into a "Wrestling website." There is never any new updates or news. Makes you wonder when something substantial will come out.

Bowl Bound just released a new update (1.52) on 12/13/06 and we spent a good many months going through feedback and providing updates on the 1.11 version released earlier in the year. We've just started development of the pro football and basketball games. It's going to take some time and I will be setting up a pro football forum shortly. However, I want to be at a point in design/development where I can actually respond to and listen to feedback. Right now, there's just not a lot of news to release on the progress of both games and I don't think it's helpful to start trickling out screen shots and features before we are ready from a development standpoint. All that does is give the false impression that the game is close to release and potentially setup frustration if initial features that are discussed end up not making the final version. We appreciate everyone's interest and ask that they be patient on the future basketball and football titles while we are in the initial development stages. I will start setting up some forums soon and look at other ways to get feedback to you guys on our progress over the next few weeks. Until then, check out the latest Bowl Bound update and the new TEW ;)

[QUOTE=Garratt;182294]Yes it's lost it's lustre. I think FOF2007 might be for me now.[/QUOTE] This made me smile just a little. While FOF is a good game, Jim is the most tight lipped of any of the text sim developers. He won't say anything at all about a game until a couple of weeks before release. I'm not saying that's good or bad...it just seemed funny to throw FOF in there when talking about a lack of info concerning upcoming games.

It amazes me how people like Cooleyvol and others get so defensive and agitated when people make comments. They label statements and posts as "complaining" and "whining". First of all, everybody has a right to an opinion and to state their opinion. I, like many others, get tired when it is constant or making the same posts. But, look at my post status, it is not like I post that much. I know what you mean about the pro game only being in development for several weeks. But, people have posted about it and asked for it for many, many months. There never seems to be any news and when the game is somewhat announced, it is hidden away in a litany of posts, not on the website. Then, they mention Fast Break Baskeball game creator coming over. But, the message board for that is quiet and slow, with the last post coming almost 5 days ago. No features announced or discussed. My whole opinion on this is "I get tired of visiting the website to only see wrestling news." It is simply my opinion, which I am entitled to. And, you and others, don't have to get on your high horse and get defensive b/c people ask for a little bit of news.

[QUOTE=SportsMan76;182250]I was really excited about this company when Total Pro Basketball and the college basketball game out. I bought both of these along with Bowl Bound College Football. All were great games, but I am frustrated with this company now. Arlie has mentioned that a pro football game will come out. But, this has been talked about for months & months. I never hear about any features, comments, forum posts, news about this game. Then, Fast Break Basketball developer has joined the team. There is nothing really substantial about this game or its features and news. This whole company and website has turned into a "Wrestling website." There is never any new updates or news. Makes you wonder when something substantial will come out.[/QUOTE] How many games have you created? Until the answer is 1 or more, you should shut up. And yes, you can state your opinion, but you can also be labeled a baby, whiner, complainer, piece of crap, whatever.

You shut up Dougey. Have I created a game before? No, I haven't, and that is not the point. I guess people should have never clamored (and that is the right word for my posts) for a Playstation 1, 2, or 3 or an X-Box so we could just stay in the old Nintendo Days. I guess people should not give restaurants reviews and ratings, movie critics should shut up, polls should be shut down, and the American public should not bash the President. Dude, you are assinine. I get what people are saying, but have you ever wanted your favorite band or artist to release a music CD. Have you ever wondered when your favorite actor will make a new movie? How about your favorite book author? If it wasn't for people like me and others clamoring for a product, there would not be companies like Grey Dog and other text sims. Have you ever thought of that? But, let's all just shut up and not post at all on the board. It gets ludicrous on these game boards. If the developer announces a game for example, say Arlie announces a golf game. It has gotten to the point when people might ask, "Does it have Ryder cup play? I wish it did." Then, you have morons like Dougey say, "Shut up, enjoy the game as a golf game. Have you ever tried to create a game?" Come on dude, get a life. I am making a comment, not whining, not complaining, not bitching about GDS or Arlie. What I do get miffed about is people like you that have to get all tough and pound your chest when people's post aren't flooded with comments like, "Good golly, Molly, we got a football game and this is great. This developer is the hardest working professional I have ever known. When he is able to, this wonderful person who needs to be bowed down to will share the features. And, we all feel so lucky."

[QUOTE=SportsMan76;183391]You shut up Dougey. Have I created a game before? No, I haven't, and that is not the point. I guess people should have never clamored (and that is the right word for my posts) for a Playstation 1, 2, or 3 or an X-Box so we could just stay in the old Nintendo Days. I guess people should not give restaurants reviews and ratings, movie critics should shut up, polls should be shut down, and the American public should not bash the President. Dude, you are assinine. I get what people are saying, but have you ever wanted your favorite band or artist to release a music CD. Have you ever wondered when your favorite actor will make a new movie? How about your favorite book author? If it wasn't for people like me and others clamoring for a product, there would not be companies like Grey Dog and other text sims. Have you ever thought of that? But, let's all just shut up and not post at all on the board. It gets ludicrous on these game boards. If the developer announces a game for example, say Arlie announces a golf game. It has gotten to the point when people might ask, "Does it have Ryder cup play? I wish it did." Then, you have morons like Dougey say, "Shut up, enjoy the game as a golf game. Have you ever tried to create a game?" Come on dude, get a life. I am making a comment, not whining, not complaining, not bitching about GDS or Arlie. What I do get miffed about is people like you that have to get all tough and pound your chest when people's post aren't flooded with comments like, "Good golly, Molly, we got a football game and this is great. This developer is the hardest working professional I have ever known. When he is able to, this wonderful person who needs to be bowed down to will share the features. And, we all feel so lucky."[/QUOTE] keep it in your pants, no one cares. if you are "frustrated with the company", you must be an extremely impatient/irritable person. This is easily to most tech support/feedback friendly company i've ever bought a game from. There have been a few times where i've posted bugs/mistakes that I noticed in new patches and they were corrected and the new file was available for download within an hour or two of my post. As for the pro game, there has been talk of a pro game for a few months now, but only last month did Arlie say he was satisfied with bowl bound and that he will be devoting his efforts to the pro game. Now factor in the holidays, and that's about three weeks of work since the last "progress report" posted by the company. [URL="http://www.answers.com/complain"]FYI: you were complaining[/URL]

[QUOTE=SportsMan76;183391]I get what people are saying, but have you ever wanted your favorite band or artist to release a music CD. Have you ever wondered when your favorite actor will make a new movie? How about your favorite book author? "[/QUOTE] First of all, let me say that I'm not interested in a football game anyway, so it doesn't bother me whether it is released tomorrow or in a year's time. But to respond to the quoted section of your post above - in all those instances - how often did complaining to the record company / film studio / publishing company etc make the CD/Film/Book come out any sooner? All that threads like this can do is distract the developers from working on the game, because eventually they will feel obliged to post updates on this thread in order to reassure other potential customers that they are working hard on the game. In the wrestling section, there are currently 3 or 4 mods being made by 3rd parties for the new TEW. On at least 2 of the threads that announced that people were making (voluntary) mods for the community, there have been pages upon pages of moans asking when it will be released, to put extra bits / less bits in etc, and the modmakers have to keep justifying their position all the time. In their shoes, I would just turn round and tell everyone to just f-off and not release the mod, if all they are going to get is hassle. Now obviously its slightly different for Arlie and Adam, since this is their business, but come on - give them a break. As has already been said, Arlie has just finished what sounds like a major patch for the college football game. Don't you think he deserves to have a short break from things after that? Added to the little fact of the Xmas and New Year's holidays. To sum up - stop being so bloody rude, arrogant and impatient. The game(s) will be out when they are ready, and Grey Dog have absolutely NO obligation to inform any of us of any progress at all, until they decide they wish to do so. [End of rant :p ]

[quote=Cooleyvol;182576]Geez, the pro game has been in development for weeks, not months and we already have whining? Come on guys, if it was that easy EVERY person on this board would author a simulation![/quote] I made one once in compiler basic on my old pcjr (goto 10), it was just a few lines in length and was a simple random number to see how many out of 16 games I would win or lose. However I didn't find it to be particularly marketable. :)

[QUOTE=SportsMan76;182250]I was really excited about this company when Total Pro Basketball and the college basketball game out. I bought both of these along with Bowl Bound College Football. All were great games, but I am frustrated with this company now. Arlie has mentioned that a pro football game will come out. But, this has been talked about for months & months. I never hear about any features, comments, forum posts, news about this game. Then, Fast Break Basketball developer has joined the team. There is nothing really substantial about this game or its features and news. This whole company and website has turned into a "Wrestling website." There is never any new updates or news. Makes you wonder when something substantial will come out.[/QUOTE] I'm not going to pretend like I'm interested in any of the games outside of the TEW product, but I've been very impressed with this sight period..... First of all, you have the Developer's talking directly to you in the forums, not some "relations" person telling us what we want to here, which is a HUGE PLUSS in my book. The huge approar in the wrestling forums is mainly because of the very recent release, and all the bugs being worked out, pluss what was mentioned before about all the new mods to be released for it. So there is a huge amount of anticipation in the extreme right now for the wrestling product line of GDS. We have had two bug "fix's" already, but no official release of the bug free version, mainly because it's not bug free yet. What is done, is a ton of reporting by member's to let the developer know what seems to be working, what's not, what could make it more playable, etc.. and then their will be another fix, and finally and more importantly, a sturdier and long lasting product, to free up time for the developer to "relax" and then start on something new. The community for the Wrestling is Huge, and has multiple forums outside of these forums. SO with the new release, the different people from alot of other sights has all the sudden been logging in over here to keep up with the news. Over time this will die down, as everyone goes back to their perspective forums, and we all know we have the completed work. I believe I seen alot of basketball stuff going on a few months ago, that lasted a good while, when there was a new release, or maybe just a new developer joining the team, or leaving, not sure... However it was chalk full of what was going on with that. I feel the same will be true when the product your wanting to get/be involved in, shows signs of a "True" release date, as everyone will be checking it out to see whats going on. I know this don't help much for those waiting anxiously for the game your interested in, but hopefully it gives a different perspective and perhaps an understanding on what's going on (as far as why so much is happening in the Wrestling area's), and why so much is going on their and not elsewhere. Another thing I believe, is that these guys take turns... You have multiple games from GDS, and it seems to me that they take turns in letting each individual game "shine". Right now the game to shine is TEW. in two months it might be the game your interested in.. five months from now, it might be back to the Basketball game. I don't know if there is truth to this, but that seems logical to me.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;183619]Another thing I believe, is that these guys take turns... You have multiple games from GDS, and it seems to me that they take turns in letting each individual game "shine". Right now the game to shine is TEW. in two months it might be the game your interested in.. five months from now, it might be back to the Basketball game. I don't know if there is truth to this, but that seems logical to me.[/QUOTE] TEW will always shine. The boards for TEW have more replies/views than for any other game. As you've stated DJ, there are so many other forums for wrestling (creative, informational and otherwise) that it was only inevitable for this board to become dominated by wrestling fans/TEW players. That said, I'm not trying to knock any of the other creative teams as I'm sure they put every bit as much effort and work inot their respective products as went into to TEW. I'm inclined to think (like DJ), that each game is given it's time at the top. When I say at the top, I mean at the top in the GDS central part of the boards. I'm almost sure that area was dominated by a football sim some months ago. It seems that GDS games are released ( rather intelligently) so that they do not compete with each other outright for purchases. TEW comes out and it goes through all of it's incarnations until it gets to a finished product all the while, it's at the top. Next, a Bowl Bound game drops (Don't play the game but have followed some of the football dynasties) and replaces TEW as far as promotion/development and other such news is concerned. It in effect, becomes the center of the hype. Of course, threads like this contribute to/are apart of that cycle as well. You guys will get your games I'm sure. GDS isn't gonna drop all of it's titles for TEW (I don't think) so they've got to be coming. When they do, I'm sure the hype/hullabaloo/informative threads will be there. Although Probably not as much hype as for TEW as we wrestling fans are LEGION!

Okay I think we all get what you're trying to say, but the game is only a few weeks into development. In the game world, that is basically the start of the first sentence of an essay. So my response is simple. 1) No news, is good news. 2) If you're tired of the wait and not receiving any news, then don't. Do something else to pass the time instead of clicking on the website every 15 minutes and throwing a hissy fit at the lack of release and news. 3) Yes, you're entitled to your opinion and it's well appreciated. However like a few people above me have stated, we're also entitled to our opinions of calling you a whiner. 4) Please be paitent, these guys work hard on all their fantastic products and it only delays them more to have to put up with stupid little threads like these.

[QUOTE=TravisL;183756]Okay I think we all get what you're trying to say, but the game is only a few weeks into development. In the game world, that is basically the start of the first sentence of an essay. So my response is simple. 1) No news, is good news. 2) If you're tired of the wait and not receiving any news, then don't. Do something else to pass the time instead of clicking on the website every 15 minutes and throwing a hissy fit at the lack of release and news. 3) Yes, you're entitled to your opinion and it's well appreciated. However like a few people above me have stated, we're also entitled to our opinions of calling you a whiner. 4) Please be paitent, these guys work hard on all their fantastic products and it only delays them more to have to put up with stupid little threads like these.[/QUOTE] Travis, the above two threads were meant to back off this type of commenting. Although it's alot less harsh then alot of them, calling a guy a whiner, when I hardly see a huge whining debate going on (How many times has he actually posted? and he's been around longer then me). How many times has he actually posted on this thread? The thread is not stupid, unless your just not interested in it. Once more, why bother commenting on something you think is "stupid"? I'm not trying to pick on you, I know what your trying to say in the long run, and I actually aggree on certain points: Threads like these make the developers feel obligated to post replies, and thus can "hold up" their own efforts answering posts like this. I've heard this said by a developer. Also, I think these dev's work alot more together then people think. I feel that some are better with graphics, other with the programming, etc. so they kind of work together on things, and help each other out till they have a finished product. That's just something I figure would be done, not necessarily true.

Well, this is my last post on this topic. It seems that I have upset people and made them feel that I am complaining or whining. Since no one really understands what I mean, I will stop posting. However, I want to tell Arlie and others that I am not trying to rip or complain to Arlie.

[QUOTE=SportsMan76;183391]You shut up Dougey. Have I created a game before? No, I haven't, and that is not the point. I guess people should have never clamored (and that is the right word for my posts) for a Playstation 1, 2, or 3 or an X-Box so we could just stay in the old Nintendo Days. I guess people should not give restaurants reviews and ratings, movie critics should shut up, polls should be shut down, and the American public should not bash the President. Dude, you are assinine. I get what people are saying, but have you ever wanted your favorite band or artist to release a music CD. Have you ever wondered when your favorite actor will make a new movie? How about your favorite book author? If it wasn't for people like me and others clamoring for a product, there would not be companies like Grey Dog and other text sims. Have you ever thought of that? But, let's all just shut up and not post at all on the board. It gets ludicrous on these game boards. If the developer announces a game for example, say Arlie announces a golf game. It has gotten to the point when people might ask, "Does it have Ryder cup play? I wish it did." Then, you have morons like Dougey say, "Shut up, enjoy the game as a golf game. Have you ever tried to create a game?" Come on dude, get a life. I am making a comment, not whining, not complaining, not bitching about GDS or Arlie. What I do get miffed about is people like you that have to get all tough and pound your chest when people's post aren't flooded with comments like, "Good golly, Molly, we got a football game and this is great. This developer is the hardest working professional I have ever known. When he is able to, this wonderful person who needs to be bowed down to will share the features. And, we all feel so lucky."[/QUOTE] Go back and read your original post. It's quite whiney, quite bitchy, etc.

Heck, look what I helped start. Perhaps I should have explained myself better. I am hanging out for a football sim. I have played TPF and loved it but the wee teaser that a football sim was on the horizon got me excited. Now that I know it's a wee while away, and FOF2007 is out there, I think that FOF2007 is for me "now". My preference is to see what GDS has to offer as I haven't seen a poor game from them yet. Might just keep to myself from now I think. I hate somebody to get killed because of anything I helped start!!

These guy's have a reason to bitch and whine when it comes to this topic. TPF was a great game when it came out (2 years ago} but those of use who where here for all of the bull**** that went on with .400 studios break up know that greydog has had the right to make a pro football game for about 6 months now and the fact that it is of little importance (so it seems) is a little dishearting. Take in to acount the signs that lead up to the break up are repeating here again with Gary leaving etc. I love bowlbound and i'm sure the new game will be great but I for one have to look at the history and conclude that like games past we will always have drama kill the games and we will never see a 2nd version of any of Arlies products. Its sad to me because there has never been anyone better at a first version game, barr none!!! I however have to say i'm hooked and will be here to the end because I know when we get a 2nd version it will be the best game ever. Just my 2 cents Ronman

Archived