What happened to the Title History update?

I thought the official update was going to include updated title history for the Cornellverse? It only includes the exe file and a couple of readme files however. Is the title history update going to be made available through some other means? TrishFan

I'm guessing with the slight delay of 1.2, Adam's already working alot on 1.3, I'm sure he'd bundle it with the next version. If not, I'm guessing it's possible to release those files separately on the Cornellverse website.

The thing is, there was no official update yet, right? There was some updates for us on the forums, but I don't see that same update on the download page, only the normal update to be able to buy, or update the demo to retail version. This is my first run through with a new TEW game, as I was not around here before, so I might be wrong, but this is how I am seeing it.

the title updates are in my game, using the 1.2 patch. Only thing not mentioned is the number of title defenses the champs had. (which I can live with out) edit: one thing I think is funny though is that in my diary/game it's only sept week 1 2006 and the game still lists Freddy Huggins winning the TCW All Action title in October 2006 and losing it in December 2006

The patch it out for the game, that's the bit that runs things. The other things (like new promotions, title histories, etc) are data things and therefore aren't part of the patch. They will presumably be updated on the Cornellverse website sometime soon and available as part of the a complete database.

[QUOTE=derek_b;182358]The patch it out for the game, that's the bit that runs things. The other things (like new promotions, title histories, etc) are data things and therefore aren't part of the patch. They will presumably be updated on the Cornellverse website sometime soon and available as part of the a complete database.[/QUOTE] Actually, Adam did say it would be part of this patch. Maybe it will be in 1.3.

[QUOTE=gbmoore;182365]Actually, Adam did say it would be part of this patch. Maybe it will be in 1.3.[/QUOTE] What he meant was that it would be bundled with the patch. The patch is just the EXE file. The title histories and whatnot would be part of the data.

[QUOTE=Akki;182376]What he meant was that it would be bundled with the patch. The patch is just the EXE file. The title histories and whatnot would be part of the data.[/QUOTE] Ok, thanks Akki. So does that mean if I download the full 1.2 it will be in there? I haven't purchased it yet, and since he mentioned the full histories I have been content playing the demo. If it is in the full download, I will download now.

Akki and derek_b are correct. 1.2 does come with the full title histories (*) exactly as I said it would. If you download the full game or trial, they are there in the database. The small 1.2 patch that is at the top of the forum doesn't include them because it doesn't come with any data files - the small patches never have done, and never will, the whole point is that they're a small download. The data files will also be on the Cornellverse web site when I have the time to update it. (*) lotr13 is correct, the NYCW tag and tri-state lineages are not there. The histories are in the Cornellverse, but I must have forgotten to input them when I was updating the database. That'll be corrected later. In reference to his other point that they don't all go back to the promotion's founding date, that's intentional. Most real world titles don't go back to the promotion's founding date either!

As long as your save game is a CornellVerse game, and is using a completely unedited version of the database, then you can import the new title histories by putting belthistory.tw7 on your desktop, renaming it to 056.tw7, and pasting it into your save game folder, replacing the existing one. I'm going to make this very clear (although I'm well aware the usual suspects will completely ignore this and then cry about it when it messes up their game) - this technique only works on when the save game in question was started using the same database as the title lineage is in, and no editing was done to the game between the time the game was started and attempting this technique. If even one ID number is different, it will mess up the file and you will not be able to recover it. I will not be offering technical support to anyone who chooses to ignore this warning.

[QUOTE]Will it make a difference if we've played a few months in the game and titles have changed hands?[/QUOTE] No. As long as the database wasn't editing to begin with, changes that have happened [I]during the natural course of the game[/I] since then don't matter. [QUOTE]And if there is a problem, will it manifest right away when we load our game?[/QUOTE] There won't be a problem if you've followed the instructions I gave.

[quote=Adam Ryland;182549]As long as your save game is a CornellVerse game, and is using a completely unedited version of the database, then you can import the new title histories by putting belthistory.tw7 on your desktop, renaming it to 056.tw7, and pasting it into your save game folder, replacing the existing one. I'm going to make this very clear (although I'm well aware the usual suspects will completely ignore this and then cry about it when it messes up their game) - this technique only works on when the save game in question was started using the same database as the title lineage is in, and no editing was done to the game between the time the game was started and attempting this technique. If even one ID number is different, it will mess up the file and you will not be able to recover it. I will not be offering technical support to anyone who chooses to ignore this warning.[/quote] Quick follow up question to this...I just tried doing this to one of my save games where I haven't edited anything that was originally in the data set, but I added 1 worker and 1 promotion. So far I've advanced the save game 2 days without seeing any errors come up, but I wanted to make sure that this situation shouldn't result in any errors before I put the new title history into my active save game data. Cheers for keeping the Cornellverse alive and kicking! Can't wait for the next update!

Back up the Save folder to your desktop or somewhere out of the way, try it, then if it screws up you can just revert to the backup copy :) I don't THINK it should affect it, because theoretically (there's a lot of theory and thinking going on here :p Don't take this as gospel by any means (people seem to do that with my posts, which is quite annoying sometimes)) the new ID numbers will be just that; new. Not used elsewhere. So there should be no conflicts with existing people. If you deleted someone, his ID number would no longer be used, and thus if he's in the new title histories file, the game wouldn't be able to find him, and would cry about it (and probably refuse to load altogether, based on what happens when other stuff is missing). If you deleted a promotion, the same would be true for every title history related to that promotion. The game would probably get all emo and throw itself out of it's bedroom window were that the case ¬_¬. So, THEORETICALLY, if you've deleted people, and then added at least the same amount of people you've deleted, you shouldn't get anything catastrophic other than possibly some very weird title histories. But that's the most dodgy piece of theory yet :p That's my [b]theory[/b], on how it [b]might[/b] work.

The only reason I'm asking this is because I won't be at my TEW2007 Official Licensed computer (tm) until later tonight....so please don't flame me, I'm fragile :) I had added a Mid Atlantic Title reign into the original database to buffer the reigns of Mean Machine and Parker. I wonder (out loud) if that would mess it up? I'm not sure what type of editing Adam was referring to. Either way though, I'm definitely going to back up the Save and try it to see...but if anyone knows the answer before i get a chance to that would be great.

Archived