CZCW: Another Take

[B]Beginning[/B] Not exactly a unique approach to diaries, but something a little different to most. This will be written with a “player’s view" and not “in character”. Not sure how far I’ll go with this, but lets see if anyone reads it first… Choice of Fed: CZCW: A small fed. based in South West USA. Been around for some time, but still to grow in size. Major plus point is that it has a young and highly talented roster. Also, a healthy bank balance means that there is room and time to speculate in order to accumulate to see if the promotion can make it into the big leagues. Player: : Me! Owner Goals: 1. Must not be in debt in 2 years time; 2. Cannot sign any wrestler with less than C- in resilience; 3. Cannot sign or re-sign any heavy drinkers! Generally a good set of goals, but I hope that the third goal does not apply to the head booker… Finances: $450,000. Nice and healthy at the moment. This gives me room to not worry about finances for some time. Even losing $50,000 per month means I can last for 9 months before going into debt. Aims/Ambitions: Short term: 1. Protect talented members of current roster from being poached by other feds; 2. Expand the roster with talented newcomers; 3. Expand to Regional size. The first might be out of my control. The second should be achievable. The third is critical. Medium term: 1. Get first T.V. show; 2. Grow to Cult size. Much more challenging. Obviously, both are achievable, but the question is how long will it take? The T.V show might be achievable reasonably quickly. Growing to Cult sized will be much more difficult. I have set a target of 18 months (1 July 2008) to achieve this. Long term: 1. Grow to National and beyond… Anything else is too speculative at this time. Schedule: Growing to Cult status within 18 months is going to be hard. The plan will be to do weekly shows in both my home territory of the South West and my targeted “breakout” area of the North West. How long this will be able to be financed will be critical. I genuinely do not know if the money will last long enough for the weekly shows to get me up to Cult level…

[B]Week 1[/B] Approaches made for Marty Papin, Jez McArthur, Air Attack Weasel, American Weasel, Angel De Mexico, Burning EXILE, Champagne Lover, Fumihiro Ota, Hell Monkey, Joey Beauchamp, Kashmir Singh, Mainstream Hernandez, Mario Herioc, The Natural, Trent Shaffer and UK Dragon. Business agreements: Ok, need to work on relationships with the other feds. I have a good roster and I cannot sign workers to written contracts, so I need to try and protect my workers. Agreeing Working Agreements and Non-Aggression Pacts should give me more benefits than disadvantages and if they are too restrictive, then I’ll just cancel them! All agreed to Working Agreements, save for 21CW, BHOTGW, GCG, MOSC, NYCW, SWF and SOTBPW who agreed to Non-Aggressions Pacts. Signings: Kashmir Singh - $100. Joey Beauchamp - $250 Fumihiro Ota - $1,150 Angel De Mexico - $375 Trent Shaffer - $450 Mainstream Hernandez - $600 Marty Papin - $450 Jez McArthur - $725 Not signed: Mario Herioc – blocked due to business agreement. Champagne Lover - blocked due to business agreement. The Natural – signed elsewhere. American Elemental – signed elsewhere. UK Dragon – signed better, more over targets. Air Attack Weasel – wanted $800 and not worth the money. Title Changes: WEXXV: Blood Brothers Championship – Brothers in Vengance over The Pack. WEXXV: Warrior Heart – Saionji Omura over Ryu Kajahara 21CW: 21CW UK – Nightmare over Daniel Black Francis Business: Marco Flores – new head booker for MPWF Burning EXILE – new head booker for WEXXV Wanda Fish – new head booker for RIPW Jamie Anderson – new head booker for MOSC End of a fairly successful, albeit somewhat standard Week 1. The roster has filled out nicely and to the point that I might let one or two workers go who I am not happy with. With agreements with all the rival federations in place my workers look secure until I get to National and promptly break them… or the others do that to me!

[B]Week 2[/B] Rumours abound that CZCW have forgotten to sign a Road Agent. denies vehemently, but urgent calls are made to Dylan Sidle. Whoops! Looking around; How The Industry Stands: USA: Promotions – 10, Workers – 562, Dojos – 1, Economy E+ and falling, Wrestling Industry E- and falling! Japan: Promotions – 9, Workers – 393, Dojos – 2, Economy E= and falling, Wrestling Industry D- and falling Canada: Promotions – 3, Workers – 536, Dojos – 0, Economy E and falling, Wrestling Industry – D+ and rising (woo!). Mexico: Promotions – 3, Workers – 156, Dojos – 0, Economy E and rising, Wrestling Industry – D and falling. UK: Promotions – 3, Workers – 162, Dojos – 0, Economy D+ and falling, Wrestling Industry – D- and falling, Europe: Promotions – 1, Workers – 163, Dojos – 0, Economy B- and rising, Wrestling Industry – B+ and rising, Well, things are looking bleak! The economy and the industry in the USA frankly stinks! The only plus side is that everywhere else is almost as bad. Europe is sticking out like a sore thumb, but there is little chance of a challenge coming from there, so who cares. Plus points? It can’t get much worse! Signings: Burning EXILE: $500, 3 month short term contract. [B]SHOWTIME![/B] Not letting a minor issue like the lack of full time road agent get in the way, we have reached the time for the first show. Regardless of the abysmal state of the industry, now could be the time to go for broke and move up in size in readiness for an upturn that must come eventually… mustn’t it? So, this is new roster. The pushes of the workers needs to be tweeked, but I am quite happy with what we have. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting So that you cannot complain about being uniformed, this is the product: [IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/teakle/3.jpg[/IMG] Only change being in a big shortening in expected match lengths. I happen to think that the term “explosive action” and a minimum match length of 15 minutes are contradictory! As booked: [IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/teakle/4.jpg[/IMG] Results: 1. Burning EXILE defeated Kashmir Singh in 6:53 by pinfall with an Exile Driver. Burning EXILE and Kashmir Singh have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Kashmir Singh is improving in Technical skills. 2. Citizen X is in the ring with a microphone. He claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone, and so he is making an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face him in a singles match. This segment didn't go down with a crowd who came primarily to see in-ring action! 3. Fox Mask defeated Ángel De México in 10:56 by pinfall with a Fox Hunter. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Ángel De México is improving in Performance skills. 4. Insane Machine defeated Mainstream Hernandez in 14:51 when Insane Machine retrieved the item. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The announcing job done by Marty Papin was pretty weak. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Mainstream Hernandez is improving in Performance skills. 5. Trent Shaffer defeated Jeremiah Moose in 7:31 by pinfall with a Heart Burn. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Jeremiah Moose is improving in Performance skills. 6. Fumihiro Ota defeated Marc Speed in 10:37 by pinfall with a Ninja Strike. Fumihiro Ota and Marc Speed don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Marc Speed is improving in Flying skills. 7. Ultimate Phoenix defeated Plague in 17:44 by pinfall with a Phoenix Firebird Splash. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The announcing job done by Marty Papin was pretty weak. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. The match deserved better colour commentary. Ultimate Phoenix is improving in Rumble skills. Ultimate Phoenix is improving in Flying skills. Ultimate Phoenix is improving in Performance skills. [IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/teakle/5.jpg[/IMG] End of FIRST show thoughts: Well, overall a good show. In fact, a C rating is pretty darn good, so I am happy with that. Dealing with the negative first, my one and only angle bombed! I think it may be wise to move to 100% matches until I get more over workers. More negatives is that the only “good chemistry” comment came from a match with Burning EXILE who is on a temp contract! Plus points? Hard to say really, all around it was a good show so I am happy universally. Put the ticket prices up! Title Changes: WLW: World Level Show Stealer – Silver Shark over The Incredible KOYAMA CGC: Canadian – Fate over Shooter Sean Deeley. SOTBPW: Campeones de Parejas – Los Sickness over Ataque De Noche 5SSW: 5 Star Tag Team – Kit Hatoyama and Kiko Sakakibara over All Business

Archived